• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Off topic for a bit, but I found something hilarious in hindsight.

Back when Simon was revealed and Richter came with, people had no clue who Richter was

And yet, said people probably could recite the entire "WHAT IS A MAN?!" speech.
Yeah, that is indeed ironic.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Define "Too Big". Cause if this is about Mai's bonkhonagahoogs, that may not be the case and more of a case of CERO being strict with character models that have upskirt shots.
Because while English translated it into a "funny gag line" due to CERO not being a thing in Japan, in the JP version, Sakurai mentions that CERO gave him issues regarding Mai and couldn't get her in unfortunately. Sakurai, after Smash 4, also mentioned CERO giving him issues during Smash 4, regarding Palutena, who is far tamer than Mai, regarding the slit in her dress and they had to stitch up the slit quite a bit before CERO allowed them to keep the Everyone rating.
So very likely, it has nothing to do with Mai's breasts(especially if they gave her a tame pose that didn't flaunt them) and it may have more to do with CERO being ridiculously picky with Mai due to being able to look up her lower region, even despite being impossible to see that region during gameplay unless people directly looked for a way.

That's likely the reason why Samus, Pyra and Bayonetta(after being toned down) are left alone despite Samus' alternate outfit, Pyra's skin and Bayonetta's sexy poses. Because compared to Palutena, Corrin, Mythra and Mai, shorts/suits/etc seem to be acceptable compared to gear that allows panty shots.
So Morrigan may still be possible since Morrigan can't be up-skirted, due to wearing a leotard with leggings. It depends on whether or not CERO does have issues with Morrigan's badonkers, but Morrigan's cleavage could be covered up enough that there's no drastic design changes.
Bascially everything I said but much better formulated & informed.

Thank you alot for this post pal.
samus thumb up.jpg

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Just to point out how crazy the amount of music Terry's getting

Dream Land 64 - 6 Songs
Zelda's Castle 64 - 6 Songs
Peach's Castle 64 - 5 Songs
Szuzaku Castle - 6 songs
Mario Maker - 1 song
Midgar - 2 Songs
Corrin - 2 Songs
Umbra Clock Tower - 11 Songs

Total - 39 Songs

Mementos - 11 Songs
Yggdrasil - 8 Songs
Spiral Mountian - 10 Songs
Sans - 1 Song

Total- 30 Songs
Combined Total - ...69 Songs

SNK - 50 Songs

The amount of songs in Terry's pass is bigger than both the amount of DLC songs in Smash 4 and Ultimate (currently) by a pretty sizable amount. Even when combined, it's pretty close. It's insane.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
In order to commemorate Mai's boom in popularity, I made this. For all the good little members at home:
Sakurai_says_no_to_Mai.png

D

Deleted member

Off topic for a bit, but I found something hilarious in hindsight.

Back when Simon was revealed and Richter came with, people had no clue who Richter was

And yet, said people probably could recite the entire "WHAT IS A MAN?!" speech.
Memes often transcend their source material. For example people hate the prequels for the most part but prequel memes?
Probably the most hot commodity in today's meme economy

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I also forget that Mythra spirit artwork was changed to have black legging, because too much bare legs ain't good for the little kids.:mybodyisreggie:
God, I really hate rules like this. Parents being afraid to talk about their children with this stuff is what leads to this tabuu mindset around sexuality, and by extension the female body because apparently every aspect of that is sexual. Knowledge doesn't hurt anyone in the long term, and all avoiding these conversations does is provide a short burst of relief for parents, cause half the population to be ashamed of their bodies, and ensures that laws like this will never change.
View attachment 245563

Ask and you shall receive.
Technically DoomSlayer would break those rules as well. But I really want Scorpion too. And Kratos (even if that one's not super likely).

D

Deleted member

It is funny how in the european version they just translate Sakurai’s words as “Smash is a game for all ages”.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That may backfire because if they look her up, the searchers will end up getting on Sakurai's case on not including her due to her sexuality, especially if they like her that much.
the moment someone tries to call sakurai a sexist bodyshamer is the moment i lose faith in humanity

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Even though I think the Mii Costume thing is fake, at least Geno fans can take a sigh of relief for now. His costume is still MIA.

Seems like returning costumes have been released with every pass character save for Hero. If Fighter #5 doesn't come with the Geno costume, then his chances might go up a little, or at least until we see if post-pass characters will continue adding returning costumes.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
We don't know.

That leak could go 50/50

In that case, I’ll probably take a break from the site

That way, I’ll either get completely surprised, or I get Doom Slayer, who is one of my most wanted at the VGAs

It will be a win-win for me

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Even though I think the Mii Costume thing is fake, at least Geno fans can take a sigh of relief for now. His costume is still MIA.

Seems like returning costumes have been released with every pass character save for Hero. If Fighter #5 doesn't come with the Geno costume, then his chances might go up a little, or at least until we see if post-pass characters will continue adding returning costumes.
Truthfully, I don't know why they didn't just make all the old third-party costumes available from the start, even if you still had to buy them.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly the only bad thing I can say about this is that we really should have had that extended trailer 2 months ago, imagine how everyone would react to Terry seemingly having 6 special moves and Buster Wolf somehow being there. Godlike. Honest to god, Terry's the best thing they have for this fighter pass

D

Deleted member

Honestly the only bad thing I can say about this is that we really should have had that extended trailer 2 months ago, imagine how everyone would react to Terry seemingly having 6 special moves and Buster Wolf somehow being there. Godlike. Honest to god, Terry's the best thing they have for this fighter pass
For me it is a tie between him and Hero regarding my enjoyment of the characters

My personal ranking so far would be this:

1:Hero/Terry
2:Joker
3:Banjo

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I have quite a few thoughts on Terry. I went beast mode and downloaded him while at school by connecting to a hotspot on my phone.

We stayed after school and played Smash with some of the students. The one talked smack, so everybody else told me to play him 1 on 1, and I handily struck him down. Not bragging, because that would be odd coming from a 26 year old teacher talking about beating a student at Smash, but, y’know.

Really cool to see kids having a good time with Smash. Like, I play hard at it with friends and I’m pretty good or whatever. But those kids hardly cared that they lost. They just liked to play.

D

Deleted member

I have quite a few thoughts on Terry. I went beast mode and downloaded him while at school by connecting to a hotspot on my phone.

We stayed after school and played Smash with some of the students. The one talked smack, so everybody else told me to play him 1 on 1, and I handily struck him down. Not bragging, because that would be odd coming from a 26 year old teacher talking about beating a student at Smash, but, y’know.

Really cool to see kids having a good time with Smash. Like, I play hard at it with friends and I’m pretty good or whatever. But those kids hardly cared that they lost. They just liked to play.
Glad to hear that you had a great time playing with them!

My respect towards those kids for just thinking about playing and not about winning to extreme conditions.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Joker is still my fav but Terry is definitely a very close second, IMO.

D

Deleted member

You’re the most radical teacher.

Reminds me of the one time I beat these kids much older than me.

That was fun.

11-12 me was proud.

It was made better by the fact a lot of people came to see me give them a whoopin’ LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom