• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Speaking of magic, while I was bored at work, my mind wandered on the idea of a new Mii Fighter class based more on magic called Mii Spellcaster. Probably not an original idea but me being the guy who has an affinity for magic in fiction, I wanted to think more on how it could work and if anyone would be interested in helping me out with ideas for this?

D

Deleted member

Speaking of magic, while I was bored at work, my mind wandered on the idea of a new Mii Fighter class based more on magic called Mii Spellcaster. Probably not an original idea but me being the guy who has an affinity for magic in fiction, I wanted to think more on how it could work and if anyone would be interested in helping me out with ideas for this?
I would be glad to help.

For starters, the grab could be animated similar to Robin’s move on which they absorb health from the opponent. Obviously without the health absorb element.

Their specials could applh the classic RPG set of spells: fire, ice, electricity and plants. Maybe apply each element for each set of special moves.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I think that the moveset would basically be magic attacks, but magic attacks that feel unique to the Miis. Something that would only work for a Mii.

D

Deleted member

If someone is having trouble with Terry’s commands, I suggest to check the move list at the pause menu.

It describes each combo Terry has at full detail.

It is also worth to remember that Bustah Wolf can only be used when the “GO!” icon appears on the player icon.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @JDCabrera
I’m thinking it would be inspired by characters like :ultzelda::ultmewtwo::ultpalutena::ultrosalina::ultrobin::ulthero:, give me a bit to gather what I had in mind in terms of moves
Ah I see. Well in that case...

1. Definitely add some sort of reflector. Those seem to be a running theme with these magic folk.
2. Try some chargeable attacks. They leave you open to be attacked, but they deal some good damage.
3. Maybe he could have some sort of meter, like with Robin, but make it unique to the Mii Mage, or whatever we are calling it.

I'm not very good with ideas, but hopefully these can kinda give you some inspiration.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm dedicated and watched the entire Terry Bogard announcement video with my free time, and I still want to play him as soon as possible.

1. Terry and just his series overall was given a lot of love from Sakurai, and I can imagine the nostalgia trip he himself experienced, given his history with fighting games.

2. I'm glad I got to see Kyo Kusanagi in Smash, even if he isn't playable. Same goes for Iori Yagami and the rest of the about 20 characters who make cameos. Mai Shiranui can rest in peace, though.

3. I'm also personally glad we didn't get a character reveal here, mainly because I didn't want to see Terry get overshadowed again.

4. Link did nothing wrong.

5. I have played a few SNK games in the past, but I should learn to do command inputs again. Even then, Terry may be less difficult to master than Ryu and Ken in regards to this anyway.

6. Isn't it amazing how many franchises are represented in Ultimate alone? This game is the epitome of videogame crossovers, and there's still a lot more to come.

7. Ryu Hayabusa for Smash.

D

Deleted member

Training mode is without a doubt the best way to practice Terry’s commands.

R O F L

Smash Ace
So in terms of gameplay and fun how would you rate each of the DLC fighters so far?

:ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:Terry
Okay, I guess I'll do this.
I've ranked them worst to best.

:ulthero:: Probably my least favorite of the DLC fighters. His moves are slow, and just generally boring besides Side-B and Down-B. Also RNG just plainly sucks. He's fun in FFAs, but i'm never going to find myself using him outside of that.

:ultpiranha:: It's just incredibly slow and pretty much relies on just it's specials, mostly it's Neutral. I found it fun to use when it came out, but now I never find myself using the plant because of how slow-paced and projectile reliant it is. However, it's better than Hero just because it's a piranha plant.

:ultjoker:: Not the biggest fan of Joker, but his moveset feels very satisfying to use. He's nice, and I use him on occasion.

Terry: He is a fun version of Ryu.

:ultbanjokazooie:: It's banjo and kazooie, and their moves come from their games, and they are incredibly fun to use. How are they not the best?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I definitely want to include a magic seal into their attacks like this
C287FF0C-C693-44A6-9C35-8D9EE9AFE400.jpeg

Could see it spinning around their feet for down special, summoning one to hop off of in an up special, as a shielding move, etc.

I could also see Warping as an up special as well as inheriting Celestial Fireworks from :ultpalutena: as a down. Maybe healing could be another down special? But yeah I could see the neutrals dealing with Fire, Ice and Lightning respectively. An idea I had for lightning is a close range attack where they trap opponents by quickly drawing a lightning bolt symbol (in a similar fashion to Cross Slash) and summoning a flash of lightning in the process.

1. Definitely add some sort of reflector. Those seem to be a running theme with these magic folk.
Maybe it could be either like :ultrosalina: down special or even like :ultvillager: Pocket.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 245584

Could see it spinning around their feet for down special, summoning one to hop off of in an up special, as a shielding move, etc.

I could also see Warping as an up special as well as inheriting Celestial Fireworks from :ultpalutena: as a down. Maybe healing could be another down special? But yeah I could see the neutrals dealing with Fire, Ice and Lightning respectively. An idea I had for lightning is a close range attack where they trap opponents by quickly drawing a lightning bolt symbol (in a similar fashion to Cross Slash) and summoning a flash of lightning in the process.

Maybe it could be either like :ultrosalina: down special or even like :ultvillager: Pocket.
I could see the magic seal working as a neutral.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Glad playing all those traditional fighting games has helped me out on the command inputs of Ryu, Ken, and Terry.

Shame I can't use the d-pad for it too.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

View attachment 245584

Maybe this could be incorporated into their shield? But maybe it could be a more unique shield. Not only would it protect you, but since it's magic, maybe it could reflect projectiles? I'm thinking something like Dark Meta Knight's shield in Kirby Star Allies. It would make the reflected projectile rather weak, though. Maybe just about 5%. It's kind of a weird concept, but it could be cool with enough tweaking.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Your boy's already a demon in terms of speed and has a pretty nice combo game, yet you want MORE?!
His grab game is still a horror show. If he has to take a big risk with trying to grab opponents, at least make it worth it. Also have you seen some of his hitboxes? Other than down air they're pretty pitiful

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I also had in mind a special that summons a broom they could ride on for a bit, though I’m wondering if it would work more as a side or up special.

Maybe this could be incorporated into their shield? But maybe it could be a more unique shield. Not only would it protect you, but since it's magic, maybe it could reflect projectiles? I'm thinking something like Dark Meta Knight's shield in Kirby Star Allies. It would make the reflected projectile rather weak, though. Maybe just about 5%. It's kind of a weird concept, but it could be cool with enough tweaking.
Hopefully that won’t make things too unbalanced.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just glad this presentation killed every fan rule with one simple statement.

There's only one rule, and that is that they have to be from a video game(or hardware lol)

Also, CERO may be a small hiccup but that's workaroundable.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
All right so I kept my eyes and ears away from the "leaks" for the mostpart. Seems they turned out to be a bunch of baloney, again?

Shroob

Sup?
All right so I kept my eyes and ears away from the "leaks" for the mostpart. Seems they turned out to be a bunch of baloney, again?
Only thing still standing is the mii costume video, and that's because there isn't enough evidence one way or another.

D

Deleted member

Things aren’t clear yet.

Doh I suggest to not take them 100% seriously unless they become real.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Old and super common opinion, but I really don't like the new version of All-Star Mode.
Same, I miss the old version. I miss a lot of the old modes. One thing they did right with the modes this time though was the personalized classic paths. Made it a lot less tedious to play through with every character.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I thought of a custom arena event for the HG sim running on Friday.

I will accept 3 additional ones for fun. Will any be used? We shall see...

Shroob

Sup?
So

We need an image edit of Double D from Ed, Edd and Eddy holding his book open with Sakurais statement in the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom