• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If you are disappointed in the product, just try and find other games worthy of your time to talk about and play. And why would that be “depressing?”

I’ve witnessed many of my favorite franchises go down in flames. And when that happens, I just find something else to play that is worthy of my time. This is a vast industry you know, it doesn’t revolve around just Pokemon.
Because half a year of mindless screaming from both sides, with nobody learning anything from the whole ordeal, gets hella annoying, really fast, and then it just gets sad when it keeps going on and on and on. And keep in mind, I was hyped for this product, so every trailer being met with everyone screeching like banshees whether it's good or not just tires you after a while.

Just ask fans of the new Star Wars films. I guarantee you that they get sick of all the negativity that surrounds that. Same ordeal here with me.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I honest to god just hope the backlash means something in the end. I love Pokemon. It's a franchise I stuck with since the first generation, and seeing it's current state makes me sad. I hope TPC stops releasing Pokemon games annually and gives time for development. As for Game Freak.... I just hope they get their **** together.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I think I'll come back later. Right now this thread is just a place to vent and take shots at Game Freak/SwSh, and we've gotten plenty of that over the past five months.
Sorry to say, but this is the most controversial title of the biggest franchise of all time.

Its going to be like that on the entire internet for the next few months.

D

Deleted member

Because half a year of mindless screaming from both sides, with nobody learning anything from the whole ordeal, gets hella annoying, really fast, and then it just gets sad when it keeps going on and on and on. And keep in mind, I was hyped for this product, so every trailer being met with everyone screeching like banshees whether it's good or not just tires you after a while.

Just ask fans of the new Star Wars films. I guarantee you that they get sick of all the negativity that surrounds that. Same ordeal here with me.
Same ordeal with me as someone who liked Captain Marvel and Yooka Laylee 1.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
One of the deleted endgame scenes is out. It’s a big spoiler for the end of the movie so I’ll spoiler it. It’s pretty nice though.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm honestly shocked no one at Pokemon has started claiming their fans are toxic man babies or whatever is the word of the day is in pop culture

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I read up on all the issues pertaining to SwSh.

Jesus. I feel like I'm watching MvC:I in motion again. It's probably too late to delay this game too, shame. It seems clear to me this game needed more time. Hopefully GF learns from the reception to this and takes a page out of Nintendo's book to delay something when it clearly needs more work.

D

Deleted member

I'm honestly shocked no one at Pokemon has started claiming their fans are toxic man babies or whatever is the word of the in pop culture
i mean, there was that thing with James Turner liking a certain tweet making the rounds 1-2 days ago, but that's it from what i can tell.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I read up on all the issues pertaining to SwSh.

Jesus. I feel like I'm watching MvC:I in motion again. It's probably too late to delay this game too, shame. It seems clear to me this game needed more time. Hopefully GF learns from the reception to this and takes a page out of Nintendo's book to delay something when it clearly needs more work.
It can't be too late to delay SwoShi if it can never be delayed. TPC already planned the next few years of merch so Game Freak HAS to fullfil the deadlines

On the bright side, not getting SwoShi meant I tried out DQ11 for my craving for an RPG. This game at least looks polished despite being piss easy

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Someone posted it here yesterday, we spent like two pages discussing it. I don’t remember where the post is but here’s the screen cap:
There are a few holes that have already been poked in this such as the fact that we know Town had a small team and that the models are handled externally by Creatures Inc. Don't put any stock in this.

D

Deleted member

It can't be too late to delay SwoShi if it can never be delayed. TPC already planned the next few years of merch so Game Freak HAS to fullfil the deadlines

On the bright side, not getting SwoShi meant I tried out DQ11 for my craving for an RPG. This game at least looks polished despite being piss easy
Glad to hear you gave DQXI S a chance!

Trust me, the game gets even better the longer you progress on it!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Glad to hear you gave DQXI S a chance!

Trust me, the game gets even better the longer you progress on it!
Oh I've been enjoying it, it's just that when I got Jade and Rab they were level 25, a whole 7 levels lower than everyone else and the big ass spider boss which is apparantly super tough ended up not giving me any **** outside of full team attacks

Slime Master

Smash Ace

If it's too easy, play with some draconian quests.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, one thing I want GF to do is to make a non-Pokemon game. And this time, allow them to take their time and flesh out their ideas so it won't end up. beung shovelware on the market.

Granted they can't do that because Pokemon takes up to much resources as well as beung an annual thing, but I want them to at least... try.

D

Deleted member

I just wanna say how one of the new CTR characters is just a chicken with a crown. That's it, not a mutant or anything, but a literal chicken.

D

Deleted member

I just wanna say how one of the new CTR characters is just a chicken with a crown. That's it, not a mutant or anything, but a literal chicken.
Oh true, there’s a new CTR grand prix.

With all the stuff going on this month I forgot.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Bought Disney+.

Hot damn there's a lot of classics on here. Sadly there's a lacking amount of Fox properties on there at the moment. Honestly, the main reason I got it was for my nieces for the Disney and Pixar movies since I already own all the Star Wars and Marvel movies. Gonna watch The Mandalorian tonight and see how that is though.

Not a bad deal for a yearly subscription either. Disney knows what it's doing. Netflix has competition and seeing that The Runaways from Hulu is already on here is surprising to be honest. Won't be surprised that after the Nerflix contract expires we see Netflix's Marvel shows on there as well. Or maybe not, we'll see.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Also, one thing I want GF to do is to make a non-Pokemon game. And this time, allow them to take their time and flesh out their ideas so it won't end up. beung shovelware on the market.

Granted they can't do that because Pokemon takes up to much resources as well as beung an annual thing, but I want them to at least... try.
They tried it with Tempo, Harmoknight and Giga Wrecker so it doesn't exactly work

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Bought Disney+.

Hot damn there's a lot of classics on here. Sadly there's a lacking amount of Fox properties on there at the moment. Honestly, the main reason I got it was for my nieces for the Disney and Pixar movies since I already own all the Star Wars and Marvel movies. Gonna watch The Mandalorian tonight and see how that is though.

Not a bad deal for a yearly subscription either. Disney knows what it's doing. Netflix has competition and seeing that The Runaways from Hulu is already on here is surprising to be honest. Won't be surprised that after the Nerflix contract expires we see Netflix's Marvel shows on there as well. Or maybe not, we'll see.
This is where I would watch Disney +...

If I weren’t about to head to class!

D

Deleted member

Bought Disney+.

I will have to wait until March to get Disney+ as everyone else in Europe.

Hopefully Wandavision comes out by then.

D

Deleted member

I'm just going to wait for a rerelease or major update patches before picking SwSh up. Instead, I can focus on Resident Evil or something else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There are a few holes that have already been poked in this such as the fact that we know Town had a small team and that the models are handled externally by Creatures Inc. Don't put any stock in this.
Gamefreak has 143 employees.

that’s pretty damn small. If they split the team between the two games that’s an even smaller team for both games and would explain why a lot of people went to town not these games and why they would need extras. The modeling is a fair point but the guy could have just misinterpreted it based on what he knew. Regardless I really don’t see them leaving the dex out in future

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'm thinking that my $60 Pokemon tax cut will go to LM3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom