• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
The following 3rd Party Mii costumes are currently MIA from Smash 4:

- X
- Heihachi
- Lloyd
- Hunter Armor
- Rathalos Armor
- Chocobo
- Geno
- Gil

I'd be willing to bet the final FP character is Lloyd, and the first non-pass fighter is Geno.

If it's not Lloyd, I could see it being a Hunter.
Mii costumes dont come back with every DLC character though, Hero came with new costumes only

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know, it’s really weird to me how much fewer Mii costumes we’re getting compared to Smash4. We got so many more back then. It just confuses me.
Smash 4 DLC also had bonus stages, unlike this time. It feels like this time DLC development is either more focused on Fighter Pass or smaller (or both).

Or maybe Mii costumes weren't selling that well and they decided it wasn't worth it.

Or it's because we got more Mii costumes in the base game iirc.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
You know, it’s really weird to me how much fewer Mii costumes we’re getting compared to Smash4. We got so many more back then. It just confuses me.
I mean

Considering we're getting DLC past the 5, makes sense, doesn't it? We're not limited to the Pass, so drag it out as long as you can. We're most assuredly getting Mii Costumes alongside the Bonus characters.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
So one of the new Pokemon, Grapploct, has this move called Octolock which lockers the opponent in, preventing them from fleeing while also lowering their defence and special defence every turn

All this on a Pokemon with 120 BP attack

I swear they're going all out with Pokebrokeness this gen after a lot of Alola was underwhelming

D

Deleted member

Playing Genji pisses me off. Actually rage quit my last match because I got stomped so bad.

I seriously don't get him. Hes a fun character, but I guess I'm playing him wrong. Idk.
Do you need healing? If not, you’re playing him wrong.

im sorry i had to

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
After playing Terry for a while, I... don't like him very much. Against low-level CPUs he's fine, but I couldn't win against any competent player online. It probably has to do with how bad I am at Command Inputs, as I don't really play traditional fighters (but even then, Ryu and Ken feel better).

His stage and music are cool though.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Geno isn't as popular as he was in the Brawl days tbh. I feel like many other characters surprassed him in popularity, like Dee.

Now with that said, these arguments against Geno have got to be the worst arguments I have ever seen, and this is coming from someone who doesn't want Geno in, like, at all.

osby

Smash Obsessed
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I follow this twitter account that just posts stuff about otters. It’s great.
I am thou, thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.

It shall become the wings of rebellion that breaketh thy chains of captivity.

With the birth of the Doggo Persona, I have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Smash 4 DLC also had bonus stages, unlike this time. It feels like this time DLC development is either more focused on Fighter Pass or smaller (or both).

Or maybe Mii costumes weren't selling that well and they decided it wasn't worth it.

Or it's because we got more Mii costumes in the base game iirc.
I really hope it’s not that. There are a lot of cool Mii fighter costumes I would love to buy.

I hope we also get some bonus stages. I need me a Tetris stage, and I know there are plenty of people who would happily pay for Rainbow Cruise, Orbital Gate Assault, Poké Floats, and Pac-Maze 2. Maybe include some stages from more location-based games like Minecraft and Skyrim.
I mean

Considering we're getting DLC past the 5, makes sense, doesn't it? We're not limited to the Pass, so drag it out as long as you can. We're most assuredly getting Mii Costumes alongside the Bonus characters.
I hope so.

I’m really dissapointed that we may have lost our opportunity for Rareware Mii costumes. Conker, Battletoads, Killer Instinct, Joanna Dark, a lot of people would have loved costumes from all those areas.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So yeah, I think I gushed about Terry enough

So instead, allow me to gush about King of Fighters Stadium

I love the atmosphere and all the SNK characters in the background

I love the ring out mechanic

I love the 50 tracks it comes with

Quite potentially the best stage to come out of the Fighters Pass thus far

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I am thou, thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.

It shall become the wings of rebellion that breaketh thy chains of captivity.

With the birth of the Doggo Persona, I have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power...
I wish it was possible to like posts multiple times because I would be using it here.

D

Deleted member

I hope so.

I’m really dissapointed that we may have lost our opportunity for Rareware Mii costumes. Conker, Battletoads, Killer Instinct, Joanna Dark, a lot of people would have loved costumes from all those areas.
At the end of the day, it's all their decision. If they didn't want to, it's fine.

I was expecting my Athena and Kyo Mii Costume but instead I got Kyokugenryu Blondie and Overrated Edgelord, but I still got my lovely Nature-Lover Shrine Maiden. All of that was enough compensation for the Mai callout.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So yeah, I think I gushed about Terry enough

So instead, allow me to gush about King of Fighters Stadium

I love the atmosphere and all the SNK characters in the background

I love the ring out mechanic

I love the 50 tracks it comes with

Quite potentially the best stage to come out of the Fighters Pass thus far
Kind of surprised we didn’t get a Nakoruru cameo in it. She got a spirit, a Mii costume, and was in KoF a few times as both a playable character and a striker.

D

Deleted member

Kind of surprised we didn’t get a Nakoruru cameo in it. She got a spirit, a Mii costume, and was in KoF a few times as both a playable character and a striker.
It's better than nothing tbh =)

I just screamed at the top of my lungs when they showed my fam at the background!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Honestly, I'm just happy that we got the aforementioned mii costume, as well as a killer remix of her theme.

Banquet of Nature is legitimately up there as one of my favorite remixes in the game. Listening to it right now, actually.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai's coming to your house and deleting your main personally for insulting his fave like that.

You have 24 hours to say goodbye.
And that’s how you know it’s not just Sakurai adding his favorite characters. He clearly loves SNK and it’s games, but it’s obvious that if he had a totally free run of who to pick from their lineup, it would have been Iori.

osby

Smash Obsessed
And that’s how you know it’s not just Sakurai adding his favorite characters. He clearly loves SNK and it’s games, but it’s obvious that if he had a totally free run of who to pick from their lineup, it would have been Iori.
I have no idea what you're talking about, he's already in:

1573132166812.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Btw, the Fatal Fury stage is very fun. The ring out mechanic should have been in the Street Fighter stage tbh.
It really should be labeled as KoF. I’m not talking about the series symbol or whatever. I’m talking about the stage select menu. In the top right corner it has the logo of the game of origin for each stage (Mario Sunshine for Delfino Plaza, etc etc.). This stage has NEVER appeared in Fatal Fury. It mostly takes after it’s appearance in King if Fighters XII. So it should be appropriately labeled.

Yes. I know I’m the only one who really cares but it bothers the HELL out of me. Everything else is accurately and consistently labeled and nothing from Terry’s pack is.

D

Deleted member

It really should be labeled as KoF. I’m not talking about the series symbol or whatever. I’m talking about the stage select menu. In the top right corner it has the logo of the game of origin for each stage (Mario Sunshine for Delfino Plaza, etc etc.). This stage has NEVER appeared in Fatal Fury. It mostly takes after it’s appearance in King if Fighters XII. So it should be appropriately labeled.

Yes. I know I’m the only one who really cares but it bothers the HELL out of me. Everything else is accurately and consistently labeled and nothing from Terry’s pack is.
It's not thatttt big of a deal, is it? It's a super minor thing, it's not like Sakurai said "haha, no Terry for you!" and just snapped him out of the game, this is the series label we're talking about.

D

Deleted member

I just realized that Fatal Fury/King of Fighters/SNK has the most songs out of any third party franchise that has ever been in Smash.

No joke. I just checked my Switch today for comparison.

Sakurai bias is real. Square has no jams.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just realized that Fatal Fury/King of Fighters/SNK has the most songs out of any third party franchise that has ever been in Smash.

No joke. I just checked my Switch today for comparison.

Sakurai bias is real. Square has no jams.
To be fair, he didn't expect to get that many songs, like he said in the direct, he expected 10 or 20 at best of the 50 he & his team choosed made it in, it's only SNK being "OK" with them using all 50 that lead to the selection we have now.

That, and Castlevania got quit alot of love too, music wise.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, Magicant is labeled as Earthbound even though it's the one from Mother 1/Earthbound Beginnings, and that kinda bothers me as well.
Same. It’s such a small detail but when you notice it bothers the crap out of you. It’s like, they pay such close attention to everything that the small things that slip through the cracks really stand out.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

its not labled KoF because its not FROM KoF. Its based on the King of Fighters tournament in FF, not based on the game, The King of Fighters

Sakurai legit explained that int he presentation

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
To be fair, he didn't expect to get that many songs, like he said in the direct, he expected 10 or 20 at best of the 50 he & his team choosed made it in, it's only SNK being "OK" with them using all 50 that lead to the selection we have now.

That, and Castlevania got quit alot of love too, music wise.
Cue "because Castlevania also has Sakurai bias!" comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom