• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Some of you probably remember this image rumor for sword and shield but it’s looking a little more likely now. Potential spoilers ahead:
Loch

NESS

S O B B L E

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Loch

NESS

S O B B L E

Unfortunately no. Sobble is repped by the:
spy vs spy guy because it’s suppose to be spy themed. The nessie is likely a new Pokémon or galarian Lapras/gigantamax lapras

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Some of you probably remember this image rumor for sword and shield but it’s looking a little more likely now. Potential spoilers ahead:
Wait, so...........Penguizard might be real then?

Shroob

Sup?
What in the world is that thing next to Nessie?

A dude with a face on his chest and no head?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Or they were just able to guess that there'd be some sort of butterfly or moth in a game with a kaiju theme.

That's the nice thing about making your predictions kind of vague, you don't have to be exact to look legit.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So we got:

-A spy (for a moment I thought the parting of the collar was the nose of a plague doctor’s mask lol)
-A soccer player
-A gorilla
-Tea Elephant
-Nessie
-A stick bug
-Galarian Meowth
-Conker
-Penguin with meme magic
-Some alien thing that’ll mess you up if you bother Nessie
-HEY! LISTEN!
-A little red thing
-Ripped Goat
-Rated E for Eyeball Webs

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Thanks to Gigantamax Pikachu, I can just see all of the DeviantArt scenarios

"Pika (*huff* Stop! I'm 200 pounds now and I feel like I'm gonna explode!")

"Be quiet!!! You're gonna get your Gigantamax form if it gives you a heart attack!!!"

:yoshi:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait, so...........Penguizard might be real then?
Yes there’s still a Chance.
What in the world is that thing next to Nessie?

A dude with a face on his chest and no head?
An ogre or golem most likely based more in mythology.
Or they were just able to guess that there'd be some sort of butterfly or moth in a game with a kaiju theme.

That's the nice thing about making your predictions kind of vague, you don't have to be exact to look legit.
True but the mothra thing wasn’t popular until after this leak. Before then it wasn’t bought up much.
If you read the next tweet, they seem to have also predicted charziard pretty well as well.

yeah you can argue charziard is predictable but not the look this charziard has. Which the dragon image nails perfectly imo

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So what I'm hearing is that there are two Sword and Shield Leaks and both are legit
One legit leak, and one rumor that may or may not be piggybacking off the first leak.

Getting one thing right on its own may add some credibility but it far from proves it. Don't forget the "gothitelle" and "armored evolution" leaks.
If you read the next tweet, they seem to have also predicted charziard pretty well as well.

yeah you can argue charziard is predictable but not the look this charziard has. Which the dragon image nails perfectly imo
Looks like a generic dragon head to me, and has nothing to do with zard's flame motif.

It still could be real but I'm still not fully convinced. A lot of these seem too vague or too obvious.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
My reaction to seeing that Yoshi has no unique outfits in events like Karate or Surfing and not playble in the 2D events:
Ruined.jpg

Running Yoshi.gif

I'm mad that my boy Yoshi gets treated like trash all the time:mad:, he has a 16-bit sprite you can see here which could have work.
Also i would have loved seeing him in a wet suit for surfing and a karate outfit.:c

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
My reaction to seeing that Yoshi has no unique outfits in events like Karate or Surfing and not playble in the 2D events:
View attachment 242405
View attachment 242406
I'm mad that my boy Yoshi gets treated like trash all the time:mad:, he has a 8-bit sprite you can see here which could work. (Should've been playable in 2D.)
Well that's a 16-bit sprite, but regardless he should've gotten it...

I assume you're talking about M&S? :yoshi:

Noipoi

Howdy!
“In this YouTube documentary, we will detail the real and horrible stories of the Atlantic slave trade...

...But first I wanna give a huge shout out to our sponsor RAID SHADOW LEGENDS”

Shroob

Sup?
“In this YouTube documentary, we will detail the real and horrible stories of the Atlantic slave trade...

...But first I wanna give a huge shout out to our sponsor RAID SHADOW LEGENDS”
"And if you use my code and join my clan in this game that I totally play..."

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Tfw you get a new Gigantamax form you didn't ask for and everyone hates you for it.
crying charizard.jpg

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
True but the mothra thing wasn’t popular until after this leak. Before then it wasn’t bought up much.
Mothra has always been a popular suggestion among fake leaks, in fact the very first one we had that piggybacked off of the Affleck leak (called Dynamax Continuation) blatantly said we'd get a Gigantimaxed Volcarona inspired by her. The only difference here is that generally the other 'leaks' guessed Volcarona, with maybe Venomoth being thrown in to be different, while this one didn't say which. Charizard is in the same boat, it's been a popular discussion point in 'leaks' and speculation since it'd be odd for it to be the ace of the Champion of the region if it didn't have access to the regional gimmick like Gardevoir did in XY.

Granted, I'm not saying this leak is fake since it did get stuff right, but right now the only thing going for it are things the Affleck leak stated or things that were common guesses in rumors or speculation. It's not enough to really give this rumor too much stock, at least not at this point in time.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
While that's completely true I love how this has it's own identity with the air dash
Sure, it's a cool idea, but a "melee-ified" version of Ultimate is just unneeded and kind of insulting.

Honestly though, I always felt the same way about Project M, their time would have been better spent making their own Melee inspired game.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Sure, it's a cool idea, but a "melee-ified" version of Ultimate is just unneeded and kind of insulting.

Honestly though, I always felt the same way about Project M, their time would have been better spent making their own Melee inspired game.
Yeah uh, they tried that.

Guess what, having good gameplay with a roster of nobodies isn't going to get you anywhere.

It's like telling the entire modding community to just go make your own game.

I don't know whether to roll my eyes at the idea of a still-growing game needing a balanced version or be amazed they tried to implement a big new mechanic
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Looks neat, but that sound effect is going to get grating very fast. Can only imagine the wrecking ball to balance this'll do to characters that are supposed to be low mobility: Bowser Side B coming at you at mach 5.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Smash fans acknowledging there are good fighting game mechanics that weren't in Melee? Colour me surprised.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Yeah uh, they tried that.

Guess what, having good gameplay with a roster of nobodies isn't going to get you anywhere.

It's like telling the entire modding community to just go make your own game.
By that logic, no game ever would get off the ground, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat were originally filled with nobodies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
By that logic, no game ever would get off the ground, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat were originally filled with nobodies.
Yeah and they had 3 decades to grow in an uncontested niche cultivating a dedicated fanbase.

Compare that to today, where every fighting game is another in a long historical fighting game series, based on a massively popular existing IP, or so niche they're barely worth being brought up.

The only exception to this, kinda, is Skullgirls released 7 years ago and is still relatively niche all things considered.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Yeah and they had 3 decades to grow in an uncontested niche cultivating a dedicated fanbase.

Compare that to today, where every fighting game is another in a long historical fighting game series, based on a massively popular existing IP, or so niche they're barely worth being brought up.

The only exception to this, kinda, is Skullgirls released 7 years ago and is still relatively niche all things considered.
I looked into Icons: Combat Arena and apparently it was a free to play game with lootboxes? That's probably the real reason why it failed. If they had a normal release it might have been a bit more successful.

StormC

Smash Hero
If people want to play Melee, they should just play Melee. Kind of asinine that people keep trying to turn every new Smash game into Melee.

Melee is awesome. I love it. It's one of my all time favorite games and probably my favorite Smash in terms of pure game feel. But it's not the end all be all.

The obsession the community has with going back to Melee mechanics over and over is so exhausting.

StormC

Smash Hero
Clocks have nutrients...
The Woolly World shorts are so lovely and adorable. I played the game for the first time earlier this year and loved it but I especially loved the shorts.

Crafted World was good but I felt Woolly World was more enjoyable overall... if only because the soundtrack was better.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
The Woolly World shorts are so lovely and adorable. I played the game for the first time earlier this year and loved it but I especially loved the shorts.

Crafted World was good but I felt Woolly World was more enjoyable overall... if only because the soundtrack was better.
Too bad those shorts are 3DS exclusive even if you could just watch them online :yoshi:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
About time we got a Whipity Whine Pokemon

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Joe has to play defense all the time because he runs the biggest Pokemon fansite on the internet. He's always defending the games on ResetERA from "irrational fans." Don't pay him much mind.

I mean, I get it. There is a limit. Some fans do insane things and take things too far over a video game. But the narrative is often that SWSH critics are irrational or childish or entitled or whatever, like criticizing the second biggest video game franchise of all time is a terrible offense and GameFreak is some upstart that needs all the support they can get. As consumers putting down money for a product, we are allowed to voice our concerns.
I dunno man I think Joe just thinks the game looks good

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I was gonna argue that this is just pessimism but then I remembered that Fighting EX Layer ****ing died

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom