• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Okay, so out of all of these, which would you not mind seeing return in a future Mario game?
If special abilities are cut again, I wouldn't mind any of the new/returning items not coming back. Though to answer your question, I guess Dash Ring would be a decent generic item. Bowser's Shell and Heart are okay too.

I'd ditch all the cannons though. Same with Bubble and Yoshi's Egg, which is essentially a red shell that spawns a random item after it hits someone or something.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Cancel Culture is good when it actually hits.

However, It doesn't like 99% of the time, and that's mostly because people don't want to hear the other side of an issue, which isn't good at all, unless there's like substancial evidence that REALLY needs to be addressed.

Like, all it is is just Guilty until Proven Innocent, but under a different name.

There's a reason why it gets a terrible rep nowadays.

But anyway, Jonesy Fortnite in Smash. Yay or Nay?

Note: this isn't regarding anyone in particular.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have never watched any of her more skit based videos. I watched the aesthetic about halfway through but just wasn’t interested in the format. And I think it’s foolish to take those over when the flat out states her opinions in her more analytical discussion videos, in which she blatantly states the exact opposite of what your accusing her of, especially since she was playing a character in the aesthetic.
The problem is that despite it being played off as merely a skit, she herself sides with the Justine character in said skit and the Tabby character is deemed as a violent person who deserves to be seen as a man because she's not feminine enough. Based off of stuff she herself has said on twitter, she clearly thinks the Justine character is in the right. Contra would consider me a man without second thought as I have been unable to transition due to strict regulations for HRT in the Netherlands alongside financial issues, social anxiety due to fear of how society would treat me and misfortune forcing me to quit gender therapy for well over a year as I need to spend 30 euros just to get to where I have the appointment.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Cancel Culture is good when it actually hits.

However, It doesn't like 99% of the time, and that's mostly because people don't want to hear the other side of an issue, which isn't good at all, unless there's like substancial evidence that REALLY needs to be addressed.

Like, all it is is just Guilty until Proven Innocent, but under a different name.

There's a reason why it gets a terrible rep nowadays.

I’m down. Not really opposing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The problem is that despite it being played off as merely a skit, she herself sides with the Justine character in said skit and the Tabby character is deemed as a violent person who deserves to be seen as a man because she's not feminine enough. Based off of stuff she herself has said on twitter, she clearly thinks the Justine character is in the right. Contra would consider me a man without second thought as I have been unable to transition due to strict regulations for HRT in the Netherlands alongside financial issues, social anxiety due to fear of how society would treat me and misfortune forcing me to quit gender therapy for well over a year as I need to spend 30 euros just to get to where I have the appointment.
Except her analytical videos feature her blatantly stating the exact opposite of this.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Note: this isn't regarding anyone in particular.
Im not one of those people who hate Fortnite with all of their hearts, but I’m not really a fan and I don’t want him in. With that said I wouldn’t really be mad if he did get in.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I don't care. I'd just laugh at Jonesy like I did with Sans and Daisy because of the sheer wtf factor and also because of the memes

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Except her analytical videos feature her blatantly stating the exact opposite of this.
Again, her actions don't reflect this. I can say I'm right handed yet if you watch me do anything, you'll notice the opposite. For the record I'm not calling you a bad person or anything for being a fan of her, just trying to explain she causes these controversies herself and that there are legitimate reasons as to why she's getting criticized

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If special abilities are cut again, I wouldn't mind any of the new/returning items not coming back. Though to answer your question, I guess Dash Ring would be a decent generic item. Bowser's Shell and Heart are okay too.

I'd ditch all the cannons though. Same with Bubble and Yoshi's Egg, which is essentially a red shell that spawns a random item after it hits someone or something.
I’ll keep all this in mind. I’m personally not a fan of character exclusive items though I’m trying to think of potential in a future game that instead has all it’s items available to every racer but some characters have a higher chance of getting certain items than others.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, the barrels in Mario Kart Tour should NOT come back in MK9 or whatever the next game is.

I do like the special frenzy items being based on a single item instead of a ton of individual items orbiting around you, though. It's just chaotic and random RNG so it fits MK better IMO.

Also, Triple Item Boxes should be a thing and I like the character-based thematic aids for certain levels and kart combinations as well as the progression system. These could maybe be combined into a story mode in the next game, or at least a streamlined and more rewarding single player

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

The way you phrased the Yoshi Egg power up makes it sound lame, but that's pretty unique if you ask me :yoshi:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Make a Youtuber Smash Bros with 20 Characters - GO!
Pewdiepie
Markiplier
Jacksepticeye
Maybe an animations channel so theodds1out or maybe Jaiden.
A beauty guru; don't know any.
One of those cooking YouTubers.
Mr. Beast
A critic who reviews and rates media.
MatPat/Game Theory
The Completionist/Jirard.
A Minecraft channel
A Fortnite channel
An unboxing channel
A comedy channel
Annoying Orange, maybe?
A vlogger

Or we could just fill it up with the 20 most popular tubers or just include the memes; I wanted to be inclusive

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I know I read somewhere on here earlier that there have been murmurs of Dante being in the mix of names heard for Pick 5 and bruh. I would be SUPER down.

Like, even if it wasn’t Resident Evil, I’d still count that as a win.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just got back from grocery shopping, and going to a fast food restaurant. You guys didn't need anything, did you?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I feel like Bayo already captures Dante's role and gameplay so he'd feel a bit redundant but I know he's a big icon and I guess Dante Vs. Bayo in a game is pretty huge so it's fine.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I feel like Bayo already captures Dante's role and gameplay so he'd feel a bit redundant but I know he's a big icon and I guess Dante Vs. Bayo in a game is pretty huge so it's fine.
Maybe we can recreate that Death Battle between the two if Dante is in. Only difference is, the player can decide who wins! :troll:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I know I read somewhere on here earlier that there have been murmurs of Dante being in the mix of names heard for Pick 5 and bruh. I would be SUPER down.

I’d be up for Dante. And Resident Evil. And Ace Attorney.

At that point, NiGHTS and Kiriyu would be cool.

Lloyd, Heihachi, Augumon, and Solaire

Lara Croft, Geno, and Crono.

Master Chief, Steve, Rash, and Fullgore

I’m tired.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I’d be up for Dante. And Resident Evil. And Ace Attorney.

At that point, NiGHTS and Kiriyu would be cool.

Lloyd, Heihachi, Augumon, and Solaire

Lara Croft, Geno, and Crono.

Master Chief, Steve, Rash, and Fullgore

I’m tired.
Oh, I'd love NiGHTS! He is such an underrated character!

Hahaha, you couldn't afford me anyways :yoshi:
Too much for me to pay for as far as you are concerned?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Dante would be fun, but I’d still be a little disappointed over no Leon or Phoenix first. I still think all three should be in at some point though

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Game Grumps as an ice climber duo, with Jon as an alt.
Arin's gimmick? He doesn't have a shield because in character he refuses to use it, so Danny has to pull him into his shield.

Danny has the Infinidaggar for a great horizontal recovery and Arin weaponizes his screams and has an anger meter which, when full, can be activated to have Arin enter his rage state which makes his screams have more knockback and damage as well as increases his attack power. His punches also have a fire effect and he gains limited fire projectiles and attacks. It lasts about as long as an invincibility Star.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom