• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Dude I don't get this game. It has no clear linear path, enemies jump in difficulty per room, and you don't even know it until you fight it, and the game doesn't explain what does what.

This isn't difficulty. This is just blind.
I thought this was an intentionally poor description of playing Smash online quickplay at first.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Dude I don't get this game. It has no clear linear path, enemies jump in difficulty per room, and you don't even know it until you fight it, and the game doesn't explain what does what.

It's honestly not that bad.

The whole game is built around learning from experience, reading up on the minute details of lore, and a grand trail-and-error system that ultimately leaves you feeling rewarded when your sense of progression has peaked and you can handle bosses amd traverse treacherous terrain like it comes naturally to you.

Like the Chosen Undead, you are suddenlu thrown into this world of chaos that you have to fight your way through no matter the odds. Your will is your greatest weapon... and a good stat distribution plus big large weapons and armor and backstabbing.

Good luck.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’m sorry if this has been shared before:
https://twitter.com/FizzySodaWave/status/1193527375033720832
But I love this already.

Nah, don't think it's feasible either, Leon still got a different build than Jill due to being a man and all that.

If a RE character got in, it's either 1 or no one imo.
I mean :ultmarth::ultlucina: as well as :ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultcorrin::ultcorrinf: & :ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm:,

And Protoman would make for a great Echo Fighter.
Maybe he could inherit some of Mega Man’s Smash 4 customers specials? And if they can’t do his shield like in his games or out like Link’s maybe he could have it permanently on his back and have it block projectiles from behind like a permanent Back Shield?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If we’re still talking about that quote from the Shantae thread, that was confirmed to be about a mod a guy did. Nothing to do with actual files relating to DLC characters.

I don’t know if that’s actually what’s happening but I figured I would mention it.
No we are talking about the last two sound file slots that need to be filled now that terry took another and how that could relate to a duo character like Leon and Jill or Phoenix and Apollo as alts with different voices.
I literally got up and did a lap when I saw Sonic so as to make sure it was real and still there when I returned. xD

I wonder when they would've revealed him had he never necessitated a delay.

I mean, Ultimate is the only one that didn't really have dead periods (at least pre-release). I guess you could consider the duration between reveal to E3 "dead", but it was nothing compared to some of the stretches for the previous two. That's what happens when you don't announce the project three years in advance, lol.

And even the Dedede to Olimar drought was still better than most weeks for PotD, let's be real haha.

The fact that the banner obscured who the character was was the best part (usually). :laugh:
I’m guessing since he was the only other third party, maybe in the initial reveal trailer? If not I’m not sure.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I still want to know what the deal was with those "Jane" files attached to Joker.

Maybe we can still get a Kasumi echo for P5 Royal's western release?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm having a discussion with you. I wouldn't argue something that I don't think is true because I like the character involved. I would love Gruntilda and Dr. Eggman to be playable in Smash but I know the chances of that are less than zero. Attempting objectivity when discussing Smash isn't a bad thing. People can disagree, and that's fine, but if you feel I've stepped out of line or insulted you, please let me know, because I haven't attempted anything but to have a discussion about Smash in a Smash discussion thread.
Look. I’m just frustrated and confused. The reasoning I’ve heard contradicts itself from sentence to sentence and I can’t really argue against the points that actually do make sense. But I haven’t lost because nothing I’ve said is wrong either and I’m just frustrated and confused.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I still want to know what the deal was with those "Jane" files attached to Joker.

Maybe we can still get a Kasumi echo for P5 Royal's western release?
I genuinely think Kasumi started as a female protagonist option, maybe with the male character still existing in the story and vice versa. But then plans changed and her nature changed. Meaning she wouldn’t work for Smash anymore.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Look. We don’t know how he prioritizes things. That quote is the only glimpse we have ever had into the selection process. So it’s the only thing we can go off besides rules that we made up. So anyone is likely as long as they would be fun to play as. We don’t know who he would prioritize. And frankly, I’m having trouble comprehending why your fighting me on this when you like the characters? Like, why would you argue against a character you like? That’s all we’re doing at the end of the day. Talking about the characters we like and why we think they’d be cool in Smash.
I see the sentiment, but this simply isn't true.

It's not possible for everybody to be likely. There's one sport left in the Fighter Pass. Only one, out of several options, is possible for that spot. It's impossible for all to be "likely".

When it comes to post-pass fighters, regardless of how it turns out, not everyone can be "likely". It depends on perspective. If Sakurai doesn't upgrade anybody, then that means Spirit upgrades are unlikely.

This really isn't my argument to have, but I felt the need to just mention this as well, but mistaking desire will probability isn't a good thing to confuse. I can talk forever about how much I want a character to happen. That's what I did with Snake in Wii U. I turned out to be wrong, and I was mad at myself for fooling myself into believing it.

Just because I think 2B would be a great Fighter Pass pick doesn't make her "likely". We already got a Square Pick. CERO cracks down on sexuality in some ways. Those are counter arguments I can agree with and acknowledge. To not acknowledge those things means we become bullheaded, and a brick wall, which makes it not nearly as enjoyable as it can be to speculate on characters.

We can say a character is cool. But just because they're cool doesn't mean they're "likely". Those are two different things entirely.

D

Deleted member

You talking about Dark Souls, right?

That's kinda the point of the game, the game doesn't guide you. at all. It quite literally says "We don't care, do it yourself"

StormC

Smash Hero
Look. I’m just frustrated and confused. The reasoning I’ve heard contradicts itself from sentence to sentence and I can’t really argue against the points that actually do make sense. But I haven’t lost because nothing I’ve said is wrong either and I’m just frustrated and confused.
Here's my tl;dr stance:

-Not every fun or popular character can make it in, so Sakurai's statement really doesn't mean much
-Digimon's legacy as a video game series is not especially significant, and Sakurai wants Smash to be a celebration of gaming
-There are several other Namco characters and series with a lot more going for them that make it tough to picture Agumon getting prioritized

I'm willing to eat crow if I'm wrong on this, lord knows I've done that a lot in Smash speculation, but that's my stance as of now.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I’m sorry if this has been shared before:
But I love this already.

I mean :ultmarth::ultlucina: as well as :ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultcorrin::ultcorrinf: & :ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm:,

Maybe he could inherit some of Mega Man’s Smash 4 customers specials? And if they can’t do his shield like in his games or out like Link’s maybe he could have it permanently on his back and have it block projectiles from behind like a permanent Back Shield?
In Marth & Lucina cases, both are pretty slendy & Lucina design is based around Marth, which make it easier to work around.

For the others, their build don't change that much between the two and their personalities are overall the same. (that and they are costume, not echo, and costume share the exact same animation as the OG, so beside if you give them really generic animation, it jsut wouldn't fit)

Leon & Jill have both have very distinct personalities & probably don't match the same build, plus their fighting style are quit different if the attack you get by shooting a enemy limbs indicate anything, they even use the knife differently! (Jill is a quick thrust, while Leon is a slow wide arc in front of him)

I'm not trying to be a grinch or anything, I love to see RE rep, but I just can't see it working in my head.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I’m guessing since he was the only other third party, maybe in the initial reveal trailer? If not I’m not sure.
Well he wasn't in the game at that point, he wasn't added until 2007. But if he had been... idk. That's kinda playing both aces at once, still makes more sense to save one of them.

Maybe E3 2007? They didn't actually show any character there, which was strange. Though even back then the release was still targeted for December of that year, that's when they announced it.

Ah well, who knows. All I remember is this being a fairly accurate depiction of my reaction to the second delay:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
The only thing I ever truly was 100% on with Ultimate after Ridley's reveal was that King K. Rool would be coming after him.

Sure enough I was right. I know it's not good to delude yourself with "100% picks" but that was the only time I really felt it and I'm so glad Sakurai was gracious enough to give it to me.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
No we are talking about the last two sound file slots that need to be filled now that terry took another and how that could relate to a duo character like Leon and Jill or Phoenix and Apollo as alts with different voices.

Do you mean from the sound menu in-game? Or something else?

I wouldn’t look too much into that if that’s the case. A blank space won’t meaning anything considering the stage select screen will also have an empty gap if I remember right.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I see the sentiment, but this simply isn't true.

It's not possible for everybody to be likely. There's one sport left in the Fighter Pass. Only one, out of several options, is possible for that spot. It's impossible for all to be "likely".

When it comes to post-pass fighters, regardless of how it turns out, not everyone can be "likely". It depends on perspective. If Sakurai doesn't upgrade anybody, then that means Spirit upgrades are unlikely.

This really isn't my argument to have, but I felt the need to just mention this as well, but mistaking desire will probability isn't a good thing to confuse. I can talk forever about how much I want a character to happen. That's what I did with Snake in Wii U. I turned out to be wrong, and I was mad at myself for fooling myself into believing it.

Just because I think 2B would be a great Fighter Pass pick doesn't make her "likely". We already got a Square Pick. CERO cracks down on sexuality in some ways. Those are counter arguments I can agree with and acknowledge. To not acknowledge those things means we become bullheaded, and a brick wall, which makes it not nearly as enjoyable as it can be to speculate on characters.

We can say a character is cool. But just because they're cool doesn't mean they're "likely". Those are two different things entirely.
I guess I agree with what your saying on some level. But I still maintain that, since we don’t know how the characters are being picked, that that last slot could conceivably be anyone. The rule about one company not getting two characters in the pass? We made it up and it could very well be wrong. Just one of many. So until we know the selection criteria, we can’t say who’s likely or not. We just don’t know.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Here's my tl;dr stance:

-Not every fun or popular character can make it in, so Sakurai's statement really doesn't mean much
-Digimon's legacy as a video game series is not especially significant, and Sakurai wants Smash to be a celebration of gaming
-There are several other Namco characters and series with a lot more going for them that make it tough to picture Agumon getting prioritized

I'm willing to eat crow if I'm wrong on this, lord knows I've done that a lot in Smash speculation, but that's my stance as of now.
I can’t argue against those points other then I just don’t think they’re right. So what, am I just wrong? Have I lost?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do you mean from the sound menu in-game? Or something else?

I wouldn’t look too much into that if that’s the case. A blank space won’t meaning anything considering the stage select screen will also have an empty gap if I remember right.
Yes the sound menu thing I believe it is. I think it’s getting filled and iirc the stage select screen actually was filled because of the stage builder icon I believe it is.

D

Deleted member

Play patiently, and don't panic. Stay back from enemies and learn their patterns and attacks before engaging for real. Make sure to explore everywhere, the game doesn't tell you where to go but most areas are pretty linear with a few sidepaths.
Dark Souls is very hard to start with but it slowly gets easier and the feeling you get when the game finally clicks is awesome.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Play patiently, and don't panic. Stay back from enemies and learn their patterns and attacks before engaging for real. Make sure to explore everywhere, the game doesn't tell you where to go but most areas are pretty linear with a few sidepaths.
Dark Souls is very hard to start with but it slowly gets easier and the feeling you get when the game finally clicks is awesome.
I get that, but once again, not what I was expecting.

I really feel mixed up when people recommended this game to me.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You disagree. There don't have to be winners or losers in a discussion.
Then what's the point?
I take it from your sig that you like Borderlands? Is that true? And if it is, what Borderlands character do you think would be cool in Smash?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
first dark souls run: moving slowly and carefully, fearing every corner, making a mad dash every time you see a bonfire and praying there's no enemies lurking in the shadows

fourth dark souls run:

1573424630550.png

StormC

Smash Hero
Then what's the point?
To learn more about others' viewpoints and about Smash and the industry as a whole.

Also, keeps the brain sharp.

Discussion doesn't have a "point." Everything we do here is meaningless except what significance we impose on it. People have discussions because they find them fun and/or mentally engaging, even if they disagree.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Getting late here, tomorrow I have work, so I say to all of you good night and hope you have a great time here!

For me.
luigi fly off kart.gif

My peoples need me.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Okay wtf is the point of humanity? How about that?

Edit: this is a really weird question out of context. Lol

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How many days is it til the game awards anyway? Is it December 6th like last year?
December 12th (a Thursday), at 8:30-10:30 pm eastern time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I take it from your sig that you like Borderlands? Is that true? And if it is, what Borderlands character do you think would be cool in Smash?
Lilith. She's the closest thing to a main character the series has ever had and I can't envision any of the other playable vault hunters being represented in Smash in a way that would be satisfying.
Or you could go with Claptrap but why the **** would anyone want to choose Claptrap
Okay wtf is the point of humanity? How about that?

Edit: this is a really weird question out of context. Lol
When you die you go hollow, which prevents you from summoning help from either NPCs or other human players but also prevents you from being invaded. Humanity is the thing that reverses hollowing. So you can use humanity at a bonfire to restore your humanity, but it can also be used to kindle bonfires to give you extra estus flask uses from that specific bonfire, or as a full heal if you're in dire need of health.
Oh yeah and if you die with any humanities you've used (the counter next to your healthbar) you lose them along with souls and they have to be reclaimed from your bloodstain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom