• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Checks thread: Series X is being discussed.

Can we just travel forwards in time to when everyone gets over it? Can we skip this whole thing?

Remember kids. When you make fun of Xbox, you're making fun of Minecraft.

Remember Adults: When you make fun of Xbox, you're making fun of Rare

Shroob

Sup?

Can we just travel forwards in time to when everyone gets over it? Can we skip this whole thing?

It's called having a sense of humor, Snake.

Let kids have their maymays over a silly name, no one's getting hurt or offended.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

That’s not how that works.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

at the end of the day Microsoft is the king of PC games so they'll just move it there if the Xbox flops like hell

D

Deleted member

Wish I could buy Xbox Series X.

But my parents believe I already have too many systems at home already.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
My man Beers (Beerus) is finally getting into Death Battle.

Probably one of the most hype things to look forward to for it's next season.

Shame he gets absolutely bodied by most of his popular opponents.

Noipoi

Howdy!

No one’s **** talking Microsoft or their properties we’re **** talking their console’s weird ass name.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The new Xbox console is just one of the obsidian pillars that heals the Ender Dragon in Minecraft.

Go figure.
Seeing how one of the Xbox One revisions literally had Master Chief’s head sculpted into one of its main chips inside, that possibility wouldn’t surprise me.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

I don't care if I'm making fun of Rare, Sea of Thieves is already a joke.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I just wanna talk to the guy naming these things. Ask him why.
I think console naming has just become a lost art.

Sony never really tried, opting instead for a number (which is ok), except for the Vita (which was a stupid name).

Aside from the original Xbox name, the 360 is really the only one with a good recognizable name, Microsoft has been pretty bad about names otherwise.

I honestly think Nintendo was just lucky with the Switch, before that I would argue that they haven't come up with a good name since the DS. The Wii was cute, but kind of a stupid name, Wii U is a dumpster fire of a name, 3DS is essentially a bad pun (same with the 2DS), New Nintendo 2/3DS XL is pretty self-explanatory. Which is all really sad coming from the company who named the NES/Famicom-Gamecube and GB-DS.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I think the thing is, I don't feel like I learned anything about Jesse Pinkman I didn't already get from the five seasons of Breaking Bad. That's not a bad thing, but it didn't really change my perspective of the character in many meaningful way.
It did for me. He left his past behind him and grew into a more mature person.

Subtly, throughout the film, you see where he out-smarts the bad guys. His intelligence stat took a BIG spike, and some plans he comes up with are right out of Heisenberg's playbook. And yet... he doesn't sell his soul for freedom. Rather, instead of becoming the villain he ends up being the hero of the story.

And, we see where he moves on from the drug life and becomes someone that's well-grounded and adopts a new, stronger, more rock-solid life path. Not only does he refuse to get back into the dangerous drug business, but he swears off drugs entirely. If you watch throughout the film... Jesse doesn't even smoke a SINGLE cigarette. Not even one. And I think that's a clear testament to his development as a character and a story that tells the tale of how anybody can turn their life around and find at least some semblance of peace in life if they are willing to rebuild and not sell their soul to do it.

Both Walt and Jesse changed their lives forever... but, in contrasting the two... one died doing what he loved, yet he lost his soul in the process. With the other though, he matured and went free... and learned how to be at peace with himself even with all that happened. One destroyed his soul, while the other was able to keep it.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
One thing I like about media licensed games (Like movie based, show based, etc) is that they were once notoriously awful, slowly became more passionate, as if instead of being a cheap cash grab, slowly became more of a passion project by huge fans of the series of sorts as technplogy progressed.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
One thing I like about media licensed games (Like movie based, show based, etc) is that they were once notoriously awful, slowly became more passionate, as if instead of being a cheap cash grab, slowly became more of a passion project by huge fans of the series of sorts as technplogy progressed.
These days licensed games stand shoulder to shoulder with game original IPs. And I think that's a positive change.

After all, LEGO games exist and are like, the only title remaining in the platformer/beat em up/puzzle genre that I relished in as a child.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Since it looks like images are back, I wanna do some more brainstorming and drawing with my Paper Mario game ideas when I get off work. Quick question I wanted to ask concerning that is I have an Odyssey styled fast travel system in mind for this game and I wanna ask which sounds better for the animation: using a pipe formed from the magic pages or Mario turning into a paper airplane and quickly taking off?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Somehow I bodied the Dr.Wily Spirit without Metal Killer. Not bad. Still gotta level up a handful of spirits and do a few classic modes. But I'm getting there.

I was playing Ryu for a while, then went back to Mega Man. Really the only weird thing is that I tried doing inputs for the first couple matches.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Since it looks like images are back, I wanna do some more brainstorming and drawing with my Paper Mario game ideas when I get off work. Quick question I wanted to ask concerning that is I have an Odyssey styled fast travel system in mind for this game and I wanna ask which sounds better for the animation: using a pipe formed from the magic pages or Mario turning into a paper airplane and quickly taking off?
Pipe. Paper Airplanes are not capable of self propelled flight.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Get a fan and let it blow him away

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
"Xbox Monolith", “"Xbox Tower", "Xbox Something-Not-Completely-Stupid"
Xbox Monlith would be cool. I was thinking X-Box Prime sounded cool and dudebro-ish. Which is fine by me.

But being Xbox-Series X is about as lame as the Wii-U.

Because the Wii-U is probably still the worst console name from something that's actually relevant.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Xbox Monlith would be cool. I was thinking X-Box Prime sounded cool and dudebro-ish. Which is fine by me.

But being Xbox-Series X is about as lame as the Wii-U.

Because the Wii-U is probably still the worst console name from something that's actually relevant.
Wii U sounds like a social media app for the Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom