• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs @Shroob

Just so you guys know, I'm locking down my "Conversation" thing so no one can send me anything, but I just want you two to know that it has nothing to do with you two.
I'm like mildly curious why you did that, but I don't think I wanna know.

also my inbox has been locked for months now, not that big of a deal for me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You refuse to listen, dont you. You insist on being stubborn, dont you

Because in DK, he wasnt Mario, he was Jumpman as in his identity of Mario was even made yet
I'm not being stubborn. You are. Yes. That was the name of the tournament in Fatal Fury. But that STAGE. That Arena. That Location. Was not. You know where it was? King of Fighters. It is not a Fatal Fury Location, it's a King of Fighters location. So why not just give Terry and KoF Stadium different series symbols?

D

Deleted member

I'm not being stubborn. You are. Yes. That was the name of the tournament in Fatal Fury. But that STAGE. That Arena. That Location. Was not. You know where it was? King of Fighters. It is not a Fatal Fury Location, it's a King of Fighters location. So why not just give Terry and KoF Stadium different series symbols?
The way you're acting is the definition of Stubborn lmao
Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 9.18.26 AM.png

D

Deleted member

Okay then. I can get past Terry then.

But why is a stage that was never from Fatal Fury labeled as Fatal Fury? There’s no rule that says the stage and the character have to have the same series symbol.
*Shrugs* Don't know; probably to not cause confusion as to which character its paired with. I mean, to be fair, the original Fatal Fury game was called "Fatal Fury: King of Fighters" and since that whole tournament name came from that game, it's not outside the realm of thought to imagine that they'd have an arena for their tournament like that lol.

Anyway, on the topic of Overwatch, I've been playing that since it debuted on PS4. I've had periods of time where I'm not playing for awhile (like 6 month breaks or so), but I've gotten fairly good with characters from every category.

Some of them can be pretty situational, like Winston. I love using Winston, but if they enemy team has a Reaper and 2 barrier tanks, its generally not a good time for him. Winston is meant to jump in, disrupt the back line (and possibly take out a support hero) and then jump out. He's not really meant to be a super team killer. Even his Ult is designed purely around disruption as he goes nuts, jumping around, swinging wildly and knocking people every which way. It's meant to disorient the team and separate them from one another for your team to pick them off. Back when the game was brand new, a lot of people didin't really get that about Winston and thought the character was dumb because he couldn't outright take people out easily.

As far as the characters I'm good with:

Tank- Roadhog, Reinhardt, Orisa, D.Va (though I haven't used her in awhile) and I'm getting better with Zarya (I prefer her on King of the Hill maps) and Sigma

DPS- Mei (fantastic 1v1 and great at stalling), Soldier (handy all-around), Pharah (fewer people seem to have characters to handle Pharah right now), Reaper (hard not to be good with him; get close, shoot, wraith away), Junkrat (arcing grenades and trapping certain spots becomes an art form at some point), and Ashe (getting better with her)

Support- Zen (Discord Orb is great; Healing Orb on Roadhog makes a good Roadhog invincible; and Zen's ult saves people every time), Moira (great primary healer who is able to defend herself), Baptiste (healing grenade is great for keeping your Tanks alive; Immortality field is indespensible; Ult is pretty useful when coordinating with teammates), and Mercy (easy to use and great healing; its a shame her old Ult is no longer a thing).

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Does it really matter what the stage is based on? There hasn't been a new Fatal Fury game since 1999 apparently, so King of Fighters might as well just be a continuation of the series rather than a spin-off anyway.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Does it really matter what the stage is based on? There hasn't been a new Fatal Fury game since 1999 apparently, so King of Fighters might as well just be a continuation of the series rather than a spin-off anyway.
IDK. I just like things being properly labled. Even if it has to have the fatal fury symbol, i wish it had the KoF logo on the stage select screen like how Luigi's Mansion and Mario Sunshine and Mother 3 and all that have their specific logos.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
My friend, KoF is a tournament that made it's debut appearance in Fatal Fury. KoF later became a spin-off franchise from Fatal Fury. Simply put, without Fatal Fury, there'd be no KoF. Considering that KoF is a subsidiary from Fatal Fury, it can easily be labeled as a Fatal Fury stage.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My friend, KoF is a tournament that made it's debut appearance in Fatal Fury. KoF later became a spin-off franchise from Fatal Fury. Simply put, without Fatal Fury, there'd be no KoF. Considering that KoF is a subsidiary from Fatal Fury, it can easily be labeled as a Fatal Fury stage.
So is Kyo a Fatal Fury character?

Or is Joker a Shin Megami Tensei character?

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
IDK. I just like things being properly labled. Even if it has to have the fatal fury symbol, i wish it had the KoF logo on the stage select screen like how Luigi's Mansion and Mario Sunshine and Mother 3 and all that have their specific logos.
Considering it's not actually a stage that actually existed in any game before Smash, it's just loosely based on ideas from various stages, they might as well give it the series symbol of the game that the tournament first appeared in... which is what they did.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Considering it's not actually a stage that actually existed in any game before Smash, it's just loosely based on ideas from various stages, they might as well give it the series symbol of the game that the tournament first appeared in... which is what they did.
I don't know what you're seeing. But It looks a lot like the KoF Stadium from KoF14 and the wiki tells me that it's almost identical to the one from KoF12.

D

Deleted member

You know what, I'm not even going to bother debating with Snake, I got work to do.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
We talking OW characters? Let's see...
Favorites:
Tank: Reinhardt and Zarya
Damage: Junkrat and Mei (McCree and Ashe for their Wild West aesthetic)
Support: Mercy/Moira (if I wanna take it easy) and Ana (when I'm in the right mood for something more serious)

Least favorites:
Tank: Orisa (probably the most boring character to use) and Hammond (I swear, that hook only works like 50% of the time)
Damage: Soldier (he's pretty much Mr. Generic, pretty boring)
Support: Brigitte (feels like they don't even know what they want her to be, she plays like a front liner, but is way too frail for that role)
Now that you mention it... i'll share my least favorites too.

Tank: Roadhog. He's always been my most hated character. Very annoying playstyle. He's the worst, screw him lol

Damage: Mei. Slows down play far too much and if you arent playing bunker and yet a teammate picks Mei, prepare for some blocked off paths and aggravation.

Support: Brigitte. The figurehead of the infamous goats comp that finally got nerfed after being around for 3 or 4 competitive seasons. Im glad she got nerfed too, because she was a damage hero killer and dictated the meta far too much. But with her nerfs, now my Tracer can unleash revenge. And it's been fun so far to punch back. :demon:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Well, I won't disagree with that, it's just memorizing all these button patterns that I have a problem with. It isn't really that big of a problem in casual play, but if you want to use Terry competitively, memorizing all those commands(and being able to use them at a moments notice) is pretty much a requirement to do well.

It's the main reason I don't main Ryu or Ken anymore: It was annoying to memorize all of the button inputs AND be able to do em at a moments notice.
Be glad you don't play Guilty Gear or BlazBlue. That's the whole game right there (I mean, Dizzy's Instant Kill has a crazy input, and so did Hazama's Astral finish)

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I don't know what you're seeing. But It looks a lot like the KoF Stadium from KoF14 and the wiki tells me that it's almost identical to the one from KoF12.
You don't know what I'm saying? I made it pretty clear.

And I can't see anything on the Wiki that says it's "nearly identical" to anything, it says it takes various design elements from stages throughout the series. You're just going to have to deal with the fact that King of Fighters originally comes from Fatal Fury.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
FWIW, I understand where you're coming from with the stage. It is labelled KoF (even if it is for the tournament in Fatal Fury), and it does give me real KoF vibes with the color palette and character representation. At this point, I feel like we should just come together and consider Fatal Fury and KoF intrinsically linked like Donkey Kong/Mario/Yoshi. Spin-offs linked together with characters

let's all be friends guys :)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
FWIW, I understand where you're coming from with the stage. It is labelled KoF (even if it is for the tournament in Fatal Fury), and it does give me real KoF vibes with the color palette and character representation. At this point, I feel like we should just come together and consider Fatal Fury and KoF intrinsically linked like Donkey Kong/Mario/Yoshi. Spin-offs linked together with characters

let's all be friends guys :)
To be honest, I don't even know why it turned into a fight? Can't we just acknowledge that Terry is from Fatal Fury but the Stage is from King of Fighters and Sakurai just made a weird decision?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
KoF is to Fatal Fury as Persona is to SMT.
A spin-off that eclipses the original.

D

Deleted member

To be honest, I don't even know why it turned into a fight? Can't we just acknowledge that Terry is from Fatal Fury but the Stage is from King of Fighters and Sakurai just made a weird decision?
N O

In all seriousness, i don't see where Sakurai made a weird decision. He labeled em correctly. Just that Terry and his stage are based on 2 different franchises(one being a spinoff of the other)

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't even matter who calls it what, the two are so darn close that you can make the case for either.

It isn't hurting anyone to call it that, even if people can refute it, the worst thing that happens is a disagreement about a thing in a video game. This is far from conducive conversation and is all just semantic stuff :p

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sabi says he’s excited for the VGAs while including a winky face.

The discussion this week has been about Smash including people asking him about Caco and Mallow.

The next Smash Bros. Amiibo wave is in January so we could very well get a reveal next month.

Hmm.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

The discussion this week has been about Smash including people asking him about Caco and Mallow.

The next Smash Bros. Amiibo wave is in January so we could very well get a reveal next month.

Hmm.
Wait.. I thought Sabi was a she?
Um. Good morning, did I come at a bad time again?
Nah. I'm over it.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I got an idea for a custom arena event in the HG sim tomorrow:

Bowser appears in the arena and attacks!
Survivors would hide or attack Bowser
Bowser would kidnap those who decide to put on a Peach dress, eliminating them from the game.
If unlucky, he becomes Giga Bowser and one punch KOs 3 opponents.
So that’s my contribution. I will accept 3 other bonus arena events.

D

Deleted member

Wait.. I thought Sabi was a she?

Nah. I'm over it.
Probably TheCJBrine TheCJBrine is SEXIST! get him!
Probably what I like to call "insert gender" where you tend to use your own gender to refer to someone if you don't know a person's gender.

edit: wait no **** it's TheCJBrine TheCJBrine

edit 2: I can't even with this logic

Last edited by a moderator:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman

Hmm.
Do we have any idea when the :ultjoker: amiibo is dropping? It's a must buy for me

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Favs
DPS - Pharah/Symmetra
Tank - tough to say, I like 'em all, depends on the map/gametype
Support - literally all of them, though my "main" would be Lucio

Least favs
DPS - Widow (potato aim/conceptually disliking the class being able to oppress the entire team into never not hiding behind shields)
Tank - Wrecking Ball but not by much (he's fun, but I wouldn't say I've had enough time on him to justify seriously picking him), new/nerfed Zarya
Support - New Brig, old/OG Sym (back when she gave out shields, had TP as her ult and had to manually place turrets)

Truthfully I like swapping around constantly/never stick on one hero for long. I'm curious to see how the new stuff pans out for OW2. Talents seem neat.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I got an idea for a custom arena event in the HG sim tomorrow:

Bowser appears in the arena and attacks!
Survivors would hide or attack Bowser
Bowser would kidnap those who decide to put on a Peach dress, eliminating them from the game.
If unlucky, he becomes Giga Bowser and one punch KOs 3 opponents.
So that’s my contribution. I will accept 3 other bonus arena events.
Make people. Crack Shoot out of the arena

no I Didnt SD myself with Terry doing that, nope, what do you mean

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
At least The Game Awards aren't that long a wait. They're in just a little over a month. That will fly by, especially if you have exams. Not to mention the holiday.

That reminds me, the Japaneese high school experience I'm seeing in Persona 5 reminds me way more of American College than American High School. God, if that's what their high school is like I can only imagine Japanese college.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean, he is called ROCK man in Japan lol. Not to mention his rival (after Protoman) was named Bass who had his own dog like Megaman and its name was Treble. Oh..and almost forgot, Megaman's sister's name is Roll...Rock & Roll in Japan lol.
Speaking of Protoman, he had the same joke, being called Blues in Japan.

I don't think there were music jokes beyond these 5, though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom