• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Okay wtf is the point of humanity? How about that?

Edit: this is a really weird question out of context. Lol
The main focus is by restoring your humanity at a bonfire as well as allowing you to hold more estus flasks, but it also does a few other things.
-It affects your weapon damage and spells that deal "Chaos" damage.
-It affects your physical and elemental Defenses.
-It increases your resistance to Curses.
-It increases your Drop rate.

In the case of restoring your humanity, here are the benefits of your human form.
-You can summon Phantoms to help you with bosses.
-You can invade other peoples' worlds.
-But you are also vulnerable to being invaded.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What are you on about? Last year we got Joker, Crash Team Racing Nitro Fuled, Psychonauts 2, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. And those are just the ones off the top of my head.
Wait, they did?

I must be mistaking it with a different event.
Edit: **** man, I'm all sorts of weird right now. Think I'm gonna head out early tonight.

Last edited:

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Eh, no one should be harassed, especially not over a video game. Plus, if you think they can add every single Pokemon to ever exist in every single game, you’re underestimating how difficult game development is. That’s not even mentioning how much space that would take up.
Switch carts are 32 GB, and Pokemon SwSh is only about 10. They absolutely could have included every Pokemon in the game's data, but they chose not to so people would be forced to buy subscriptions for Pokemon Home Arrest.

D

Deleted member

first dark souls run: moving slowly and carefully, fearing every corner, making a mad dash every time you see a bonfire and praying there's no enemies lurking in the shadows

fourth dark souls run:

View attachment 246086
It's quite an evolution from "Oh god the Taurus Demon is terrifying what do I do" to "IMMA PUNCH GWYN IN THE ****ING **** LET'S GO"

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So like, assuming next gen launches in 2020, what do you think will happen to the current fighting games that are still being supported through that year? Tekken 7, Street Fighter V, SoulCalibur VI, Mortal Kombat 11, Samurai Shodown, like, it’s rumored to be a very backwards compatible gen so they very well could just keep supporting the same titles. And for some of the newer ones like Mortal Kombat, SoulCalibur, and SamSho I could very easily see them do that. But especially with SFV and T7.... I think it’s time to move on and do something new. Those games have been around like, forever. I really wanna see what they can do starting from scratch on a new console.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Sorry they aren’t catering literally every facet of the game to 20-30 year old players. There are certain aspects of OG Pokémon that are obsolete, such as the way Exp share functioned.
They promised us that these games would be for the hardcore fans, but they lied. And there was no reason to remove the ability to turn Exp. Share off. GameFreak is just spiting the fans at this point. And the whole #ThankYouGameFreak hashtag on Twitter feels like a forced marketing stunt designed to divert attention away from the #BringBackNationalDex movement, especially when you consider it was started by a Poketuber (someone who depends on Pokemon to make money) who was likely looking for a way to virtue signal and score good boy points.

I'm surprised this is coming from the same person who thinks Smash absolutely needs Grookey's final evolution.
I like most of the new Pokemon designs, but I despise the games. You don't have to buy the new games to show your love for the Pokemon themselves, especially when hundreds of old ones were cut.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Switch carts are 32 GB, and Pokemon SwSh is only about 10. They absolutely could have included every Pokemon in the game's data, but they chose not to so people would be forced to buy subscriptions for Pokemon Home Arrest.
Doesn’t leaving out a lot of ‘mons also work against that, though? Even if someone pays for Pokémon Home to transfer some Pokémon over, they’ll just transfer whatever ‘mons they want and can and then stop paying until a future game.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It's quite an evolution from "Oh god the Taurus Demon is terrifying what do I do" to "IMMA PUNCH GWYN IN THE ****ING **** LET'S GO"
there's a certain point in the soulsborne experience where it goes from constant horror and terror to repeatedly punching a newborn baby demon monster up the backside

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Bloodborne was my first game in the series. Absolutely love it.

I then played DS1 and I find it enjoyable as well. Unfortunately I played the DLC on NG++ with no prior experience with the DLC so Manus is a pain in the ass and the only boss I have yet to beat.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, if I go Bandit, what stats should I focus on?
Whatever the hell you feel like honestly. The starting class only matters so much as what stats and weapons it starts you out with, it might nudge you to a playstyle but you're not locked into anything specific like you might be in other RPGs.
there's a certain point in the soulsborne experience where it goes from constant horror and terror to repeatedly punching a newborn baby demon monster up the backside
Can't relate because Orphan is the only Soulsborne boss that still consistently ****s me.
Manus or Artorias? Baby mode.
Fume Knight? Who cares
Gael? More like fail ha ha
Isshin? He ain't ****
Orphan? Oh god oh **** he's jumping at light speed at me screaming his lungs out mom come pick me up I'm scared

Last edited by a moderator:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
*trumpet noises*
We interrupt your regularly scheduled socialization for a brief announcement. Thread OP has a bit of information, but most of the context y'all need is over in the Staff Announcements forum.

Check it out and feel free to keep posting here as normal.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Doesn’t leaving out a lot of ‘mons also work against that, though? Even if someone pays for Pokémon Home to transfer some Pokémon over, they’ll just transfer whatever ‘mons they want and can and then stop paying until a future game.
The thing though is that once you transfer a Pokemon from Pokemon Bank to Pokemon Home, it can't be transferred back which makes the whole thing a scam. You're basically paying money to keep your Pokemon trapped in the hopes they will be transferable in future games. There was no reason why they couldn't just continue using Pokemon Bank except for greed.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
*trumpet noises*
We interrupt your regularly scheduled socialization for a brief announcement. Thread OP has a bit of information, but most of the context y'all need is over in the Staff Announcements forum.

So now we’ll be one of those General talk threads?

Can I still host Circle Simulator?

D

Deleted member

*trumpet noises*

Assuming I'm reading this right, the thread will just be moved to General Social, correct? Nothing about the thread itself will change?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So now we’ll be one of those General talk threads?

Can I still host Circle Simulator?
Please ask all questions in the Staff Announcements & User Feedback forum thread, so everyone can easily find answers to previously asked questions rather than having to rummage through a social thread. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have over there. Thank you!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I saw Joker today. It was better than I expected tbh. Idk why, but I thought it would be more of a comedy. Also...
Did they really have to shoehorn in the fact that Batman's parents died? I mean, it was going very well too. Also, Thomas Wayne 100% deserved it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I saw Joker today. It was better than I expected tbh. Idk why, but I thought it would be more of a comedy. Also...
Did they really have to shoehorn in the fact that Batman's parents died? I mean, it was going very well too. Also, Thomas Wayne 100% deserved it.
I actually liked the way they did that especially for what you mentioned

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Oh god more pokemon "leaks" (technically isn't but will spoiler anyway)
You can't catch pokemon that are of a higher level than you in the wild area, the game literally prevents you from fighting it at all
Sauce:https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/dug2r5/spoiler_restriction_to_catching_pokemonwtf/
Somewhat realistic because some random Preschoolers complained that they got swept by a Lvl 100 Groundon and Kyogre team. With their level 2 team.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I kind of liked what they did with it. They gave a twist to Batman's origin story and showed a different side to the death of his parents. Sure it might seem shoehorned but in the context of the film it made sense.

D

Deleted member

Somewhat realistic because some random Preschoolers complained that they got swept by a Lvl 100 Groundon and Kyogre team. With their level 2 team.
I beg to differ, because if you can just waltz in to the wild area and attempt to catch a lvl 100, why should the game prevent you?

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Here's a fun game. Guess the team I always use in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness. I'll give the types as a hint:
Normal, Fire, Water, Grass, Poison, Ground, Flying, Electric, Dark, Psychic.

(Notes: Pre-Fairy, Some may be dual types)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom