• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Evidently there's a leak from China that lists Witcher 3 as coming to Switch.

Geralt in Smash anybody?

I've never played The Witcher 3, so I'm just putting it out there for conversation.
Probably coming a streamed game. Hyped for a solid second of input delay.

NineS

Smash Lord
Okay, how about this.
Smash begins to do DLC costume packs for fighters.

One of the packs has the live-action movie appearances of certain fighters as costumes.
This is the pack:
Background.png
Background.png

Background.png
Background.png
Background.png
Background.png

and of course...
Background.png

Do you buy it? What other costume packs would you like to see?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Better yet, I'll go down to the courthouse and legally change my real name to Wademean!

Implying I'm not already.
And I'll travel to Japan, change my name to "Mother 3," then come back to the US.

And I can say that Mother 3 came to the west!

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridium

Smash Hero
D

Deleted member

Well rip to everybody who was on Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei 's "good riddance" category, and congrats to the elitists who were recognized.
I dont think its the time to start attacking on people, we had a serious incident and some people just got really heated up. I understand a lot of actions were kinda uncalled for but at this time is better to try understand and listen to eah other.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I dont think its the time to start attacking on people, we had a serious incident and some people just got really heated up. I understand a lot of actions were kinda uncalled for but at this time is better to try understand and listen to eah other.
Who's attacking? Genuinely curious.

Graizen

Smash Champion
So , as i said
Or Sora, becouse he is popular right now
Or Erdrick/Chrono , becouse they are legends
And as we know , Erdrick is very likely

D

Deleted member

Okay, how about this.

One of the packs has the live-action movie appearances of certain fighters as costumes.
This is the pack:

I did not expect a Sonic face here

But I will pay $60 for this magnificence

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Okay, how about this.

This is the pack:

The crossdressing pack! ;p
i unironically want all of these btw

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
But i dont want to listen to each other. I want ridley in smash.

Oh wait.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I just played a Ness ditto match online for the first time and I legit had the most low IQ match in this game so far.
Take a wild guess what happened throughout the entire match.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

The crossdressing pack! ;p
i unironically want all of these btw
I would buy that. Imagine getting beat by cross dressing cloud. That would be great. And lucina could pretend to be marth.
And luigi dressed as daisy.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Okay, how about this.

This is the pack:

I probably would because I like the Detective Pikachu designs and it be cool to have them in the game.

I wouldn’t use the sonic one ever though.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Funny you say this as I'm thinking about getting REmake 2 after buying my friend's PC as my first RE game
Dooooo iiiiiit. It's the best entry to RE, I think, because it works well as a modern shooter, a 3D-style Metroidvania-esque survival horror and a B-movie horror that gives the series all its charm. It's corny, it's frightening, it's fun as hell.

Anyone who hasn't played a RE game before, I highly recommend RE2make as their first.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I probably would because I like the Detective Pikachu designs and it be cool to have them in the game.

I wouldn’t use the sonic one ever though.
I would. I was actually fine with his movie design. It did not bother me much.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Is this related to the controversy regarding a certain VA or is it a different one

So basically fun times are ahead

That and I doubt a lot of the VAs come cheap (disregarding the 4 characters who use monster and animal noises instead of their actual voices, plenty of characters reuse their old voice clips. Hell, Lucina still uses her Smash 4 voice clips despite no longer being voiced by Laura Bailey)

Best one could probably get at the moment involves fan art

That and having to pay all the voice actors

Yeah, I can see Classic mode working for those intros, but that would involve having to get the VAs back for each new DLC added and if they aren't willing to do that for the Guidances, I don't think they will for intros.
That’s why you, and this will blow your mind, PLAN THE DLC AHEAD OF TIME. You don’t have to start any actual development. Just decide who they are do you can write and record dialogue with the main cast.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Same here, actually. I wasn't bothered by it one bit.
Good to see there are others. I personally love bad video game movies, so i am excited for the sonic movie.

That’s why you, and this will blow your mind, PLAN THE DLC AHEAD OF TIME. You don’t have to start any actual development. Just decide who they are do you can write and record dialogue with the main cast.
That might not be possible during development. I look to corrin on this one positive he did not exist when initial planning was done. And the smash ballot chose bayo.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You can improvise VERY easily. Amaterasu in MvC can't speak, she's a dog. So that's why her companion Issun talks. The Links can have their fairies do the talking for them. Again, even just textboxes without voice lines at the end of a match would suffice.
In all fairness, Issun and Navi were practically created to talk for their partners. A significant portion of the cast doesn't have partners for that. It's not just one or two characters they'd be improvising for, its a multitude of them.

I guess its not impossible but it's also be a bit difficult to have that many combinations without getting stale.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Mushishi.
Disastrous life of saiki k
Mystical ninja starring goemon

Mainly mushishi
watched all of Mushishi, that was the most calming anime I have ever watched

Watched most of Saiki, it was the funniest anime ive seen only second to Daily Lives of High School Boys

Goemon, I have never seen before

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
watched all of Mushishi, that was the most calming anime I have ever watched

Watched most of Saiki, it was thenfunniest anime ive seen only second to Daily Lives of High School Boys

Goemon, I have never seen before
Goemon is a video game anime. I liked it.

I would recommend you're under arrest also if you like 90s police drama. I really enjoyed it, and for the time, it was pretty progressive.

Thinking. I also would recommend commarde high (pretty sure i spelled it wrong). If you like saiki, you would like this one.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Back from watching Kong: Skull Island.

And on another related note. Its just 3 days/78 more hours until I finally watch King of the Monsters! That said I'll be also watching the 2014 Godzilla film on Wednesday as part of getting ready. The exact reason I watched Kong: Skull Island again.

D

Deleted member

Something I thought about recently was how Erdrick would be handled when he gets into Smash. Something I've noticed is that when we hear about a character like Incineroar who has been leaked for months, people start to form set expectations as to how the character is gonna look and play like when they are actually announced. And at least for me, when that character actually is announced and showcased I think "woah I didn't expect them too look like that or do that". I feel like a lot of people tend to form even unintentionally this set expectation for how a character is gonna be in Smash.
This was sort of just a ramble, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that even if we know Erdrick is in, I think him and his trailer are still gonna be surprising and exciting in a lot of ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom