• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The only way I see character interactions becoming a thing would be through short cutscenes before battles in something like Classic, rendered in the in-game engine. It would be fairly limited though, SSE worked a bit better because all the characters were put into one big scenario, one which primarily aimed to draw reactions from them above anything else, short cutscenes with no greater context would not bring the best out of the characters, and it'd be hard to make much sense of any cross-series interactions.

There's no way it'll happen during battles or intros, Smash is already a very busy game both in the visual and sound department, especially in free for alls. Unlike other fighting games, it does not have the luxury of fully-fledged intros or supers due to its varying number of players, and there's not even a whole lot to do with the victory screens since most of the cast is mute. I get that there's a lot of untapped potential there, but I don't think it's worth forcing onto the game when there's not an immediately logical way to pull it off.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, I don't see why they don't at least write some post-game flavor-text between character victories, especially if those players are connected. You don't even need to bring the VAs back and if people dislike the trash-talky victory quotes, they could of course, turn them off.

Something like how Street Fighter has been doing for around say, 20, 30 years?

ryu vs rashid.jpg

(I mean at least do it for Ryu and Ken cuz they kinda started it all)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Before we leave off the subject of character interactions, would anyone be interested in helping me think of some for my Sonic fighting game ideas?

Amy: What do you say? Loser buys the other dinner?
Sonic: I know that would mean a date either way.
Amy: It was worth a shot.

Sonic: You wanna piece of this?
Zavok: If there are any left after I’m through with you
Sonic: Well, that’s a little morbid

I’ll see if I can find the ones I did before, here’s the characters I’m working with:
Characters I want to mainly focus on:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Miles “Tails” Prowler
Amy Rose
Knuckles the Echidna
Dr. Eggman/Eggman Nega (alt. character)
Metal Sonic
Cream the Rabbit (Tikal the Echidna as a potential assist for story reasons)
Shadow the Hedgehog
Rouge the Bat
E-123 Omega
Vector the Crocodile & Charmy the Bee
Espio the Chameleon
Blaze the Cat
Silver the Hedgehog
Classic Sonic
Sticks the Badger
Big the Cat
Honey the Cat
E-102 Gamma
Chaos
Emerl (Gemerl as an alt. character)
Mephiles the Dark
Erazor Djinn
Sonic the Werehog
Merlina
Zavok (assisted by the rest of the Deadly Six)
Heavy King (assisted by the rest of the Hard-Boiled Heavies)
Infinite
Classic Eggman
Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel
Bean the Dynamite
Bark the Polar Bear
Mighty the Armadillo/Ray the Flying Squirrel

Other potential characters
Captain Whisker/Johnny
D-Fekt
Dark Chao Walker
Void
Tangle the Lemur
Whisper the Wolf

Potential Guests
NiGHTS
Akira Yuki
Segata Sanshiro
Joker
Mega Man

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
So I finally got around to starting Xenoblade 2. Overall it's pretty fun and the story seems very interesting, but holy crap is the English voice acting + lip syncing really bad. There was even a part where Pyra said a full sentence with her mouth closed. And don't even get me started on Rex's battle scream during the first fight involving Pyra.
I personally couldn't stand the English dub so I changed the voices to Japanese. It felt more comfortable to me and I didn't have to see weird lip syncing.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So I finally got around to starting Xenoblade 2. Overall it's pretty fun and the story seems very interesting, but holy crap is the English voice acting + lip syncing really bad. There was even a part where Pyra said a full sentence with her mouth closed. And don't even get me started on Rex's battle scream during the first fight involving Pyra.
For some reason, Nintendo games tend not to have the best voice acting.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Before we leave off the subject of character interactions, would anyone be interested in helping me think of some for my Sonic fighting game ideas?

Amy: What do you say? Loser buys the other dinner?
Sonic: I know that would mean a date either way.
Amy: It was worth a shot.

Sonic: You wanna piece of this?
Zavok: If there are any left after I’m through with you
Sonic: Well, that’s a little morbid

I’ll see if I can find the ones I did before, here’s the characters I’m working with:
Characters I want to mainly focus on:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Miles “Tails” Prowler
Amy Rose
Knuckles the Echidna
Dr. Eggman/Eggman Nega (alt. character)
Metal Sonic
Cream the Rabbit (Tikal the Echidna as a potential assist for story reasons)
Shadow the Hedgehog
Rouge the Bat
E-123 Omega
Vector the Crocodile & Charmy the Bee
Espio the Chameleon
Blaze the Cat
Silver the Hedgehog
Classic Sonic
Sticks the Badger
Big the Cat
Honey the Cat
E-102 Gamma
Chaos
Emerl (Gemerl as an alt. character)
Mephiles the Dark
Erazor Djinn
Sonic the Werehog
Merlina
Zavok (assisted by the rest of the Deadly Six)
Heavy King (assisted by the rest of the Hard-Boiled Heavies)
Infinite
Classic Eggman
Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel
Bean the Dynamite
Bark the Polar Bear
Mighty the Armadillo/Ray the Flying Squirrel

Other potential characters
Captain Whisker/Johnny
D-Fekt
Dark Chao Walker
Void
Tangle the Lemur
Whisper the Wolf

Potential Guests
NiGHTS
Akira Yuki
Segata Sanshiro
Joker
Mega Man
My night. I will try something.

D

Deleted member

Page scroll forcing posts aren't ideal (trimmed down a bit)
Hi.

Isn't it the best comeback message ever written to this date?
/Shameless repost from NintenZone 7.0 since barely anyone is active there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
That is strange. You’d think they’d want to keep milking it. Maybe it was getting too expensive to make, even for HBO.
To my knowledge it's because of HBO's upcoming show about an alternate timeline where the Confederacy won the Civil War or something, plus the lead writers wanted to get GoT over with so they could jump into the next project without being split between two shows.
What's a game you guys want to see remade?
Honestly... really just any sorta cult classic that's really expensive to buy legit nowadays.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Evidently there's a leak from China that lists Witcher 3 as coming to Switch.

Geralt in Smash anybody?

I've never played The Witcher 3, so I'm just putting it out there for conversation.

NineS

Smash Lord

Geralt in Smash anybody?

I've never played The Witcher 3, so I'm just putting it out there for conversation.
Skeptical.
Characters that didn't originate from video games most likely won't get into Smash, as I believe Sakurai stated himself.

And Geralt originated from a series of polish books.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
so til Jamie Marchi is ignoring serving papers and making memes about them on twitter.

Wouldnt ignoring those land you in jail /court?
Is this related to the controversy regarding a certain VA or is it a different one

I think dataminers have a 50/50 shot at finding the next dlc character and the third one’s codename. I think we absolutely are getting character two at E3, it’s just a matter of will they wait to add all the data to 4.0 or will some of it be distributed in 3.0 to make things easier for the release of 4.0.
So basically fun times are ahead

Not to mention RIVAL BATTLE CUTSCENES! That wouldn’t exactly work here considering so many of the characters are mutes, but oh my god I love it so much in All-Stars and want it badly in Smash.
That and I doubt a lot of the VAs come cheap (disregarding the 4 characters who use monster and animal noises instead of their actual voices, plenty of characters reuse their old voice clips. Hell, Lucina still uses her Smash 4 voice clips despite no longer being voiced by Laura Bailey)

I love Smash
I play it every week at least once
I visit this site daily

But for real guys, Smash is a ****ing awful crossover, where the ACTUAL **** are the character interactions?
Best one could probably get at the moment involves fan art

In Smash’s defense. Considering how many characters they have, it won’t be easy to keep track of them all in a big overarching story.
That and having to pay all the voice actors

The only way I see character interactions becoming a thing would be through short cutscenes before battles in something like Classic, rendered in the in-game engine. It would be fairly limited though, SSE worked a bit better because all the characters were put into one big scenario, one which primarily aimed to draw reactions from them above anything else, short cutscenes with no greater context would not bring the best out of the characters, and it'd be hard to make much sense of any cross-series interactions.

There's no way it'll happen during battles or intros, Smash is already a very busy game both in the visual and sound department, especially in free for alls. Unlike other fighting games, it does not have the luxury of fully-fledged intros or supers due to its varying number of players, and there's not even a whole lot to do with the victory screens since most of the cast is mute. I get that there's a lot of untapped potential there, but I don't think it's worth forcing onto the game when there's not an immediately logical way to pull it off.
Yeah, I can see Classic mode working for those intros, but that would involve having to get the VAs back for each new DLC added and if they aren't willing to do that for the Guidances, I don't think they will for intros.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
The OST is amazing, I'll tell you that. Fitting that a guy who worked on God of War's OST would go on to work on the OST of a different kind of god.

You'll be internally scream of joy when you hear it in the theatre. This movie, I'd say, is more faithful and better than 2014 in every way from what I've heard and seen.
They might be external screams :laugh:

I really like the 2014 film. I watched yesterday, and I think it's a masterfully made film that gets so much right about re-inventing Godzilla.
That being said, it teases and strings the hype out right till the end, so I'm more than down for a two-hour, balls-to-the-wall kaiju throw-down. Modern re-designs of some classic TOHO creations have me majorly excited.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Well I mean shes involved yeah but Im more confused on why she thinks dodging court summons papers and memeing about it on twitter of all places is a good idea
Wouldn't be the first time Jamie was involved in controversial ****. Just look at comments regarding the dub of Kobayashi's Maid Dragon

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So...

I heard some things....

I heard some staff did some stupid things.

I heard one user in particular was disgusting.

I heard that some users were bullied off the site and when they left they were insulted behind their back.

I heard of rioting.

I heard about people I thought were cool turned to ****ters.

I came back just to say my life has been astronomically better since I left.

Unless some miracle happens. It will be permanent. I have the people I care about on discord and if I missed anyone, they'll be easy to find.
Sad to see you go mate, you were one of the coolest people here. I'll try and keep in touch.

D

Deleted member

Geralt in Smash anybody?

Most likely its coming as a streamable title like RE7 in Japan, wouldn't be surprising honestly.

I do think the issue would be that they would have to deal with the book author in addition to CD Projekt, and given the issues with money that they had I don't think it sounds like a good idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom