• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Japan censoring law hate panty shot, some might say that's ironic, but that's true. Palutena outfit got changed in a patch to obscure her panty, Peach & Daisy have a void between their legs to hide them, and Mai pretty much is free panty due to how revelating she is.

Sakurai himself seem cool with fanservice, like look at ZSS & Bayo, they are fine because there is no opportunity for panty shot with them, and apparantly, in the Japanese Terry Direct, Sakurai even make a joke at the expense of Japan censor law, so if that's true, you know now why Mai didn't make it.
Yeah, it is pretty much complicated.

I kinda fear Morrigan’s chances right now.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wonder if Shantae is too "risque" to be a fighter in Smash at this point...
I doubt it. We have exposed midriffs on other playable characters, and there's no opportunity for a panty shot because her pants are completely covered with no sort of skirt or anything. Just increase the opacity on the material so it's not as sheer and we're golden.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I also forget that Mythra spirit artwork was changed to have black legging, because too much bare legs ain't good for the little kids.:mybodyisreggie:

Shroob

Sup?
It's kinda surreal that for the first time, we dont know what's coming.

No leaks that can be considered without a shadow of a doubt to be 100% legit

No insider talk

No datamine info

Sure, there are certain leaks that raise an eyebrow more than others, but at the moment, we are, for the first time ever

Completely in the dark.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Terry impressions:

He barely has any combo game outside of some early % confirms, so he's similar to Ryu in that his main kit is being super strong in a lot of places. I thought he would push me to choose him over Ryu, but for right now, I'd like to use them equally.

I use Power Geyser on accident a lot and I end up KO-ing people by hitting them with the tip of the geyser and it's ****ing hilarious. Kind of busted, but when you're at 100% I suppose some high-risk action is called for. Recovering is a lot more linear than Ryu or Ken's, so the exploitability is very much present if you have the right tool kit. It's hard to do OoS command Rising Tackle IMO, at least in a way for it to be quick. I only pulled it off once and it was a misinput. Fun character overall, though.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm having so much fun with Terry. I seriously hope another fighting game character that breaks Smash's rules arrives in the future DLC.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

No insider talk

No datamine info

Sure, there are certain leaks that raise an eyebrow more than others, but at the moment, we are, for the first time ever

Completely in the dark.
For how long? Hopefully, not long, or too long.

D

Deleted member

No insider talk

No datamine info

Completely in the dark.
It makes things funnier, ngl.

Now the gates are 100% open, and we can speculate about basically everyone in general and not just specific picks.

Allows us to get more creative with the characters brought up.

D

Deleted member

It makes things funnier, ngl.

Now the gates are 100% open, and we can speculate about basically everyone in general and not just specific picks.

Allows us to get more creative with the characters brought up.
So...anyone's back to fair game...

MORRIG-

"Smash is for good boys and girls"

KOS-MOS!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
They also filled in the boob window.
Good points, completely forgot about that.
richter you don't belong in this world.png

God will not let those boobs corrupt the young!
Yet plenty of other female spirits get to keep bare legs...
Idk which other female spirit we're refering about, but I guess Mythra was too much due how small her "skirt" is.

Like it doesn't leave alot to the imagination if you get what I'm saying.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Speaking of lewdness, I remember there was a trophy that was supposed to be in Smash Bros 3DS, one from Fire Emblem, but was cut. It was a female, and she showed much skin in the trophy. I think it was Tharja? Something like that?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
But yeah, I'm absolutely loving terry

Unlike Ken and Ryu, I can actually input all of his commands. The only one I'm really having trouble with is Power Dunk, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Also, buster wolf feels good to pull off

right up there with Joker as my favorite characters in the pass so far

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well got bodied with Terry online.

Character is no longer fun anymore.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love the new stage's knock out mechanic at the wall. Can we get this to be a new feature of future Smash's? Each stage having that would be neat? I guess though it might take away the specialness too.

D

Deleted member

I love the new stage's knock out mechanic at the wall. Can we get this to be a new feature of future Smash's? Each stage having that would be neat? I guess though it might take away the specialness too.
I approve the idea.

As a fan of MvC, the SNK stage is just wonderful for my taste.

Shroob

Sup?
Off topic for a bit, but I found something hilarious in hindsight.

Back when Simon was revealed and Richter came with, people had no clue who Richter was

And yet, said people probably could recite the entire "WHAT IS A MAN?!" speech.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If I remember correctly, Pyra’s spirit was left unchanged.
No possible panty shot or boobs window, so she is fine in Japan censor law's eyes.

Never said it made alot sense, but hey, that's what I get from the info I found.
Here's the most obvious one:
'guess her outfit hide enough of her legs to pass the crap radar, but again, not going to be the judge of what make it or not, Japan is weird on those things.

Ivander

Smash Legend
We officially have another "Too Big" situation here.

The moment he said "for good boys and girls, man, RIGHT IN THE FEELS.

Makes me cringe at Morrigan...
Define "Too Big". Cause if this is about Mai's bonkhonagahoogs, that may not be the case and more of a case of CERO being strict with character models that have upskirt shots.
Because while English translated it into a "funny gag line" due to CERO not being a thing in the West, in the JP version, Sakurai mentions that CERO gave him issues regarding Mai and couldn't get her in unfortunately. Sakurai, after Smash 4, also mentioned CERO giving him issues during Smash 4, regarding Palutena, who is far tamer than Mai, regarding the slit in her dress and they had to stitch up the slit quite a bit before CERO allowed them to keep the Everyone rating.
So very likely, it has nothing to do with Mai's breasts(especially if they gave her a tame pose that didn't flaunt them) and it may have more to do with CERO being ridiculously picky with Mai due to being able to look up her lower region, even if it was impossible to see that region during gameplay unless people directly looked for a way.

That's likely the reason why Samus, Pyra and Bayonetta(after being toned down) are left alone despite Samus' alternate outfit, Pyra's skin and Bayonetta's sexy poses. Because compared to Palutena, Corrin, Mythra and Mai, shorts/suits/etc seem to be acceptable compared to gear that allows panty shots.
So Morrigan may still be possible since Morrigan can't be up-skirted, due to wearing a leotard with leggings. It depends on whether or not CERO does have issues with Morrigan's badonkers, but Morrigan's cleavage could be covered up enough that there's no drastic design changes.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

No insider talk

No datamine info

Completely in the dark.

So the Mii Costume leak is looking unlikely to be real?

If it is, I’ll probably take another break from this site to avoid anymore spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom