• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
27 million degrees Fahrenheit take. PSASBR is a better crossover than Smash. It doesn’t just stick elements from all its franchises together. It actually has them interact.
Literally the only thing PSASBR has going for it compared to Smash. Smash still is superior in pretty much every other area.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What does this have to do with smash?

He said that there would be unexpected choices, not characters from new franchises only. It's possible, but he didn't say that exactly.
I didn’t mention smash though?
Unless you are asking how it affects smash. In which case it doesn’t. It’s obviously not gonna change anything with smash if RE is getting in but it’s likely for a new RE project.
With the 3.1 patch coming in the next week, I wonder if dataminers are going to find anything new.

I doubt it, mainly because they’d probably only update it if there was a character coming that would be released at E3. In that case, my guess would be Erdrick, which wouldn’t really be too new.

Really, i’m just hyped to see if there’s a second reveal, and who it will be. I won’t really even care if it’s a surprise. I just hope it’s a worthwhile one.
I think dataminers have a 50/50 shot at finding the next dlc character and the third one’s codename. I think we absolutely are getting character two at E3, it’s just a matter of will they wait to add all the data to 4.0 or will some of it be distributed in 3.0 to make things easier for the release of 4.0.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly yeah. Stage Morphing is cool but it'll never be as cool as "Look at the cutesy Loco Roco orbs having fun minding their own busine-ROARRRRR HERE'S A ****ING METAL GEAR THAT CAME OUT OF ****ING NOWHERE"
Not to mention RIVAL BATTLE CUTSCENES! That wouldn’t exactly work here considering so many of the characters are mutes, but oh my god I love it so much in All-Stars and want it badly in Smash.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
He said that there would be unexpected choices, not characters from new franchises only. It's possible, but he didn't say that exactly.
I firmly believe that any characters in the Fighter pass will be from new franchises. Because otherwise they wouldn’t be coming with new stages. Remember Smash4? They could have made a new stage based off of Fates to go with Corrin. But they didn’t. Stages and characters from franchises already in the game will be sold a la carte.

Okay. I get why people were mad at that one. But he never bothered me.

I still think in the sequel he should be like Zelda/Sheik in Melee and Brawl.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Not to mention RIVAL BATTLE CUTSCENES! That wouldn’t exactly work here considering so many of the characters are mutes, but oh my god I love it so much in All-Stars and want it badly in Smash.
If only the rival battles themselves weren’t such a drag to get through with how the game mechanics are set up.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well.... I'll apologize for that last bit.

I was pretty mad when I found out everything that happened.

I'm still leaving King, but I'll edit out the inflammatory part.

That aside, we'll still talk on steam bud.
Suffice to say, I think you're already forgiven for it. No one would blame you for being so pissed off.

Everyone in the know was pretty damn livid when the news came to light and that included myself. Following that incident, things on this site just kept unraveling until it all came to a head. Drastic measures had to be taken and people had to discuss things thoroughly before the site's situation got any worse. I wasn't pleased with several people myself, including several users and some staff members.

Thing is now, the actions of one monster can't be undone, but healing is possible, and those affected are, to my knowledge, already on the road to it. As for Smashboards, the staff's doing all they can to work towards a better future.

I completely understand why you don't want to be on this site anymore, and if the departure has imrpoved your life already anyway, then yeah, you should definitely continue staying away from it. Do what's best and most healthy for yourself.

I'm very glad to hear that we'll certainly maintain contact on Steam, Swamp. :) Regardless, Godspeed. You'll definitely be missed around here, make no mistake about that. I'm just truly sorry that any part of this terrible mess happened to begin with. It was truly awful.

I'm going to leave the subject at that, because, well, not everything that transpired can be undone, but it's also for the best that none of it is reignited right now. The incident has since passed, and as I've said prior, both the staff and the community are doing all they can to make and reach a better future from here on out. And I look forward to the day that we do.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I firmly believe that any characters in the Fighter pass will be from new franchises. Because otherwise they wouldn’t be coming with new stages. Remember Smash4? They could have made a new stage based off of Fates to go with Corrin. But they didn’t. Stages and characters from franchises already in the game will be sold a la carte.

Okay. I get why people were mad at that one. But he never bothered me.

I still think in the sequel he should be like Zelda/Sheik in Melee and Brawl.
People were very mad with 2 coles. And the game was missing dart.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I love Smash
I play it every week at least once
I visit this site daily

But for real guys, Smash is a ****ing awful crossover, where the ACTUAL **** are the character interactions?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I love Smash
I visit this site daily

But for real guys, Smash is a ****ing awful crossover, where the ACTUAL **** are the character interactions?
The interactions in psasbr were jokes though.
And spirits is a good interaction.
And and, smash is a fighting game.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i'd agree more if we hadn't received so few new stages to begin with in ultimate

as far as i see it, a new pokemon/fire emblem stage is still very much on the cards due to the lack of any current new ones

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I love Smash
I visit this site daily

You see, what we’re missing is a little thing called Subspace Emissary. Whether or not you likecthe gameplay, those cutscenes were Bob-omb!

At the very least, WoL could have had talking heads.

For real though, Sakurai would never do something like rival battles or stage invasions.
People were very mad with 2 coles. And the game was missing dart.
Fun fact, the next 2 DLC characters were supposed to be Dart and Abe. But it didn’t sell well enough and they canceled it. They CANCELED the DLC! Dart was even fully modeled.
396014E4-D708-4115-B04A-2ADE958F5DD7.jpeg

23521AE2-C3A4-4B8A-9D3C-E56157954007.jpeg

D

Deleted member

So...

I heard some things....

I heard some staff did some stupid things.

I heard one user in particular was disgusting.

I heard that some users were bullied off the site and when they left they were insulted behind their back.

I heard of rioting.

I heard about people I thought were cool turned to ****ters.

I came back just to say my life has been astronomically better since I left.

Unless some miracle happens. It will be permanent. I have the people I care about on discord and if I missed anyone, they'll be easy to find.
You're making a smart decision Sensei, I honestly thought that some things were happening that ended up being overblown and some situations where I should have raised my voice louder in disagreement. A lot of this **** is kinda hard to see in retrospective as a lot of users were really heated when we got the news and ultimately I feel that it could've been avoided with people actually listening.

Frankly I'm kinda ashamed of myself with going along with some things as frankly I wasn't really into it.

D

Deleted member

I love Smash
I visit this site daily

In The Subspace Emissary remember?

*two characters nod at each other*

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
You see, what we’re missing is a little thing called Subspace Emissary. Whether or not you likecthe gameplay, those cutscenes were Bob-omb!

At the very least, WoL could have had talking heads.

For real though, Sakurai would never do something like rival battles or stage invasions.

Fun fact, the next 2 DLC characters were supposed to be Dart and Abe. But it didn’t sell well enough and they canceled it. They CANCELED the DLC! Dart was even fully modeled.
View attachment 224688
View attachment 224689
I was so hyped for that dlc. And they killed it. With zeus.

Rrrrr

D

Deleted member

Can you guys believe the Feb 13 direct was 3 and a half months ago?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nothing enrages me more than “it’s a fighting game, it doesn’t need a story”.

Also... HOW. Spirits is.... like a total joke. It’s just a bunch of pngs and multicolored characters withmodifiers. That’s not characters and their personalities interacting and bouncing off each other. That’s not Kraid showing up on PNF-408 to wreck house. That’s basically nothing. A very substantial nothing. But nothing.

Also, all star’s interactions were rad. Don’t care what you say.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'll tell you what to do. Talk some Godzilla with me. Seeing it Sunday in IMAX and I'm mad hyped.
Awesome I hope you enjoy it as I do!

As a huge Godzilla fanboy. This is my most anticipated film this year let alone years since I've been waiting for it for 5 years and to boot Godzilla vs. Kong as well next year.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'd rather have a bad attempt than no attempt. Spirits is "You're using the power of this character!" which is cool yes but I want more **** like the codecs or the Guidances with guest characters, you have ALL these characters and the only ones who say anything specific to specific characters are characters from their own series, and it's only like 4 characters out of 80 who get that pleasure. Where's **** like I don't know, the Belmonts saying "Cursed witch!" to Bayonetta? Where's characters like Ridley or Ganondorf being visibly confused by how characters like Kirby even exist? Where's Sonic making quips to Mario? Crossovers are at their greatest when characters who'd never interact with each other suddenly do interact. There's Ghost Rider telling Pheonix Wright that hell has a special place for lawyers, there's Captain America and Zero greatly disliking each other due to their idealogies and some surprisingly cleved WWII trivia, there's Ruby geeking out about Gordeau's massive scythe, Smash has NONE of this and it's a damn shame

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
i'd agree more if we hadn't received so few new stages to begin with in ultimate

as far as i see it, a new pokemon/fire emblem stage is still very much on the cards due to the lack of any current new ones
Ummmm. No. I’m sorry but.... that just doesn’t make sense. At this point, Fire Emblem and Pokémon would be anti-hype.
I was so hyped for that dlc. And they killed it. With zeus.

Rrrrr
I’d agree with you if Zeus weren’t literally the most fun character to play as in the game. He’s like, how we all wished Ganondorf played. He’s great.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So...

I heard some things....

I heard that some users were bullied off the site and when they left they were insulted behind their back.

I heard of rioting.

Unless some miracle happens. It will be permanent. I have the people I care about on discord and if I missed anyone, they'll be easy to find.
I also can't blame you for leaving, but nonetheless I'm going to be sad to see you go. You've always been someone great to talk to on here, and between events like the good old DD debates and your modship you've made some great memories for me here as well, so I'm going to miss having you here.

I have the old Social Discord link so I'll try to talk to you on there if I can, but until then take care Swamp.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Nothing enrages me more than “it’s a fighting game, it doesn’t need a story”.

Also... HOW. Spirits is.... like a total joke. It’s just a bunch of pngs and multicolored characters withmodifiers. That’s not characters and their personalities interacting and bouncing off each other. That’s not Kraid showing up on PNF-408 to wreck house. That’s basically nothing. A very substantial nothing. But nothing.

Also, all star’s interactions were rad. Don’t care what you say.
Fighting games are not about story. Even games with stories have really bad ones. They are about the fighters and mechanics. SSE was a really bas story. Fun. But bad.

And spirits is an inventive way of using assets to pretend to be more characters.

As for personalities, that sounds like bad fan fic potential. Time for ridley and samus to get over their differences

Wol is about the best a fighting game like smash could have.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Stage invasions would probably be a bit tricker to do in Smash when you consider the different types of stages and stage hazards, as well as the other companies you’d need to possibly get approval from, development time, etc.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So...

I heard some things....

I heard of rioting.

I miss all of this that cause you to think about if you should stay on this site, but I would just like to say I'd love to keep up to date with you. You're one of the people who have been kindest to me on this site when others always haven't been.

Hit me up.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I'd rather have a bad attempt than no attempt. Spirits is "You're using the power of this character!" which is cool yes but I want more **** like the codecs or the Guidances with guest characters, you have ALL these characters and the only ones who say anything specific to specific characters are characters from their own series, and it's only like 4 characters out of 80 who get that pleasure. Where's **** like I don't know, the Belmonts saying "Cursed witch!" to Bayonetta? Where's characters like Ridley or Ganondorf being visibly confused by how characters like Kirby even exist? Where's Sonic making quips to Mario? Crossovers are at their greatest when characters who'd never interact with each other suddenly do interact. There's Ghost Rider telling Pheonix Wright that hell has a special place for lawyers, there's Captain America and Zero greatly disliking each other due to their idealogies and some surprisingly cleved WWII trivia, there's Ruby geeking out about Gordeau's massive scythe, Smash has NONE of this and it's a damn shame
Unique openings would be fun, but would only work in 1v1

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The funny thing about Smash that I think a lot of us tend to forget is that it's a game first and a crossover second. It was originally designed as a unique gameplay concept and just had old IPs slapped on it to help it sell better. I could be wrong since I'm not a mind reader, but I think Sakurai still sees it that way - he recognizes that the IPs involved are important but is still chooses to prioritize game play above all else.

Not that I wouldn't mind for them to do more with the crossover elements, but I do see why Smash doesn't do much to go down that route.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Fighting games are not about story. Even games with stories have really bad ones. They are about the fighters and mechanics. SSE was a really bas story. Fun. But bad.

And spirits is an inventive way of using assets to pretend to be more characters.

As for personalities, that sounds like bad fan fic potential. Time for ridley and samus to get over their differences

Ok but characters in fighting games interacting with each other is a standard for every single one of these games EXCEPT Smash. I'm not asking for a story, I'm asking for fun little dialogue exchanges that literally every other fighting game has

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, there is going to be a Nintnedo Direct about Pokemon, and a Smash Bros. update? Huh, that's interesting...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Umm.... have you PLAYED and if NRS’s fighting games? Or Tekken 7? Like, your just wrong.

As for bad fan fic potential.... do you think they’ed Actually hire fanfic writers? If you get the right writers, it could be amazing. Especially if it doesn’t take itself remotely seriously.

World of Light is not the best a story for Smash could be. World of Light is a soul-less slog with no actual plot and no fun interactions.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Ok but characters in fighting games interacting with each other is a standard for every single one of these games EXCEPT Smash. I'm not asking for a story, I'm asking for fun little dialogue exchanges that literally every other fighting game has
Not really. Most of the games had it implied in manuels or people projecting. Only ones that come to mind were capcom fighters with unique openings for character combinations.

Umm.... have you PLAYED and if NRS’s fighting games? Or Tekken 7? Like, your just wrong.

As for bad fan fic potential.... do you think they’ed Actually hire fanfic writers? If you get the right writers, it could be amazing. Especially if it doesn’t take itself remotely seriously.

World of Light is not the best a story for Smash could be. World of Light is a soul-less slog with no actual plot and no fun interactions.
Nrs games are really bad fan fictions stories. And tekken is not much better. Tekken also never took itself seriously. And the ending, which smash never has had, were really the only time characters interacted in older tekken.

Wol has soul. I really enjoyed it. And the spirits concept is actually a really good idea.

But since this is a social thread, people should come up with unique character pairing openings.

Like pit being afraid of bayo before getting into idle stance.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's also hard to make every character have dialogue interactions when a lot of them don't talk.

:ultpikachu:"Pika Pika!"
:ultkirby: "Poyo!"
:ultduckhunt:"Bark!"
:ultpiranha: *Angry Plant Noises*

What a riveting and insightful conversation, I really learned a lot about these characters from this.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Without a doubt. This is my Star Wars :bee:
Same here. Been so since I was a kid and will always continue to be.

My favorite Godzilla incarnation is this one and favorite villain is SpaceGodzilla with my favorite movie being the 1954 film which I watched yesterday as part of my Godzilla Marathon to get ready for the new film on Thursday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom