• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I Love the art! The partners are real unique, gives a spotlight to some of the more obscure creatures of the Mario world. Daisy being a partner is unexpected but an awesome idea.

I really like the idea of a Peach having her own party and story, I’ve always enjoyed how much agency Peach has in the Paper Mario games compared to the mainline games, this seems like a natural progression. Are Mario and Peach stories happening simultaneously, and do they ever interact?
Thank you! I’ve beem putting some time into developing them. Initially I just made the connection between Daisy and the Flower Points, but I realized how fun she’d be, especially with PM writing, which I’ve worked on a little excerpt here:
Thought of this little scenario at work for my Paper Mario ideas and I’m considering doing more writing for it if I like how it turns out. Thoughts?
Daisy first appears dressed in her sports attire wearing roller skates and wielding a tennis racket (both would be used in her moves) and after she agrees to join Peach’s party, she changes into her princess dress still wearing the roller skates, skating around Peach in circles.
:ultpeach:: “Are you...still wearing your skates?”
:ultdaisy:: “Yep. Practice with them all the time in my dresses. Only tripped once.”
:ultpeach:: “Don’t your gowns get dirty or torn?”
:ultdaisy:: “I had them all laminated.”
:ultpeach:: “I’m just surprised you’re not sticking with your sport clothes for this.”
:ultdaisy:: “ I thought about it, but if I did, those mobs would think I’d have a tennis racket on me if I wore that. They’d never suspect I was carrying both that and my rollerblades under my dress. They’d come across us thinking “Oh hey look! A couple of princesses walking by unsuspectingly. Surely they can’t be armed, LET’S GET THEM!” They challenge us to a battle and BAM! One rollerblade kick and tennis racket beating later, that start reevaluating their personal biases.”
:ultpeach:: “...”
:ultdaisy:: “Well, let’s get a move on! I always wanted to kick Bowser’s shell!”
:ultpeach:: “...”
Sketch: “She’s quite a character, isn’t she?”
I plan to have them happen simultaneously and give the player the choice to who’s side and chapter they complete next so they’re not stuck with one side. They will

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i drove 7 hours home and i got a ticket within the last 30 minute stretch

image.gif

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm doing a new pretend Paper Mario with Yoshi as the protagonist.
The title of my game is called: "Paper Yoshi and the Eternal Clock"
More to come soon.

Shroob

Sup?
You get the chance to put a single song into Ultimate from a franchise that's already represented but said song isn't

Choose wisely

Mine's just a little ditty called

RULES OF NATUUUUUUUUURE

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You get the chance to put a single song into Ultimate from a franchise that's already represented but said song isn't

Choose wisely

RULES OF NATUUUUUUUUURE
why the **** did they take out valedictory elegy

put it back in

Noipoi

Howdy!

Choose wisely

RULES OF NATUUUUUUUUURE
Can I count Banjo Kazooie as a general Rare universe for the specific purpose of including The Great Mighty Poo’s song?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Choose wisely

RULES OF NATUUUUUUUUURE
After I thought about it, Bianco Hills.
I'd love Click Clock Wood or any MGR song or Life Will Change SERIOUSLY IT WAS IN JOKER'S TRAILER WHY DON'T WE HAVE IT but out of the 100+ Mario songs we have, only 3 of them are from Sunshine, and 2 of them are the same song but one is a remixed version. I think Sunshine's soundtrack is great and it deserves more representation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
With me doing a pretend new Paper Mario game seen above, here are some characters/enemies that would be interesting for Yoshi's 9 partners.
-Wiggler
-Chain Chomp
-Shy Guy
-Monty Mole
-Hammer Bro
-Topman
-Pokey
-Tropical Wiggler
-Tostarenan
-Moe Eyes
-Blooper
-Dry Bones
-Piranha Plant
-Bullet Bill
-Poochy himself
-Goonie
-Waddlewing
-Chuckya
-Bandinero

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
After I thought about it, Bianco Hills.
I'd love Click Clock Wood or any MGR song or Life Will Change SERIOUSLY IT WAS IN JOKER'S TRAILER WHY DON'T WE HAVE IT but out of the 100+ Mario songs we have, only 3 of them are from Sunshine, and 2 of them are the same song but one is a remixed version. I think Sunshine's soundtrack is great and it deserves more representation.
I wish there was a way to get the Boss Theme remix from the M&S at the London Olympic Games into Smash.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
With me doing a pretend new Paper Mario game seen above, here are some characters/enemies that would be interesting for Yoshi's 9 partners.
-Wiggler
-Chain Chomp
-Shy Guy
-Monty Mole
-Hammer Bro
-Topman
-Pokey
-Tropical Wiggler
-Tostarenan
-Moe Eyes
-Blooper
-Dry Bones
-Piranha Plant
-Bullet Bill
-Poochy himself
-Goonie
-Waddlewing
-Chuckster
-Bandinero
Let me know what ones you want me to use.
Keep in mind that they’d need at least 4 attacks and one or two field abilities for them.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey since we’re all sharing ideas~

I had this idea for a project I called “Bank Heist”, I was wondering if any of you knew how to most effectively rob a bank without getting imprisoned.

Y’know, for a project ;)

Shroob

Sup?

I had this idea for a project I called “Bank Heist”, I was wondering if any of you knew how to most effectively rob a bank without getting imprisoned.

Y’know, for a project ;)
Yes, but I require bitcoin payments upfront.

/s

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Choose wisely

RULES OF NATUUUUUUUUURE
Give me a Smooth Jazz remix of Armored Armadillo's theme.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Y’know, for a project ;)
Dissolve your body and turn into a ghost, works like a charm.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Gigantamax Kirby.jpg

G I G A N T A M A X K I R B Y
Kirby:"SKREEEEEOOOGNK!!!"
(If you don't know Kirby is doing Legendary Godzilla's roar.)

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
-Wiggler
-Chain Chomp
-Shy Guy
-Monty Mole
-Hammer Bro
-Topman
-Pokey
-Tropical Wiggler
-Tostarenan
-Moe Eyes
-Blooper
-Dry Bones
-Piranha Plant
-Bullet Bill
-Poochy himself
-Goonie
-Waddlewing
-Chuckster
-Bandinero
Anyway here’s my picks:
Poochy, Chain Chomp, Shy Guy, Monty Mole, Blooper, Piranha Plant, Tropical Wiggler, Goonie, and Tostarenan or Dry Bones

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Anyway here’s my picks:
Poochy, Chain Chomp, Shy Guy, Monty Mole, Blooper, Piranha Plant, Tropical Wiggler, Goonie, and Tostarenan or Dry Bones
Thanks! here are the order of partners:
Prologue: Shy Guy
Chapter 1: Monty Mole
Chapter 2: Chain Chomp
Chapter 3: ?
Chapter 4: ?
Chapter 5: ?
Chapter 6: ?
(7, 8 & 9 are my picks.)
Chapter 7: Chuckya
Chapter 8: Pokey
Chapter 9: Bandinero
Finale: None
11: Poochy (Optional)

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Also, thoughts on what I should do for the last partners in both Mario’s and Peach’s parties here?
Mario’s Partners:
0CEC9D9A-2FE2-4A8E-8CC5-B1D98D6CCA9E.jpeg

A female Reznor, leader of a large Reznor village whose 4 children were kidnapped by the main villain to use in her creations and she joins Mario to rescue them.

Field Abilities
-She can charge through obstacles
-She uses her horns to lift objects
-She can spit fireballs to hit or ignite objects
-Mario can ride on her back

Attacks
-Charge: Builds up speed and rams into a single opponent

-Horn Chuck: Lifts a single enemy with her horns and tosses them one spot behind where they were standing, can do damage to any enemies standing directly behind

-Full Speed Ahead: Builds up speed and charges straight through all grounded enemies

-Horn Juggle: Lifts a single enemy with her horns and tosses them in the air several times before dropping them on the ground

-Stampede: Summons a herd of Reznors to charge at and damage all ground level enemies

-Fireball: Spits out a single fireball that hits one enemy

-Fire Wall: Spits out a pillar of fire directly in front of Mario to act as a defensive wall against physical attacks from enemies

-Flame Breath: Charges up her breath to let out a continuous stream of fire to hit multiple enemies.
88307F96-B4DD-4A5C-B4D5-1C9FD56B8372.jpeg

A female Lakitu who works as a Lakitu Cloud mechanic. Her Cloud is weaker than normal ones as it’s unable to fly high on its own power so she outfitted it with mechanical enhancements to help it reach its potential. (Unsure about her motives to join Mario’s party yet)

Field Abilities
-Mario can hitch a ride on her Cloud
-The Cloud can float above certain terrain
-The Cloud’s propeller can switch out into a spring and can perform a Super Jump
-The Cloud can release electricity, rain, and blow wind
-Jaki can operate and repair machinery

Attacks
-Spiny Drone: Throws out a robot Spiny to hit a single opponent, can hit flying opponents

-Cloud-apult: Jaki retreats into her shell as the Cloud changes into Spring mode. After charging up, the Cloud launches Jaki high into the air and she lands on the enemy with great force.

-High Lift: Jaki lifts herself and Mario into the air to avoid ground level attacks

-Lightning Strike: performs a lightning strike on a grounded enemy

-Sudden Downpour: Jaki moves above a single enemy and has the Cloud rain on it, effective against fiery enemies.

-Shocking Static: Jaki spins the Cloud around Mario to give him an electric aura that shocks enemies when they try to physically attack him
F1E407A3-BA68-4E8D-AB33-A981ACF5912D.jpeg

A rookie boxer from the slums of New Donk City, after narrowly losing his latest attempt to go the distance, he’s decided join Mario on his quest to grow stronger and take on as many foes as he can. You’ll also encounter his rival Ares “The Scrapper” Broozer on the road to challenge him.

Field Abilities
-He can climb on walls facing the camera
-He can grapple onto nearby nodes

Attacks
-Flying Cross: He uses his web to swing himself forward and deliver a punch

-Poison Strike: He spits out a poison shot that inflicts extra damage on a single enemy

-Web Trap: He throws out a small ball of sticky webbing that sticks a single enemy on the ground and immobilizes them

-Propeller Hook: While descending from the ceiling, he spins himself around and twirl up his web. He spins back with his arms outstretched hitting one enemy multiple times

-Web Fling: He throws a big web that can trap and immobilize all enemies
Peach’s Partners:
56CE5FBA-A8A2-466A-A895-3B39C4F57186.jpeg

Daisy is Daisy. After escaping from the earlier scuffle with Sketch, Peach finds herself in a familiar desert and seeks out her friend’s kingdom in order to seek shelter at first but decides to recruit her friend to help her on the journey back to the Mushroom Kingdom.

Field Abilities
-She skates fast taking Peach’s hand and leading, Peach slows her down by putting out her parasol
-She can make various plants in the overworld grow

-Long range power that makes enemies or NPCs fall asleep. (Potential power)

Attacks
-Service: Daisy wacks a tennis ball to hit a single enemy

-Return: Daisy moves in front of Peach and prepares her racket to return any projectiles the enemies throw out in exchange for potentially taking damage meant for Peach

-Slap: Delivers a powerful slap to a single enemy

-Flower Bed: Makes a bed of flowers appear surrounding all ground enemies and makes them fall asleep for a set number of turns

-Flower Power: Restores Flower Points
AA75CB32-80AD-4300-A760-8AB3AFBEB1A9.jpeg
BF10E781-191C-4392-9210-F6908A07F8B1.jpeg
DAFC402E-107C-48D4-BF5B-5B20E5BFC557.jpeg

A Yoshi sick of the cutesy stigma his species has perpetuated and break the mold with his edgy persona is part of a super secret organization and tasked with taking down the cult mentioned earlier as well as the forces the Shaman has created, and decides to team with Peach since their goals align

Field Abilities
-Grabs Peach using his tongue and launches her
-cuts down objects and obstacles in the field with his blade Cutting Edge

Attacks
-grabs a single enemy with his tongue and spits it back out
-ground pounds on a single enemy
-swings around his blade with a wide attack that hits all grounded enemies
-shoots a Bullet Bill out of the cannon part of his blade to attack and explode
WIP, a current understudy in a stage theatre who dreams of becoming a full actress, she’s capable of nailing the appearance of anyone she needs to portray but is lacking in terms of performing/voicing the part and joins with Peach to help with more stealthy tasks as well as getting better with her own disguises

Field Abilities
-turns Peach invisible and move around to bypass obstacles and hazards, but can only be intangible if still
-while invisible, they can copy a NPC or enemy’s appearance when close.

Attacks
Head Missile: jumps into the air and dive bombs towards a single enemy
-turns Peach intangible to avoid massive attacks

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Choose wisely

RULES OF NATUUUUUUUUURE
Wistful Wilds from Pik-a-min 2.

The Pikmin representation in Smash feels kinda poor, not gonna lie. Even Olimar and Alph themselves. Let’s add some more non-menu/mode music at least.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Some of you probably remember this image rumor for sword and shield but it’s looking a little more likely now. Potential spoilers ahead:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Some of you probably remember this image rumor for sword and shield but it’s looking a little more likely now. Potential spoilers ahead:
I'm a sucker for armored knights so I hope the pokemon design they choose to go with that theme looks cool. High hopes since Aegislash was one of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom