• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If we do get a tag team it’s Rex and Pyra or the Astra Chain portags.
My bet would be more Rex because Sakurai seemed genuinely upset he couldn’t add him in the pass because of how early it was decided. If he was going to add anyone it would probably be him because he loves the game and wanted to give the fans something with him but now he has a chance do whatever he wants basically.

AC would just be a cool character and good promotion

D

Deleted member

Some of you guys never had to wait 7 years for your favorite series to get a new mainline entry and it shows.
16 years and counting. One day the Blue Falcon rides again... one day.

They deserve all the criticism..
Yes, they very much deserve criticism, especially with how misleading Pokemon Bank was in hindsight.
...and harassment coming their way for doing this.
And that's where you're flat out wrong, it's not even an opinion. No one deserves to be harassed, especially not over something as trivial as a video game. Or are you seriously claiming that harassment, which comes bundled with (death) threats, impersonation, etc. is the way to go? In that case that attitude, to be very blunt, much more sickening that everything Game Freak has done and you really need to reevaluate your priorities in life. Criticize them, boycott them, fine, but don't resort to harassment.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
As with most things, I suspect fans online are freaking out now because it’s convenient, but once the game releases they’ll sing a different tune.

I’m sympathetic because there are Pokémon that I am going to miss, as they’re among my favorites. But...it’s so far gone now.

It’s easy to throw stones on the internet. Much harder to seek satisfaction in something you’re upset over. But it’s straight up ignorant and vitriol-filled to be this angry over it, and it’s not just this instance, but a good amount of people on social media.

Whatever. Despite my sadness of missing certain Pokémon, I will be enjoying Pokémon Sword on Friday.
Most fans will soften up a little once they actually play the game. The reactions to all of the new leaked Pokemon and the users who are already planning their team told me that there's still plenty of excitment for SwSh. It's just that people haven't seen enough of the game to feel confident in its quality.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My bet would be more Rex because Sakurai seemed genuinely upset he couldn’t add him in the pass because of how early it was decided. If he was going to add anyone it would probably be him because he loves the game and wanted to give the fans something with him but now he has a chance do whatever he wants basically.

I would punch a baby if it meant getting An AA×PL tag team character

osby

Smash Obsessed
From what my religion‘s textbook told me, the point of heaven is that you are unimaginably happy there by the mere fact of being face to face with God for all eternity. So, IMO that implies that there aren’t any video games in heaven at all since video games would be merely boring by comparison, regardless of the type of videogame.

Of course, IDK where the people who wrote that got that information other than just theorycrafting about it, as one can’t even try to claim that they were divinely inspired or anything. So, whatever...
That reminds when my religion teacher in middle school told us there are no animals in heaven because they only exist to serve us in the Earth.

And I was like "No cats? I'll pass."

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Some of the criticisms for Pokemon are justified (Sword and Shield still look decent IMO, but they could be much better with more time,) but yeah, harassment is never okay.

(Honestly though, is Masuda actually justified? Like, it’s a business, and seriously, what is in it for them to make these long wanted changes, other than a statistically smaller bunch of extra sales? Pokemon doesn’t even need main series to do as well since their big money is in mobile games.)

Out of curiosity, does Luma take a character slot, given that it’s not really a proper character? If it doesn’t, then, like, wouldn’t Pyra or the Legion potentially not fit this pattern if either of those is coded as not a proper character?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
That reminds when my religion teacher in middle school told us there are no animals in heaven because they only exist to serve us in the Earth.

If there aren't any cats then I'll just go to Hell. I mean, Heaven kinda loses its appeal when there aren't any cats involved, yeah?

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend

Where'd the hell did they get that from? Especially when the term "And the lion shall lie down with the lamb" exists?

While no one knows for certain what heaven will truly be like, I think heaven wouldn't as restricting people think. When people say violence, I think war, murder and whatnot, not competition and conflict. Considering how Jacob "wrestled" with God, I think God would be fine with competitions like karate tournaments and whatnot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well according to the movie "All Dogs go to Heaven" your religion teacher was full of ****

osby

Smash Obsessed
Where'd the hell did they get that from? Especially when the term "And the lion shall lie down with the lamb" exists?
Well, that's from the Bible.

Muslim interpretations of heaven and hell are quite different.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Some of the criticisms for Pokemon are justified (Sword and Shield still look decent IMO, but they could be much better with more time,) but yeah, harassment is never okay.

(Honestly though, is Masuda actually justified? Like, it’s a business, and seriously, what is in it for them to make these long wanted changes, other than a statistically smaller bunch of extra sales? Pokemon doesn’t even need main series to do as well since their big money is in mobile games.)

Out of curiosity, does Luma take a character slot, given that it’s not really a proper character? If it doesn’t, then, like, wouldn’t Pyra or the Legion potentially not fit this pattern if either of those is coded as not a proper character?
i could be wrong but I think Luma does from what I remember when modding smash 4.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I would punch a baby if it meant getting An AA×PL tag team character
While this could be fun,

ignoring that they are from different companies,

no.

To put them as a duo implies neither can get in on their own merits. Which would is far from true. Plus Phoenix and Maya and Layton and Luke are already tag teams basically.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hungry/10

Give it some snacks.
I always give him a bit of popcorn whenever we do have popcorn. I mean, he goes crazy over it. He just sits there and watches it as it pops, and whenever we put it in a bowl and bring it downstairs, he starts climbing on us and around us trying to get a bite.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I always give him a bit of popcorn whenever we do have popcorn. I mean, he goes crazy over it. He just sits there and watches it as it pops, and whenever we put it in a bowl and bring it downstairs, he starts climbing on us and around us trying to get a bite.
He actually eats popcorn? Never heard of that one before, but then again cats have a wider palate than most people give them credit for.

ex: My cats go crazy for pastries. I have to lock them away from the kitchen whenever I bake bread or cake.

D

Deleted member

From what my religion‘s textbook told me, the point of heaven is that you are unimaginably happy there by the mere fact of being face to face with God for all eternity. So, IMO that implies that there aren’t any video games in heaven at all since video games would be merely boring by comparison, regardless of the type of videogame.

Of course, IDK where the people who wrote that got that information other than just theorycrafting about it, as one can’t even try to claim that they were divinely inspired or anything. So, whatever...
Well, considering there age(both are under 10) it becomes clear they just don't understand what they're saying, IMO

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
He actually eats popcorn? Never heard of that one before, but then again cats have a wider palate than most people give them credit for.

ex: My cats go crazy for pastries. I have to lock them away from the kitchen whenever I bake bread or cake.
Yeah, he's a pretty weird cat, but weird in a good way. One thing that's weird about him is that he jumps up on my lap whenever he gets the chance. He's actually on my lap right now.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I want lawyer man here.

ALSP, REMEMBER when people said this was a ****ing port of SSB4?? Am I the only one??

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just got back from Terminator: Dark Fate. While the movie's big twist has likely been plastered all over the internet over the past week or so, I'm still putting my impressions in spoilers. To summarize, I liked it - it's easily in my top three for Terminator movies, just barely behind second place. (nothing tops Terminator 2 - prove me wrong, Hollywood!)

It was great to have Linda Hamilton back as Sarah Connor - I don't know how much acting she did between Terminator 2 and this movie, but she felt like a natural in the role. Arnold Schwarzenegger's comedic timing seems to be back - he had some great lines, which was good to see (a lot of his post-governor roles felt stiff, for the lack of a better word), and of course, he did a good job as the Terminator. While I wasn't sure how they'd explain him developing a conscience and getting a family, especially when Terminator 2 established that Skynet deactivates their learning computer when sending them on missions, I thought they did well with it. (without a mission, he started learning to be better at infiltration)

They did well with the new characters, with Grace being a highlight. I thought some of the lines about Dani were a bit ham-fisted ("You're John", among a few others), but she was developed well, and the actress did a great job at getting her grief across. The new Terminator (or Rev-9) was extremely resilient, though given what the same model pulled off in the flashback (flashforward? Lousy time travel), I'm surprised it never used the liquid metal to extend its limbs or get more creative than just making stabbing weapons. Still, it was a better hybrid of the T-800 and the T-1000 than the T-X from Terminator 3 was - in that case, the liquid metal felt unnecessary, since she never really did anything with it.

As for the movie's big opening twist, I was fine with it. It was shocking, to be sure, but we've had three consecutive movies focusing on John Connor with diminishing returns, and seeing as Skynet is permanently gone, John loses a lot of his purpose, and he would likely feel redundant with Sarah around. I'm sure that some parts of the internet will be outraged that John Connor was killed off and effectively replaced by a Mexican woman, though.

D

Deleted member

It would still take an insane amount of space, amongst other things, Time is not the only issue.
I don't disagree with you, honestly. I think the main issue is that GF just pumps out a **** ton of Pokemon each year, without regards to the quality.

In that note, one fix would be to have what I would call "X-Regional Variants"(try to guess the inspiration)
The Idea is, that instead of Regional Variants being color-swaps+a few other details added, X-Regionals would be completely redesigned pokemon, while technically being the same pokemon.

The difference? X-Regionals would keep the original pokemon movepool ,and typing, but would have completely different stats in exchange.

For example, instead of Charizard looking like this:
1573415283529.png
He would look more so like this:
1573415351402.png
(this isn't exactly what I'm thinking off, but I'm a terrible artist so this is the best I can find)

Then, all GF has to do is just make a ****-ton of these and fill a game with em. Would make the workload significantly easier to manage

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't disagree with you, honestly. I think the main issue is that GF just pumps out a **** ton of Pokemon each year, without regards to the quality.

In that note, one fix would be to have what I would call "X-Regional Variants"(try to guess the inspiration)
The Idea is, that instead of Regional Variants being color-swaps+a few other details added, X-Regionals would be completely redesigned pokemon, while technically being the same pokemon.

The difference? X-Regionals would keep the original pokemon movepool ,and typing, but would have completely different stats in exchange.

For example, instead of Charizard looking like this:
View attachment 246073
He would look more so like this:
View attachment 246074
(this isn't exactly what I'm thinking off, but I'm a terrible artist so this is the best I can find)

Then, all GF has to do is just make a ****-ton of these and fill a game with em. Would make the workload significantly easier to manage
You know one thing GF could fix? Make 1 ****ing game insted of 2. make 1 with everything in it.
IS went right back to one game after fates, I dont see why GF cant

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
From the top of my head...

Rex and Pyra
Chorus Kids
And...

...No, that's actually all I can think of. Any third-parties who would likely work as a duo character?
How are the Pokémon Trainer Pokémon catalogued? Because if it’s similar then I could see it being Digimon. But if not then.... I really don’t know...... Astral Chain? It’s not third party but would probably work in a similar way. Beyond that and what’s below, I’m drawing a blank.
Kratos & Atreus.

Calling it now. Watch it be them. Sakurai the madman does it again!
You know. That would be kind of funny. Especially since Persona 5 had won Game of the Year the year before Joker was revealed, and God of War won last year. It would almost be.... could it be.... a PATTERN?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hey, can any of you tell me why you dislike SSB4?
I actually liked it a lot, even if I prefer Ultimate and Brawl. (Still has a better single player than Ultimate)

People exaggerate its faults a lot but it was a perfectly serviceable game.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

You know. A first party pass wouldn’t be all bad. I mean sure, we wouldn’t have Crash or DoomSlayer, or Ryu Hayabusa unless we get a third pass (really hoping for). But a Three Houses Character, a SwSh Mon, Rex and Pyrrha, Officer Howard, and a Rhythm Heaven Character would be a solid pass.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Smash Wii U was great at the time despite the fact that it cut Snake.

Ultimate, though, outshines it in almost every way. I can't go back to it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom