• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The fact that Terry’s presentation opens with Sakurai talking about the games awards and how proud he was really makes me think he’d be pretty happy about tga and that maybe he was low key letting us know of the final reveal because that was a odd moment but I don’t know.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The fact that Terry’s presentation opens with Sakurai talking about the games awards and how proud he was really makes me think he’d be pretty happy about tga and that maybe he was low key letting us know of the final reveal because that was a odd moment but I don’t know.
sounds like your reading to much into it and he just wanted to flex at how many awards he got

osby

Smash Obsessed
Some of you guys never had to wait 7 years for your favorite series to get a new mainline entry and it shows.

D

Deleted member

I just had to listen to my little brother and his friend discuss how video games would "change in heaven, because violence doesn't exist in heaven!"
1573409454035.png
I woulda prefered to set em straight, but I held my tongue because
A) I don't want it to be extremely obvious I'm Atheist to my parents(they probably have realized already, not going to risk it thou)
B) it's not that big of a deal, honestly

D

Deleted member

I guess it’s a trend for Namco fighters then. I have a similar problem with Tekken 7. And Smash is being co-developed with Bandai Namco. Capcom, NRS, Iron Galaxy, SNK, and to some extent Arc System Works are all able to work much faster.
MK11 is putting out 1 more character than Smash on a similar release schedule and SFV only got 4 this year with a huge info drought in-between.
This is a relatively average pace for DLC releases, you're just being impatient.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Sword/Shield Director Ohmori doubles down on the National Dex never coming back:
https://www.insidegamer.nl/artikel/in-gesprek-met-ohmori-en-masuda-over-pokemon-sword-en-shield/
This is absolutely sickening. They deserve all the criticism and harassment coming their way for doing this. They think they can get away with dumbing down the games for casuals while spitting in the faces of hardcore fans by removing the Battle Frontier, Pokemon World Tournament, the ability to turn the Exp. Share off, removing hundreds of Pokemon, and now scamming people with Pokemon Home? I don't think so.
543.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just had to listen to my little brother and his friend discuss how video games would "change in heaven, because violence doesn't exist in heaven!"
View attachment 246058
A) I don't want it to be extremely obvious I'm Atheist to my parents(they probably have realized already, not going to risk it thou)
GTA flat out doesn’t exist in Heaven.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Sword/Shield Director Ohmori doubles down on the National Dex never coming back:
https://www.insidegamer.nl/artikel/in-gesprek-met-ohmori-en-masuda-over-pokemon-sword-en-shield/
This is absolutely sickening. They deserve all the criticism and harassment coming their way for doing this. They think they can get away with dumbing down the games for casuals while spitting in the faces of hardcore fans by removing the Battle Frontier, Pokemon World Tournament, the ability to turn the Exp. Share off, removing hundreds of Pokemon, and now scamming people with Pokemon Home? I don't think so.
View attachment 246062
First off, no one deserves to be harassed.

Second, this isn't that surprising. It might not make as much sense to fans now, but they'd have to make this decision sooner or later. It's just not feasible to balance and perfect over 1,000 different Pokemon AND make a game that isn't boring and tedious to play because everything was rushed.

I understand your disappointment, and while you might have a valid point to be upset with their progress in SwSh, this was pretty much unavoidable.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 246062
Eh, no one should be harassed, especially not over a video game. Plus, if you think they can add every single Pokemon to ever exist in every single game, you’re underestimating how difficult game development is. That’s not even mentioning how much space that would take up.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
View attachment 246062
Ah yes, harass people because of video games! That’ll make people agree with you.

It’s a children’s game. Sorry they aren’t catering literally every facet of the game to 20-30 year old players. There are certain aspects of OG Pokémon that are obsolete, such as the way Exp share functioned.

It’s digital monsters in a game aimed at kids. Am I sad I can’t use some of my favorites? Yes. Am I going to harass people I’ve never met over social media and make somebody else feel like ****? No. Why? Because it’s a video game.

This is exactly why many a fan cannot agree with the salty fans. Attitudes like this.

That’s not ok. Kinda cringe actually.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
They deserve all the criticism and harassment coming their way for doing this.
There's no need to encourage harassment to a team of people just trying to make a game. Honestly, I don't think I will ever understand this mindset. Just because you disagree with a decision doesn't mean that you need to start being uncivil about it.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
View attachment 246058
I mean, I don't know what would happen to games like GTA, Mortal Kombat and whatnot, but I don't think video games with violence, but hardly the emphasis on it, would change. I mean, competition and conflict(as in like different opinions, not something like war) are far from bad or evil.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You seriously need to reconsider their life decisions if you think video games are worth harassing people over.
I agree with osby on this point, but the way I see it, if GF can't complete the game in a year, just ****ing extend the time they have!

Do it BOTW style if you have too! Any length of time is worth it for a Pokemon Game, of all things.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC

No. Just No. I can understand people being critical or disappointed of the game and/or the direction of the series, but wishing or encouraging direct harassment absolutely crosses a line.

D

Deleted member

I mean, I don't know what would happen to games like GTA, Mortal Kombat and whatnot, but I don't think video games with violence, but little emphasis on it, would change. I mean, competition and conflict(as in like different opinions, not something like war) are far from bad or evil.
That was something they didn't even think about lmao, on the contrary actually!

They basically just said(and I quote) "Fortnite would become Hugnite, because violence doesn't exist in Heaven!"

They then started talking about Mario, of all things, saying stuff like everything remotely good(mario, the toads, etc) would be angels, while anything bad(Bowser and his minions) would become devil-like.

That's the Bible Belt for you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Some of you guys never had to wait 7 years for your favorite series to get a new mainline entry and it shows.
at this rate I’ll be there for the wonderful 101.

Also kingdom hearts technically falls into that same category. I wanted ten years for 3 but there were other games just not technically mainline

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
From the Shantae thread, what credibility does that person have and why is there any connection to a playable character?

D

Deleted member

I agree with osby on this point, but the way I see it, if GF can't complete the game in a year, just ****ing extend the time they have!

Do it BOTW style if you have too! Any length of time is worth it for a Pokemon Game, of all things.
It would still take an insane amount of space, amongst other things, Time is not the only issue.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Are we entertaining that supposed Ice Climbers/tag team thing? The removal refers to the mod, not 6.0.0, if I am reading correctly.
  • Updated mod for 6.x.x.
  • Removal: Solo Popo and Solo Nana have been removed indefinitely. They will hopefully be re-added when they can be implemented more gracefully.
Source: https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/8839

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
View attachment 246062
No, that is absolutely not acceptable.

Whether you agree with their decisions or not, under no circumstances is it a good idea to suggest that harassing someone, much less over a video game, is OK. This is an electronic medium you play for a few hours to get enjoyment out of it, it is not OK for you to get so angry over it that you wish such things on someone just because you're not getting what you want out of it.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As with most things, I suspect fans online are freaking out now because it’s convenient, but once the game releases they’ll sing a different tune.

Not to say criticism isn’t warranted. Also not to say anyone is wrong for voicing said opinion.

I’m sympathetic because there are Pokémon that I am going to miss, as they’re among my favorites. But...it’s so far gone now.

It’s easy to throw stones on the internet. Much harder to seek satisfaction in something you’re upset over. But it’s straight up ignorant and vitriol-filled to be this angry over it, and it’s not just this instance, but a good amount of people on social media.

Whatever. Despite my sadness of missing certain Pokémon, I will be enjoying Pokémon Sword on Friday.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
View attachment 246062
I'm surprised this is coming from the same person who thinks Smash absolutely needs Grookey's final evolution.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
View attachment 246058
From what my religion‘s textbook told me, the point of heaven is that you are unimaginably happy there by the mere fact of being face to face with God for all eternity. So, IMO that implies that there aren’t any video games in heaven at all since video games would be merely boring by comparison, regardless of the type of videogame.

Of course, IDK where the people who wrote that got that information other than just theorycrafting about it, as one can’t even try to claim that they were divinely inspired or anything. So, whatever...

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Are we entertaining that supposed Ice Climbers/tag team thing? The removal refers to the mod, not 6.0.0, if I am reading correctly.
  • Updated mod for 6.x.x.
  • Removal: Solo Popo and Solo Nana have been removed indefinitely. They will hopefully be re-added when they can be implemented more gracefully.
Source: https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/8839

I kind of suspected as much. Oh well.

Back to cheesing with Terry it is, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom