• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
I'm expecting nothing more than a poorly paced version of the previous presentations.

Which to be honest was what I was expecting before everyone got me hyped about how long it was. So I can live with it. Bring on Bogard

Shroob

Sup?
Ken Masters was always the key.

It's written all over the smug guy's face. He's untrustworthy.

How's he gonna keep his job? Everyone knows now; this man is in every real leak. His Smash career is practically over. :bowsette:
So what you're saying is

"Ken Masters... is the key to all this. He's a funnier character than we've ever had."

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
After some time to cool down, an unscripted stream sounds like fun. Still suspicious about its length, and I wont be able to tune in, but I'll see what was talked about at lunch and watch it after school.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Guys imagine.

As Sakurai states we have no DLC fighters to announce we get this.

"OBJECTION!!!!"

That'd be so genius of Sakurai. Trolling us once again.
We're probably not getting another character if they felt the need to specifically mention "No extra fighter announcements".

They could have other types of Smash related news. But I dunno what'd be. Other than me hoping we get another Ballot for I can vote for Mega Man X or Jin Kazama and so on.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If it’s Phoenix Wright showing up with an OBJECTION would be pretty great to be honest.

I’d eat crow because I’d have been wrong with another DLC choice, but I think that would actually be pretty cool to reveal him that way. It’s also mean I would be obligated to play Ace Attorney, which would probably be worth my time.

Too bad the backlog has gotten decently large.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If it’s Phoenix Wright showing up with an OBJECTION would be pretty great to be honest.

I’d eat crow because I’d have been wrong with another DLC choice, but I think that would actually be pretty cool to reveal him that way. It’s also mean I would be obligated to play Ace Attorney, which would probably be worth my time.

Ace attorney is absolutely worth your time. Especially the original trilogy.

the later games aren’t too bad either. Apollo justice is a little slow but not bad.

the spinoffs are great too. The investigations sequel is a masterpiece every step of the way

Shroob

Sup?
Ace attorney is absolutely worth your time. Especially the original trilogy.

the later games aren’t too bad either. Apollo justice is a little slow but not bad.

the spinoffs are great too. The investigations sequel is a masterpiece every step of the way
Music's a ****ing bop.

Who can stand still in a courtroom whenever someone gets cornered the band fires up?

D

Deleted member

>MFW there's no FP5 announcement or any future DLC of any kind
What if you wanted to go to heaven.png

Edit: Also credit to PLATINUM7 PLATINUM7 for making the meme. It's a good meme.

Double edit: Credit to Hinata Hinata too I don't know who made the meme. *sigh*

TRIPLE EDIT: Credit to Platinum7. End of discussion. *double sigh*

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, honestly I'm fine with nothing being shown in the Terry presentation aside from Mii Costumes.

I wanna get the FP over as much as the next guy but I'm not losing any sleep over it, we'll have a new character, stage, and a handful of Mii Costumes that could potentially reshape how we view FP5.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I admit I’m mostly believing them when they say no new announcements will be made.

but why the hell are they saying this to begin with? They’ve never cared to do so with any other broadcast.

I low key think this is a ruse because of the mii costume leak. Why C and D it when you can really crush expectations and the leak itself if you say no new fighter.

that why you keep the surprise. Also devs have been straight out lying about smash to keep hype up so maybe Nintendo took a page out of their book.
I’m probably hopeful but this is all very odd.

I really want verge to chime in and crush or raise expectations. Hell I might even take Sabi at this point it she’s not bull ****ting
Because they likely know their fanbase is going to see the 45 minute mark and assume that it must mean a character even if there isn't any other indication of one being there. This is the same developer that basically said 'I already picked out the characters for the DLC, stop asking please' to the western fanbase when the Fighter Pass was announced, so it's not farfetched that they're trying to avoid people getting overhyped for something that may not come to pass.

Plus I doubt they care about the Mii Costumes video, leak or not Nintendo and Sakurai have never directly responded to a rumor in official announcements and I doubt they'd start here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Music's a ****ing bop.

Who can stand still in a courtroom whenever someone gets cornered the band fires up?
Halfway through the direct:
Sakurai: “ Thank you for tuning in today, that’s all I have to show, but please enjoy Terry when he releases”

“OBJECTION!”

*this kicks in

Phoenix: “Mr Sakurai, what you said contradicts the facts! This presentation is o ly halfway done! I’m here now for the grand turnabout!”

*cue gameplay

D

Deleted member

I made it.

I posted it in the Newcomer/DLC thread.
Oh I'm absolutely sorry I did not know that.

I absolutely did not mean to use your meme without credit. I'm sorry. I'll edit my post to credit you right away.

Wait now Hinata says she made it? I'm so confused. I'm just gonna credit both and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

I absolutely did not mean to use your meme without credit. I'm sorry. I'll edit my post to credit you right away.

Wait now Hinata says she made it? I'm so confused. I'm just gonna credit both and move on.
My post was a joke. :p

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Honestly, I'd be more annoyed if stealing memes wasn't a meme in itself.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
I mean, we did have that one 4chan leak saying that Terry would come on the 6th and Phoenix would be character 5...

But given that that was a random 4chan leak, there's a 0.001% chance of it being true

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I mean, we did have that one 4chan leak saying that Terry would come on the 6th and Phoenix would be character 5...

But given that that was a random 4chan leak, there's a 0.001% chance of it being true
Anyone can make a lucky guess on 4Chan, don't count on it.

Also, any developments on Ken's latest leak debauchery?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Is it finally safe for all of us to start giving Pokemon the Call of Duty treatment now? I already knew Gamefreak was not giving any effort, but lousy animations, and borderline N64 visuals are not an excuse to cut 62% of your entire roster. Not to mention the yearly releases with almost no changes at all whatsoever. Like I said before, if this franchise was owned by EA or Activision, you all would be tearing this game and franchise to shreds. But its Pokemon, which is technically a Nintendo property, so I guess they get a free pass

D

Deleted member

Is it finally safe for all of us to start giving Pokemon the Call of Duty treatment now? I already knew Gamefreak was not giving any effort, but lousy animations, and borderline N64 visuals are not an excuse to cut 62% of your entire roster. Not to mention the yearly releases with almost no changes at all whatsoever. Like I said before, if this franchise was owned by EA or Activision, you all would be tearing this game and franchise to shreds. But its Pokemon, which is technically a Nintendo property, so I guess they get a free pass
Wish N64 titles looked like SwSh.

Shroob

Sup?
Sadly, no. People are still pulling the "YoU HaVEn'T PLAyED theGAmE YET! card despite the leakers pretty much spilling out for us bare what the game has to offer, and from the sound of it:

400 Pokemon total+Mythicals

8 Gyms, but no Elite 4

Basically no postgame aside from generic battle tower and breeding.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually super big brain thinking. The presentation makes not of how it could be cancelled literally any moment if something happens.

It would be really fun if halfway in Sakurai’s office/house gets “broken into” and Sakurai decides only one man can help him find the true culprit. Cue Phoenix Wright.

how would you react

osby

Smash Obsessed
People are angry over "are u OK?" guy getting 45 minutes to himself, but it's just his revenge for getting overshadowed by a skeleton and bear.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think the new Pokémon games look great.

Sure you still have some generic animations like Double Kick - and after playing some Emerald I realized Wingull’s current idle animation is kinda weird - but everything else looks spot-on imo, and the trainers and gym leaders + the main character and whoever seem much more alive than even the liveliest characters in past games. The textures look fine imo, definitely not an N64 game’s except for that one tree or two they’ve probably fixed.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

You haven't played Ace Attorney yet???? Jones... I'm disappointed.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Sadly, no. People are still pulling the "YoU HaVEn'T PLAyED theGAmE YET! card despite the leakers pretty much spilling out for us bare what the game has to offer, and from the sound of it:

400 Pokemon total+Mythicals

8 Gyms, but no Elite 4

Basically no postgame aside from generic battle tower and breeding.

We haven't gotten the full report on the postgame yet, that one may still be jumping the gun like the 632 rumor.

Edit: Also, the Elite 4 we already knew wouldn't be back as that was confirmed to be replaced by a anime-esque tournament in an official announcement, the question is whether we can re-battle those trainers.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
We haven't gotten the full report on the postgame yet, that one may still be jumping the gun like the 632 rumor.
I find that hard to believe when people have already caught all 400 Pokemon. If there was a substantial postgame, you think they'd have mentioned that while grinding out all 400 Pokemon

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I find that hard to believe when people have already caught all 400 Pokemon. If there was a substantial postgame, you think they'd have mentioned that while grinding out all 400 Pokemon
No one has caught all 400, they've seen all of them, but no one has got the complete set. You can tell because every pokedex image we got still has a number of them shaded.

Nonetheless, I'm not saying there's going to be anything substantial like B2W2 or Platinum, more that there could be things like the Looker Sidequest or additional post-game Raid Battles to unlock Gigantimax forms.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
No one has caught all 400, they've seen all of them, but no one has got the complete set. You can tell because every pokedex image we got still has a number of them shaded.

Nonetheless, I'm not saying there's going to be anything substantial like B2W2 or Platinum, more that there could be things like the Looker Sidequest or additional post-game Raid Battles to unlock Gigantimax forms.
Doubt. I've seen a lot of images of people talking to Sonya saying that "You completed the Galar Pokedex!"

New Raid Battles have been 'confirmed' by the same people who said that the post game was sparse just, yeah that's pretty much not what I'm looking for.

We're never getting a Battle Frontier-like zone again, and it hurts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom