• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
So yeah, I find it incredibly interesting that we spend hours online talking with each other about Smash, but the minute anything related to it that doesn’t concern new characters the hype flies out the window for some folks.

I get it, Terry Bogard isn’t exactly as hype to some folks in the fan base. He’s no Sonic or Cloud. But we’re literally getting Smash news, but to some people it’s just not good enough.

This makes me think of the whole “character select screen” meme. It’s a mascot fighter, so clearly people care more about who is in rather than the what. But it’s kinda silly that, you know, we play this game, yet people will skip over an entire presentation simply because it doesn’t have a new character.

Sakurai does these streams to educate fans on things they may not know, such as the history of a character or series, and how they’re going to play in Smash, and show how much love he puts into each Challenger Pack.

I don’t know. Seems folks miss the point.
Im not un-hyped, I’m more confused at what the content could be for such a long timeframe, since we know it’s not going any character reveals or new modes. I totally expect him to give us a history of the importance of SNK and the Terry, but 45 min seems a tad excessive to me for just one topic.

Maybe there will be some sweeping balance changes with 6.0? DLC Alt costumes for characters? A rework of online mode? I Don’t know, everything seems like uncharted territory, but I feel like Sakurai has to cover something besides Terry and Fatal Fury to fit the time frame.

D

Deleted member

An average of those three, so 14.5 tracks.
..That's not quite how Averages work. You add them all up and divide by the parts (in this case 3). An average will never be higher than the highest one either, so the average of 11, 10, and 8 would be 29 divided by 3: 9.66. Which means between 9 and 10 songs. If they took the average and went with that anyway. I kinda feel like the number they add has been based on whatever they feel like they can before the rights get too expensive (which is why Cloud has only 2 songs since whats-his-face is a bit of a stickler when it comes to thr rights to his FF music).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

..That's not quite how Averages work. You add them all up and divide by the parts (in this case 3). An average will never be higher than the highest one either, so the average of 11, 10, and 8 would be 29 divided by 3: 9.66. Which means between 9 and 10 songs. If they tookt he average and went with that.
r/hedidthemath

Okay, in all seriousness, I haven't done averages in so long, this feels like new content to me LAWL

osby

Smash Obsessed
..That's not quite how Averages work. You add them all up and divide by the parts (in this case 3). An average will never be higher than the highest one either, so the average of 11, 10, and 8 would be 29 divided by 3: 9.66. Which means between 9 and 10 songs. If they tookt he average and went with that.
Goes to show how many hours I've slept last night and how apparently wasn't enough.

D

Deleted member

Two really interesting things from Papagenos Discord server:

VR Plant has finally made their prediction about what’s to come, and their predictions have been 100% right since they started leaking stuff:
A8EAF4D4-323B-4D3C-AFDE-8D9141A540C9.jpeg

And while I don’t know the context, this picture intrigues me:
15C691C4-1068-4D90-BDA8-BCD2E070A5B9.jpeg

D

Deleted member

r/hedidthemath

Okay, in all seriousness, I haven't done averages in so long, this feels like new content to me LAWL
Its not really math you tend to use in everyday life unless you go into business. Something like an Actuary would make more use of it or Risk Assessment for businesses. Otherwise its math used really only to estimate outcomes based on prior trends.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The Mallow and Cacodemon heads may have been disproven
And VR Plant seems to have their upcoming predictions prepared already.

If they end up confident enough on the predictions to share them, I’ll post those here.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
honestly, one of many things I'm expecting in Terry's presentation that'll probably elongate it is Sakurai discussing how post pass dlc is gonna go down.

Are they all individual? Is there gonna be another full on pass?

I think we'll get our answer to that tomorrow.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Two really interesting things from Papagenos Discord server:

VR Plant has finally made their prediction about what’s to come, and their predictions have been 100% right since they started leaking stuff:
View attachment 245214
Has he said what his prediction is?
The Mallow and Cacodemon heads may have been disproven
I hate this. I hate this so much. Not because I think it means those characters are disconfirned. But because of all the victory laps people are gonna take and how much more we’re just gonna hear about how “Geno is unimportant” and “Japan hated Doom”.

D

Deleted member

Its not really math you tend to use in everyday life unless you go into business. Something like an Actuary would make more use of it or Risk Assessment for businesses. Otherwise its math used really only to estimate outcomes based on prior trends.
Yeah, that's why I said I hadn't done it in so long.

I mean, i probably need to refresh myself on that(considering I want to be an indie dev, or at the very least a game designer) because getting averages for RNG is super helpful at times.

D

Deleted member

I hate this. I hate this so much. Not because I think it means those characters are disconfirned. But because of all the victory laps people are gonna take and how much more we’re just gonna hear about how “Geno is unimportant” and “Japan hated Doom”.
Nothing yet.

VR Plant likes to take their time before making their predictions public, just to make sure they are 100% good enough to be shown.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
honestly, one of many things I'm expecting in Terry's presentation that'll probably elongate it is Sakurai discussing how post pass dlc is gonna go down.

Are they all individual? Is there gonna be another full on pass?

I think we'll get our answer to that tomorrow.
But we aren’t getting any new character reveals. So they aren’t gonna do that.

We’ve already decided. He’s just babbling about SNK for a half hour.
Picture for reference
View attachment 245215
Much like the actual Doomguy this leak simply refuses to stay dead.
They don’t look quite the same. But I can’t tell if it’s because of the lighting/capture method or if they actually are different.

D

Deleted member

I definitely don't disagree with your sentiment, but saying "Geno is unimportant" isn't really that farfetched.
Sure, people love to shill him and all that, but really, he's only appeared in 1 game(an old one at that) and is only pretty heavily known in the Smash community.

I'm pretty certain if you go onto a random discord(or pretty much any non-Smash community) you'll most likely get a "literally who?" from most people.
Trust me, I've asked before.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
anyway here's the mii costume model:
-Not the same model.
-Anyone could try remaking the model, but what about as a mod without issues? He loaded it in Fortnite...

They don’t look quite the same. But I can’t tell if it’s because of the lighting/capture method or if they actually are different.
They’re definitely different, note the different proportions and the lack of the black area; the spikes are also in different spots, I think. It’s also in Fortnite and not Smash.

Last edited:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Considering the western appeal of characters like Chrom, K. Rool, and Dark Samus, and the obscurity and frankly impossibility of characters like Joker, Terry, and.... K. Rool again, I literally do not see how "irrelevancy" or "Japanese disinterest" play at all into Smash. Like, DQ isn't exactly big over in the West, but we still got Hero, and Smash doesn't exist on this Japan-only vacuum.

My advice is to just ignore those guys because they'll celebrate the loss of anyone that isn't their character

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
But we aren’t getting any new character reveals. So they aren’t gonna do that.

We’ve already decided. He’s just babbling about SNK for a half hour.
They can still announce the plans without revealing any of the new fighters

that's what they did when they first officially announced the fighter's pass at the end of the November direct last year

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Considering the western appeal of characters like Chrom, K. Rool, and Dark Samus, and the obscurity and frankly impossibility of characters like Joker, Terry, and.... K. Rool again, I literally do not see how "irrelevancy" or "Japanese disinterest" play at all into Smash. Like, DQ isn't exactly big over in the West, but we still got Hero, and Smash doesn't exist on this Japan-only vacuum.

My advice is to just ignore those guys because they'll celebrate the loss of anyone that isn't their character
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO ****ING GETS IT!!!!!

I was starting to think I was insane! Even here, despite all the evidence to the contrary, people still act like current relevance and popularity in Japan are the end-all be-all factors. It’s driving me nuts!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
If I may bring it up here because I haven't seen a post about it on this thread yet...

Here are the pictures of the remaining Gym Leaders that were not revealed during the pre-release trailers:

First up, the one I'm sure you all were eager to see, say hello to our first Dark-type Gym Leader in the series: Piers!

Supposedly, he is Marnie's older brother, at least that's what his bio implies (not to mention he has Team Yell's symbol on his shirt and card).

Next up, the Fairy-type Gym Leader who we knew about since the earliest leaks: Opal!

Her second trainer card shows her with Bede. Maybe they are related (possibly Bede's grandmother)?

Now for another set of Version exclusive Gym Leaders for a given town: the one on the left is Melony, the Ice-type Gym Leader. The one on the right is Gordie, the Rock-type Gym Leader.

They are mother and son respectively, and their bios talk about a complicated relationship between the two of them.

Next, say hello to the Fire-type Gym Leader who we learned his name about since the earliest leaks of the game: Kabu!

Kabu is originally from the Hoenn-region according to his bios.

And last but not certainly not least, here is the really cool-looking Dragon-type Gym Leader: Raihan!

He has a big rivalry with Leon according to his bio. He is also called "the most skilled Gym Leader in the Galar region," so he is the last Gym Leader you fight in the story.

All of the Gym Leaders also have secondary trainer cards that show other aspects to them. Here are the highlights of those cards:

Yep, Nessa is a model!

This is why I think Opal and Bede are related.

Allister without his mask!

Piers with shorter hair.

You can view all of these Gym Leaders' trainer cards and their bios in this link.

So far, I'm really liking Kabu, Piers, and Raihan from the looks of them. Character-wise, Piers may just be my favorite out of the Galar Gym Leaders so far, at least from reading his bio and the fact he is Marnie's older brother (most likely)/has some sort of affiliation with Team Yell will probably give him some prominence in the story.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They can still announce the plans without revealing any of the new fighters

that's what they did when they first officially announced the fighter's pass at the end of the November direct last year
Honestly, my gut still tells me that the publicity team is lying. It’s not like they’d get in trouble for it or anything. And it would preserve the surprise.

Plus, my whole “Kazuya/Heihachi crashing Terry’s trailer” thing would be much more effective if it was a genuine surprise. I’m just saying.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I will say that the Cacodemon hat design is more bland in design versus the in game design. Might not mean much. But something I noted.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
If I may bring it up here because I haven't seen a post about it on this thread yet...

Here are the pictures of the remaining Gym Leaders that were not revealed during the pre-release trailers:

First up, the one I'm sure you all were eager to see, say hello to our first Dark-type Gym Leader in the series: Piers!

Supposedly, he is Marnie's older brother, at least that's what his bio implies (not to mention he has Team Yell's symbol on his shirt and card).

Next up, the Fairy-type Gym Leader who we knew about since the earliest leaks: Opal!

Her second trainer card shows her with Bede. Maybe they are related (possibly Bede's grandmother)?

Now for another set of Version exclusive Gym Leaders for a given town: the one on the left is Melony, the Ice-type Gym Leader. The one on the right is Gordie, the Rock-type Gym Leader.

They are mother and son respectively, and their bios talk about a complicated relationship between the two of them.

Next, say hello to the Fire-type Gym Leader who we learned his name about since the earliest leaks of the game: Kabu!

And last but not certainly not least, here is the really cool-looking Dragon-type Gym Leader: Raihan!

He has a big rivalry with Leon according to his bio. He is also called "the most skilled Gym Leader in the Galar region," so he is the last Gym Leader you fight in the story.

All of the Gym Leaders also have secondary trainer cards that show other aspects to them. Here are the highlights of those cards:

Yep, Nessa is a model!

Piers with shorter hair.

You can view all of these Gym Leaders' trainer cards and their bios in this link.

So far, I'm really liking Kabu, Piers, and Raihan from the looks of them. Character-wise, Piers may just be my favorite out of the Galar Gym Leaders so far, at least from reading his bio and the fact he is Marnie's older brother (most likely)/has some sort of affiliation with Team Yell will probably give him some prominence in the story.
ASDFGHJKL ALLISTER IS SO CUUUUTE X3

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO ****ING GETS IT!!!!!

I was starting to think I was insane! Even here, despite all the evidence to the contrary, people still act like current relevance and popularity in Japan are the end-all be-all factors. It’s driving me nuts!
Look, after Joker literally anything is possible I refuse to believe "Oh he's irrelevant" or "Oh, Japan doesn't like him" matters, because I don't think the Smash team cares about boundaries with who to include. They'll add whoever they want

Yep, Nessa is a model!

Piers with shorter hair.

Oh my god Piers!! Bea is my favorite Gym Leader still, but man, I love Piers!! I'm also partial to Melony, and I really dig how Piers and Opal have relationships with Marnie and Bede, like an inverse Norman/Player relationship from RSE

D

Deleted member

We're never going to figure out the legitimacy of this video leak, are we?
Not any time soon. Leaks can be months in advance, mii hat modeling isn't exactly time consuming for a good 3d modelist, and god forbid it's a case where they are real but deconfirm DOOM and Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom