• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
So my aunt recently moved out and we had to clean out the stuff she left behind. While cleaning I found a box of old video games (she doesn't even play video games). There's some real gems in there such as "open season 2" for the gba and "crossword puzzle" the the ds. I'm tempted to try some of these to see how awful they are.

D

Deleted member

Seems like that, in addition to Pokemon, even moves got cut, some of which were questionable at best:
  • Healing Order (but not her other two signature moves)
  • Bubble (keep in mind it's a straight up better version of Water Gun, so makes me wonder why they chose this one)
  • Heart Stamp (despite Woobat being in the game)
Now for the big ones:
  • Hidden Power
  • Pursuit
  • Return/Frustration
It's just baffling to me. Like sure, it kinda makes sense to remove signature moves of mons that aren't in the dex (though even then breeding non legenaries is a thing, but even competitive staples? And before someone tries to excuse it with "reducing clutter", they gave Grookey Branch Poke, a weak Grass attack when Leafage (just introduced last gen) or Vine Whip would've been sufficient and it also learns Razor Leaf as well.
Not even one week until release and there's still new stuff that's been removed coming to light. These games are really gonna be much more divisive than Gen 5 and it's interesting to see how it's gonna pan out.

Also the Japanese fans are absolutely livid because GF still hasn't formally addressed the Pokedex cut in that region, from what I could tell.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I just realized that every single Fighters Pass character has been complained nonstop by loud minority’s.

Joker for being obscure.

Hero for being obscure, as well as being busted, and “Anime”.

Terry for also being obscure for the casual Smash fanbase.

Only Banjo sort of doesn’t get this treatment, but then again, people complained how he isn’t Rushdown, and how they didn’t like that Banjo didn’t have a huge mechanic.

I think these people just sort of don’t play video games.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I just realized that every single Fighters Pass character has been complained nonstop by loud minority’s.

Joker for being obscure.

Only Banjo sort of doesn’t get this treatment, but then again, people complained how he isn’t Rushdown, and how they didn’t like that Banjo didn’t have a huge mechanic.

Here's the thing

There's no way you can please everyone. That's downright impossible.

There's always gonna be some naysayers regardless

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Joker for being obscure.

Slight correction, Joker was hated for being from a modern game

osby

Smash Obsessed

Joker for being obscure.

People are going to complain nonstop about any characters unless,
  1. They support said character since Melee
  2. ...
  3. ???
  4. Inkling???
Best not to pay them no mind.

D

Deleted member

I’m just gonna say it right now.

I got a feeling ryu h is leakbait.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Tira Fact #54 - I am giving up on my goal of 20+ likes to a single post. It is pretty obvious that I cannot please most of you here. The reason I said I would be on here less often is the fact that some of y'all can achieve 15+ likes in a single post seemingly effortlessly, which was bothering me lately.

If such results ever happen to me, good. But I should just stop caring and enjoy being on this wonderful message board. :shyguy:
It's not too difficult for a single post to amass 15+ likes if you're a prominent and generally likeable person. Not saying that you aren't likeable, mind you, but you do have pretty sporadic activity in this thread.

Just don't let the stress of trying to please people ruin your enjoyment when you are on here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For those who want a shiny starter in the game.

Don’t reset. They are shiny locked. You have to breed to get them

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

They buffed Silvally! Multi-Attack is now 120, even higher then Arceus' Judgement.

Speaking of Arceus, Zacian and Zamazenta's powered up forms share the same BST and Eternarus' Enternamax form is, well...

Example: HP.ATK.DEF.SPATK.SPDEF.SPD (BST)
Zacian: 92.170.115.80.115.148 (BST: 720)
Zamazenta: 92.130.145.80.145.128 (BST: 720)
Eternatus (regular): 140.85.95.145.95.130 (BST: 690)
Eternamax: 255.115.250.125.250.130 (BST: 1125)
Real quick, just wanted to point out that the OP 1125 BST form of Eternatus is the in-game boss. You can't actually use it in battle.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So you know how some of you wanted more female fighters in Smash?

This Pokémon has slumbered for many years. Some say it’s Zamazenta’s elder sister—others say the two Pokémon are rivals.

Zacian is a girl.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

On a slightly more personal positive note regarding SwSh:
Turns out there's a Pokemon with an ability called "Punk Rock", which might be one of the greatest ability name there is. Not to mention said Pokemon is even base on a punk rocker, with its Overdrive move.

Alright, I just want to point out that this is completely real, and quite possibly disturbing.
Edit: literally the worst time for the image uploader to **** up.
So another thing the old leak got right. I was wondering what happened to it since there hadn't been any mention of this.

Did they seriously not tell their home country this yet?
Apparently not, though I can't link it here for language reasons... and I don't mean the language barrier kind of thing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This looks pretty good:
The voices are a little weird. But otherwise it’s cool.

And, of course, Caddicarus hates it. But that’s expected. I can’t remember a single movie he’s praised in the last two years. He hates every movie.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So you know how some of you wanted more female fighters in Smash?

This Pokémon has slumbered for many years. Some say it’s Zamazenta’s elder sister—others say the two Pokémon are rivals.

Zacian is a girl.
*Insert nani image here because image bad*

And, of course, Caddicarus hates it. But that’s expected. I can’t remember a single movie he’s praised in the last two years. He hates every movie.
who the hell is this "Caddicarus"?

AHEM, eh... not really feeling the graphics thus far, but considering Detective Pikachu is my favorite movie of the year, that'll probably change.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
using it as a backup to switch my avatar whenever Smashboards images go down is like the only reason I even have a Gravatar account in the first place

trust me, this ain't the first time

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Not to pile on to Caddy, but I will never forget him being in borderline tears in his video about CTR: Nitro Fueled getting micro transactions.

Chill. All the content from the original CTR, along with all the Nitro Kart tracks, are right there, and you can’t even use wumpa coins to buy any of it.

Yes, it was scummy to intentionally not announce it until the game was already out for a month, but they’re pumping out a new track, at least three new character, new karts, and new costumes and animations every month, and need to fund it some how. And the rates aren’t that bad if you know how the multipliers work. I always get all of the Grand Prix’s characters within the night they come out, leaving me the entire rest of the month to get skins and karts I like.

But he was actually about to start crying, saying they ruined the game, when in reality, everything from the original game, and more, is right there when you buy the game, either available from the start or needing to be unlocked, not bought.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Thank you. Either way it was a nation that wasn't really known for it's Tekken players at first, but it getting more recognition now.
I wonder how a Tekken character would play in Smash? If they go Heihachi, he has less air game and general mobility than Little Mac. Kazuya and Jin give you devil powers to play with at least. So there’s that. It really depends on which one he goes with, and he could go with any of the three.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's pretty irritating to hear commentators talk about Terry when he's in a match.

Commentator 1: "What's that one side special of his called again?"

Terry: "BURN KNUCKLE, BURN KNUCKLE, BURN KNU-"

Commentator 2: "I don't know yet; I haven't had the chance to spend hours with him in the lab."

Terry: "RISING TACKLE!"

Commentator 1: "Oh, there goes Power Dunk."
There's not knowing fighting games, and then there's being deaf.

Tira Fact #54 - I am giving up on my goal of 20+ likes to a single post. It is pretty obvious that I cannot please most of you here. The reason I said I would be on here less often is the fact that some of y'all can achieve 15+ likes in a single post seemingly effortlessly, which was bothering me lately.

If such results ever happen to me, good. But I should just stop caring and enjoy being on this wonderful message board. :shyguy:
I wouldn't worry about that. You should post what you want to post and not what you think will make you popular. I **** post about stuff I like as it is. But I don't care if it has a ton of likes. If I did, I'd be posting the same stupid jokes like "Name....Win" or post cutesy fanart. Again do what you want.

Cool Tekken avi by the way.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not to pile on to Caddy, but I will never forget him being in borderline tears in his video about CTR: Nitro Fueled getting micro transactions.

Chill. All the content from the original CTR, along with all the Nitro Kart tracks, are right there, and you can’t even use wumpa coins to buy any of it.

Yes, it was scummy to intentionally not announce it until the game was already out for a month, but they’re pumping out a new track, at least three new character, new karts, and new costumes and animations every month, and need to fund it some how. And the rates aren’t that bad if you know how the multipliers work. I always get all of the Grand Prix’s characters within the night they come out, leaving me the entire rest of the month to get skins and karts I like.

But he was actually about to start crying, saying they ruined the game, when in reality, everything from the original game, and more, is right there when you buy the game, either available from the start or needing to be unlocked, not bought.
Same! Unlocking the characters and takes no time at all and if I was consistently playing and doing the challenges I’d probably fill the whole bar in like a week.

Caddy is a great content creator. Don’t get me wrong. But he can be really stubborn sometimes. And He’s not the only one with a problem with CTR’s micro transactions. SomecallmeJohnny’s video isn’t as emotional as Caddy’s but their stances on the micro transactions is basically identical and they both fail to grasp one thing.

Without the micro transactions, we wouldn’t be getting grand prixs. We might still get the content, but each one would probably be a $15-$20 dlc pack. Which I guarantee is much worse on your wallet than any micro transaction.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I do want to say I don’t like the voices in Scoob at all though. I think it looks nice, but I’m really tired of big budget animated movies feeling the need to toss in huge celebrity stars, not that they can’t do a good job, instead of proper voice actors with much more expertise.

From what I understand, most of the Scooby Doo cast has had the same voice actors for over a decade.
I don’t know about the girls, but I know Shaggy has had the same VA, Matthew Lillard, since 2010, with Matthew swapping in and out with two others for a few years before that as well.

Hell, Fred has had the SAME VOICE ACTOR, FRANK WELKER, SINCE HIS DEBUT IN THE 60’S! Now he gets booted in what will be the characters’ biggest role in quite some time, just so the studio can slap Zac Efron’s name on the poster.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Scooby-Doo has so many movies and shows that I'm becoming less and less interested in the franchise. That said, I do wanna watch more episodes of Scooby-Doo and Guess Who; I've only seen one so far.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So does Sakurai considering the reason we never got Heihachi
Hey. He’s had plenty of time to think about how a Tekken character would work. And I would argue that Heihachi is probably the least suited to Smash of the bunch and that Kazuya and Jin fit better thanks to crazy devil powers.

I do want to say I don’t like the voices in Scoob at all though. I think it looks nice, but I’m really tired of big budget animated movies feeling the need to toss in huge celebrity stars, not that they can’t do a good job, instead of proper voice actors with much more expertise.

From what I understand, most of the Scooby Doo cast has had the same voice actors for over a decade.
I don’t know about the girls, but I know Shaggy has had the same VA, Matthew Lillard, since 2010, with Matthew swapping in and out with two others for a few years before that as well.

Hell, Fred has had the SAME VOICE ACTOR, FRANK WELKER, SINCE HIS DEBUT IN THE 60’S! Now he gets booted in what will be the characters’ biggest role in quite some time, just so the studio can slap Zac Efron’s name on the poster.
meh. It’s a little scummy, but I respect different creators wanting a different voice to suit their vision. I don’t see any point in getting picky about voices. To me, it just comes off neophobic.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wonder how a Tekken character would play in Smash? If they go Heihachi, he has less air game and general mobility than Little Mac. Kazuya and Jin give you devil powers to play with at least. So there’s that. It really depends on which one he goes with, and he could go with any of the three.
Ideally, no character would be made trash in the air like Mac again. Though, they'd probably be fairly strict in Air recovery like the other fighting game characters.

The way I would handle it is making it possible to perform combo strings with them. Where as Ryu,Ken and Terry gain complexity with their inputs, something traditional 2D fighting games are known for, I feel 3D games are known for having longer "baked in" strings. So Jin, for example, could have AAA, be his 1,2,4 input, while something like AAB would be 1,2,3, which replaces the roundhouse kick at the end with a kick that spikes the opponent downwards, as it would in Tekken, leading to floor breaks. Granted some liberties might need to be taken with this, but that's how I'd implement some of Tekken's mechanics and varied movesets.

When Sakurai mentioned he considered Heihachi, he was thinking about how to do 3D movement in a 2D game, so if he ever finds an answer he's satisfied with, we have an idea that he might have that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ideally, no character would be made trash in the air like Mac again. Though, they'd probably be fairly strict in Air recovery like the other fighting game characters.

The way I would handle it is making it possible to perform combo strings with them. Where as Ryu,Ken and Terry gain complexity with their inputs, something traditional 2D fighting games are known for, I feel 3D games are known for having longer "baked in" strings. So Jin, for example, could have AAA, be his 1,2,4 input, while something like AAB would be 1,2,3, which replaces the roundhouse kick at the end with a kick that spikes the opponent downwards, as it would in Tekken, leading to floor breaks. Granted some liberties might need to be taken with this, but that's how I'd implement some of Tekken's mechanics and varied movesets.

When Sakurai mentioned he considered Heihachi, he was thinking about how to do 3D movement in a 2D game, so if he ever finds an answer he's satisfied with, we have an idea that he might have that.
Like.... just make his dodges stepping into the background for a bit. That’s all you ever really use it for in Tekken anyway.

But yeah, aside from the recovery, ideally each move of Heihachi/Kazuya/Jin would be basically a normal move, even the b ones. And he’s all about combining them together.

And he’s had quite a while to think about Tekken in Smash since he made that quote. I imagine he’d probably have something by now

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Same! Unlocking the characters and takes no time at all and if I was consistently playing and doing the challenges I’d probably fill the whole bar in like a week.

Caddy is a great content creator. Don’t get me wrong. But he can be really stubborn sometimes. And He’s not the only one with a problem with CTR’s micro transactions. SomecallmeJohnny’s video isn’t as emotional as Caddy’s but their stances on the micro transactions is basically identical and they both fail to grasp one thing.

Without the micro transactions, we wouldn’t be getting grand prixs. We might still get the content, but each one would probably be a $15-$20 dlc pack. Which I guarantee is much worse on your wallet than any micro transaction.
Holy crap, we actually fully agree on something, Snake.

While I don’t want to have the problematic “if it doesn’t directly harm me, it’s harmless” mentally, the fact of the matter is I’d rather have a “BUY MORE WUMPA COINS” button off in the corner than have to shell out AT LEAST $5-$10 a month for all of the Grand Prix content, OR have even more game developers be mistreated, as they’re forced to pump out new content every month for free.

I’ve seen the comparison to games like Fortnite, where people will say they are ok since they are FTP from the start, so the microtransactions are the funding, but the way I see it, you are paying $40 to get a full remake of CTR, with bonus tracks and characters, then, in addition, get a Fortnite-model online kart racer, with a content stream funded by microtransactions.

Yes, the rates for some items can be bad, but every day you get a x5 coin bonus for your first 30 minutes of racing (and the timer only counts active race time, not lobby waiting time). This gives you a decent amount of coins, ESPECIALLY when you stack it with the 2x coin bonus on Saturdays and Sundays. Every weekend you get a full hour of 10x coins. That’s probably about 20 races. That’s a lot of coins you can get for free.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That new Scooby Doo movie looks great.

Wanted to change my pfp to Daphne, but a server error denies me from doing so.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Oh are we discussing Scooby-Doo now?

Remind me why I have Scooby-Doo's Snack Tracks on my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom