• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I mean the bigger issue is that people are reporting massive frame dips constantly.

Afaik let's go p/e didn't have this kinda issue and yet we're suddenly back to the XY-USUM era of terrible optimization.
Frame dips is an issue. If it was a stable 30 fps I can live with it.

The thing that really gets me is that apparently there's no GTS.

D

Deleted member

Oh woe is me, 30 fps. How unthinkable.
My point is that locking the fps that low pretty much ensures the game will run like ****.

It isn't a problem for low-end/2d games that aren't that intensive(Undertale and Deltarune, for example) but FPS locking for 3d games pretty much just outright kills any gameplay into frame-by-frame lagging.
This is especially a problem for Pokemon, when you consider all the loading and unloading will eat up most of that rendering.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
one thing I can happily take away from the entire SwSh controversy, is that gen 6 will likely no longer be considered the most hated Pokemon generation

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
My point is that locking the fps that low pretty much ensures the game will run like ****.

It isn't a problem for low-end/2d games that aren't that intensive(Undertale and Deltarune, for example) but FPS locking for 3d games pretty much just outright kills any gameplay into frame-by-frame lagging.
Like how it killed CTR Nitro Fueled? The amount of complaining that game got for being 30 fps only for it to come out and be perfectly fine was moronic.

D

Deleted member

Like how it killed CTR Nitro Fueled? The amount of complaining that game got for being 30 fps only for it to come out and be perfectly fine was moronic.
Not feeling up for debating atm, but as far as I'm aware, that's more an exception.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
30 FPS for a major release on a (relatively) modern console is absolutely disappointing, but Pokemon is an RPG, so frames aren’t too big a deal. Certainly a negative, but not game-ruining. Frame-dips though? That’s pretty unacceptable.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
30fps only kills your game if it's a super fast paced hack n slash/musou, shooter or a fighting game.

60 is ideal but I'll take a stable 30 over an uneven 60.
But Pokemon can't get a stable 30.

D

Deleted member

This is especially a problem for Pokemon, when you consider all the loading and unloading will eat up most of that rendering.
There are so many amazing games that are 30fps locked, it's a non-issue. I prefer 60 and above when possible but I can easily look past 30 if a game is good.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I always found it odd that having a barren postgame is acceptable for most series but is a huge crime when Pokemon does it.

I guess that its because the Battle Frontier set such a high bar, but still.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The last thing I'll say about this is that I think everyone who's willing to give it a shot should play SwSh and develop their own opinions on the games. Ignore the internet.

People are getting WAAAY too passionate and emotional about this, and it's easy to get caught up in the drama of things and make a huge deal of something that you probably wouldn't have cared about to begin with.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
It felt like half of my school wished me a happy birthday this time, closer to no one last year. That felt somewhat assuring for me, I never received so much attention in a day.

Anyway, I'll definitely consider buying Pokemon Sw/Sh as early as possible when it releases. The wait for the game has been way more dramatic than it needed to be overall, and I won't get involved in that.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The last thing I'll say about this is that I think everyone who's willing to give it a shot should play SwSh and develop their own opinions on the games. Ignore the internet.

People are getting WAAAY too passionate and emotional about this, and it's easy to get caught up in the drama of things and make a huge deal of something that you probably wouldn't have cared about to begin with.
I'm already on it.

D

Deleted member

Personally, I'm not picking it up unless my mom gets it as a present for some reason
I wasn't that bothered by Dexit(did bug me a bit), but it's become clear via leaked footage that this game is super badly optimized.
So, hard-pass for me.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So on a note completely unrelated to the current discussion, Netflix's Green Eggs and Ham is a weirdly good show.

I watched the first several episodes and I recommend it for anyone who wants a fun and creative show with great animation and a good sense of humor.

D

Deleted member

People either love SwSh faithfully and dont care about the "bad news" or are immensely concerned.
Honestly, I'm somewhat in the middle.

Like, I don't really mind Dexit, but I'm super skeptical whether or not this game is even worth it for me at this point.

D

Deleted member

Just passing by to leave some nice Scorbunny fan art for y'all, if you do not mind.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Well, then...I hope you enjoyed. Wishing Sword/Shield a successful life.

Sayonara :shyguy:

Shroob

Sup?
I always found it odd that having a barren postgame is acceptable for most series but is a huge crime when Pokemon does it.

I guess that its because the Battle Frontier set such a high bar, but still.
For me at least:

They're making competitive battling legions easier, which is a great thing, but half of that issue now means there's less to do.

As soon as you get the correct Egg moves, all you really need now are proper IVs and you're set since Mints basically mean you never have to worry about Natures again.

And that's where the cracks shine in. Once you make breeding take less time, you realize there's nothing left to do aside from playing on Wifi.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Wishing Sword/Shield a successful life.
I'm just waiting for the inevitable Super Sword and Super Shield games that will come out 1 year after SwSh's initial release.

I'm still salty over USUM's existence retconning the reason for me to even have the original S/M. Seeing how USUM had exclusive mons and a slightly bigger dex just felt insulting, to say the least. It wasn't even a sequel like B2W2, it was just a reboot of a game that was only out for a year at the time.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Well, I'm canceling my pre-order for Swoshi after hearing about the abundance of issues. I simply can't support the poor optimization and baffling design choices.

This will at least give me some time to start another run in Three Houses, so that's cool.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
For me at least:

They're making competitive battling legions easier, which is a great thing, but half of that issue now means there's less to do.

As soon as you get the correct Egg moves, all you really need now are proper IVs and you're set since Mints basically mean you never have to worry about Natures again.

And that's where the cracks shine in. Once you make breeding take less time, you realize there's nothing left to do aside from playing on Wifi.
They probably want you to do raids for the TRs and Gigamax Pokemon
But that'll wear thin eventually too.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Shame about swsh. I can't buy it yet anyway though. I'd say maybe I should just wait til the price goes down, but it's a nintendo game so i'm not counting on that any time soon.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean, I am frustrated by certain Pokémon things. But the internet, for example Twitter, does a good job at making things like this seem like a “Us vs. them”, “Do or die” situation.

I literally saw somebody tell an Overwatch fan, “I mean, as long as you’re ok with supporting a fascist regime then ok”. It’s extremist, it’s not nearly accurate to the people themselves, and it just makes people look silly.

I am a Pokémon fan. There are things that excite me in Sword & Shield that I cannot experience in Sun & Moon, one being the Wild Area. I have preordered Pokémon Sword, because I like some of the new Pokémon, I was excited by Galar as a region since the initial reveal, and I’m always happy to play a new Pokémon.

I’m not happy with the lack of Pokémon, the supposed lack of post-game, and apparent lack of online trading. Those are things that absolutely should be fleshed out, and I actually agree with the criticism. If that Reddit post we read yesterday is any indication, then it is clear that Game Freak needs to step it up or they risk alienating a large part of the fan base.

Alternatively, the “loud” part of the fan base causes existential negativity around the game, which I find frankly obnoxious. It’s a video game. Things don’t need to get personal. Your typical Pokémon game has seemingly always capped out at 20ish hours, and post-game, for me, entailed grinding up to Level 100 with starters, legends, breeding for nature and HAs...that stuff won’t change.

For whatever reason, people love to be overly negative, and become more negative if people think differently/positively. That depends entirely upon the situation, but people get swept up in it and really don’t understand the implications that type of negativity has.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, I am frustrated by certain Pokémon things. But the internet, for example Twitter, does a good job at making things like this seem like a “Us vs. them”, “Do or die” situation.

I literally saw somebody tell an Overwatch fan, “I mean, as long as you’re ok with supporting a fascist regime then ok”. It’s extremist, it’s not nearly accurate to the people themselves, and it just makes people look silly.

I am a Pokémon fan. There are things that excite me in Sword & Shield that I cannot experience in Sun & Moon, one being the Wild Area. I have preordered Pokémon Sword, because I like some of the new Pokémon, I was excited by Galar as a region since the initial reveal, and I’m always happy to play a new Pokémon.

I’m not happy with the lack of Pokémon, the supposed lack of post-game, and apparent lack of online trading. Those are things that absolutely should be fleshed out, and I actually agree with the criticism. If that Reddit post we read yesterday is any indication, then it is clear that Game Freak needs to step it up or they risk alienating a large part of the fan base.

Alternatively, the “loud” part of the fan base causes existential negativity around the game, which I find frankly obnoxious. It’s a video game. Your typical Pokémon game has seemingly always capped out at 20ish hours, and post-game, for me, entailed grinding up to Level 100 with starters, legends, breeding for nature and HAs...that stuff won’t change.

For whatever reason, people love to be overly negative, and become more negative if people think differently/positively. That depends entirely upon the situation, but people get swept up in it and really don’t understand the implications that type of negativity has.
It's 2019, Pokemon, the highest grossing multi billion dollar franchise in the world, should not have performance issues while Witcher3 is fine.

That's not even to say things about things like pop in, animations freezing when doing certain things on the overworld, or terribad animations.

Dexit is the least of the concerns when you can reliably get the game to chug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom