• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Geez, I see everyone being half-salty and half-hyped over Pokemon. If the game didn't sell well, that's the fault of the devs for trying to cut most of the Pokemon.
The worst selling mainseries Pokemon game did 8 million, the game will still sell like hotcakes regardless of any and all controversies because Pokemon is a ****ing juggernaut of a franchise

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh, hey. I finally hit the good age today. Seems like my day went way better than I expected, and I don't get to say that too often.

But I also want to pay respects to Stan Lee, given he passed away on this same day last year. It messed me up for a while when I first found out, but I had to move on eventually.

Shroob

Sup?
Geez, I see everyone being half-salty and half-hyped over Pokemon. If the game didn't sell well, that's the fault of the devs for trying to cut most of the Pokemon.
At this point, Dexit is the LEAST of the concerns.

The lack of polish and just terrible animations or quality is shining like a spotlight.

Michael Jackson wolves are a ****ing embarrassment.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The worst selling mainseries Pokemon game did 8 million, the game will still sell like hotcakes regardless of any and all controversies because Pokemon is a ****ing juggernaut of a franchise
Maybe but less money is still enough cause for shareholders to publicly execute development studios. Look at EA's victims.

BTW, is it just me or have AI become more shield happy in this latest patch. They all seem sot be shielding by default but them do nothing when pressured so I can just grab them.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Maybe but less money is still enough cause for shareholders to publicly execute development studios. Look at EA's victims.

BTW, is it just me or have AI become more shield happy in this latest patch. They all seem sot be shielding by default but them do nothing when pressured so I can just grab them.
Which is exactly why Pokemon games have no budget, makes TPC go "We earned this much money which is 592926492 times higher than the budget!" and SwoShi will still sell like 14 million regardless

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just trying to wrap my head around how Skyrim or Witcher3 can have a stable fps while Pokemon constantly dips around the 20 to 15 range according to early players.

Like, I know Gamefreaks never been good at optimizing the games as soon as they started to be 3d but, bruh.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
8 million is still a fairly steep drop from what Pokemon games typically sell.
They'll do well as just a game but as a Pokemon game... maybe it'll drop enough to get the message across. But I doubt that.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The only real issue I have with Pokemon Sword and Shield is the lack of damage control, but only time will tell if they decide to make any actual fixes to the game.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Well, since this thread is STILL discussing all the reasons why SwSh is the worst thing of 2019 since I was last on two hours ago, might as well share another track from the game I really enjoyed.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well, since this thread is STILL discussing all the reasons why SwSh is the worst thing of 2019 since I was last on two hours ago, might as well share another track from the game I really enjoyed.

-snip-
I have several issues with the game. The OST is not one of them. The OST slaps.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

no-one:
this track:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I wonder how some of the other Sonic cast would look with the redesigned style?

I actually had a couple ideas for some actors/actresses I think could voice them a few months back, I think what I had in mind was

Tails: Bex Taylor-Klaus
Amy: Jenny Slate
Knuckles: Joe Manganiello
Shadow: Stephen Amell

What do you guys think?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So we have the full plot synopsis and confirmed appearances and actors of other characters:
“SCOOB!” reveals how lifelong friends Scooby and Shaggy first met and how they joined with young detectives Fred, Velma and Daphne to form the famous Mystery Inc. Now, with hundreds of cases solved and adventures shared, Scooby and the gang face their biggest, most challenging mystery ever: a plot to unleash the ghost dog Cerberus upon the world. As they race to stop this global “dogpocalypse,” the gang discovers that Scooby has a secret legacy and an epic destiny greater than anyone imagined. Starring in “SCOOB!” are Kiersey Clemons (“Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising,” TV’s “Angie Tribeca”) as Dee Dee; Zac Efron (“The Greatest Showman,” the “Neighbors” franchise) as Fred; Will Forte (“Booksmart,” TV’s “The Last Man on Earth”) as Scooby-Doo’s best friend, Shaggy; Jason Isaacs (the “Harry Potter” films, TV’s “The OA”) as the infamous **** Dastardly; Ken Jeong (“Crazy Rich Asians,” “The Hangover” trilogy) as Dynomutt; Tracy Morgan (“What Men Want,” TV’s “30 Rock”) as Captain Caveman; Gina Rodriguez (“Deepwater Horizon,” TV’s “Jane the Virgin”) as Velma; Amanda Seyfried (the “Mamma Mia!” films, “Ted 2”) as Daphne; two-time Oscar nominee Mark Wahlberg (“The Fighter,” “The Departed”) as Blue Falcon; and Frank Welker (the “Transformers” franchise) as Scooby-Doo. “SCOOB!” is directed by Tony Cervone, Annie Award nominee for the feature “Space Jam” and two-time Emmy nominee for his work on “Duck Dodgers.” Set for a May 15, 2020 release, the film will be distributed by Warner Bros.

Sounds pretty hype

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So we have the full plot synopsis and confirmed appearances and actors of other characters:
[COLOR=rgba(17, 17, 17, 0.6)]“SCOOB!” reveals how lifelong friends Scooby and Shaggy first met and how they joined with young detectives Fred, Velma and Daphne to form the famous Mystery Inc. Now, with hundreds of cases solved and adventures shared, Scooby and the gang face their biggest, most challenging mystery ever: a plot to unleash the ghost dog Cerberus upon the world. As they race to stop this global “dogpocalypse,” the gang discovers that Scooby has a secret legacy and an epic destiny greater than anyone imagined. Starring in “SCOOB!” are Kiersey Clemons (“Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising,” TV’s “Angie Tribeca”) as Dee Dee; Zac Efron (“The Greatest Showman,” the “Neighbors” franchise) as Fred; Will Forte (“Booksmart,” TV’s “The Last Man on Earth”) as Scooby-Doo’s best friend, Shaggy; Jason Isaacs (the “Harry Potter” films, TV’s “The OA”) as the infamous **** Dastardly; Ken Jeong (“Crazy Rich Asians,” “The Hangover” trilogy) as Dynomutt; Tracy Morgan (“What Men Want,” TV’s “30 Rock”) as Captain Caveman; Gina Rodriguez (“Deepwater Horizon,” TV’s “Jane the Virgin”) as Velma; Amanda Seyfried (the “Mamma Mia!” films, “Ted 2”) as Daphne; two-time Oscar nominee Mark Wahlberg (“The Fighter,” “The Departed”) as Blue Falcon; and Frank Welker (the “Transformers” franchise) as Scooby-Doo. “SCOOB!” is directed by Tony Cervone, Annie Award nominee for the feature “Space Jam” and two-time Emmy nominee for his work on “Duck Dodgers.” Set for a May 15, 2020 release, the film will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.
[/COLOR]

Sounds pretty hype
Broken codes, raggy.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Let GameFreak just design the Pokémon, the only thing they’re really good at, while working on their own projects. Then outsource the actual development to someone that knows basic programming.

I still wanna see a Square Enix developed Pokémon.
A Square Enix developed Pokémon. would be amazing

Two movies for the price of one? Sure! I got to see the old design in action to see what we missed on not really.
Yuji Naka: "I gotta see the ****"

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Apparently volume controls, basic things you should be able to find in the Options menu, are locked behind a new, optional item:
https://www.gamerevolution.com/news...d-shield-volume-controls-hi-tech-earbuds-item

I think I'm ready to believe that, while I'm still sure I'll enjoy this generation, Game Freak has a crapton of development problems and it's not just because of The Pokémon Company rushing them.

D

Deleted member

You can like the game all you want, doesn't change the fact that, more likely than not, it's going to be subpar.

The game appears to be fps locked at 30(not sure atm, could just be the terrible optimization making sure it never goes above 30). 30!
fps locking has been the death of many games, this probably being one of em(rip One Piece Burning Blood, you were garbage)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?

The worst thing of 2019?

Hardly.

Pokemon didnt put corporate greed over human rights like a certain other company.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Apparently volume controls, basic things you should be able to find in the Options menu, are locked behind a new, optional item:
https://www.gamerevolution.com/news...d-shield-volume-controls-hi-tech-earbuds-item

I think I'm ready to believe that, while I'm still sure I'll enjoy this generation, Game Freak has a crapton of development problems and it's not just because of The Pokémon Company rushing them.
Game freak is known for being incompetent developers.

D

Deleted member

You are super slow on this, we literally discussed this over the last page yonder..

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You can like the game all you want, doesn't change the fact that, more likely than not, it's going to be subpar.

The game appears to be fps locked at 30(not sure atm, could just be the terrible optimization making sure it never goes above 30). 30!
Oh woe is me, 30 fps. How unthinkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom