• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

There’s leak talk and speculation. THAT MEANS THIS THREAD IS DEALING WITH A WAR
13E01EBC-8BB2-4A20-BACD-4B56AC802043.jpeg

Imagine making such a claim when you could easily compare the current mood with people playing cards.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This happens with a mii hat port that doesn't cover the head:

edit: apparently helmets are easy because the head doesn't load since it doesn't need to, and this is why modders have such a hard time with hats. Until someone proves to me they can get a working Mallow hat in the game with no issues just like the leak, instead of a helmet or low-effort cube, I'm leaning on real.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I will acknowledge one thing, Game Freak managed to finally add something we've been begging to get for years.

We have a rival who's a jerk. Seriously, based off the story we know so far, Bede is a whiny pile of crap and I love him for it.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This site is literally a warzone at this point. Jesus Christ.
You don't know jack **** about wars in this site.

You weren't around for the Grinch leak. You weren't around for the ESRB leak of Smash 4 days. The Palutena hoax.

You think this is war? Buddy, you don't even know what war is.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So this is what it was like during the Grinch Leak...
It was a lot worse during the Grinch leak, in general I don't feel like there's much bad stuff going on, so it doesn't even begin to compare. If we're going for the worst example then I'd also say the reaction to the ESRB leak was worse than the Grinch leak.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just had a thought on the image Smash leak. Some people say that adding costumes, like Mii ones to a Switch game like Smash can be done, but even so, just because it can be done doesn't mean it is easy at all. In fact, I am sure it would be harder to do than what the naysayers imply considering what those who said "Mii costumes can't be added to Smash Bros Ultimate on the Switch CURRENTLY" said, and I have doubts anyone outside Nintendo has the skill to mkae such good Mii costumes on the Switch, based on what was said by those saying that the Mii costumes can't or aren't easy to port on the Switch currently, you know what I mean?

D

Deleted member

It was a lot worse during the Grinch leak, in general I don't feel like there's much bad stuff going on, so it doesn't even begin to compare. If we're going for the worst example then I'd also say the ESRB leak reaction was worse than the Grinch leak.
Dude, I just walked in the middle of Gettysburg there.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman

You weren't around for the Grinch leak. You weren't around for the ESRB leak of Smash 4 days. The Palutena hoax.

(Actually I'm pretty sure Michael was around during the Grinch leak at least)

D

Deleted member

I LOST MY ARM TO THE ERDRICK BATTLES IN OSAKU, BOY!!! YOU DON'T KNOW JACK **** ABOUT THIS WORLD!!!!

D

Deleted member

I don't remember Palutena being nearly as bad as any of those, especially since she ended up getting revealed anyway
But yeah what's going on now is like a nice chat over lunch

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace
It was a lot worse during the Grinch leak, in general I don't feel like there's much bad stuff going on, so it doesn't even begin to compare. If we're going for the worst example then I'd also say the reaction to the ESRB leak was worse than the Grinch leak.
From what I have seen, it does seem pretty calm here. If you want a war zone just go to facebook, that place is a disaster when a leak happens.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Based on the Grinch Principle (Copyright Pending), if a leak can be faked, no matter how convoluted the process, it likely was faked
The Ken leak could have been faked. A combination of Photoshop and modding. Pretty much every text leak from Verge, Sabi, or whoever could be faked. The ESRB leak could have been faked. But none of them were.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I don't remember Palutena being nearly as bad as any of those, especially since she ended up getting revealed anyway
Maybe my perceptions of the Palutena leak are a bit warped. I just remember a huge #TeamReal #TeamFake debate, to the point where people made little images for it to put in their signatures and stuff.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Palutena wasn't bad yeah, of course there were some people who got a bit heated about some details (like the background, and the "starman" on her dress), but she was so expected that it didn't really create a huge fuzz, kinda like the Ken leak.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am tempted to share the edited Batman picture I did ealier due to how the topic of the chat’s mood was brought up again.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My mind is set on Pokemon. Smash is completely irrelevant to me, right now. That being said, Doomguy would be an amazing pick.

Lighteni

Smash Journeyman
I’m gonna bet we’ll go through 3 more cycles of the “it’s fake definitely oh wait no it’s still alive” process until the Terry presentation comes out and doesn’t reveal anything supporting or debunking the leak.

D

Deleted member

Apparently something I'm in is getting a tiny VR game, and development has already begun.

I really hope my character is in that because I NEED to experience my character in VR.

D

Deleted member

Maybe my perceptions of the Palutena leak are a bit warped. I just remember a huge #TeamReal #TeamFake debate, to the point where people made little images for it to put in their signatures and stuff.
I think people were doing it more for fun than out of any sort of malice or competition. From what I remember everyone was pretty much going "Yeah I guess she makes sense" and then we had a good laugh about it when it turned out to be fake after E3

D

Deleted member

Anyways I may not have been around for Brawl, Smash 4 or even the majority of Smash Ultimate but I will most likely be around for Smash 6 and I have one questionn: Y'all ready for 20+ percent of the roster to be cut? Cause I'm sure ready for the flame wars that will come out of it.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
The Ken leak could have been faked. A combination of Photoshop and modding. Pretty much every text leak from Verge, Sabi, or whoever could be faked. The ESRB leak could have been faked. But none of them were.
Eh the Ken leak was pretty much impossible to fake, we had multiple analyses of it that basically all came to that conclusion. Text leaks can't really be "faked" per say, not in the same way as images at least. and while I wasn't active in speculation for the ESRB leak, I'm pretty sure there was enough stuff going on for it by the end that it couldn't have been fake.

And in any case, that's why I said "likely"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom