• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
At this point I'm not buying Pokemon SwSh not as a boycott, but because I'm simply not interested in the game as it is. The dex cut was one thing, the amount of other problems and removed content make me outright hate this game.

Pokemon deserves better than this.

D

Deleted member

I was going to say something, but forgot what that was after seeing that #ThankYouGameFreak video.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I think fans need to start accepting that no Nat Dex might be the norm for Pokemon games. Not saying it'll never return, but when they said the Nat Dex isn't returning for what felt like the ninth time, I'm sure they meant it.

I don't know what went down during the development for SwSh, but this all sounds like a crazy fan theory to explain why SwSh is so controversial and that we shouldn't worry because the next Gen will absolutely 100% address the problems that this Gen had.
Why should they have to accept the decision to remove the nat dex? Why do I need to worry about my favorites possibly not making it into the next game like this is the next installment of a fighting game?
The creatures themselves are what the franchise is ****ing named after and Sword and Shield have less than half of the total amount of them that exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Ok, now I remember what I was going to say!

I am tempted to claim that I’m interested about the high chances of Crowbcat’s video on Pokémon SwSh.

D

Deleted member

#ThankYouGameFreak
Oh god the game looks even worse than I thought.
And most of those could be easily fixed with a few lines of code!

How ****ing bad did development go to get to this point?

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean, yeah, I do think Nintendo is partly to blame. Without Sword and Shield, what else do they have to promote the Switch for the holiday season? Terry?

If anything, Animal Crossing fans should be thankful that SwSh is coming out in November, because otherwise, I could almost guarantee you the game wouldn't have gotten a delay.
No animal crossing wouldn’t have not been delayed. If you think they chose to delay one game just to rush out something in its place, then I don’t think you understand how game design works.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh, the Dex Cut was gonna happen eventually. After a while, it's gonna be a bit much and nearly impossible to manage. It just happened much sooner than we all thought it would.

My issues with SwSh stem from the technical aspect of it, it shows lots of ambition, but it just reeks of unpolishedness, which makes me believed that GF was rushed beyond belief. The game looks... fun, still, and I was interested in it for a while, but it's a technical disaster, but I still feel as if the magic is there, with things like a much more expansive world and the Wild Area and such. Skipping this one, but I do have hopes for whatever will come after, because by then, they should know how console game making works, and they hopefully carry the same ambiton that they had fir SwSh.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Why should they have to accept the decision to remove the nat dex? Why do I need to worry about my favorites possibly not making it into the next game like this is the next installment of a fighting game?
The creatures themselves are what the franchise is ****ing named after and Sword and Shield have less than half of the total amount of them that exist.
Never said you couldn't be unhappy with it, but I think fans are setting themselves up for a lot of disappointment if the Nat Dex is what they use to determine whether or not a Pokemon game is good. When Masuda said the Dex is never coming back, I think he was being dead serious. It'll only get harder and harder to accomplish with each Gen as more Pokemon are created.

Point it, I think no Nat Dex is here to stay. If it means that much to you, then I think now might be a good time to drop the series altogether, and I'm saying that as a genuine piece of advice, not as a petty jab.

No animal crossing wouldn’t have not been delayed. If you think they chose to delay one game just to rush out something in its place, then I don’t think you understand how game design works.
Nintendo has done it before. That's part of the reason why Mario Tennis Ultra Smash was so barebones.

If they have to push one game out sooner in order to compete in the holiday season, I wouldn't doubt that they would.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I still can’t believe that there is literally no music for the final boss.

That is on a whole new level of laziness.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I mean, yeah, I do think Nintendo is partly to blame. Without Sword and Shield, what else do they have to promote the Switch for the holiday season? Terry?

If anything, Animal Crossing fans should be thankful that SwSh is coming out in November, because otherwise, I could almost guarantee you the game wouldn't have gotten a delay.
nah, the animal crossing crew isnt the type to rush out their games

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, I just want the game to come out already, I'm sick of discussing SwSh, all the drama, the negativity kills the mood completely, and I just don't need that in my life. Just... months of arguing and negativity surrounding this game is just... depressing in a way.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I love almost all the new Pokémon designs outside of three clunkers in particular.
I love that the Gym Leaders are actual characters again, as well as how expressive they are.
I love some of the music.
I love some of the town and city designs.
I can't stress enough how much I love how the Mint system lets you change natures.

But my god everything else is either bad, unpolished, or in some cases outright unfinished. That's my problem with these games.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I love almost all the new Pokémon designs outside of three clunkers in particular.
I love that the Gym Leaders are actual characters again, as well as how expressive they are.
I love some of the music.
I love some of the town and city designs.
I can't stress how much I love how the Mint system lets you change natures.

But my god everything else is either bad, unpolished, or in some cases outright unfinished. That's my problem with these games.
Pretty accurate way to sum up everything. There’s even simple stuff like skipping tutorials.

which shows they did try in some places, but either they couldn’t achieve their goal or it was just left unattended to in other areas and pushed out just to release

MainJPW

M.T.A
This explains so much.
Yeah, his involvement was definitely leaked awhile back. In fact, that art is a modified version of his initial take on movie Sonic.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

We were staring at his redesign THE WHOLE TIME.

>Sakura Wars
>Puyo Puyo
>Shining Force
>Valkyria Chronicles
>Phanatasy Star
>Panzer Dragoon

Damn that's based
This movie is based now
That's definitely a SEGA move. Putting them on the big screen for the general public to see is a good step to getting your lesser-known franchises noticed a bit.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
GOD DAMN IT!

My A and B buttons are mixed up in my head because of Dark Souls, and now I can't ****ing play Overwatch without looking like an idiot.

D

Deleted member

Never said you couldn't be unhappy with it, but I think fans are setting themselves up for a lot of disappointment if the Nat Dex is what they use to determine whether or not a Pokemon game is good. When Masuda said the Dex is never coming back, I think he was being dead serious. It'll only get harder and harder to accomplish with each Gen as more Pokemon are created.

Point it, I think no Nat Dex is here to stay. If it means that much to you, then I think now might be a good time to drop the series altogether, and I'm saying that as a genuine piece of advice, not as a petty jab.
I don't want to give up the series because Pokemon is awesome and I grew up with it. I have tons of Pokemon that I've spent hundreds if not thousands of hours catching/breeding for, properly training and battling with, and I don't want to give that all up. I want better from Pokemon, and if the criticism is loud enough and reaches the right ears maybe something can change.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
It's pretty sad that Pokemon Colosseum, a spin-off game released in 2003 on the Gamecube, looks better than a mainline game on the Switch in 2019.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Anyway, I just want the game to come out already, I'm sick of discussing SwSh, all the drama, the negativity kills the mood completely, and I just don't need that in my life. Just... months of arguing and negativity surrounding this game is just... depressing in a way.
If you are disappointed in the product, just try and find other games worthy of your time to talk about and play. And why would that be “depressing?”

I’ve witnessed many of my favorite franchises go down in flames. And when that happens, I just find something else to play that is worthy of my time. This is a vast industry you know, it doesn’t revolve around just Pokemon.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
This is probably an unpopular opinion but I actually kinda hate the music for Sword and shield, it doesn't sound right to me.

D

Deleted member

My head’s kinda dizzy right now...

It has been a huge while since the last time my head hurted like this...

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
This is probably an unpopular opinion but I actually kinda hate the music for Sword and shield, it doesn't sound right to me.
there's approximately one track in SWSH's ost that slaps
the rest don't slap, they just sound slapped together

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Yeah, I think I'll come back later. Right now this thread is just a place to vent and take shots at Game Freak/SwSh, and we've gotten plenty of that over the past five months.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Are they purposefully attempting to piss off every person who might be interested in this game?
Whhhyyyy would they hide the audio options
They won't give you an option to turn off EXP Share, but they'll make sure to give you the option to not be able to adjust the volume settings. :p

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Its not even worth using Gamefly for this game. Too many issues and problems and I will not give this game any of my time at all.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Oh don't worry. It gets even worse.
View attachment 246344
Saw this earlier too and have tried to figure out the thought process behind it over the course of the day, but I'm just drawing a blank. Like, I don't actually care about it, it's such a minor thing, but it's also so nonsensical that I can't help but wonder lol. It has to be one of the weirdest design decisions of 2019.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom