• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
The one part I love about the DLC cycle is just that

It seems like Sakurai is having

FUN

He's able to do **** that he loves and enjoys while gushing over it.

That just, I dunno, makes me happy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Back. Decided to try out Trucker Ken.

Overall really fun character. I'll definitely be using him again. If I had to rate the DLC fights in terms of most fun using.

1. British Duck Hunt
2. Trucker Ken
3. Plant in a Pot
4. Anime Link
5. Bayonetta's son
Calling Hero "Anime Link" doesn't really work when Link is already Anime Link.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Playing Genji pisses me off. Actually rage quit my last match because I got stomped so bad.

I seriously don't get him. Hes a fun character, but I guess I'm playing him wrong. Idk.
Genji is arguably the hardest character to master in the game. He's fast and has decent range, but the problem is that his health is poor and he has no way to recover his health. At least other squishies like Tracer and Sombra can recall or translocate... Genji, on the other hand, has to either rely on deflecting or pray that your Mercy (or healer in general) is present with you if your health gets low.

Not to mention that while his shurikens get decent range, you have to aim them precisely. And you gotta use his sword rush move well, because if it misses or if it's not used properly... you'll probably be in for a world of hurt, but when used properly he's very deadly. Oh, and you gotta use his wall climb ability well.

His ultimate, while being very strong, also has shorter range than other ultimates. It's the dragon sword after all, a melee weapon. It's not like you can be at a distance and get some good damage like with Soldier or D.Va.

Genji's fun, but he's very hard to master. I love him, but I only use him on occasion because I'm better with easier damage heroes like Junkrat.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I was asked earlier (@Connorb0t2 ) about the Reimu leak. The Reimu leak wasn’t struck down because of music amounts, but because of the picture they posted being already available and, as that supported their credibility under the false pretense that it was real, they lost cred because of it.
Yeah, it was just a joke because the music is a reason people used against it before the picture being found elsewhere.

Though now apparently the leaker's image has differences in compression, with some artifacts being smoothed out and the orange color from the Twitter image being more of a faded yellow in the leaker's, so idk.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Espurr over the starters even if he has one is really weird:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I was asked earlier (@Connorb0t2 ) about the Reimu leak. The Reimu leak wasn’t struck down because of music amounts, but because of the picture they posted being already available and, as that supported their credibility under the false pretense that it was real, they lost cred because of it.
Um actually there's 2 things of note:
1. The image itself is not related to Smash. The person thought it was a leak for Touhou 17.5 (I'm not typing the titles out as they're essentially paragraphs at this point), posted it, but realized it was from Twilight Frontier and deleted it. Not Smash related at all and never claimed to be Smash which is what this "rumor" (not calling it a leak because it really is more a rumor than a leak) is.

2. The bigger point: The Reimu for Smash Discord found that the image was compressed on the Twitter while the original leaked image was not. I admit I'm no expert on artifacting (funny how I'm going to School for Media), but someone in the Reimu thread here knew someone. They said that since there was artifacting the two images are from the same source. So that means the person here likely has connections to Tasofro (Touhou 17.5 devs) and thus likely has Doujin Circle info.

It sounds like some ridiculous conspiracy theory, but it happened.

Of course, the Mii costume "leak" drove attention to Doomguy and Geno, but that's another story.

Edit: Fixed a grammatical error

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Espurr over the starters even if he has one is really weird:
I guess it makes some sense for when Synga variants come out. Not enough starters to go around. Though I would have saved Espurr for Emma (he gets male, she gets female?).

Will probably save my gems for now, especially since they're being generous with the current daily update (basically a free pull every day for two weeks) and that there is already a Psychic 5 Star event going on right now. Leaf has been confirmed through data hacking so I definitely want her, Red, and Cynthia. I also have yet to pull Kris or the other protagonists.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Man, it’s really slowed down around here.
I don't mind that, to be honest. We could use a little more calm.

Especially once SwSh come out, because once those are out, people here are likely going to be ****ting on them nonstop. I'm actually considering going to the dedicated Pokemon thread to find my trades, because I simply don't trust this place to be fair for those who are going to play the games. At least in the Pokemon thread, it's more expected.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't mind that, to be honest. We could use a little more calm.

Especially once SwSh come out, because once those are out, people here are likely going to be ****ting on them nonstop. I'm actually considering going to the dedicated Pokemon thread to find my trades, because I simply don't trust this place to be fair for those who are going to play the games. At least in the Pokemon thread, it's more expected.
I guess, you're right. Let us hope this calmness lasts before the next reveal or leak.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
My whole family went to bed at like 8:00 and i'm dying or boredom, what are you guys doing tonight?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I saw your post about a Smash Mini-Direct and VGA, Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester , and I, personally, would love to see a Smash Mini-Direct, even if it were short, because of having little stuff to show off.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Tbh if we were getting a smash reveal this month idk why they wouldn't have just shown it off today, unfortunately we probably gotta wait til December.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom