• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I do love it lol

I love Tails. I've come to relate to him as of late as well... sharp brain and loyal to my friend group, but is self-critical and has shaky self-esteem.
Yeah, I know. He is a good character. I have shaky self-esteem sometimes myself.

TGC involves religion.

TCG is a religion.

It's an easy mistake to make.
So, is Trading Card Game a religion or something?

D

Deleted member

Look, when I was a boy, I was offered $85 for a card.

There's got to be some God that they're trying to please.
pft, thats nothing compared to this:
Screenshot 2019-10-21 at 9.31.15 PM.png

edit: WTF me and Shroob Shroob had the same damn idea lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm pretty sure i have a first edition holographic Charizard in my house somewhere. That **** sells for, like, a ton of money.

Shroob

Sup?
To be fair, there are cheaper versions.

But it's still like a thousand dollars.

Thousand bucks for a single piece of cardboard.

D

Deleted member

Oh brother! They just had to make it that expensive, huh? I am glad I don't play MTG because I would not pay even a cent for those kinds of cards.
Technically speaking, it got a reprint awhile back, so that version is more of a collector's item than anything else.
And even then, TCG's can be fun on a budget. Tell that to Yugioh for example, you can have a meta deck in under $50!(standard budget for competivie deckbuilding is $100+)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm pretty sure i have a first edition holographic Charizard in my house somewhere. That **** sells for, like, a ton of money.
I owned such a card once. Man, was getting that expensive. This was when the Pokemon TCG first came out, by the way.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Technically speaking, it got a reprint awhile back, so that version is more of a collector's item than anything else.
And even then, TCG's can be fun on a budget. Tell that to Yugioh for example, you can have a meta deck in under $50!(standard budget for competivie deckbuilding is $100+)
So, any difference between the reprint and the old version, if small?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I’ve never been into yugioh or Pokémon cards, I played a ton of uno in 9th and 10th grade though lmao.

D

Deleted member

So, any difference between the reprint and the old version, if small?
the main difference is that the reprint is giant-size, and you can't actually use it in a legal game. Hence why I said "Technically"

It's still an absurd price lol, just $40.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Unrelated, but what are all of your GOTY nominations so far?

For me, it’s DMC V, Super Mario Maker 2, and Borderlands 3. I’m also hyped for Outer Worlds, Luigi’s Mansion 3, and Death Stranding

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Be warned everyone, I’m getting reports that leaks are starting to crop up for Sw/Sh.

If you’re a leak dodger, now is the time to RUN!
You got a source for this? Considering there’s nothing on 4chan, the guidebooks are in stores yet, or the carts, I can’t see leaks being around currently

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

For me, it’s DMC V, Super Mario Maker 2, and Borderlands 3. I’m also hyped for Outer Worlds, Luigi’s Mansion 3, and Death Stranding
No game had even come close to being game of the year for me. DMCV was decent. Astral Chain was amazing but not Game if the Year worthy. CTRNF was amazing again, but doesn’t feel like the sort of thing to win an award like that....

IDK. Between E3, every direct presentation from all 3 major companies, and the lack of real stand out releases, 2019 just feels like a really bad year for video games.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think I got more than one? I have a lot of old original set cards. I even had more than one 1st Edition Yata-Garasu, a coveted Secret Rare before the inevitable banning(and for good reasons, as it stopped the other player from drawing, then retreated back to the hand, making it safe unless you somehow had a Card Destruction or Confiscation. Well, The Forceful Sentry too. However, before that, players, used a combo to remove your entire hand and field then dropped the monster while you had nothing but maybe a Sinister Serpent to retrieve, if lucky. And they could just summon a monster to beat over/banish it oftentimes during the next turn. You might already be finished off by that point). Yeah, cards were pretty broken back then in that regard. The game has slightly improved from that.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
You got a source for this? Considering there’s nothing on 4chan, the guidebooks are in stores yet, or the carts, I can’t see leaks being around currently
There apparently is a 4chan AMA going around. Lemme see if I can find it.
Naturally, grain of salt as usual.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

DMC V is the only game that has come out this year that I've played, and it was fun if a bit dated. I want to play Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice soon.

I wonder if Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be eligible, my understanding is that it was released too late last year to be considered for any awards. EDIT: Mostly applies to The Game Awards since that was hosted like the day of release, and Golden Joystick awards which usually happens in November. Looks like it won DICE awards and such.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There apparently is a 4chan AMA going around. Lemme see if I can find it.
Naturally, grain of salt as usual.
This the one opossum posted?
If so that one has been k own here. It’s being debated. Not even 4chan are giving any attention to it despite it supposedly being right. Makes me think there’s something we are missing with it.

but we have no proof to definitely say one way or another if it’s real or not.

D

Deleted member

tbf Black Lotus is a through-and-through collectors item. It's legal in exactly 1 official format so unless you're playing Vintage (which why would you) you're not going to be using it at all.

DMC V, Resident Evil 2 and Sekiro. I love Borderlands and 3 is no exception, but it still has too many flaws and I think it'll only really start to shine once the DLC comes out. Kingdom Hearts III was just a disappointment and while I thoroughly enjoyed Three Houses I don't really think it's up there with the other three contenders. I'm also still waiting to see how The Outer Worlds and Luigi's Mansion pan out, and Death Stranding doesn't seem like my type of game so I'll probably skip it.
I would put Iceborne on here but Capcom hates us and we aren't getting it on PC until next January.

D

Deleted member

But ya

Dunno how I feel about the current state of affairs.

While I didn't believe the Reimu leak, I found it fun to discuss, and Crash was outright debunked at least as FP5

But now Sabi is saying "Ryu? Nah man"

It's just weird.

As it stands, that narrows it down to Lloyd/Yuri or Phoenix Wright according to that one leak but

Encyclopedia, give me the definition of Tired.

Tired
"Feeling exhausted after being lead around on a wild goose chase"
Example:

"Dealing with Sabi makes a person tired."
For the record, just a week ago or so, Sabi was vouching for that Drew guy who said Hayabusa was in. She's here for attention first and foremost. Don't give her the light of day.

D

Deleted member

I think I got more than one? I have a lot of old original set cards. I even had more than one 1st Edition Yata-Garasu, a coveted Secret Rare before the inevitable banning(and for good reasons, as it stopped the other player from drawing, then retreated back to the hand, making it safe unless you somehow had a Card Destruction or Confiscation. Well, The Forceful Sentry too. However, before that, players, used a combo to remove your entire hand and field then dropped the monster while you had nothing but maybe a Sinister Serpent to retrieve, if lucky. And they could just summon a monster to beat over/banish it oftentimes during the next turn. You might already be finished off by that point). Yeah, cards were pretty broken back then in that regard. The game has slightly improved from that.
Oh, Yata-Lock? That's kiddie stuff when compared to this:
IdolizedDisgustingHatchetfish-size_restricted.gif

You and your 2-monster combos, we take 2 monsters, and fill the entire ****ing board to the MAX

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
No game had even come close to being game of the year for me. DMCV was decent. Astral Chain was amazing but not Game if the Year worthy. CTRNF was amazing again, but doesn’t feel like the sort of thing to win an award like that....

IDK. Between E3, every direct presentation from all 3 major companies, and the lack of real stand out releases, 2019 just feels like a really bad year for video games.
Probably because it’s the calm before the storm. As in, next year is going to be absolutely crazy with the next gen consoles and all of that

And ironically enough, Astral Chain has probably been the most disappointing game of the year for me (Tied with KH3)

D

Deleted member

There’s a bet going on involving Noipoi and spoilers?
It's not the social thread if there isn't an arbitrary bet.
BET RECAP

If I manage to resist the urge to view Pokémon Sword and Shield leaks all the way up to release:

@Bolderousness will buy a copy of Sword or Shield and complete the story
@Bolderousness will also play several spooky resident evil games
@Bolderousness will support Edelgard for Smash
@Cosmic77 will change his avatar to an image of my choosing for two weeks

If I lose the battle of willpower and look at the leaks:

I will wait a week before buying Pokémon Sword
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 will have to beat Three Houses three times
@Cosmic77 will get to pick my avatar for two weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom