• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
You know one thing GF could fix? Make 1 ****ing game insted of 2. make 1 with everything in it.
IS went right back to one game after fates, I dont see why GF cant
At this point, I think both the fans and Game Freak want two versions for each game.

Fans like it because it's always been that way and because it gives certain Pokemon more purpose. Game Freak likes it because...well, because it makes them a ton of cash that way.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. Guys. Seriously. I know this is probably like, impossible, but what if Sakurai was watching The Game Awards last year to see how the Joker reveal went down and went over, and saw how God of War won and was like "So this year I revealed last years winner for Smash, what if I do the same thing again next year!?!" and somehow actually managed to pull it off.
Smash Wii U was great at the time despite the fact that it cut Snake.

Ultimate, though, outshines it in almost every way. I can't go back to it lol.
Same. The only reason I don't just sell it off is I can't get a refund for all the DLC content. Honestly, if it weren't for that, I'd probably sell my Wii U and all it's games because all the ones I own for it are on Switch and are better on switch. Except for the lack of a physical copy of Bayonetta 1. That irks me. Forces you to buy new and not pre-owned.

There's also the face that I can't send my saved data back to my Wii from my Wii U. At this point in my life, my Wii U functions as my Wii, and my Wii functions as my GameCube.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
There's also the face that I can't send my saved data back to my Wii from my Wii U. At this point in my life, my Wii U functions as my Wii, and my Wii functions as my GameCube.
And that, my friends, is the cycle of life.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There was a problem fetching the tweet
When you start the game up and your first raids a ****ing luigia.

Also garchomp our here literally flying

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
OK. Guys. Seriously. I know this is probably like, impossible, but what if Sakurai was watching The Game Awards last year to see how the Joker reveal went down and went over, and saw how God of War won and was like "So this year I revealed last years winner for Smash, what if I do the same thing again next year!?!" and somehow actually managed to pull it off.
I know absolutely nothing about God of War besides the fact you that you play as a pasty guy who's frequently ****** off and kills people, so I'd be pretty indifferent to Kratos in Smash.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Early Smash 4 I really enjoyed.
Late Smash 4 hasn't aged well, though.

The All-Star format got ruined for Ultimate, but other than that Ultimate is more fun for me in every way. The main mode has better character balance with more interesting combos due to faster pace, Adventure Mode is back and it's a heccin long yet fun (for the most part) story, and it expands upon a lot of game modes that make it such a great experience.

I still don't think Smash 4 is a bad game. I think it's a good game, but it's the most forgettable Smash game out of them all at this point.

D

Deleted member

I actually thought Smash Tour was okay. Not good, but not bad either.
Pretty much agree to that. Def had it flaws, but for what it was, it's was fine.
I'm totally not biased because my church still has Smash 4 and we play Smash Tour like every week, no siree!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And that, my friends, is the cycle of life.
I'd pay money for a Nintendo Switch "backwards Compatible dock". Just a dock that has a disc reader in it so you can play Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U games on the switch while docked. If they wanted to they could even include a cartridge slot for N64 games but they probably wanna save them for NSO.

Emulating the Wii Remote and Nunchuck combo with joy-cons would feel a little weird, but I'd get used to it..... the gamepad functionality would be tricky.... maybe it has a wire that connects it to the dock so you can hole the switch like a gamepad when in Wii U mode and still have it be hooked up to the TV? With a setup like that you could probably even bring over DS games.

D

Deleted member

GoW4 Kratos is an interesting character because OG Kratos was an outdated character in every possible way so them working off of that and turning him into a proper character was an interesting idea that just worked.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I got KoF 98. It's pretty cool, but the CPU is out for blood. Definitely something I'd play locally though. Terry and Heavy D! are the characters I like the most so far, but I already played Terry the most as is in the few SNK and CvS games I already played. Mai and Iori aren't too bad. I think Mai's easier to get an handle on. I need to get the timing on Iori's Rekka down, cause his other moves I kind of get already. Either way, I need more practice.

Id love X. I wanted him more than classic megsman tbh.
He's my favorite Mega Man character too, though the OG's pretty close for me, like top 3. I'd also say it'd be sick to have both of them playable in the same game for once. Outside of some obscure cellphone tennis game.

Shroob

Sup?
Well thank god Verg finally spoke.

Odd that he didn't cull Crash like Sabi did as well.

Y'all hard sleeping on a Tales Of rep.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Either way, I think the last FP pick comes from Capcom, Namco, or Ubisoft.

After some consideration, while I think 2B would be cool and a great TGA pick, I don't think the same company would get two picks in one DLC pass. Don't think she's out of contention for post-pass, unless CERO says "Aw hell nah".

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Can we get Chell in Smash? Like, I don't care if Portal gets on Switch, I can play it on any number of systems I own. But Chell would be SUCH a unique Smash character.
I see what you mean. You can teleport others off the stage...with portals.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I see what you mean. You can teleport others off the stage...with portals.
Ok. The portals have to cling to a serface to become portals. You can’t just fire one off stage into the blast zone. I’m interested in having a character who’s more about setting up movement combos rather then damage combos. A kind of.... hit and run character.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ok. The portals have to cling to a serface to become portals. You can’t just fire one off stage into the blast zone. I’m interested in having a character who’s more about setting up movement combos rather then damage combos. A kind of.... hit and run character.
Then simply make a portal on the side or under a stage, even though it would be risky.

Shroob

Sup?

After some consideration, while I think 2B would be cool and a great TGA pick, I don't think the same company would get two picks in one DLC pass. Don't think she's out of contention for post-pass, unless CERO says "Aw hell nah".
All my money on Namco to be blunt.

We may just have some mii costumes gone forever like Megamax EXE or Monster Hunter, but no one can tell me it's not bizarre that we've still yet to get any of the previous Namco costumes

Especially when we got a bundle of ones that appeared in Fighting Games last set yet Heihachi was missing but we got Akira, who has nothing to do with SNK.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

all CERO need to do is make it so you cant see up her dress, make her dress a bit longer, put shorts/leggings on her, ect, other then that stupid feature in her character design, everything else is fine

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I agree actually. For Capcom it would probably be Resident Evil or Devil May Cry. For Namco it would either be Tekken, Digimon, or Dark Souls, and of Rayman is out of the running thanks to spirits then Ezio is probably the best choice for AssCred. Although I would love to see an Assasin’s Creed Hero style character, but apparently that wouldn’t work despite all of them using the same basic weapon iirc (dual hidden blades).

Also, we have a sleeper pick in Kratos and a few dozen other sleeper picks without much going for them but who also don’t have much against them either.

StormC

Smash Hero
I agree actually. For Capcom it would probably be Resident Evil or Devil May Cry. For Namco it would either be Tekken, Digimon, or Dark Souls, and of Rayman is out of the running thanks to spirits then Ezio is probably the best choice for AssCred. Although I would love to see an Assasin’s Creed Hero style character, but apparently that wouldn’t work despite all of them using the same basic weapon iirc (dual hidden blades).

Also, we have a sleeper pick in Kratos and a few dozen other sleeper picks without much going for them but who also don’t have much against them either.
Tales is way more likely than Digimon.

I'm not even gonna touch Kratos lol.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 Say, what if Chell could make portals on the surface of the bodies of other opponents? Not saying she could, but it would allow for some fun surprise attacks, in my opinion.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Then simply make a portal on the side or under a stage, even though it would be risky.
The character's main gimmick would be completely useless in a competitive environment, though, seeing as how stages featuring walls are typically frowned upon.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
All my money on Namco to be blunt.

We may just have some mii costumes gone forever like Megamax EXE or Monster Hunter, but no one can tell me it's not bizarre that we've still yet to get any of the previous Namco costumes

Especially when we got a bundle of ones that appeared in Fighting Games last set yet Heihachi was missing but we got Akira, who has nothing to do with SNK.
I realize it's ironic that I'm the one arguing this, but while that's a good point, Mii costumes haven't exactly been a reliable indicator.

I think Heihachi are in the running, mainly because neither of their costumes are there, and the Tekken team is literally working on Smash. But for all we know, the Lloyd costume, or the Heihachi costume could come with whoever else the character ends up being.

I guess I...half agree?

Shroob

Sup?
I realize it's ironic that I'm the one arguing this, but while that's a good point, Mii costumes haven't exactly been a reliable indicator.

I think Heihachi are in the running, mainly because neither of their costumes are there, and the Tekken team is literally working on Smash. But for all we know, the Lloyd costume, or the Heihachi costume could come with whoever else the character ends up being.

I guess I...half agree?
I mean I'm not saying either character would have to be playable, much like how Joker brought Sega costumes with him.

It's just hella sus that Namco has been 100% absent from costumes.

D

Deleted member

I have good memories of Smash 4 but whenever I go back to look at gameplay I find myself going "Oh god was that really that bad?"
Things like the knockback, Bayonetta/Cloud and the classic "Run up shield" immediately come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom