• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm conflicted on Sword and Shield because I love so many of the new Pokemon and quite a few of my favorites ended up coming back
But gawddamn 60% of the national dex just being gone is a lot to take in

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm conflicted in Sword and Shield because I love so many of the new Pokemon and quite a few of my favorites ended up coming back
But gawddamn 60% of the national dex just being gone is a lot to take in
Pretty much how I've felt these last few days.

Awesome new Pokemon!

But they pulled a Giga-Thanos and did OVER half.

There's Gyms again!

But no Elite 4.

Postgame!

Not looking too hot.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Pretty much how I've felt these last few days.

Awesome new Pokemon!

But they pulled a Giga-Thanos and did OVER half.

There's Gyms again!

But no Elite 4.

Postgame!

Not looking too hot.
The Poké snap is Arceus using Judgment on every Pokémon and seeing who lived.
Not even Arceus survived...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Doubt. I've seen a lot of images of people talking to Sonya saying that "You completed the Galar Pokedex!"

New Raid Battles have been 'confirmed' by the same people who said that the post game was sparse just, yeah that's pretty much not what I'm looking for.

We're never getting a Battle Frontier-like zone again, and it hurts.
Fair enough on that, I haven't seen any of those images on the leak forums I was visiting so I was assuming that no one has got to that point.

I wasn't expecting the Battle Frontier here (though fingers crossed it's in the DP remakes), but I was hoping for something at least akin to SM where you had some things you could mess around with such as the Looker Sidequest and exploring a few new areas. So far we got post-game Raid Battles, rematchable Gym Leaders, and a Battle Tower, with the first two being nice, but conflicting reports on whether we have a post-game episode. That's why I'm waiting for further information on the matter since I'm hoping we'd get that, but I haven't gotten anything concrete on the matter.

Also, while we don't have an Elite Four, is it confirmed that we can't rematch the tournament? We knew that the Elite Four were gone for a while thanks to that official announcement, but I was hoping that the tournament at least would be replayable. That would be fun to play through if they mixed it up like the SM Champion battle feature.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The Terry presentation is going to be 25 minutes of Sakurai explaining how Terry work, his history &, some Mii costumes, while the last 20 minutes are just Terry & Sakurai Fortnite dancing in sync, because Sakurai wanted to "get more hips with the kids", in his own words, as well as showing that Terry isn't a boomer pick guys.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Don't worry. Arceus will manifest itself again in time for the Sinnoh remakes where he receives a buff in the form of some new mechanic or transformation.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also wtf, the direct is like when I have work, in the morning!

No cool samurai, no cool.:ultsonic:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Terry deserves every last second of those 45 minutes and more.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Sadly, no. People are still pulling the "YoU HaVEn'T PLAyED theGAmE YET! card despite the leakers pretty much spilling out for us bare what the game has to offer, and from the sound of it:

400 Pokemon total+Mythicals

8 Gyms, but no Elite 4

Basically no postgame aside from generic battle tower and breeding.
Post game has you fight against gyms rematches dynamax forms (i think?) and you and Hop catch the boxart legendaries and battle eachother

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Terry deserves every last second of those 45 minutes and more.
Hopefully Sakurai doesn't spend too much of that time tarrying. :090:

"tarry" isn't a typo. I just realized people might have seen it that way. :colorful:

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Terry fans: "Our revenge is finally at hand!"

Sakurai: *reveals Frisk as a playable character at the end of the direct*

Terry fans:
tenor.gif

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Is it finally safe for all of us to start giving Pokemon the Call of Duty treatment now? I already knew Gamefreak was not giving any effort, but lousy animations, and borderline N64 visuals are not an excuse to cut 62% of your entire roster. Not to mention the yearly releases with almost no changes at all whatsoever. Like I said before, if this franchise was owned by EA or Activision, you all would be tearing this game and franchise to shreds. But its Pokemon, which is technically a Nintendo property, so I guess they get a free pass
I would say just to let people enjoy things. Heck, I'm a Mega Man fan and a lot of those titles have similar mechanics in most titles, just with very different weapons and stages. However I do agree I don't see much in the game that excites me in terms of visuals, it's still like the 3DS games. And mechanically, I find Dynamaxing to be a more disappointing version of Mega Evolution. Everyone's getting hyped up for curry, but if there's no proper Elite 4, No post Pokemon League content of any significance. I also feel that cutting the Pokemon to 400 is a pretty huge blow. Less than half, when the Pokemon themselves are the main point? Pass. There's people in my family that still want it, so I'm cool with that and all. But I've skipped a few Pokemon games before, so this isn't new. I can see some positives in the game, but Game Freak isn't going to change much because they don't NEED to, they've got it good.

Shroob

Sup?
I will just add to this that:

One of the main arguments I saw about the whole cut was:

"They're not going to cut over half the Pokedex, you're crazy if you think that!"

download.png

"Well uhhh.... according to my maths.... 60.6% is a lot higher than 50%....

images.png

WHO'S CRAZY NOW?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Soon, we can do this
Man, if Terry ever got a proper English voice again(like in some FF/KOF show)I wonder who'd they get to voice him. Cause I think Johnny Yong Bosch(I think that's how you spell his name) would probably make for a great Rock Howard. Maybe Josh Keaton as Terry?

Kyle Hebert or Patrick Seitz would be my choice for Iori. I could see Yuri Lowenthal as Joe Higashi. And they can just get Geese's English voice from Tekken 7 for him.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I'm still avoiding Pokemon design and story spoilers, but I want to give my personal thoughts on some worrying things I've heard about it's post game.

I'm personally not terribly bothered by it since I expect the game to have some of the best replay value we've seen from Pokemon in a while.

Skippable tutorials should have been added a long time ago but they're still much better late then never, and the wild area means there will probably be a healthy variety of pokemon available throughout the game, even without the national dex (yes I know 60% of it was cut and that's a shame - but most of those cut pokemon would probably only be available post game anyway, and thus replay value is not effected too much). And since it's on a console this time, you can have multiple save files by creating alternate switch accounts. I could easily see this becoming a game I play through multiple times - maybe this'll even be the first time I play a nuzloche through to the end.

Now the lack of battle facilities does bother me a good deal, but the Battle Frontier has always been a 3rd edition thing anyway. I still think they should have added it anyway but...ah well.

D

Deleted member

So what happens if the Cacodemon and Mallow are no-shows on Wednesday? Do we assume the leak is fake and move on or do we riot because it might mean Doomguy and Geno are really coming?

Shroob

Sup?
So what happens if the Cacodemon and Mallow are no-shows on Wednesday? Do we assume the leak is fake and move on or do we riot because it might mean Doomguy and Geno are really coming?
Oh you know the answer.

Riots in the streets.

Cats and dogs living together.

Many pecks to be given.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
That would be the case if that was the kill date but there is no kill date listed

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
This is what i'm gonna do if my most wanted 1st party fighters (Bandana Dee, Poochy, Shake King, Zacian and Titan Dweevil) get into Smash Ultimate:
DANCIEY.gif

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I would personally believe the costumes are coming next reveal at that point hence why they seemingly are in a testing phase

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
We debate in circles arguing whether it's real or not and how good the characters are until Sakurai ends our suffering and reveals the final set of Mii Costumes for FP5.

So business as usual.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It'd be ****ing hilarious, that's what it'd be.

In said scenario, instead of giving us a hint, Ken Leaker would be giving us a warning.
Ken is a fickle being, like a Genie
Gotta phrase your requests very specifically or you end up with Mii costumes

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Non-stop rambling and raving on whether or not it leads to Rip and Tear Man or Forest Maze Boy.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think it’s still real, but they’re saving them for later to be released with Doomguy and Geno. Sakurai and his team work on multiple things at once and are ahead of schedule, and would’ve had to negotiate for these hats beforehand, and the hats still seem to be getting tested based on the leak’s stuff so I don’t think they have to be with Terry.

Shroob

Sup?
It's kinda funny how many 'wars' we've had this cycle.

Decidueye vs Incineroar

Box vs Grinch

Insiders vs Grinch

Everyone else vs Erdrick

Steve vs Banjo

If we have to Doomguy vs Geno, I dunno which side to root for, I love both.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Me using Jet Hammer on anyone with shield in a nutshell:
no sir.jpg

"Stupid penguin, you make me look bad!"
"YOU ARE GETTING OUT OF DAT DERE CHAIR RIGHT NOW THIS INSTANT!!!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom