• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Is Ken just a constant in leaks? He had his own leak (which was actually real), he was a part of Box Theory, Vergeben leaked him, he was on the Grinch leak, and even a year after his reveal, here he is on this mii leak.

He's one Spring-Man and Decidueye away from a perfect record.
I felt like making a meme about this.
1572955666655.png

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I felt like making a meme about this.
View attachment 245199
...fine, here is your like, you yellow devil. (the good one, not the one that ruin Wily Castle)

Also, I really wonder sometime if this community we have now could survive pre-release Brawl months of nothing being revealed.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It seems rather clear to me that Nintendo is just trying to space things out, and not release a rushed, unfinished character, or show one off. You can wait. You’ve waited for every other reveal, and this is no different. I’d suggest taking it easier.
So is NetherRealm studios. In the past they rushed their studio and put out a new character in a month for dlc. And because of that, the wait was variable. Because you knew a reveal and release was coming in exactly a month. But now that they’re spacing things out to avoid developer crunch, you know what they did? Show us everyone in the Season Pass up front. Even when everyone wasn’t quite ready to physically show, they told us who to expect. And then when we finally got the trailer for the whole kombat pack, they each had a release date attached. And some of those characters were releasing in 2020! That is proper hype management. When you can’t do constant quick reveals, you need to give your fan base more to chew on. Because radio silence makes them forget and move on.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That was going over the stage and it’s cameos. Seeing those characters all pretty in HD meant the world to Banjo fans. Of course they were gonna show it off. Terry isn’t like that. Even if the stage does have a lot of cameos, KoF isn’t a dead franchise. We just got a new entry a few years ago.
So Sakurai, a huge fan of SNK, can't gush an equal or greater amount than he did for Banjo because SNK managed to get up on it's legs? That ain't it chief, Banjo being dead doesn't mean it gets special treatment there

osby

Smash Obsessed
You wouldn’t be super excited if a franchise you loved that had been functionally dead for nearly 20 years was getting all this fan service and attention in the same way as giants who’ve managed to stick around? You wouldn’t want to see that?
I guess I would, but this doesn't explain why it should happen.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So Sakurai, a huge fan of SNK, can't gush an equal or greater amount than he did for Banjo because SNK managed to get up on it's legs? That ain't it chief, Banjo being dead doesn't mean it gets special treatment there
This isn’t the first time we’re seeing these characters in HD in years. Showing them off is not an event. Sure. He can gush. But as an editor/marketer, the smart thing is to cut it out so as to not waste time. Especially if it doubles the length of the freakin presentation.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This isn’t the first time we’re seeing these characters in HD in years. Showing them off is not an event. Sure. He can gush. But as an editor/marketer, the smart thing is to cut it out so as to not waste time. Especially if it doubles the length of the freakin presentation.
But it IS the first time we're seeing them in Smash. It's an event.

Showing Tootie run around when youl never be able to actually see that can be cut out too yet it wasn't cut out despite how again, nobody will ever get to see it

osby

Smash Obsessed
Is 45 minutes kinda long for talking about one reveal? Yes.

Is it far, far less than the time we spent arguing about that one reveal? Also yes.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Be optimistic. But never be quiet. If you don’t like this method of reveals, then get together with everyone else who shares your opinion (it’s the internet, I’m sure there are plenty) and make a fus and hope it reaches someone and changed something.
Criticize their methods all you want. Personally I find how a company chooses to advertise their game to be far less important then the quality of the game itself. Besides, faster reveals do not mean faster releases, and they don't really make the wait any shorter.

However if you really care about this that much regardless, please don't go carried away with it. There's civilly and politely trying to get attention to something you care about...and then there's mob mentality internet riots. Maybe I'm overthinking it but the word "fus" makes me worried here, especially after all the toxicity I've dealt with in the Smash and Pokemon fandoms these past couple years...

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
What're you gonna do when DLC for Ultimate comes to an end?
Lie down on my bed with my Kirby plush and think about the purpose of life, the universe, everything, higher planes of existence, dimensions and beyond my spiritual realm itself among worlds 'o' mine...

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
But it IS the first time we're seeing them in Smash. It's an event.

Showing Tootie run around when youl never be able to actually see that can be cut out too yet it wasn't cut out despite how again, nobody will ever get to see it
How is it an event? Seeing it in Smash doesn’t matter if it’s a character we’ve already been seeing consistently for years and have already made their HD debut.

If anything, this is the perfect place to show off something like that. If the players aren’t ever going to see the detail themselves unless they pay very close attention to the background, then pointing it out in a livestream for the fans is something you’re gonna want to do so people will actually acknowledge the work you’ve done. This seams more like you’re upset that Tootie is in the game in the first place, rather than that they showed her off.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
How is it an event? Seeing it in Smash doesn’t matter if it’s a character we’ve already been seeing consistently for years and have already made their HD debut.

If anything, this is the perfect place to show off something like that. If the players aren’t ever going to see the detail themselves unless they pay very close attention to the background, then pointing it out in a livestream for the fans is something you’re gonna want to do so people will actually acknowledge the work you’ve done. This seams more like you’re upset that Tootie is in the game in the first place, rather than that they showed her off.
Ok but this not being the first time we see them in HD doesn't mean we've seen them in Smash before. By that logic we must never be excited if we see anything in HD get an appearance in Smash.

I'm using Tootie to compare the two. Why is one of these examples ok but not the other?

osby

Smash Obsessed
"People only want their faves in Smash for those sweet HD models" wasn't how I expected this conversation to go.

Imagine Sakurai cutting Link, Mario, Kirby, and Pikachu just because they already have games on Switch.

D

Deleted member

Guess who's having nightmares of Geno and Doomguy in her sleep tonight...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just want Iori Theme confirm.

Sakurai could litteraly talk about grass textures for 40 minutes, and I still call it a great stream for that alone, double or triple so if we got other good ass SNK music like Geese Theme or CVS2 Bacon Theme.

D

Deleted member

Hot takes on the new Pokemon, final stages only
Neutral tiers aren't ordered and Cool is only ordered in the first row
my-image (1).png

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I’m glad you’d be okay with having your time wasted.
At least I have a good time, compared to some.:ultridley:

For real tho, I don't need the moon to feel happy, I just need a few stuff that I care about confirm to feel it was worth my time, and while it could be alot filler, I'm only expecting a few things to not feel too dissapointed, if it's really that bad that is.

Really, we see, but on the whole, get a better attitude about it please.

D

Deleted member

The Geno thread have no idea what they're setting themselves up for. Not that I believe that the leak is true or fake or anything. What if they git Grinched like last time?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I will finally rest and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe.
I don't know about "grateful" - the last few DLC characters could be picks that people have wanted for years, a mix of first and third party characters, a much more even balance of men and women than what we currently have (saying that Kazooie counts as a playable woman really seems to be stretching it), etc., and there would still be people whining because they didn't make Shadow the Hedgehog a completely unique character, or that they didn't make Waluigi playable in spite of the fact that he's also an assist trophy, or that Doshin the Giant isn't a playable character in spite of how "deserving and iconic" he is.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know about "grateful" - the last few DLC characters could be picks that people have wanted for years, a mix of first and third party characters, a much more even balance of men and women than what we currently have (saying that Kazooie counts as a playable woman really seems to be stretching it), etc., and there would still be people whining because they didn't make Shadow the Hedgehog a completely unique character, or that they didn't make Waluigi playable in spite of the fact that he's also an assist trophy, or that Doshin the Giant isn't a playable character in spite of how "long overdue" he is.
Eh? You're saying the DLC roster has a balanced gender ratio?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I just want Iori Theme confirm.

Sakurai could litteraly talk about grass textures for 40 minutes, and I still call it a great stream for that alone, double or triple so if we got other good ass SNK music like Geese Theme or CVS2 Bacon Theme.
How would they make Tuna with Bacon a fight worthy song anyway

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbf, Sakutai gushes about every stage when it comes to the new DLC characters. He did for Joker and the cameos for the Phantom Thieves, he did for Hero with the Tockles, Slimes, and Cetecea (alongside the Mimic hazard), he did for Banjo with Tootie, Bottles, Gruntilda, Mumbo, and the Bee enemy, so I would expect the same for Terry's stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom