• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So there's this one guy I know on discord that I got annoyed that I didn't name the specific city I'm moving to in a few days. I err on the side of caution, and he can call me paranoid all he wants but tbh I don't want to be stalked or doxxed in my future by anybody.

I'm sure my caution is justified, correct?
Yeah of course Anonymity is one of the most important things you can have online and it's vital to keep some level of anonymity. You're completely justified in that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don’t know how to feel about Twitter. I’ve never had anything majorly bad happen to me on Twitter, but it’s at the center of so many contraversies and so much hateful stuff goes on there. Not to mention it’s the point of origin of cancel culture. So much hatred and toxicity. I just don’t know what to do.

I’m freaking out right now.
then dont go on twitter for the drama.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Alright I got some "unpacking" to do...
Just kidding, it's time for everyone... to be educated!
I'm bored ok?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I don’t know how to feel about Twitter. I’ve never had anything majorly bad happen to me on Twitter, but it’s at the center of so many contraversies and so much hateful stuff goes on there. Not to mention it’s the point of origin of cancel culture. So much hatred and toxicity. I just don’t know what to do.

I shut down the twitter account linked to my SB account a long time ago.

It's a cesspool, where you can be downright cruel to people and spout off whatever you want without many consequences, if any. Not to mention people will "cancel" others about anything, without even being justified for it a good chunk of the time.

Just shut down your twitter. It'll save you a world of headache.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

My experience on Twitter has been mostly fine, just nowadays I usually try to ignore the news headlines. Y'know? Politics? Crimes? Controversies & All that?

Shroob

Sup?
The only reason I even have a Twitter account is that Granblue Fantasy does a daily action point refill if you press the big blue button in game, otherwise I never use mine.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Which youtuber and what mistake? Cause this is context sensitive
People are mad at ContraPoints for featuring Buck Angel as a voice over artist in one of her videos. And she hasn’t been responding or defending herself because she wants to do so in a video. Likely so she can actually think through what she says before she says it. But twitter doesn’t care. They want her blood. It’s cancel culture at its finest. It doesn’t matter what you’ve done or that your a human being who makes mistakes. One strike and your head goes on a pike.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I’m scared that Penguins will take over the world.

Any advice on how to stop their Happy Feet?

Shroob

Sup?
As someone who doesn't use big boi social media, I don't even know what cancel culture is.

Is it just bullying someone til they leave the net or something else entirely?

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
As someone who doesn't use big boi social media, I don't even know what cancel culture is.

Is it just bullying someone til they leave the net or something else entirely?
basically that but in response to them making some kind of mistake, usually tied to a social issue

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So why not just call it bullying. :drshrug:

Cancel culture sounds like a weird HBO show.
Probably because:

1.) The word "cancelled" and it's context originated from the internet and people who participate in said bullying normally spout "CANCELLED" when they cancel someone. I used to post on a Reality TV fan forum that was *big* into cancel culture. That's where I first saw it used at mass. Noticed it on twitter afterward.

2.) Two Cs: "cancel" and "culture." Alliteration means easy to memorize and has that ring to it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
People are mad at ContraPoints for featuring Buck Angel as a voice over artist in one of her videos. And she hasn’t been responding or defending herself because she wants to do so in a video. Likely so she can actually think through what she says before she says it. But twitter doesn’t care. They want her blood. It’s cancel culture at its finest. It doesn’t matter what you’ve done or that your a human being who makes mistakes. One strike and your head goes on a pike.
Hoo boy, Contra. This is hardly, HARDLY the first time she's gotten under controversy you know. She's been gatekeeping trans people quite a bit and dismisses criticisms of her seemin hatred of nonbinary folks for quite a while.

Also lmao cancel culture doesn't exist. Jontron ended up with more subscribers then before after saying "Black people are diluting the gene pool" and hanging out with nazis, Pewdiepie is super obvious about the **** he kept pulling yet he's still at the top, Holly and ProJared got a ****ton of money by going "LOOK GUYS WE GOT HASHTAG CANCELLED", James Charles has more subscribers than before the **** allegations came to light alongside his casual racism, Contrapoints keeps doing ****ty stuff in general, Roman Polanski won an award this year despite having ***** a child and ran from the country, Liam Neeson's career hasn't gone downhill after he admitted he's INCREDIBLY racist, JK Rowling being a huge ass TERF does nothing against her, Butch Hartman still found success with his crowdfunding campaign after his outright malicious remarks to Tara Strong and so, hell, the only times I can recall celebs getting 'cancelled' is Winona Ryder's career dying for like 20 years when she got caught shoplifting and Vic Mignogna's absolute disaster of a lawsuit which he easily could have avoided by not filing said lawsuit

TLDR: 'cancel culture' doesn't exist and is used to dismiss criticisms or outright crimes of celebrities
EDIT: Oh yeah the Ion Fury and Heartskips devs doubled down on bigotry like nothing else yet they've gotten more fans as a result

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Hoo boy, Contra. This is hardly, HARDLY the first time she's gotten under controversy you know. She's been gatekeeping trans people quite a bit and dismisses criticisms of her seemin hatred of nonbinary folks for quite a while.

Also lmao cancel culture doesn't exist. Jontron ended up with more subscribers then before after saying "Black people are diluting the gene pool" and hanging out with nazis, Pewdiepie is super obvious about the **** he kept pulling yet he's still at the top, Holly and ProJared got a ****ton of money by going "LOOK GUYS WE GOT HASHTAG CANCELLED", James Charles has more subscribers than before the **** allegations came to light alongside his casual racism, Contrapoints keeps doing ****ty stuff in general, Roman Polanski won an award this year despite having ***** a child and ran from the country, Liam Neeson's career hasn't gone downhill after he admitted he's INCREDIBLY racist, JK Rowling being a huge *** TERF does nothing against her, Butch Hartman still found success with his crowdfunding campaign after his outright malicious remarks to Tara Strong and so, hell, the only times I can recall celebs getting 'cancelled' is Winona Ryder's career dying for like 20 years when she got caught shoplifting and Vic Mignogna's absolute disaster of a lawsuit which he easily could have avoided by not filing said lawsuit

TLDR: 'cancel culture' doesn't exist and is used to dismiss criticisms or outright crimes of celebrities
EDIT: Oh yeah the Ion Fury and Heartskips devs doubled down on bigotry like nothing else yet they've gotten more fans as a result
so many beeps in this post it's like morse code

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I sneezed and coughed at the same time earlier and I swear for a moment I was in Hell.
I thought that was you. You should have stuck around; it is Kenan the Demon’s birthday. He had a cookie cake from Mrs. Fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom