• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'm still suspicious.

But I don't know if I want to risk losing sleep over a big ol' heap of nothing.
Nothing to be suspicious about. They're being clear and honest. It is a video about patch 6.0.0 and just that.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Not sure I'll be able to tune in for the direct, but we'll see. I'm not gonna stress it.

Imagine if it the reveal ends up being someone I actually really want playable like Spyro or Tetra lawl

Shroob

Sup?
Keeping my expectations middle ground ish.

The timing of when it'll go live is absolute hell, but I'll do my damndest to tune in.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nothing to be suspicious about. They're being clear and honest. It is a video about patch 6.0.0 and just that.
Right. It’s only about patch 6 and it’s going to talk about terry, one stage, and a handful of Mii costumes.

I’m sorry for being rude. But that is horse ****. They’re LYING. They have to be. Otherwise the stream wouldn’t be as long as it is.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Right. It’s only about patch 6 and it’s going to talk about terry, one stage, and a handful of Mii costumes.

I’m sorry for being rude. But that is horse ****. They’re LYING. They have to be. Otherwise the stream wouldn’t be as long as it is.
We have no idea what's in store.

Sakurai seems to have a fight pad with him. He could be playing some Fatal Fury, and we might get an online mode for an existing mode to show.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Remember last year's presentation? They spent most of the time dragging on the Spirits mode and things no one cares about like the options menu.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, depending on how complex Terry is, I could see it.

But I'd be lying if I said I 100% believed them.

On the fence about this for once.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

They could very easily pad it out with a whole bunch of raw footage of Sakurai and other staff members playing Smash matches. We won’t know until it happens, but it’s very, very possible. They haven’t done that before, as there’s usually just one raw footage match, but who knows?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
No. Clearly he's gonna detail every single patch note as well and go into excruciating detail with every single frame of movement from Terry and every Mii Costume will take up a minute or so and are all special like Sans.

Yes, I'm absolutely ecstatic that by tuning in, this takes up 3 quarters of an hour of my morning.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
...what if the fight pad is a new controller they will announce?

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
No. Clearly he's gonna detail every single patch note as well and go into excruciating detail with every single frame of movement from Terry and every Mii Costume will take up a minute or so and are all special like Sans.

Yes, I'm absolutely ecstatic that by tuning in, this takes up 3 quarters of my morning.
Why is your morning only 1 hour long?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Not to get all "conspiracy" on you, but remember when Sakurai said "Fighter" for E3? Then we got Hero AND Banjo?

I don't think we'll get information on the next fighter, but I think there's a chance it ends with the reveal of the fighter, if that makes sense.

Anyway, we'll get some disconfirmations.
I want to believe you, but the tweet clearly said “announcements” as its choice of words

So it looks like we have to wait until the VGAs, I guess

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I got it...they are lying so Phoenix objects at the end ;)

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
regardless of whether he's announced on wednesday, doomguy is totally still in. I have full belief in that leak rn

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
I dont care all that much about the direct, so I'll be back probably afterwards, or at least not be on for too long until after the direct

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They could very easily pad it out with a whole bunch of raw footage of Sakurai and other staff members playing Smash matches. We won’t know until it happens, but it’s very, very possible. They haven’t done that before, as there’s usually just one raw footage match, but who knows?
Why would they though? Why not just make a shorter presentation if they don’t have much to say. They didn’t HAVE to make it 45 minutes long. They only would if they had enough material to fill it.

It is so easy for them to lie about this too. Say that fans shouldn’t be expecting much and it lowers their expectations and then BAM huge surprise when they actually tell the truth. It’s such a shallow and obvious marketing tactic.

Shroob

Sup?
Galaxy brain of never happening

The presentation will only cover 6.0 news because fighter 4 and 5 are in 6.0

Poggers

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Why would they though? Why not just make a shorter presentation if they don’t have much to say. They didn’t HAVE to make it 45 minutes long. They only would if they had enough material to fill it.

It is so easy for them to lie about this too. Say that fans shouldn’t be expecting much and it lowers their expectations and then BAM huge surprise when they actually tell the truth. It’s such a shallow and obvious marketing tactic.
Maybe these tweets from Sakurai explain this? I can't translate but maybe someone can...

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Unlikely thing, but, what if they revealed a mobile tie-in game for Ultimate? Gotta attract that mobile crowd, too...

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Well, if it's the VGAs then it's definitely someone big. Expect Doomguy but also any other gaming icon.

D

Deleted member

If you can't tell, I have some, *ahem* interesting tastes in design.

Most of the designs are fine, it's just most of em SCREAM overdesign to me(mainly the
Legendary "unarmored" forms
)
Guess that explains why you like the
Penguin. That thing is ridiculously simple in its design. Just a penguin with a big ole block of Ice around its head. One of my least favorite ever...and there's a thousand of them now so he's pretty low for me lol.

I can get the taste for simplicity though; sometimes less is more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom