• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Mind if you be more specific?
If you can hear this while playing Smash.
and this
Then anything is possible. (Note, I love Calling ot the Night, but it's certainly the mood whiplash when you first hear it in Smash)

That, and the OG This is True Love We Makin' is a banger, how could anyone dislike it?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think what "making love" means is a bigger concern than whether or not it feels like a song to fight to.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Eh? You're saying the DLC roster has a balanced gender ratio?
No, I'm saying that it doesn't (which is why I included the Kazooie comment), but even if we got that with this post-Fighters Pass DLC, plenty of people would still find a reason to be ungrateful about what we get.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No, I'm saying that it doesn't (which is why I included the Kazooie comment), but even if we got that with this post-Fighters Pass DLC, plenty of people would still find a reason to be ungrateful about what we get.
Including me.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Good morning, guys! Anyone excited for tommorow?
I know I am. It was about time we see Terry in action.

Also, from what little I've heard, his stage will probably have A-tier music.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I know I am. It was about time we see Terry in action.

Also, from what little I've heard, his stage will probably have A-tier music.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, we said the same thing about Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.

Granted, I'm sure copyright is less of a hassle for FF/KoF.

And tbh, the DQ3 and DQ4 songs actually are kinda decent even as MIDIs. It's the DQ11 ones that I have issues with.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
For all we know they added content that we wouldnt normally think of.

Online Squad Strike is highly speculated due to the correlation with King of Fighters, but who is to say we will not get stuff like online Smashdown, online multi-man, online HRC, among others?

What if they add stage builder content?

What if Terry has a wide array of moves/inputs that needs explaining?

What if the stage is very quirky and a series first in some way?

D

Deleted member

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, we said the same thing about Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.

Granted, I'm sure copyright is less of a hassle for FF/KoF.

And tbh, the DQ3 and DQ4 songs actually are kinda decent even as MIDIs. It's the DQ11 ones that I have issues with.
The DQ music we got wasn’t that bad at all.

I find the MIDI reprise of War Cry good enough, and they are fun to use in Yggdrassil’s Altar.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So yeah, I find it incredibly interesting that we spend hours online talking with each other about Smash, but the minute anything related to it that doesn’t concern new characters the hype flies out the window for some folks.

I get it, Terry Bogard isn’t exactly as hype to some folks in the fan base. He’s no Sonic or Cloud. But we’re literally getting Smash news, but to some people it’s just not good enough.

This makes me think of the whole “character select screen” meme. It’s a mascot fighter, so clearly people care more about who is in rather than the what. But it’s kinda silly that, you know, we play this game, yet people will skip over an entire presentation simply because it doesn’t have a new character.

Sakurai does these streams to educate fans on things they may not know, such as the history of a character or series, and how they’re going to play in Smash, and show how much love he puts into each Challenger Pack.

I don’t know. Seems folks miss the point.

D

Deleted member

So yeah, I find it incredibly interesting that we spend hours online talking with each other about Smash, but the minute anything related to it that doesn’t concern new characters the hype flies out the window for some folks.

I get it, Terry Bogard isn’t exactly as hype to some folks in the fan base. He’s no Sonic or Cloud. But we’re literally getting Smash news, but to some people it’s just not good enough.

This makes me think of the whole “character select screen” meme. It’s a mascot fighter, so clearly people care more about who is in rather than the what. But it’s kinda silly that, you know, we play this game, yet people will skip over an entire presentation simply because it doesn’t have a new character.

Sakurai does these streams to educate fans on things they may not know, such as the history of a character or series, and how they’re going to play in Smash, and show how much love he puts into each Challenger Pack.

I was originally not going to see it because I thought the presentation was at 6/8am as in other countries so I wouldn’t catch it.

But turns out that for me the presentation is at 1pm, so I may actually catch it.

Looking forward to the new Mii costumes and potential Terry alts.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

fans: "give us smash news"
sakurai: "ok"
fans: "no, not that smash news"
sakurai: "wh

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So anyway, Persona got 11 music tracks, Banjo got 10 songs, and Dragon Quest got the least with 8 songs. So how kuch do you think Terry is gonna get? All of them are pretty close in terms of numbers.

Hopefully we don't get another FF situation with only 2.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So anyway, Persona got 11 music tracks, Banjo got 10 songs, and Dragon Quest got the least with 8 songs. So how kuch do you think Terry is gonna get? All of them are pretty close in terms of numbers.
An average of those three, so 14.5 tracks.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I'm gonna say uh... 12

I don't expect there to be any real drawbacks to the music, in terms of composer rights or especially high fees.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman

I hope I don't sound too terribly entitled when I say that I wish there was more Persona 5 music, namely Whims of Fate and a remix of The Days When My Mother Was There and maybe Ark

I'm glad 3 and 4 were represented, but I really wish we got one or two more new Persona 5 tracks

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Now, if we're gonna look at stats for music tracks with each DLC franchise.
SF got 6 on debut, 2 remixes
FF got 2, no remixes
Bayonetta got 11, with 2(?) Remixes
Persona got 11 with 3 remixes
Dragon Quest got 8 with no remixes
Banjo got 10 with 8 remixes

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Now, if we're gonna look at stats for music tracks with each DLC franchise.
SF got 6 on debut, 2 remixes
FF got 2, no remixes
Bayonetta got 11, with 2(?) Remixes
Persona got 11 with 3 remixes
Dragon Quest got 8 with no remixes
Banjo got 10 with 8 remixes
Am I the only one who’s upset that, even going into Ultimate, all of the Street Fighter tracks are from 2 and it’s roster? None of the themes of any of the other characters and stages from across the series. Just 2.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who’s upset that, even going into Ultimate, all of the Street Fighter tracks are from 2 and it’s roster? None of the themes of any of the other characters and stages from across the series. Just 2.
We gotta get Zeku's theme. Such a freaking bop, man

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
nintendo still hasn't taken down the videos of cacodemon and mallow

really makes you think

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think what "making love" means is a bigger concern than whether or not it feels like a song to fight to.
Given the context, it seems to be equating fighting as a really good way to connect with someone.

But I don't think that's what you had in mind.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My guesses is that they either know that taking down the videos will immediately draw suspicion or they were busy hunting down the SwSh leaker
Either way. We’re not gonna find out tomorrow. And leaks like this only matter if the content coming within are being released/revealed in the next few days.

Wouldn’t this be a nice thought. “Here are a bunch of Mii Fighter Costumes, and they’re hints for upcoming playable characters”.

Or they could just reveal the whole pass right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom