• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
We're finally moving to a non-temporary thread? I thought the day would never come.

I would post my reaction, but images are down. I guess some things should stay constant.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So according to the datamine:

There's actually 35 more Pokémon in the data then the initial 400 had shown. They are the other two Kanto starters, Mewtwo, Mew (confirmed), Celebi, Jirachi, the Swords of Justice, the Tao Trio, the Alolan Starters, the Light trio, Marshadow, Zeraora, and the Meltan line.

Also, Inteleon's Sniper Shot animation.
Finger-gun Intelleon was just fan art, they said.

But they don’t have a source, they said.

They were wrong, this says.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
With the amount of pink on the rise, I must retreat to my (now patched) bunker of no pranks.

Before I go, have a song from the Snack Tracks in its original context:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just realized that every single Fighters Pass character has been complained nonstop by loud minority’s.

Joker for being obscure.

Hero for being obscure, as well as being busted, and “Anime”.

Terry for also being obscure for the casual Smash fanbase.

Only Banjo sort of doesn’t get this treatment, but then again, people complained how he isn’t Rushdown, and how they didn’t like that Banjo didn’t have a huge mechanic.

I think these people just sort of don’t play video games.
Banjo and Hero seem pretty cool, Joker I don't really care about but I have nothing against him, so he's alright. And Terry's so far the main man of the pack. Whoever's next I hope is someone up my alley, but we'll see.

Like.... just make his dodges stepping into the background for a bit. That’s all you ever really use it for in Tekken anyway.

But yeah, aside from the recovery, ideally each move of Heihachi/Kazuya/Jin would be basically a normal move, even the b ones. And he’s all about combining them together.

And he’s had quite a while to think about Tekken in Smash since he made that quote. I imagine he’d probably have something by now
Right, but it seems like there's supposed to be more to it than that. In Tekken you can continually side-step, for example.

As for the B moves, they wouldn't be "Normals" without the canned strings. By themselves, they would still function as specials. Basically the main moves they share. So a real base Mishima moveset.

B = Wind God Fist/EWGF
Side B = Flying Side Kick or Demon Scissors
Up B = Lightning Screw Uppercut (can be charged on the ground and moves forward while doing so.)
Down B = Spinning Demon/Hell Sweeps (forces opponent to trip)

Of course if they use only one specific Mishima, these moves could get more particular to them, like Heihachi using Hell Axle for Up B or Jin using Double Lift Kick for that move instead.

D

Deleted member

To this day I don't even know what "pranked!" means.
That new Scooby Doo movie looks great.

Wanted to change my pfp to Daphne, but a server error denies me from doing so.
At least Elton John is a very good substitute.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
To this day I don't even know what "pranked!" means.
At least Elton John is a very good substitute.
Pranked! is just what it sounds like. It's a title that can, by a Premium user request, be applied to someone of their choice. Gives a pink name and the title Pranked!.

D

Deleted member

Playing kahoot rn, the amount of meme names lmao.

Top player is "ok boomer"

edit: and someone just sent a buncha bots lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah that sword and shield trailer showed two new Pokémon.

question is that first one a mr mime evolution?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Well, decided on Pokemon Sword. Used Amazon points and am getting it for free on Friday.

I'm sad that I won't have Tyranitar in my game, but I can always trade for it if I really want to. I'm excited for a new Pokemon game, but what really makes this one special is that it's a whole new region. It's its own thing. It's the first time my excitement doesn't necessarily come from being able to transfer Pokemon from previous game, but from what I’m seeing.

Might it be less than I had hoped? I mean, probably, yeah. I was hoping for decent post-game, a few new legends ties because I love the hunt and what not. But I realize that it just isn’t necessarily going to happen when I want it to. Hopefully they can fix some of these issues in the future, but for now I’ll make do with what I’ve got.

D

Deleted member

You may like Scooby Doo or not.

But I think we could all agree that when the people behind the franchise say “Let’s make a badass song”, they totally deliver.

It’s not just the Hex Girl theme, but also this theme that I legit heard a lot during my childhood:

I truly hope that “Scoob!” delivers on the musical department.

D

Deleted member

Pranked! is just what it sounds like. It's a title that can, by a Premium user request, be applied to someone of their choice. Gives a pink name and the title Pranked!.
So in other words purely cosmetic and just a fun little thing? Gotcha.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Well, decided on Pokemon Sword. Used Amazon points and am getting it for free on Friday.

I'm sad that I won't have Tyranitar in my game, but I can always trade for it if I really want to. I'm excited for a new Pokemon game, but what really makes this one special is that it's a whole new region. It's its own thing. It's the first time my excitement doesn't necessarily come from being able to transfer Pokemon from previous game, but from what I’m seeing.

Might it be less than I had hoped? I mean, probably, yeah. I was hoping for decent post-game, a few new legends ties because I love the hunt and what not. But I realize that it just isn’t necessarily going to happen when I want it to. Hopefully they can fix some of these issues in the future, but for now I’ll make do with what I’ve got.
I can assure you that you chose the right version.

But seriously, I do hope you enjoy playing it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Sword/Shield datamines are going on, and we found a few more old Pokemon that survived Dexit. They're inside the spoilers.
All the Gen 1 and 7 Starters, Mewtwo, Celebi, Jirachi, the Kyurem trio, the Keldeo quartet, the Cosmog line, Marshadow(?), and the Meltan line.

Really glad to see Decidueye is back, at least one of my favorite starter lines were spared. Reshiram returning is also pretty cool.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
What if a Tekken character in Smash has a unique mechanic in that most of their strong attacks go into a unique form of knockback called Bouncing Knockback, which makes the opponent bounce into a juggle state from the ground, making them easier to juggle Fighting game style to form a combo.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Sword/Shield datamines are going on, and we found a few more old Pokemon that survived Dexit. They're inside the spoilers.
All the Gen 1 and 7 Starters, Mewtwo, Celebi, Jirachi, the Kyurem trio, the Keldeo quartet, the Cosmog line, Marshadow(?), and the Meltan line.

Really glad to see Decidueye is back, at least one of my favorite starter lines were spared. Reshiram returning is also pretty cool.
But what does that mean? They’re in the code but not actually obtainable in the game or present in the Galar Pokédex? That doesn’t make any sense, since they said only Galar Pokédex Pokémon would be able to be used in the game.

D

Deleted member

Gonna be a bit cynical and say that they're going to be event Pokemon and we might still not be able to transfer our old ones over.
That said I also kind of expect all the old starter lines and leggos to show up via events as well if that is the case.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What if a Tekken character in Smash has a unique mechanic in that most of their strong attacks go into a unique form of knockback called Bouncing Knockback, which makes the opponent bounce into a juggle state from the ground, making them easier to juggle Fighting game style to form a combo.
You’d need to mess around with the balancing or somehow make it possible to break out of it in order to not have it be op. But it could be cool.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But what does that mean? They’re in the code but not actually obtainable in the game or present in the Galar Pokédex? IThat doesn’t make any sense, since they said only Galar Pokédex Pokémon would be able to be used in the game.
Add one for raid battles or mystery gifts probably

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
But what does that mean? They’re in the code but not actually obtainable in the game or present in the Galar Pokédex? That doesn’t make any sense, since they said only Galar Pokédex Pokémon would be able to be used in the game.
They're in the game, just not accessible. My guess is that they're going to be released as events later.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
How do events work? And will I need payed online to participate?
I think it’s the Mystery Gift thing, giving you a free Pokémon that they put out that you can get through a Wi-Fi connection, but you have to do it at a certain time (which is usually weeks or a month I think, so plenty of time for each ‘mon). Sometimes you have to go to someplace like GameStop for a code, though. If they start doing what they used to do in older gens, you may even need to go somewhere IRL just for a special item you need to get the ‘mon or encounter it and try to catch it yourself - they haven’t done this sort of event since Gen 5, though. Dang, Hoopa’s event in Gen 6 was never officially used.

When you get a Pokémon from Mystery Gift, a person shows up in the PokéMart (in every town) waiting to give it to you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it’s the Mystery Gift thing, giving you a free Pokémon that they put out that you can get through a Wi-Fi connection, but you have to do it at a certain time (which is usually weeks or a month I think, so plenty of time for each ‘mon). Sometimes you have to go to someplace like GameStop for a code, though.
also, pretty sure you'll need Online. Not sure if that was the case for Let's Go, but the only code I know of was for Mew, so idk

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You may like Scooby Doo or not.

But I think we could all agree that when the people behind the franchise say “Let’s make a badass song”, they totally deliver.

It’s not just the Hex Girl theme, but also this theme that I legit heard a lot during my childhood:

I truly hope that “Scoob!” delivers on the musical department.
Oh ****, I just got hit hard by the nostalgia train.

Hnnnnng, haven't heard it in years, yet it's still as good, ahhhhhh, Otacon, Foxdie is acting!!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think it’s the Mystery Gift thing, giving you a free Pokémon that they put out that you can get through a Wi-Fi connection, but you have to do it at a certain time (which is usually weeks or a month I think, so plenty of time for each ‘mon). Sometimes you have to go to someplace like GameStop for a code, though.
Well. That’s cool. I looked at the Dex and there are plenty of mons to keep me busy till Mewtwo drops.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Oh, okay.

I wasn’t talking about you specifically, though, and I didn’t mean to be rude :p Others claimed this, but didn’t say who made it :S That’s a funny coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom