• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Hmm... If there is no other character announcements in this presentation, what could they possibly say in something 20 minutes longer than the last character presentation?

Anywho, looks like we might have to wait for the Game Awards for the next fighter.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Even more than Hero though?
Nah. But there's enough to go into detail for a while. Not to mention potential EX versions. Terry's got:

Power Wave(mainstay)
Burn Knuckle(mainstay)
Crack Shoot(mainstay)
Rising Tackle(ALMOST mainstay)
Power Dunk(in a lot of stuff)
Fire Kick
Quick Burn(a Double Fire Punch)
Round Wave
Power Charge
His C+D Kick

There's a few others I'm probably missing though.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lmao well yeah if it's really true then that is very disappointing. The rate at which new characters were being announced would suggest 5 being revealed with Terry's presentation. Perhaps we'll get something in the January Direct then.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
What are they going to do for 45 minutes, if there aren't any new characters and no new modes? I can't see Sakurai talking about Terry taking any longer than it did for Hero, and that was half as long.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

To hammer in the no newcomers confirmation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looks like we’ll be waiting till the game awards for 5 then

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
and Mega Construx has the license to Pokémon too
I wonder why LEGO has never been able to get a license for anything Nintendo related? Clearly they’ve been in contact before, given the Mario things in LEGO City Undercover, but yeah. Maybe LEGO charges too much or something, or there’s too much upstart costs (molds for new LEGO parts tend to cost a lot more than those for other brands since they’re machined much more precisely.)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My guess is taking modes and updating then more. As well as maybe a lot more spirits. World of Light could certain use more stuff. Areas for each Fighter's Pass character. I'd love a Target option for Stage Builder(I doubt this). Tournament Mode changes. Online option changes? Going over the actual patch notes?

Master Hand playable in Century Smash would be a great thing to say. But it's technically an unannounced fighter, so...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hmm... If there is no other character announcements in this presentation, what could they possibly say in something 20 minutes longer than the last character presentation?

Anywho, looks like we might have to wait for the Game Awards for the next fighter.
I am not buying it. There is nothing else they could show for that time. They’re done with modes.

D

Deleted member

I told you guys
Get ready for 20 minutes of Sakurai walking around his home and vlogging

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not to get all "conspiracy" on you, but remember when Sakurai said "Fighter" for E3? Then we got Hero AND Banjo?

I don't think we'll get information on the next fighter, but I think there's a chance it ends with the reveal of the fighter, if that makes sense.

Anyway, we'll get some disconfirmations.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lol **** that.

They finna have no one watch it then doing it THAT early for character people can just practice with in the game itself.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
TFW there's a direct this week purely focused on Smash

581926003526336522.png

But then they say they won't talk about anyone unrevealed

639247864878333962.png

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Imagine having the longest Smash presentation ever and not revealing new characters.

Really curious as to what Sakurai is going to show then.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I am thinking squad strike gets an online mode added here.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm pretty sure they said "we're probably done adding new modes". So Mode information isn't impossible. But updates might happen instead of new modes too. No way to know till the next two days. I wouldn't completely rule out anything but a playable fighter beyond Terry.

But Jones brings up a good point. Depends how you define information in this case. It's been proven that announcements of this caliber uses weasel words.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'm still suspicious.

But I don't know if I want to risk losing sleep over a big ol' heap of nothing.

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
You know, this technically doesn’t say they couldn’t reveal a bunch more stages or something. They are gonna have to expand the stage select screen somehow for the post-pass characters anyway, unless none of them have stages or something.

I’ve always thought that the lack of new “Sakurai pick” stages was one of the more disappointing parts of Ultimate. It was always fun seeing how they’d make stages out of things like OS features and heavily casual focused games...

edit: I still don’t think that’d fill 45 minutes, but yeah.

Last edited:

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Legit I am no longer excited for this direct at this point.
I'll miss it anyway, it will just showcase stuff I can learn playing the game later that day, and it just seems like a waste of time.

D

Deleted member

I'm not disappointed, I just don't see how it would take 45 min to talk about Terry.
Same here. Assuming every single move takes 2 minutes to cover, that's still only around 30-ish minutes. So, something big is coming. but what, exactly?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah, we've yet to experience another leak that had similar effects to the Grinch Leak, nor one that has lasted quite as long as the Grinch.

And for the sake of the fanbase, I sincerely hope we never do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom