• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I will fight you. I will come to your house and make you eat cake until you can’t anymore. Noipoi will not spoil himself and I will NOT play Fire Emblem.
Oh boohoo. You have to play a good game.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Probably because it’s the calm before the storm. As in, next year is going to be absolutely crazy with the next gen consoles and all of that

And ironically enough, Astral Chain has probably been the most disappointing game of the year for me (Tied with KH3)
I hope so. I’m worried that next years E3 is just gonna serve as an even further reminder that the genres I like are dead and I either have to just like RPGs or stop playing video games.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Unrelated, but what are all of your GOTY nominations so far?

For me, it’s DMC V, Super Mario Maker 2, and Borderlands 3. I’m also hyped for Outer Worlds, Luigi’s Mansion 3, and Death Stranding
RE2Make, DMCV, Three Houses, Untitled Goose Game, God Eater 3, Gears 5 and Bloodstained are up there for me.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I will fight you. I will come to your house and make you eat cake until you can’t anymore. Noipoi will not spoil himself and I will NOT play Fire Emblem.
Well be glad I'm not the one contesting you. You couldn't afford enough cake where I "can't eat anymore" :yoshi:

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Did something new come up in favor of Geno or are we still rolling off of the Crash leak?
PapaGenos checked with other people (whom I guess are in-the-know) about the Mii Costume leak, and they seem to think it's legit. Geno didn't rely on Crash; the mii costumes were leaked before he was suggested.

Also, according to Fatmanonice, most insiders give him a 50% chance at worst (I guess due to what Fatmanonice said about a bunch of stuff coming up in Geno's favor or something/stuff that's gotten out, though I'm not sure what he's referring to); only a few insiders still lowball him.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
To be fair. I have to do all three house paths.
That seems a bit more hectic.

Still, what are people gonna bet on next, those teams the Ed’s will have? No, I will choose them.
They can force me into a bet for everyone else though. No dupes beyond starters.

D

Deleted member

You know I don’t like RPGs. Especially turn based ones. How am I going to have fun with a genre I don’t like, regardless of any “objective quality”?
As Sun Tzu once said, "I don't give a ****."

PapaGenos checked with other people (whom I guess are in-the-know) about the Mii Costume leak, and they seem to think it's legit.

Also, according to Fatmanonice, most insiders give him a 50% chance at worst (I guess due to what Fatmanonice said about a bunch of stuff coming up in Geno's favor or something/stuff that's gotten out, though I'm not sure what he's referring to); only a few insiders still lowball him.
What other insiders?
Also don't really care about Fatman's say on the matter.
So if Noi wins, you play a bunch of games but if Noi loses then SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 plays one game?
What next, betting on the teams for my EEnE travel to Galar fanfic?
To be fair, it's what happens when you make three separate bets with three people. At the very least, it gives me an excuse to **** my pants with Resident Evil.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The lack of the geno costume when erdrick came out has me relatively convinced geno still has a shot

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh, Yata-Lock? That's kiddie stuff when compared to this:
View attachment 243028
You and your 2-monster combos, we take 2 monsters, and fill the entire ****ing board to the MAX
And you wonder why Summon Sorceress is banned in both Advanced formats.

They're both ridiculous. Also, Yata-lock is a 3-monster combo. Technically a bare minimum of 6 overall. You need two monsters to banish to summon Chaos Emperor Dragon, a Premature Burial or Monster Reborn(or set Call of the Haunted) to summon out Sangan/Witch, then you use the effect to get Yata-Garasu, and then attack. They fixed Emperor Dragon and Sangan/Witch so neither combo is possible even today. You could replace Emperor Dragon with Norleas now, who has a similar effect but a higher summon condition. However, thanks to Phantom of Chaos, you can use the effect, and then pull Yata out easily. Sangan/Witch now is not able to use the monster fully you add to your hand for the rest of the turn(or with a monster with the same name). No monster effects at all. So while the combo was possible well after Emperor Dragon's ban, or basically without it, you cannot perform the same combo anyway.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What other insiders?
Idk; they can't share names I guess. I don't think he relies on Crash, though, just if the mii costume leak is legit (it came before PapaGenos was told about Crash), but of course we wouldn't see the Mallow and Smithy costumes until after he's revealed if he's a fighter...

D

Deleted member

Idk; they can't share names I guess. I don't think he relies on Crash, though, just if the mii costume leak is legit (it came before PapaGenos was told about Crash), but of course we wouldn't see the Mallow and Smithy costumes until after he's revealed if he's a fighter...
Wonderful. More behind the scenes hearsay.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As Sun Tzu once said, "I don't give a ****."

What other insiders?

To be fair, it's what happens when you make three separate bets with three people. At the very least, it gives me an excuse to **** my pants with Resident Evil.
Well. That hurts.

Guess that’s what I get.

*reads the rest of your post*
i think you need a nap.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
If Geno is going to be playable in the future, I think he’ll be a post pass fighter because I really don’t see a company getting two characters in one pass (Not to mention the spirit situation as well)

D

Deleted member

Well. That hurts.

Guess that’s what I get.
TBH, I'm mostly pulling your leg for sport. It comes with the territory. That being said, Fire Emblem has become extremely accessible over the years. To a point where any newbie can just pick it up and play it. I'd say the biggest thing you'll have to worry about with Three Houses is that you'll have to play the first half essentially three different times.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
TBH, I'm mostly pulling your leg for sport. It comes with the territory. That being said, Fire Emblem has become extremely accessible over the years. To a point where any newbie can just pick it up and play it. I'd say the biggest thing you'll have to worry about with Three Houses is that you'll have to play the first half essentially three different times.
That sounds..... tedious.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wonderful. More behind the scenes hearsay.
Perhaps.

But I'm going all-in, just like Banjo after Shinobi appeared. If I'm wrong, so be it :goomba:

If Geno is going to be playable in the future, I think he’ll be a post pass fighter because I really don’t see a company getting two characters in one pass (Not to mention the spirit situation as well)
I'm thinking he'll be after the pass, too. I'm not completely writing off Fighter #5, though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
E.Gadd lost to Spoopy Witch Rosalina and Sleep Deprived King Boo, how tf?

D

Deleted member

Perhaps.

But I'm going all-in, just like Banjo after Shinobi appeared. If I'm wrong, so be it :goomba:
Wouldn't say our chances for Geno are at Shinobi levels yet because no one extremely reputable is saying Geno. We only have an anonymous private source. That being said, Ryce on ResetEra hasn't discounted Crash yet and that's a good sign.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
With Geno I just wouldn’t underestimate the possibility that he’s still a Mii Costume, but that he comes with music like the Sans one did.

I would still treat that as a possibility until we have reason to believe that AT’s and Spirits will get plausible upgrades.

I like Geno, and I think he’d be fun. But I think it’s best to have tempered expectations.

Hell, if we just got the costume back with Beware the Forest Mushrooms and Fight Against an Armed Boss, I’d be hella happy.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
With Geno I just wouldn’t underestimate the possibility that he’s still a Mii Costume, but that he comes with music like the Sans one did.

I would still treat that as a possibility until we have reason to believe that AT’s and Spirits will get plausible upgrades.

I like Geno, and I think he’s be fun. But I think it’s best to have tempered expectations.
Believe it or not, my expectations are tempered and calm. I am not setting myself up for disappointment.

D

Deleted member

I like Geno, and I think he’s be fun. But I think it’s best to have tempered expectations.
I'd be inclined to lean in on you with this (due to the two Mario RPG songs being copyrighted) if not for the recent Crash leak. While there's plenty a reason to doubt its validity, I can only hold out until more info comes up because I don't fully understand what's going on behind the scenes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The lack of the geno costume when erdrick came out has me relatively convinced geno still has a shot
No Geno costume.....yet.
No Mega Man X costume....yet.
No Heihachi costume...yet.

Kronk tells us its all coming together.gif

This means Mega Man .EXE is coming soon and he'll have those Mii Costumes with him.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Geno might be possible as playable. I didn't consider Trophies to be an immediate chance kill, and Spirits, their upgrade, doesn't change that for me. Possibly not the first Fighter's Pass, since that seems like it was decided when the first set of Spirits was, but later on, it wouldn't even matter. They're not really the equivalent of Assist Trophies either. Nowhere on their levels. But I never really believed Spirits automatically stop a possible character from being playable. The knowledge of when they were chosen does coincide with when the Spirits were possibly finished, but we can't even say that for sure. So while I don't expect them to be playable, it's a faulty reasoning since you can't actually prove with any strong evidence the DLC was mainly decided via the Spirits timing-wise. That's just a maybe.

Regardless, I keep my expectations tempered. Anything beyond the Fighter's Pass is a completely different timing and Spirits are rather irrelevant to that so there's little reason to take them into account. AT's are far more key to gameplay than a PNG with a bonus effect. Besides that, they wouldn't even need to rename a Spirit since there's no real reason to. The actual Fighter Spirit would already have a different file name, and they don't really need to give either a unique name either. It's not a necessity. If they want to, cool. If not, not an issue anyway. You can't equip non-Fighter Spirits so it wouldn't make a difference categorizing them.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I like Geno, and I think he’d be fun. But I think it’s best to have tempered expectations.

Hell, if we just got the costume back with Beware the Forest Mushrooms and Fight Against an Armed Boss, I’d be hella happy.
I don't think too many people are outright expecting it though. Mostly just wanting to show their support calmly since giving up doesn't help much either. Granted I don't care about Geno at all, so I'd only be happy for other people. But I'm basically doing the same for characters that I want anyway, so I think the point still stands.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

How does anyone still think Geno is possible for Ultimate when he's already a spirit? The best I can see him getting is the Sans treatment.
I just don’t think Season 2 was decided when Spirits were decided. I think it was more-likely after the game was released or they wrapped up the Fighters’ Pass in November. Doesn’t make sense in a timeline to be any farther back imo, especially with some things Sakurai has said.

Heck, Way Forward was probably silent about Shantae in Smash/Smash itself since before I came back to this website in August last year, I was interested in Shantae a bit and definitely saw the discussion way before Sakurai said DLC for the pass was finished being chosen. And they’d have to do some negotiation for these third-party spirits, too, and I doubt they’d just drop them.

I know Sakurai talked about expanding the crossover, but he’s essentially still doing that by actually bringing the world of SMRPG instead of just two spirits of characters Nintendo doesn’t own.

I’m basically just going all-in for fun, though, but I do think Geno has a high chance. I’m not gonna rage or anything if he’s not in, just be disappointed, which I’d be even if I didn’t expect him.

edit: The Mii costume would definitely be better than nothing, though, but it’d still suck in comparison. Either you get the original one, or a Sans-styled one that doesn’t work as well because of the lack of emotions (he does emote in SMRPG). Would rather he be his own fighter in general, too, complete with his own moves, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom