• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I really hate this coppa thing, I had to take down all my videos because they could be seen as kid stuff and I don't want a fine. Ugh.
I was getting ready to create more videos for my channel, which I haven't added to in over a year, when all this COPPA nonsense started happening. Shame, since I had a lot of fun video ideas.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Coppa better stoppa
For real. My friend has a channel that is just now starting to get popular and I don't think he knows about the bs that's going on. I'd hate to break it to him but also i'd hate for him to get in trouble.

Noipoi

Howdy!
For real. My friend has a channel that is just now starting to get popular and I don't think he knows about the bs that's going on. I'd hate to break it to him but also i'd hate for him to get in trouble.
let’s hope the situation is resolved soon. I had a channel in the works too.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I really hate this coppa thing, I had to take down all my videos because they could be seen as kid stuff and I don't want a fine. Ugh.
All I ever really posted on YouTube was my voice over and some comic dubs. I have a project I'm currently working on that has been in the works for a few months now. I'm not really going to give up on it, as I've already got a cast and everything, so I'm just moving to a different platform. One of the people who auditioned was an actor that's been doing small stage performances for ten years, and man you can tell they have experience. Needless to say, they got cast. This is the character they play. https://imgur.com/a/1rOefBm

They are also the best actor since they are the only one that gave me a testimonial. /s

D

Deleted member

Eh, I personally don’t care too much about how Coppa affect my channel. Don’t get me wrong, it’s dumb and all, but I mainly just do IRL skits with a little editing, so it doesn’t affect me too much

D

Deleted member

Logs in the thread

Yeah, cursed stuff happened.

But I’m too depressed and full of anxiety to post a blessed picture. More so after everyone ignored the Soundwave video I shared.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hopefully this means something.

Please let a new Darkstalkers be on the way.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Logs in the thread

Yeah, cursed stuff happened.

But I’m too depressed and full of anxiety to post a blessed picture. More so after everyone ignored the Soundwave video I shared.
:(
I'm sorry, I must have been offline when you posted that. Other than that though, what's the matter?

D

Deleted member

:(
I'm sorry, I must have been offline when you posted that. Other than that though, what's the matter?
I am at the point of depression and anxiety where one starts thinking about everything at radical levels and sees non-existing (or maybe existing?) menaces everywhere they go both online and irl.

It was the point I was in back when UA3 got revealed... and let’s just say that all of you should better ignore any post I could make that seems too radical.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I am at the point of depression and anxiety where one starts thinking about everything at radical levels and sees non-existing (or maybe existing?) menaces everywhere they go both online and irl.

It was the point I was in back when UA3 got revealed... and let’s just say that all of you should better ignore any post I could make that seems too radical.
I feel you, I was depressed for almost four years straight from 2016 until a few months ago. If you wanna talk feel free to message me.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
How marketable is Yoshi's likeness? Well...

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Well today I had an adventure across the island. Led me to getting a copy of Persona 3 dancing for really cheap so it was fun.

D

Deleted member

Don't want to come off as an ass, and pretty late, but you took down all your videos because of coppa? A bit extreme if you ask me then again I am just a kid in the eyes of the law so idk

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Don't want to come off as an ass, and pretty late, but you took down all your videos because of coppa? A bit extreme if you ask me then again I am just a kid in the eyes of the law so idk
Getting fined up to 42,000 dollars isn't a risk many people want to take, and that's perfectly understandable.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Getting fined up to 42,000 dollars isn't a risk many people want to take, and that's perfectly understandable.
That's a fair point and all, but deleting practically your entire channel just over that? Dunno.

I mean, I don't even know what content Derping Pikachu even posts anyway. I couldn't even begin to imagine me deleting any of my videos now that I've gotten rolling with the kinda content I'm good at, potential fines be damned.

Last edited by a moderator:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
You should really look into the law before calling me extreme, as Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! mentioned, you can get fined up to 42,000 dollars If you don't follow their guidelines.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
That's a fair point and all, but deleting practically your entire channel just over that? Dunno.

I mean, I don't even know what content Derping Pikachu even posts anyway. I couldn't even begin to imagine me deleting any of my videos now that I've gotten rolling with the kinda content I'm good at, potential fines be damned.
I can't speak for others, but my videos aren't deleted. They might be off of my channel, but I still have them. And getting fined up to 42,000 dollars? I'd rather not risk going in debt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom