• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Now that Sakurai said it doesnt matter if a character is well know as long as they are fun, allow me to introduce you to Don-chan
Didn't he say "just being recognizable isnt enough", meaning the character has to be somewhat known/heard of?

Granted that was the translated version. Could have said that originally.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Question: Do you think Nintendo/Sakurai already planned to have more Smash DLC beyond the FIghters Pass before the game came out?

If not, it being the best selling fighting game ever (and doing so in less than a year) definitely made their decision.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @JDCabrera
I also wanna think of some potential Mii Costumes for Mii Spellcaster too. Forgot to mention that it also carries a wand/staff with it similar to :ultswordfighter:

I could see the Mage costume altered and return as it’s default costume, maybe they could transfer or duplicate certain existing costumes like Ashley, Lip, Vince, Veronica, etc. and a few new costumes I could see are Kamek, Braxien, Lissa, Black Mage, Mumbo Jumbo, etc. but I also want some generic costumes for it as well...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Question: Do you think Nintendo/Sakurai already planned to have more Smash DLC beyond the FIghters Pass before the game came out?

If not, it being the besting selling fighting game ever (and doing so in less than a year) definitely made their decision.
Given the characters on the pass and how big most of them are. They probably thought they wouldn’t be doing more. Although Sakurai in the back of his mind probably knew it was going to happen or wanted to.

the game selling well and the pass likely making bank in preorders is probably the biggest factor to convince them to do more

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I am now level 100 in Overwatch, and because there isn't any cross play yet, I am above most folks. But not beyond them.

Because I ****ing suck at this game lol...

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I really love the Pasta song on the King of Fighters stage, reminds me a lot of Professor Layton music.

Hopefully if Layton ever gets to be a DLC character we can have the same composer do some of his series music.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Using Terry's final smash on :ultgnw: lets you see him in 3D.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Back. Decided to try out Trucker Ken.

Overall really fun character. I'll definitely be using him again. If I had to rate the DLC fights in terms of most fun using.

1. British Duck Hunt
2. Trucker Ken
3. Plant in a Pot
4. Anime Link
5. Bayonetta's son

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tfw your parents take away the cards you just got because you got 3 D's:
1573090447440.png

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Playing Genji pisses me off. Actually rage quit my last match because I got stomped so bad.

I seriously don't get him. Hes a fun character, but I guess I'm playing him wrong. Idk.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Sooo...what are the chances of a direct this month?

I look at 2020 and how naked it looks right now from Nintendo's end and I am thinking we could see one this month. Some older titles - such as Maker 2 and Three Houses - are also waiting for extra content.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I look at 2020 and how naked it looks right now from Nintendo's end and I am thinking we could see one this month. Some older titles - such as Maker 2 and Three Houses - are also waiting for extra content.
Doubt it. It’s never happens become and 2019 shows is Nintendo doesn’t really care about fully loaded release schedules.

D

Deleted member

Doubt it. It’s never happens become and 2019 shows is Nintendo doesn’t really care about fully loaded release schedules.
wat? are you on something? I get the gist of what you're saying, but it's not like you to make these kinds of spelling errors(especially such trivial ones)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Its either the VGA in December or January.

Thinking the former because of the awards Smash Ultimate might bring. Perfect timing couldn't be better and if its Doom Slayer what better time to announce him given its an American gaming event. Yes Joker was announced there but that was last minute and never originality intended.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

It would sure be nice, but I really dunno. Are there usually directs in November?

Edit: Just looked it up, there's been some sort of Nintendo Direct every year since 2012, so unless today's presentation counts as a direct, it seems pretty possible we could get one.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Its either the VGA in December or January.

Thinking the former because of the awards Smash Ultimate might bring. Perfect timing couldn't be better and if its Doom Slayer what better time to announce him given its an American gaming event. Yes Joker was announced there but that was last minute and never originality intended.
You know my stance. I surely hope we get a Geno/Doomslayer double reveal, but I don’t wanna make any bets lest Sakurai sees them and changes plans.

Hmmm? Oh, did I not tell you? I’m convinced that one of you is Sakurai. I don’t know which one. But I know he’s here.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know given SNK's legacy as well as KoF being the main inspiration for Smash why and how is it Terry hadn't gotten in the series earlier especially given Sakurai loves it?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Is that Terry? I tried to select the icon but for some reason it's invisible on my screen.
Clear your cached images. If you have Google Chrome, click on the three dots in the top corner, go to More Tools ---> Clear browsing data, and check off Cached Images And Files.

If you don't use Google Chrome, then search for "clear cache" followed by the name of your browser.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Clear your cached images. If you have Google Chrome, click on the three dots in the top corner, go to More Tools ---> Clear browsing data, and check off Cached Images And Files.

If you don't use Google Chrome, then search for "clear cache" followed by the name of your browser.
Oh cool it's working now, thanks.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
My predictions for character 5 and the next pack of characters (assuming it is a pack) are

Doomguy
Geno
2B
Crash Bandicoot
Dante
Sora

But I wouldn't be surprised if a more obscure character was picked.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My predictions for character 5 and the next pack of characters (assuming it is a pack) are

Doomguy
Geno
2B
Crash Bandicoot
Dante
Sora

But I wouldn't be surprised if a more obscure character was picked.
Watch it be Heihachi and we have to wait post-Pass for Doom Slayer and Geno. ;P

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I was asked earlier (@Connorb0t2 ) about the Reimu leak. The Reimu leak wasn’t struck down because of music amounts, but because of the picture they posted being already available and, as that supported their credibility under the false pretense that it was real, they lost cred because of it.

Had friends over tonight so I didn’t get to play more Terry, although I did finish his Classic mode and spirit board. The character is really fun, and I feel like I really want to get KoF XIV, and definitely XV.

Really unsure where I stand in terms of future DLC picks. I think the thing Sakurai pointed out about “recognizability” could be taken two ways. One being that if you’re aren’t “fun” being recognizable doesn’t matter, while the other is that you have to be more than “recognizable” in order to get added. I missed most of what the man actually said, but I think there’s merit to being recognizable, AND having a moveset that’s fun.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
The more and more I play, the more I realize Terry is actual crystal meth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom