• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If Sabi legitimately knew who the next character was, she'd be doing a lot more teasing than what she's doing right now.

I'm just gonna guess and say she doesn't actually know who the next character is, but she wants everyone to continue thinking of her as some kind of insider who knows this stuff long before anyone else.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
If Sabi legitimately knew who the next character was, she'd be doing a lot more teasing than what she's doing right now.

I'm just gonna guess and say she doesn't actually know who the next character is, but she wants everyone to continue thinking of her as some kind of insider who knows this stuff long before anyone else.
Sounds about right. Doesn't seem like Verge knows either, there's still been no comment from him right?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Terry has only been out a day and I guarantee you every single Terry player has done exactly that.
It's actually easier for me to do the inputs and only use the A button with Terry because of the whole accidental crackshoot problem.

I mean, we were all thinking they'd show us something at The Game Awards anyway, so it's not like it changes anything.

Last edited:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
It's actually easier for me to do the inputs and only use the A button with Terry because of the whole accidental crackshoot problem.
Honestly, When I'm off stage with Terrence I play opposite to the shotos. I feel inclined to use the command because I'm boned otherwise not like he can survive if he's super deep though, Rising Tackle is real bad for recovery

EDIT: spelling

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, When I'm off stage with Terrence I play opposite to the shotos. I feel inclined to use the command because I'm boned otherwise not like he can survive if he's super deep though, Rising Tackle is real bad for recovery

EDIT: spelling
My god it sucks so bad. I'm glad his stage doesn't really require you to recover thanks to it's gimmick.

And yeah, same. I can never get Ryu or Ken's commands to work as anything other than accidents. But Terry's work just fine.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
My god it sucks so bad. I'm glad his stage doesn't really require you to recover thanks to it's gimmick.

And yeah, same. I can never get Ryu or Ken's commands to work as anything other than accidents. But Terry's work just fine.
Speaking of, does anyone else think Terry's recovery is Mac tier, or am I just spoiled as a Joker main?

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Protoman, he had the same joke, being called Blues in Japan.

I don't think there were music jokes beyond these 5, though?
Axl is named after Axel Rose I think....maybe. And I think there was another game were the bosses of X6 or X7 (one of the X's) were named after band members I think.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Like, if you were talking about Yoshi's island.....yeah, no, that was 5 years later than SMW.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Sabi may know something, they're not without sources, but that tweet is so vague that literally anything can happen (and c'mon it's the VGAs, something will) and they can go 'see, told you so!'

D

Deleted member

Now that you mention it... i'll share my least favorites too.

Tank: Roadhog. He's always been my most hated character. Very annoying playstyle. He's the worst, screw him lol
You are telling me you aren't missing Hook 1.0?

Sometimes I do miss old OW, as janky as it might've been. Hook 1.0, Mercy's 5 man rez, Junkrat's "SHIEEELD GENERATOR" voice line, nano speed boost, creating armor as torb and, best of all, no Doomfist. Hell, sometimes I even miss Scatter Arrow.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Speaking of Protoman, he had the same joke, being called Blues in Japan.

I don't think there were music jokes beyond these 5, though?
There's a lot actually.

Rush, while named after another Capcom game, is also the name of a band. Mega Man's bird is named Beat. There's a cat named Tango. Wily's bird Reggae, and Duo, who's the space robot.

Outside of the Classic series, obviously there's the other Rockmen, but Tron Bonne is a play on Trombone, and Battle Network has a character named Serenade. Starforce has a character named Solo.

D

Deleted member

@Blackmage Kuja
You were off there...Yoshi did appeared in SMW first.
Ah you're right. I thought the Yoshi game on the NES would be before the Super Mario World game that debuted on the SNES. Guess they were still coming out with NES games while introducing the SNES. That used to be common practice for companies, but Nintendo always seemed to drop their old console like a ton of bricks when they had a shiny new one on the market lol.

You are telling me you aren't missing Hook 1.0?

Sometimes I do miss old OW, as janky as it might've been. Hook 1.0, Mercy's 5 man rez, Junkrat's "SHIEEELD GENERATOR" voice line, nano speed boost, creating armor as torb and, best of all, no Doomfist. Hell, sometimes I even miss Scatter Arrow.
You obviously weren't hit with it enough. I absolutely LOATHED Hanzo because of that. Just insta-delete a full health tank because you shot that at their feet. Total horse crap. He still has arrows with hitboxes the size of tree trunks which annoy the ever-lasting *&*$ out of me, but at least he takes more skill now since you have to aim his new move (and people suck with Hanzo).

EDIT: Sorry mods; didn't mean to double post

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Speaking of Hanzo,

>enters a skirmish
>says hi to an enemy Symmetra and Widow
>they both kill me
>Widow thanks me
>I respawning
>kill them both with melee
>"thanks"

Slime Master

Smash Ace
One thing I've really appreciated about Terry's inputs is that, aside from power geyser and maybe power dunk (I haven't gotten the input down for the latter so I haven't been going for it), they all end in the direction you would have been pressing to use the non-input version anyway; even buster wolf is similar enough to burning knuckle that ending on the forward feels intuitive. This is nice because it means I can always press B when ending my inputs and if I messed up, I'm probably still going to get a weaker version of what I wanted, whereas with Ken or Ryu, I have to choose whether messing up my Hadoken and getting a Tatsu or an ftilt or fsmash is more palatable.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Aw, did I miss Overwatch favs?

Zenyatta and Moira are my go-to supports.

Roadhog, Wrecking Ball, and Sigma are the only tanks I really like playing.

Every damage-dealer is fun to play. Except Tracer and Sombra. :081:

D

Deleted member

You obviously weren't hit with it enough. I absolutely LOATHED Hanzo because of that. Just insta-delete a full health tank because you shot that at their feet. Total horse crap. He still has arrows with hitboxes the size of tree trunks which annoy the ever-lasting *&*$ out of me, but at least he takes more skill now since you have to aim his new move (and people suck with Hanzo).

EDIT: Sorry mods; didn't mean to double post
Dude, I've been playing since release, I know all that. Doesn't mean I can't be nostalgic for the more janky stuff. And I'd take Scatter over Storm anyday, Storm is terrible, allowing even the worst Hanzo to shoot a barrage at you in panic. With Scatter they at least only had one shot, screw it up and your abilitiy's gone. It also had much better synergy with his Sonar Arrows.

Not to mention, Storm can actually headshot you, which Scatter couldn't, Have fun getting a random crit by a Hanzo who is just flailing his mouse around in your general direction. Was Scatter the most balanced ability? No, but I sure prefer it over his pseudo SMG he has now. There had to have been ways to balance him in an other way, instead of changing one bad ability for another.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Imagine this.

We get an mini-Smash direct on the 7th of December in response to the games 1 year anniversary revealing an character.

We then get another character revealed 5 days after at the VGA.

D

Deleted member

I've never had Taco Bell, I don't even think we have it in this country, though from all the stories I've heard, I'm not sure whether it's a good or bad thing.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I've never had Taco Bell, I don't even think we have it in this country, though from all the stories I've heard, I'm not sure whether it's a good or bad thing.
It depends.
Taco Bell is either a tasty God-send or alternatively, you'll be on the toilet for a few hours. There's no in-between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom