• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Almost got all the spirits now. I haven't gotten Terry yet but I noticed Geese's spirit in the shop..for 15,000 coins. How bs is the spirit battle?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I guess it makes some sense for when Synga variants come out. Not enough starters to go around. Though I would have saved Espurr for Emma (he gets male, she gets female?).

Will probably save my gems for now, especially since they're being generous with the current daily update (basically a free pull every day for two weeks) and that there is already a Psychic 5 Star event going on right now. Leaf has been confirmed through data hacking so I definitely want her, Red, and Cynthia. I also have yet to pull Kris or the other protagonists.
Leaf should be pretty good.

so far I only have kris Lyra and phoebe. I’m hoping to get Brendan as I’ve been using the daily summons with no luck yet. Good luck to you though in future pulls

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Two things.

So, I just got promoted in Overwatch.

And I just got the Sól Legendary Skin for Brigitte.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Maybe it's because I haven't tried Terry yet, but I still want fighter number 5, or 6, counting Piranha Plant, revealed soon.
I'm starting to worry. I've always been operating under the assumption that if they were saving it for the Game Awards it would have to be a really big reveal. But I'm starting to worry it might not be. I really wish we would just get told who's coming.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
It's really not that hard, none of the DLC Spirit battles have been very hard actually.
Which is disappointing. The legendary spirits don't have that challenge to them. The Persona one was ridiculously easy.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm starting to worry. I've always been operating under the assumption that if they were saving it for the Game Awards it would have to be a really big reveal. But I'm starting to worry it might not be. I really wish we would just get told who's coming.
Well, there is still a chance there will be a reveal before the VGA. I personally think they will reveal the fifth pass fighter before the VGA, which will show a post pass fighter.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Geno or Doom would be pretty big reveals, y'know if the rumor's true. But yeah, I wish we didn't have so long to wait.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Bulter Outfit + Saki Amamiya Wig = King :ultbrawler:
I think King's better off with regular Mii hair. Saki's ponytail doesn't match her. I saw a King Mii with the ID 5WT95TLV that looks good.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Just tried out Terry. I was excited for him because I'm a big fan of his ridiculous Engrish, but I didn't expect I'd be able to really play him because I thought he'd be too technical. It's what's scared me away from ever touching Ryu or Ken.

I'm actually loving him and not having that much trouble with his inputs. I was surprised by how much I was crushing CPU's. I'm now hoping to practice him bit by bit until Thanksgiving time when my brother comes home and he, my other brother, and I all play Smash again, and they have no idea I'll have been practicing Terry and just confuse the hell out of them.

Maybe I should buy a Fatal Fury hat to complete the experience.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Geno or Doom would be pretty big reveals, y'know if the rumor's true. But yeah, I wish we didn't have so long to wait.
I’m just worried. Usually when I get an idea of how I would like something to happen it almost never does happen that way. The only time I can remember one of my predictions/ideas actually happened was the Hero/Banjo reveal. Sometimes I worry that just by thinking about it happening I prevent it from happening.

It could just be pessimism. Which I’m trying to get better about. But it still makes me worry.

It’s probably not something worth worrying about though.

D

Deleted member

Max's reaction to the Terry stream is uploaded if y'all are still riding the Terry high

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not to distract everyone from Terry Mania. But WizzyWhipitWonderful, a guy who makes CPS2 music, remade his Rhino theme. And since it's a personal favorite, I thought I'd share.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
the beautiful part about this is that speculah's not making the game, Sakurai is

although I will say I wouldn't mind at all if folks talked at length about how their beloved characters would play in the context of Smash instead of waxing on and on about sales and arbitrary rules surrounding their inclusion

Smooth Criminal
I could link my Mega Man Starforce Moveset. I got a bunch of gifs to help visualize the ideas and everything.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Finally, after 5000 years...

:ult_terry:

Everything is OKAY.....Well, beside the 3 missing Hero emotes.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I probably should do a hypothetical 50-tracks list for Persona when I have time.

It'd be fun.
If I were to post a list of like another 20 or so Mega Man tracks or Street Fighter tracks(they'd be linked of course) would people be interested in that?

They already have about 30 each, so I wouldn't feel the need to pull a full 50 for each series, as easy as it'd be.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I never had a problem with Ryu's inputs, if Terry is even easier for people, I'll probably mesh well enough with him.

Off topic for a bit, but I found something hilarious in hindsight.

Back when Simon was revealed and Richter came with, people had no clue who Richter was

And yet, said people probably could recite the entire "WHAT IS A MAN?!" speech.
Yeah, that's weird. When we got the full look at him, I remember saying "Oh yeah, Richter, the one from the meme! Duh!"

Also, someone in my family(I can't remember who)saw Richter and said he looked like Ryu and Chun-Li's child.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Also, someone in my family(I can't remember who)saw Richter and said he looked like Ryu and Chun-Li's child.
xD Oh God, I cannot unsee that now! And now it makes me want to see a family picture with the 3 of them, similar how to say that Joker is Bayo's son.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I mean I doubt there were many changes between 4 and Ultimate’s versions of the character.
Corrin's neutral defining tool (side special) got nerfed hard and they lost a lot of combos too, including some important kill confirms. There's still some similarities but Corrin still does play somewhat different now.

Shroob

Sup?
Found this fanart over on Smash's KYM page

Says a lot that we're at this point.

1a0.png

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Do we even know Ryu’s last name? For all we know he could be a Belmont.
The closest we got is some manga stating his name is Ryu Hoshi. Like Chun-Li's full name being Chun-Li Xiang in the movie. It's all vaguely semi-canon content.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If I recall correctly, his full name is officially confirmed by Capcom to be Ryu von Hobo.
Are you ****ing kidding me?

The closest we got is some manga stating his name is Ryu Hoshi. Like Chun-Li's full name being Chun-Li Xiang in the movie. It's all vaguely semi-canon content.
That sounds a lot more reasonable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom