• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Anyways I may not have been around for Brawl, Smash 4 or even the majority of Smash Ultimate but I will most likely be around for Smash 6 and I have one questionn: Y'all ready for 20+ percent of the roster to be cut? Cause I'm sure ready for the flame wars that will come out of it.
As long as they don’t cut Hero and the Metroid reps I am cool.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
None of ya'll youngsters were around for Brawl speculah. Smash 4 speculation doesn't even hold a candle to that tempest, lol

Smooth Criminal
Wasn't that when everyone got SUPER pissed about ROB being the final reveal?

I'm glad I missed that particular storm.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
None of ya'll youngsters were around for Brawl speculah. Smash 4 speculation doesn't even hold a candle to that tempest, lol

Smooth Criminal
Never forget when Nintendo accidentally leaked Lucario themselves. Just straight up confirmed him as playable.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Anyways I may not have been around for Brawl, Smash 4 or even the majority of Smash Ultimate but I will most likely be around for Smash 6 and I have one questionn: Y'all ready for 20+ percent of the roster to be cut? Cause I'm sure ready for the flame wars that will come out of it.
At least with that it would be understandable because of issues with licenses from 3rd parties (that can't be cheap), unlike whatever the hell is going on with Pokemon right now

D

Deleted member

Man people debating about which third parties are gonna be cut would be an real warzone
Ideally none of them would get cut because I like them all but not everyone would see it that way

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Eh the Ken leak was pretty much impossible to fake, we had multiple analyses of it that basically all came to that conclusion. Text leaks can't really be "faked" per say, not in the same way as images at least. and while I wasn't active in speculation for the ESRB leak, I'm pretty sure there was enough stuff going on for it by the end that it couldn't have been fake.

And in any case, that's why I said "likely"
There’s a lot going for this one too. And the ESRB leak could have easily just been a photoshop job. As with the Ken leak.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I still hope they just port Ultimate with a handful of content. It can’t be topped, so.... why have it ever end?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I’m gonna be honest. With the way the roster is now, idek if I’ll buy smash 6. Especially if Geno does end up as dlc. The roster’s already so perfect so why do I need another game with inevitable cuts?

D

Deleted member

You're about to have a doggo time.
That sounds so similar to megalovania, it's not even funny.
Anyone care to do some "tests" on it(I don't have the software for it atm, have some sound editing on my main computer)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This happens with a mii hat port that doesn't cover the head:

edit: apparently helmets are easy because the head doesn't load since it doesn't need to, and this is why modders have such a hard time with hats. Until someone proves to me they can get a working Mallow hat in the game with no issues just like the leak, instead of a helmet or low-effort cube, I'm leaning on real.
Man the plot is so thick now we can’t even see

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
That song is a remix of the sample song made by Toby Fox for SwSh.

The remix has beats from Megalovania near the end. The original doesn't, although in my opinion you can hear some of Asgore in the original.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
That sounds so similar to megalovania, it's not even funny.
Anyone care to do some "tests" on it(I don't have the software for it atm, have some sound editing on my main computer)
For clarification, that's Toby's track in the Megalovania soundfont. This is what it actually sounds like.

D

Deleted member

Still I remain skeptical on this leak but I’m leaning towards the memes but if it’s real then I would see doom being 5 and geno being 6 or better yet geno could be the first Challenger pack in a possible spirits upgrade pass I always think about.:p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Gamexplain wouldn’t even show the leak in their discussion.

that’s the first time they have done this. Really makes you think...
Are they trying to avoid ninjas?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

edit: apparently helmets are easy because the head doesn't load since it doesn't need to, and this is why modders have such a hard time with hats. Until someone proves to me they can get a working Mallow hat in the game with no issues just like the leak, instead of a helmet or low-effort cube, I'm leaning on real.
Another one bites the dust!

Seriously, it’s the invincible leak!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Was it ever even confirmed that Gamexplain had insider info? It's possible they just didn't want to discuss it.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

Or maybe they're just being considerate for their viewers just in case this turns out to be real.

D

Deleted member

For clarification, that's Toby's track in the Megalovania soundfont. This is what it actually sounds like.
Pretty sure it has the same beat, actually..
Just to be safe, may as well play them side by side:

Edit: damn they actually sound nearly alike, beat wise. Was not expecting that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128

All I know is that I don't trust GameXplain to be honest regarding leaks (even if they end up being correct) because I'm pretty sure they have more to lose regarding discussing them since they are essentially a Nintendo news channel

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Was it ever even confirmed that Gamexplain had insider info? Cause if not, then it's possible they just didn't want to discuss it.
Clearly if they made a discussion they wanted to discuss it.
Mostly Jon is a leaker. He’s leaked the Kirby epic yarn port all the final fantasy ones, banjo, Ridley, daisy,( he helped them make those case for videos right before ultimate was announced which was really interesting and is seen as a leak).

there’s probably more but I don’t remember. Gamexplain also refused to cover the grinch leak because they knew it was fake. They are super close with Nintendo and very likely have sources or know things.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Clearly if they made a discussion they wanted to discuss it.
Mostly Jon is a leaker. He’s leaked the Kirby epic yarn port all the final fantasy ones, banjo, Ridley, daisy,( he helped them make those case for videos right before ultimate was announced which was really interesting and is seen as a leak).

there’s probably more but I don’t remember. Gamexplain also refused to cover the grinch leak because they knew it was fake. They are super close with Nintendo and very likely have sources or know things.
If they’re super close then why would they be covering leaks at all? You’d think nintendo would hate them for that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Or maybe they're just being considerate for their viewers just in case this turns out to be real.
Maybe but they never do it like this for leaks.

they put captain falcon in the thumbnail a warning at the beginning and then just cover whatever was discussed usually and show the thing in question.
If they’re super close then why would they be covering leaks at all? You’d think nintendo would hate them for that.
i don’t know either, but they usually get exclusive interviews with people like bill trinnen during E3 or other events. My guess is Nintendo doesn’t completely hate it if the discussion is not swayed towards one way or another or as long as they don’t flat out say it’s real. After all even if leaks are unfortunate they can be good ways for a company to gain attention.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Interesting.

That aside, are people trying to use the Gamebanana Mallow hat to disprove the leak, cause I recently double checked the Gamebanana hat with the one in the image and there is actually a key difference.
https://gamebanana.com/skins/173050
https://imgur.com/a/wVlRA4V

The Gamebanana Mallow hat has a very noticeable flap on the side on the Mii's head whereas if you look at the Mallow hat on the render in the leaked image, the Mallow hat has no flap and is practically circled around the Mii's head with little angling.
It doesn't confirm the leak being either fake or real, but I think one of the problems is trying to connect the Gamebanana hat to the one in the leaked image, when the one in the leaked image is very likely not the Gamebanana one.
How is that not a meme yet?
I'm waiting for Ken to be next to the characters in the Kombat Pack trailer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom