• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Right. I know that. I’m studying film, let’s not forget. But I feel like the storytelling in DMCV was “don’t show, don’t tell, read the characters minds”.
Again, Nero seeing Vergil for the first time. Despite how he's very foulmouthed and rude in general, he was VERY nice and hospitable to some stranger who barged into his garage. Another moment is when Dante fights Vergil, as during that fight Dante explicitly mentions that Nero is Vergil's kid. The pause between Vergil's lines imply he's incredibly shocked and is conflicted, but he's too stubborn to admit his flaws and acts like he knew and doesn't care. After the fight, Vergil asks Dante if Nero is indeed his son and when Vergil and Neo fight, Vergil stops acting like his usual self and when Nero snaps at both of them for leaving him out on this major detail, Vergil sounds sad, defeated, conflicted about all this. No one-liners, no insults, all he can muster is a soft whisper saying "Nero..." Every interaction with Nero afterwards has Vergil awkwardly show respect to Nero, as if to try and redeem himself for everything

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A number of things I want to see in a potential sequel
-A bigger roster that has some more recognizable faces as well as bring back a few dead or obscure ones
-more streamlined combat system that is less all over the place and make sense with the directions needed to perform them, making the attacks easier to learn multiple characters and lowering the barrier of entry for new players.
-allow for more options to kill opponents other than Supers (thus making the rival fights much less of a drag)
-more varied stage layouts (invasions can stay)

I’m sure there’s a few more but these were the big changes I had in mind
Ape Escape-Spike
Battle Arena Toshinde-Eiji Shinjo
BioShock-Big Daddy, Elizabeth
Bloodborne-The Hunter

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night-Alucard
Crash Bandicoot-Crash Bandicoot, Coco Bandicoot, Dr. Neo Cortex
Dead Space-Isaac Clarke
Devil May Cry V-Dante
Doko Demo Issyo-Toro Inoue
Fat Princess-Fat Princess
Gex-Gex
God of War-Kratos, Zeus
Gravity Rush-Kat
Heavenly Sword-Nariko
Horizon Zero Dawn-Aloy
Infamous-Cole MacGrath, Delsin Rowe
Jak and Daxter-Jak and Daxter
Jumping Flash-Robbit
Killzone-Colonel Radec
Knack-Knack
The Last of Us-Ellie

LittleBigPlanet-Sackboy
MediEvil-Sir Daniel Fortesque
Metal Gear-Raiden
Nioh-William
Oddworld-Abe
PaRappa the Rapper-Parappa
Ratchet & Clank-Ratchet & Clank, Captain Quark
Rayman-Rayman
Resident Evil-Jill Valentine

Roscoe McQueen Firefighter Extreme-Roscoe McQueen
Sly Cooper-Sly Cooper, Murphy, Bentley
Spyro the Dragon-Spyro
Syphon Filter-Gabriel Logan

Starhawk-Emmett Graves
Tearaway-Iota/Atoi
Tekken-Heihachi Mishima
Tomb Raider-Lara Croft
Twisted Metal-Sweet Tooth
Um Jammer Lammy-Lammy
Uncharted-Nathan Drake

Wild Arms-Rudy Roughnight
One question, which Lara Croft? Classic Lara or Modern Lara?

D

Deleted member

Once E3 goes on for 30 years, they're gonna have a new conference

F7

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Right. I know that. I’m studying film, let’s not forget. But I feel like the storytelling in DMCV was “don’t show, don’t tell, read the characters minds”.
You say that like reading their minds wouldn't be a trip.

tumblr_inline_pek84tR3Fp1tynx5s_1280.gif

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
With the 3.1 patch coming in the next week, I wonder if dataminers are going to find anything new.

I doubt it, mainly because they’d probably only update it if there was a character coming that would be released at E3. In that case, my guess would be Erdrick, which wouldn’t really be too new.

Really, i’m just hyped to see if there’s a second reveal, and who it will be. I won’t really even care if it’s a surprise. I just hope it’s a worthwhile one.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Is PSASBR worth getting? I've seen it being sold for $9, but I haven't gotten around to playing games like Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, or God of War yet (my PS3 has mostly been for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Kingdom Hearts, and Persona 5, though I do have those games in some form), so I'm only really familiar with Raiden and Heihachi out of the roster.

The whole "can only KO through super moves" mechanic makes the game less appealing for me (it seems like it would make ordinary attacks completely pointless, unlike ordinary fighting games or Smash), but I haven't played it so I don't know if it's more fun in practice.
It is very fun. Just dont take it seriously. I loved it.

They’d probably go modern considering Square though going Classic might distinguish her more from characters like Ellie or Aloy in terms of moveset
Mixed design. Like they usually do.

D

Deleted member

Oh, I wish I could do something like this. Or I could fool around and do the Great Deku Tree.
Any of those would be cool, or Tai Tai Heights from Link's Awakening (I haven't played the original LA yet, but I found out from it through Johnny Atma's remix of it. And Johnny's remixes are the best btw).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

I heard some things....

I heard some staff did some stupid things.

I heard one user in particular was disgusting.

I heard that some users were bullied off the site and when they left they were insulted behind their back.

I heard of rioting.

I heard about people I thought were cool turned to ****ters.

I came back just to say my life has been astronomically better since I left.

Unless some miracle happens. It will be permanent. I have the people I care about on discord and if I missed anyone, they'll be easy to find.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So...

I heard some things....

I heard that some users were bullied off the site and when they left they were insulted behind their back.

I heard of rioting.

Unless some miracle happens. It will be permanent. I have the people I care about on discord and if I missed anyone, they'll be easy to find.

Good riddance to all of you.
Well, huh.

Can I have atleast your discord if I am not on your, "good riddance" list?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So...

I heard some things....

I heard of rioting.

I heard about the bullying to. From what i hear, i see some of those accounts still posting . the bullies i mean.

How do you figure they could mix it?
I think they will use the a legends style design for the head, the age/body of the new one and the original outfit from the original lara.

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I heard about the bullying to. From what i hear, i see some of those accounts still posting the bullies.

I think they will use the a legends style design for the head, the age/body of the new one and the original outfit from the original lara.
If you're seeing Bullying, report it. It's how we know to instantly take care of it, if it's legit.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
If you're seeing Bullying, report it. It's how we know to instantly take care of it, if it's legit.
I will. I do not have all the facts of what happened, but the stories i heard flagged accounts as responsible parties. True or not, no idea. Hopefully they are just stories.

As for lara, i would like to see her. You know how hard it was to convince people i the 90s that it was ok for a guy to play a female lead character. So glad that phase in gaming is over.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
What about potential moveset?
So. I mainly think in b moves. A moves are usually just punches and kicks.

I think gun or cross bow would be her b move.
Maybe have a wolf lunge out be her side b.
The flip move zero suit samus has could be her down b.
And up b could be a grapple gun.

Final smash could be a t rex.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I will. I do not have all the facts of what happened, but the stories i heard flagged accounts as responsible parties. True or not, no idea. Hopefully they are just stories.

As for lara, i would like to see her. You know how hard it was to convince people i the 90s that it was ok for a guy to play a female lead character. So glad that phase in gaming is over.
Yeah we took out most of the ones who were the source of issues, if not all of them. So any reports of any visible **** people would help us get to them sooner, if they are even around. Thanks!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So...

I heard some things....

I heard of rioting.

Swamp.

I know the **** that went down is absolutely horrible and inexcusable, but you don't need to be spiteful to the community as a whole like that.

It's not like every last person on the site is at fault for what happened. This was a very serious and sensitive situation. Lots of people handled things badly and hastily in the heat of the situation. Plenty of actions ended up unjust. Plenty of terrible words were exchanged. But we've done all we can and are now trying to walk away from it.

Stay away from the site for good if you want (I can hardly blame you. A lot of other people left as well, for very good reason) but at least leave with a better outlook and attitude than this.

If you don't, well, in any case, I would completely understand and respect your decision. I might use Steam, but I don't use Discord. So I'll miss seeing you around here, bud.

I'm sorry everything came down to this, Swamp...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Swamp.

I know the **** that went down is absolutely horrible and inexcusable, but you don't need to be spiteful to the community as a whole like that.

It's not like every last person on the site is at fault for what happened. This was a very serious and sensitive situation. Lots of people handled things badly and hastily in the heat of the situation. Plenty of actions ended up unjust. Plenty of terrible words were exchanged. But we've done all we can and are now trying to walk away from it.

Stay away from the site for good if you want (I can hardly blame you. A lot of other people left as well, for very good reason) but at least leave with a better outlook and attitude than this.

If you don't, well, in any case, I would completely understand and respect your decision. I might use Steam, but I don't use Discord. So I'll miss seeing you around here, bud.

I'm sorry everything came down to this, Swamp...
Well.... I'll apologize for that last bit.

I was pretty mad when I found out everything that happened.

I'm still leaving King, but I'll edit out the inflammatory part.

That aside, we'll still talk on steam bud.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Yeah we took out most of the ones who were the source of issues, if not all of them. So any reports of any visible **** people would help us get to them sooner, if they are even around. Thanks!
Cool. I see one account posting that people were not happy with. Will not make names, but i am watching for any vigilantism to report.

The event sounded like politics. Left vs right. With the right being stubborn and spouting taling points, and the left trying to shame them like the left always does.

Still, smash is not about politics. It is supposed to be about my ridley killing all yall in battles
Whohahahhaha

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I think this was overblown personally

Glad this was dealt with

I heard of rioting.
Yeah, not the site's greatest hour

... I missed this. What happened? Can anyone PM me?

Can't blame you for leaving, but KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms is right, you don't have to come back to yell at everyone, most of whom had nothing to do with this.
EDIT: Nevermind, you've already addressed this

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
****! ****! ****! ****! Just three days away until Godzilla 2! I don't know what to ******* do!? I'm out of control!!!!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]27 million degrees Fahrenheit take. PSASBR is a better crossover than Smash. It doesn’t just stick elements from all its franchises together. It actually has them interact. [/COLOR]
Honestly yeah. Stage Morphing is cool but it'll never be as cool as "Look at the cutesy Loco Roco orbs having fun minding their own busine-ROARRRRR HERE'S A ****ING METAL GEAR THAT CAME OUT OF ****ING NOWHERE"

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Honestly yeah. Stage Morphing is cool but it'll never be as cool as "Look at the cutesy Loco Roco orbs having fun minding their own busine-ROARRRRR HERE'S A ****ING METAL GEAR THAT CAME OUT OF ****ING NOWHERE"
the locoroco stage is another reason PSASBR should've had a little more time in the oven

not because it's a bad stage, but because three months later they could have used rules of nature

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I hate that people keep comparing smash to psasbr. I know everyone has to, but people can enjoy both.

Why does everyone expect people to pick o ly one.

Kat, sly, sweat tooth and sir dan were super fun. And snk even used the super kill system.

I think a sequel could really improve on the formula. And no comparing to ultimate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

27 million degrees Fahrenheit take. PSASBR is a better crossover than Smash. It doesn’t just stick elements from all its franchises together. It actually has them interact.
This post emits intelligence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom