• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I don't get why this has not been pointed out, but I think it is important.

It seems like Discord (No, not Nintendo despite what the tweet says) may have shut down a leak server for copyrighted materials. I'm wondering if it's Nintendo or something since they did mention copyrighted materials... and it's coming from a Swsh tweeter...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If I see one more "IMAGINE IF YOU SHOWED THIS TO SOMEONE 20 YEA-"

I am going to snap.

D

Deleted member

I would dare to say that Banjo got less content than Dragon Quest besides songs (which still lacks demanded tracks such as the final boss theme from Banjo 1). More so since Banjo lacked the number of spirits DQ had, the alts many people asked for such as Dragon Kazooie or Tuxedo Banjo and of course came without a single Microsoft Mii costume.

Persona I admit got an amount of well deserved content.

But in the end: the main point is that the Smash fandom takes the minimal problems and makes a sandcastle out of them to make anyone look worse than how they are (as in the case of Square).

It seems like Discord (No, not Nintendo despite what the tweet says) may have shut down a leak server for copyrighted materials. I'm wondering if it's Nintendo or something since they did mention copyrighted materials... and it's coming from a Swsh tweeter...

I think someone at Nintendo could have reported the server, yeah.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
SNK music is freaking great.

Oh, and I'm loving Terry so far; he's an input character that I can really get behind since his normal attacks aren't determined by if you're tapping or holding the button down. Power Dunk and BUSTAH WOLF are so incredibly satisfying to land and I love how much personality the character is constantly oozing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

There was a problem fetching the tweet
might want to edit this it’s censor dodging.

And it is Nintendo. They took down multiple videos and news sites articles on leaks yesterday

D

Deleted member

We officially have another "Too Big" situation here.

The moment he said "for good boys and girls, man, RIGHT IN THE FEELS.

Makes me cringe at Morrigan...

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I just thought of something crazy... my HG sim will feature CUSTOM EVENTS!

Send in ideas.

Note: One arena event will be the Thanos Snap

Shroob

Sup?
Even though the leak is very dead at this point

I find it hilarious how 26 songs for the Reimu leak was deemed "too much"

And now we have 50 from SNK

D

Deleted member

Even though the leak is very dead at this point

I find it hilarious how 26 songs for the Reimu leak was deemed "too much"

And now we have 50 from SNK
I dare to say that Touhou could easily surpass the 50 barrier if there are enough songs for it.

Touhou is pretty much public domain, so if Sakurai and the Smash team would indeed contact Touhou fans who have made games for the series, the sky’s basically the limit for the music selection.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
We officially have another "Too Big" situation here.

The moment he said "for good boys and girls, man, RIGHT IN THE FEELS.

Makes me cringe at Morrigan...
Morrigan's design isn't quite on the same level of lewd as Mai, though, so I don't think that's a real mark against her inclusion. It also doesn't hurt that her chest isn't known for being as...animated as Mai's, too.

D

Deleted member

If the leak ends up being real and we end up getting Doomguy he's going to feel wildly out of place next to to the other 4 before him and probably also everyone after him
Like "Big muscly marine who just wants to kill demons and nothing else" is not the character I picture next to :ultjoker:, :ulthero:, :ultbanjokazooie: and that one character who still has no icon on the site

D

Deleted member

If the leak ends up being real and we end up getting Doomguy he's going to feel wildly out of place next to to the other 4 before him and probably also everyone after him
Like "Big muscly marine who just wants to kill demons and nothing else" is not the character I picture next to :ultjoker:, :ulthero:, :ultbanjokazooie: and that one character who still has no icon on the site
I personally wouldn’t find Doomguy out of place.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m fine with it, honestly. One of the best parts of Smash is the diverse cast.

D

Deleted member

I just thought of something crazy... my HG sim will feature CUSTOM EVENTS!

Send in ideas.

Note: One arena event will be the Thanos Snap
at a random point in time, Deity's will just descend and kill a random person.

Natural Disasters, giant kaijus, etc

D

Deleted member

Morrigan's design isn't quite on the same level of lewd as Mai, though, so I don't think that's a real mark against her inclusion. It also doesn't hurt that her chest isn't known for being as...animated as Mai's, too.
If they really added Morrigan I'mma storm Sakurai's place and ask tons of questions.

I personally wouldn’t find Doomguy out of place.
For me, after seeing his old design, it's not hard to see why.

I’m fine with it, honestly. One of the best parts of Smash is the diverse cast.
Diverse cast? Where have all the women gone?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Do you think Sakurai is bracing us for fighter #5 when he said that it doesn't matter so much that a character is recognizable, but rather they are fun to play?

D

Deleted member

People just need to stop complaining at this point.

Right now, Ultimate is the best selling fighting game ever and is packed with content that could make any other kind of crossover jealous.

We shouldn’t be looking at who has the most songs, spirits, mii costumes or specially get into flame wars over who is getting in.
Many of the requested characters are likely to come sooner or later, so we shouldn’t be so concerned.

It is just a game. A great one at that, but not something worth to attack or judge people over it.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
And now Nintendo is hunting Discord servers that have Pokémon leaks.

This situation is getting crazy.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do you think Sakurai is bracing us for fighter #5 when he said that it doesn't matter so much that a character is recognizable, but rather they are fun to play?
Maybe but I saw this as more a response to all the people who complained terry was a literal who. At the very least post pass dlc could be affected by this statement

D

Deleted member

And now Nintendo is hunting Discord servers that have Pokémon leaks.

This situation is getting crazy.
And they didn't hunt the servers that claimed they were rhe ones who made the Mii Costume leak. Sounds fishy if you ask me.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
And they didn't hunt the servers that claimed they were rhe ones who made the Mii Costume leak. Sounds fishy if you ask me.
They didn't show themselves making it, so of course they're not going to hunt them down. A lot of people claimed to make it, but they were all trolls.

They didn't hunt down the Ken leaker, either, and a leak from before Ultimate released, a gameplay leak, was never taken down.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Japan censoring law hate panty shot, some might say that's ironic, but that's true. Palutena outfit got changed in a patch to obscure her panty, Peach & Daisy have a void between their legs to hide them, and Mai pretty much is free panty due to how revelating she is.

Sakurai himself seem cool with fanservice, like look at ZSS & Bayo, they are fine because there is no opportunity for panty shot with them, and apparantly, in the Japanese Terry Direct, Sakurai even make a joke at the expense of Japan censor law, so if that's true, you know now why Mai didn't make it.

That said, I'm not going to get problems for mentionning panty, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom