• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'll believe in SwSds supposed difficulty when it's in the hands of the players.

Can't say I'll ever trust gaming journalism on dissecting "difficulty" after the Cuphead tutorial fiasco.
That wasn't even a Game Journalist and Cuphead got excellent reviews anyway but go off on your stupid gamergate thing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I take it was a draw because neither can be killed by anything but holy weapons.

That's Death Battle for ya with their love and obsession of NLF. :rolleyes:

The Bowser vs. Ganondorf episode was a bunch of BS. Between that, Dante vs. Bayonetta, Scorpion vs. Ryu, Toph vs. Gaara and Yang vs. Tifa. Its damn surprising they somewhat and somehow got Hulk vs. Doomsday right because I was certain they would had given it to Hulk because of NLF of angrier he gets, stronger he gets.
First of all if you saw it you'd have regretted posting this as it isn't a draw at all. Second, what was wrong with Bayo VS Dante?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oof.

So early Sword and Shield impressions happened, and at worst, it confirms the collage leak, and at best, it fuels it.

RIP Sawsbuck...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey sorry for coming across snappy earlier regarding Death Battle having just had an emotional breakdown. I've just been going through a lot lately involving my dog. Past few days even though she's still actively eating, drinking and playing. She's been laying down a lot more frequently in the house and such. And I just can't keep going to the vet since it costs money. I feel she might have some illness or something.

I apologize in advance for this.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Overwatch has finally completed its download, and I've played a couple games. Mercy is ****ing awesome and this game is fun. So I'll see you guys later.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hey sorry for coming across snappy earlier regarding Death Battle having just had an emotional breakdown. I've just been going through a lot lately involving my dog. Past few days even though she's still actively eating, drinking and playing. She's been laying down a lot more frequently in the house and such. And I just can't keep going to the vet since it costs money. I feel she might have some illness or something.

I apologize in advance for this.
I missed that entire convo.

Probably for the best.

I just thought Ganondorf vs Dracula was really good and really fun.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
GODDAMMIT NOOOOO
****ING STANTLER OF ALL POKEMON GETS LOVE? ****ING GODDAMN ****

at least Staraptor will get love
Just realized I've had the designs for those two Pokemon mixed up, and I was really wondering how the weird bulbous one managed to be one of Opposum's favorite :laugh:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oof.

So early Sword and Shield impressions happened, and at worst, it confirms the collage leak, and at best, it fuels it.

RIP Sawsbuck...
I refuse to believe it until we actually see the starters evolve.

I swear, Grookey turning into a gorilla is so predictable and boring. I like it when there’s a through line but is still completely surprising. Like Froakie to Greninja or Litten to Incineroar. I appreciate the unexpected direction, even if I don’t like the designs.

StormC

Smash Hero
I dunno man I think Joe just thinks the game looks good
Joe himself said the marketing has been a failure recently and that they should have shown new Pokemon, but he still defends it from the "irrational fans."

Just from an optics perspective, he's not going to be too harsh on the games when he has a website to run.

I refuse to believe it until we actually see the starters evolve.

I swear, Grookey turning into a gorilla is so predictable and boring. I like it when there’s a through line but is still completely surprising. Like Froakie to Greninja or Litten to Incineroar. I appreciate the unexpected direction, even if I don’t like the designs.
The filename for Grookey on the website is "Gorilla 1" so...

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
It has a small but dedicated fanbase.

I didn't really like it, but I can see why people think it's decent on its own. Gameplay was fun, and it received positive critical reception.

It's just a terrible crossover.
If anything, it's because of how announced so early it was before the developers decided what they were going to do. That's what they mentioned was that the setting wasn't decided before Nintendo decided to "announce" Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. Announcing it before letting the developers decide what setting they wanted to do so early and letting people hype up their expectations was one of, if not "The" key factor that hurt it alot.
I'm positive that if it wasn't announced so early, it wouldn't have been so regarded as a terrible crossover.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Joe himself said the marketing has been a failure recently and that they should have shown new Pokemon, but he still defends it from the "irrational fans."

Just from an optics perspective, he's not going to be too harsh on the games when he has a website to run.

The filename for Grookey on the website is "Gorilla 1" so...
God ****ing damn it!

As long as it’s not JUST a gorilla. They can still do something interesting with her.

D

Deleted member

Completed Gravity Rush just now. It's a bit rough around the edges, but I still loved it. Can't wait to start the sequel once I get it Also Kat is just adorable.

Shroob

Sup?
If anything, it's because of how announced so early it was before the developers decided what they were going to do. That's what they mentioned was that the setting wasn't decided before Nintendo decided to "announce" Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. Announcing it before letting the developers decide what setting they wanted to do so early and letting people hype up their expectations was one of, if not "The" key factor that hurt it alot.
I'm positive that if it wasn't announced so early, it wouldn't have been so regarded as a terrible crossover.
I'm not sure the game would have ever been successful to be blunt.

It's way too niche for the west, and it's boneless persona otherwise.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So there are no barriers in the Wild Area, and you can end up fighting overleveled Pokemon if you wander into the wrong area.

This is gonna be good.
So like DQ where I end up fighting King Slimes that kick my ass six was to Sunday all because I ran into the wrong group of slimes

Ivander

Smash Legend

Oh, I didn't say it would've been successful, just that it wouldn't have been regarded as a terrible crossover had Nintendo not announce it so early as "Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem" and letting people hype up their expectations of what it would be.
Territorial Baboom... win

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

IDK. Maybe let the team try again for a sequel. Iron out the bugs and make it better.

I mean, Fire Emblem and Persona are both much more popular here now.

Completed Gravity Rush just now. It's a bit rough around the edges, but I still loved it. Can't wait to start the sequel once I get it Also Kat is just adorable.
I’m glad you liked it! I’ve still yet to play it but it’s on my list. She’s great (and a good character in PSASBR).

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Oof.

RIP Sawsbuck...
Well then...

Really going to miss Sawsbuck if it's true, it's one of my favorite Grass types.

On the bright side it confirms my previous concerns were unwarranted and every generation gets in on Gigantamaxing. Hopefully Tyranitar getting one also means Hydreigon is close behind since GF has been pushing them as counterparts when showcasing the feature.

GODDAMMIT NOOOOO
****ING STANTLER OF ALL POKEMON GETS LOVE? ****ING GODDAMN ****

at least Staraptor will get love
To be fair, Stantler needs it. It's probably one of the most forgettable Pokemon out of Gen 2.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Oh, I didn't say it would've been successful, just that it wouldn't have been regarded as a terrible crossover had Nintendo not announce it so early as "Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem" and letting people hype up their expectations.
Ill agree they shouldnt have said SMTXFE, for sure. But im pretty happy with what we were given quite honestly

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
IDK. Maybe let the team try again for a sequel. Iron out the bugs and make it better.

I mean, Fire Emblem and
A #FE Sequal would be amazing. But please Atlus, if you are gonna put girls in bikinis, at least make them of legal age or full on adults first
You know, for as much as it added, I don't feel like Gen 2 gets nearly as much love as it deserves.
Thats because it doesnt

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Overwatch has finally completed its download, and I've played a couple games. Mercy is ****ing awesome and this game is fun. So I'll see you guys later.
We should play sometime. Done nothing but mess with sensitivity/button mapping settings (I swear swapping from B = A, X = Y on Xbox One to a Switch Pro controller is going to get me killed) these first few days.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
"Wow, I can't believe I'm starting my Pokemon journey. I wonder which Pokemon I'll see first?

Woah, what's that!?"

248-00-shiny.png

Level 40!? Piece of cake! We got this Sobble!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
"Wow, I can't believe I'm starting my Pokemon journey. I wonder which Pokemon I'll see first?

Woah, what's that!?"

View attachment 242420

Level 40!? Piece of cake! We got this Sobble!
So basically those memes of beating Level 10 trainers with Legendaries is now Ascended?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Am I the only one wondering about the eyeball stuck in a web from that collage leak?
That's not the collage leak I'm talking about. I'm talking about the AMA styled 4chan collage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom