• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
If we did get an RE character, what would you guys want the stage to be? I feel the most likely would be Raccoon City, as it would fit both Jill and Leon for RE2 and RE3 respectively, though I think it could move around like Delfino Plaza. If its Jill or Chris, Spencer Mansion would be a good fit. And a Spanish Village if it was Leon.

Any other ideas?
I'm thinking of an Umbrella laboratory stage akin to the MvC3 stages

Sounds like a good stage do display all kinds of B.O.W.s

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I remember re-joining the site back in 2011 during the initial announcement to speculate. Sadly it took 2 years before any info came around aside from the blackboard image & Bandai Namco reveal.

But yeah, Brawl was bad. There were so many potential characters to be included, let alone 3rd Parties being a thing for the first time. My goodness. The info drought wasn't as long, but it was definitely more painful. I can only marginally remember the wait between the E3 2006 trailer, the Oct/Nov 2006 trailer, and then the Dojo opening in May 2007. Not to mention the game got delayed twice.

If it wasn't for Diamond/Pearl hype I would have went crazy. Granted that was a wait in and of itself after the original 2004 announcement & localization delay.

Shroob

Sup?
I remember re-joining the site back in 2011 during the initial announcement to speculate. Sadly it took 2 years before any info came around aside from the blackboard image & Bandai Namco reveal.

But yeah, Brawl was bad. There were so many potential characters to be included, let alone 3rd Parties being a thing for the first time. My goodness. The info drought wasn't as long, but it was definitely more painful. I can only marginally remember the wait between the E3 2006 trailer, the Oct/Nov 2006 trailer, and then the Dojo opening in May 2007. Not to mention the game got delayed twice.

If it wasn't for Diamond/Pearl hype I would have went crazy. Granted that was a wait in and of itself after the original 2004 announcement & localization delay.
I still remember when

"Fox McCloud is confirmed!" was the one morsel of news that was available until the Dojo went live for MONTHs.

That was brutal.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
After playing the first level of Sonic Mania I can safely say I suck *** at classic Sonic.
You're making sure to roll every time you see a slope, yeah?

Oh, and utilize the Drop Dash to maintain your momentum as much as possible (assuming that you're playing as Sonic, that is).

MainJPW

M.T.A
After 20 minutes I can say that Sonic Mania is fun, but I suck at it.

You know when something is fun but you keep losing so you kinda have less fun? That’s me.
I'll show you something KMDP said a few months back.

I'll also refer you to The Geek Critique's excellent video on the subject:

The thing about Sonic that new players have to come to grips with is that he's "heavier" than characters like Mario and Megaman in a gameplay sense; it takes more time for him to accelerate and decelerate. His unassisted top speed is also much lower than his potential top speed. What the Mega Drive games and Mania have you do to reach higher speeds and to reach them quicker, is use the game's physics and level design to your advantage; and because Sonic is heavy, stopping (either on purpose or because of some obstacle) is more costly, so there's more emphasis on keeping things moving smoothly. Because Sonic has mechanics that allow him to exceed his unassisted top speed (holding down on the directional pad to roll) moving smoothly from obstacle to obstacle can increase your speed even further, rather than simply maintaining it.

Spin Dash for example isn't really a momentum-based move, but it's balanced against the rest of the mechanics. It requires the player to come to a stop (which, as I said above, is costly; the Spin Dash may not make up for the cost of stopping) and charge it up (which takes up some time), and its top speed is still less than the player can achieve through proper use of physics and maintaining momentum. It's a useful tool, but it doesn't dominate the gameplay.

The Drop Dash, which was introduced in Mania, according to The Taxman (Christian Whitehead) actually came about so that players can maintain their momentum and keep the flow going without having to constantly stop to charge up a traditional Spin Dash.

So my advice would be to actually keep replaying those first few stages to get accustomed to the games' physics and flow. Cram Green Hill Zone into your brain so much that traversing that terrain becomes second nature. Try out the other characters because Tails and Knuckles have a sort of flashy practicality that Sonic lacks, with abilities that let you 'break' the game in a sense to surpass several areas and access new ones. On the other hand, there are players that prefer Sonic not having any "crutch" abilities. The Insta Shield and the Drop Dash are small tweaks geared toward more experienced players that they may have a lot more fun with than Tails and Knuckles's abilities, while guys who like exploration and finding secrets will always be drawn more to Knuckles and Tails.

Mighty and Ray are odd ones; their abilities are slightly more obtuse and intermediate. You can't cheese the game as easily with them unless you really master their abilities.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Simple solution:

Acknowledge you're way too into this and take a step back.

It's fine and dandy to be passionate, but you're taking this as a personal offense.
Maybe you’re right.

But I swear; if anyone needs to take a step back, or even quit altogether, it’s who I’m referring to. All that toxicity and hatred and they bug fans about it, trying to bring them down, discourage them; they clearly have a big, frickin problem. I don’t care if they dislike a character, they don’t have to be scumbags about it. It’s not even speculation at that point, it’s just stupid stuff.

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe you’re right.

But I swear; if anyone needs to take a step back, or even quit altogether, it’s who I’m referring to. All that toxicity and hatred and they bug fans about it, trying to bring them down, discourage them; they clearly have a big, frickin problem. I don’t care if they dislike a character, they don’t have to be scumbags about it. It’s not even speculation at that point, it’s just stupid stuff.
I say this with sincerety

Let it go

I get it, it sucks when your character is ragged on and made the butt of jokes endlessly

But straight up, you Steve fans ain't got noooothing on Cloud pre-Smash 4 DLC.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I say this with sincerety

Let it go

I get it, it sucks when your character is ragged on and made the butt of jokes endlessly

But straight up, you Steve fans ain't got noooothing on Cloud pre-Smash 4 DLC.
It annoys me with every character, not just Steve. It just so happens I see it happen to Steve more commonly.

Even if it happens a lot for many characters, it doesn’t excuse their behavior. Being jerks to everyone they disagree with, acting high-and-mighty and as if they know everything. Over what? A silly videogame.

Shroob

Sup?
It annoys me with every character, not just Steve. It just so happens I see it happen to Steve more commonly.

Even if it happens a lot for many characters, it doesn’t excuse their behavior. Being jerks to everyone they disagree with, acting high-and-mighty and as if they know everything. Over what? A silly videogame.
Dude, it's the internet.

I know you're not new to the internet but, that's just how it is everywhere for everything.

You 'need' to learn to just let it go, your frustration and anger isn't worth it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Dude, it's the internet.

I know you're not new to the internet but, that's just how it is everywhere for everything.

You 'need' to learn to just let it go, your frustration and anger isn't worth it.
Alright, then.

I tend to quickly bounce back into feeling normal or happy, anyway, so *shrug* I’ll just try my best to ignore them, I guess...

Shroob

Sup?
Alright, then.

I tend to quickly bounce back into feeling normal or happy, anyway, so *shrug* I’ll just try my best to ignore them, I guess...
The internet's a place where anonymity shrouds people from repercussions.

People say whatever they want because, to be truthful, what are you gonna do about it? Get mad at em?

The best thing you can do is, and I say this with earnest, is to just shrug it off. It sucks that people are *****, but, they were gonna be ***** to anyone to begin with, and there's no real 'getting back' or 'teaching them a lesson'.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The internet's a place where anonymity shrouds people from repercussions.

People say whatever they want because, to be truthful, what are you gonna do about it? Get mad at em?

The best thing you can do is, and I say this with earnest, is to just shrug it off. It sucks that people are *****, but, they were gonna be ***** to anyone to begin with, and there's no real 'getting back' or 'teaching them a lesson'.
That’s true, heh.

I get it now. Understood it before with trolls but I tended to have problems ignoring them anyway :S I’ll try and get better at that.

Thanks for the advice.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
It's 4:53 A.M. here and I've been doing nothing but watching Super Mario Sunshine speedruns for four hours.

Considering getting professional help.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
KOTM 2.jpg

Found this entire picture of King of the Monsters fanmade posters with different monsters like Biollante and others.
1st Top Row: Megalon/Hedorah/Biollante/Ebirah/Jet Jaguar/Manda/Caesar/Femuto

2nd Top Row: Varan/Kamacuras/Gipsy Danger/Ghidorah/Mothra/Kong/Gorosaurus/Destroyah

3rd Bottom Row: Minilla/Gamera/Skullcrawler/Godzilla/Rodan/Hokmuto/Baragon/SpaceGodzilla

4th Bottom Row: MechaGodzilla/Mecha King Ghidorah/Titanosaurus/Anguirus/Kumonga/Battra/Gigan/Gabara

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
608350F0-272B-475C-B08B-807E8FCD569E.jpeg
It's definitely in my top3 for this Halloween...

But

Pyro Shark Do Do Do Do Do

View attachment 242096
Oh my god. This reminds me. I was looking at a list of upcoming Nickelodeon shows, and one of them in the preschool section was just called “baby shark”

If we did get an RE character, what would you guys want the stage to be? I feel the most likely would be Raccoon City, as it would fit both Jill and Leon for RE2 and RE3 respectively, though I think it could move around like Delfino Plaza. If its Jill or Chris, Spencer Mansion would be a good fit. And a Spanish Village if it was Leon.

Any other ideas?
Like, I know it really doesn’t fit Leon, but the Spencer Mansion is THE iconic Resident Evil location. I don’t think it really can be anything else.

Maybe you’re right.

I’m sorry for how I’ve made you feel in the past. I really need to do a better job at trying to be better.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Overwatch for the Switch is coming out today, along with the Halloween event beginning AND they're doing major character balancing. I'm stoked.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
yesterday's leaker was apparently not being impersonated

what a wild ride this implausible mess is
Isn’t Shifty the guy who said Ryu Hayabusa was the next character, only to get rekt when Terry showed up?

I’m going to wait until Brew actually says it was them or more information comes out. This seems like a hot mess until that happens.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Please no

I don’t want fortnite in smash

I would lose trust in Nintendo and I’ll boycott everything Nintendo if it happens. :(
That’s quite extreme. Fortnite is just an ordinary game. There’s no reason to boycott Nintendo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That’s being quite extreme. Fortnite is just an ordinary game. There’s no reason to boycott Nintendo.
There is

Bringing in the screaming little kids
Steve not being part of the roster instead
Cringe
It’s just like hitagis dlc leaks but worse

D

Deleted member

Isn’t Shifty the guy who said Ryu Hayabusa was the next character, only to get rekt when Terry showed up?

I’m going to wait until Brew actually says it was them or more information comes out. This seems like a hot mess until that happens.
The situation is ridiculous, I think its better to just wait until Terry's reveal or someone gives more concrete info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom