• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Luigi's Mansion has some lowkey great character development specifically for Luigi. He's one of the few Mario characters who feels like they have an actual personality, mannerisms and motivations that make him more relate-able and believable as a character.
Not to **** on other Mario characters or anything but I just really like Luigi unless it's in a Smash context
http_%2F%2Fimg07.deviantart.net%2Fa931%2Fi%2F2017%2F167%2F2%2F1%2Fexpression_meme_luigi_by_spi...png

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Luigi's Mansion has some lowkey great character development specifically for Luigi. He's one of the few Mario characters who feels like they have an actual personality, mannerisms and motivations that make him more relate-able and believable as a character.
Not to **** on other Mario characters or anything but I just really like Luigi unless it's in a Smash context
Great. That is nice. You two can get a room while you're at it. :troll:

D

Deleted member

You don’t like planking, finger banging,
vogueing Luigi?
Oh let me rant about Smash Luigi for a hot ****in minute. Besides his personality not matching up at all with the current Mario universe Luigi (not that that's uncommon for Smash anyway) I think he's legitimately badly designed
  • Horrible neutral, thanks in part to his stubby limbs which give him no range
  • Clunky as all hell
  • No traction
  • Slow as all hell, both ground and air wise
  • Green Missle is bad any time it doesn't misfire
  • Super linear recovery
  • Struggles to find kills
But he has one saving grace that makes him not the worst of the worst, and that is if he grabs you at 0 you ****ing die. At that point you just have to hope he ****s up the combo so he has to try and kill you with his otherwise lackluster kit. Except for Cyclone and Nair which are still bull****.
Luigi has always been a wack character and Ultimate is no exception

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh let me rant about Smash Luigi for a hot ****in minute. Besides his personality not matching up at all with the current Mario universe Luigi (not that that's uncommon for Smash anyway) I think he's legitimately badly designed
  • Clunky as all hell
  • No traction
But he has one saving grace that makes him not the worst of the worst, and that is if he grabs you at 0 you ****ing die. At that point you just have to hope he ****s up the combo so he has to try and kill you with his otherwise lackluster kit. Also Cyclone and Nair are still bull****.
Better watch what you say, Chucklehead Tom, or Luigi will use his taunt to kick you off the stage! If you're not online, that is.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
But yeah, Luigi is like, the only character they give a character to. It's why he's grown so popular over the years and why many prefer him to Mario.

Only other character given personality is Bowser, and he oozes it even without speaking any words.

e2a01c21852554ab12ed591f39097ecdea51f61c_hq.gif

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
  • Clunky as all hell
  • No traction
But he has one saving grace that makes him not the worst of the worst, and that is if he grabs you at 0 you ****ing die. At that point you just have to hope he ****s up the combo so he has to try and kill you with his otherwise lackluster kit. Also Cyclone and Nair are still bull****.
Other than Negative Zone and the weird planking thing which I still don't understand to this day, Luigi has been interpreted fairly well in Smash. I know it might seem like a bad thing for them to focus so much on his negative qualities, but that's honestly what he's best known for. He's awkward, clumsy, and a coward. Those are things that help him stand out from Mario, who's about as bland as a Mii character.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
5yffqv1y0ovy.jpg

Meta Knight was a bowling ball along. (More like Bowling Borb. Get it?)
Also he looks like Bowling Bulb from Plants vs Zombies, the blue one.
Bowling_Bulb2.png

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think the reason why Smash Luigi feels so wonky is that the team behind designing characters takes WAY more creative liberties with Luigi than with Mario, and Luigi ends up being a Min-Maxed version of an average brawler because of it.

D

Deleted member

You know someone brought up the guy who leaked Piranha Plant and this is just a baseless theory of mine but what if the person who made the Grinch Leak and the person who leaked Piranha Plant were the same dude? Someone made this elaborate and highly realistic looking fake to cover for them also leaking some real info.

While it's probably not true that could be interesting if true.

MainJPW

M.T.A
These Kaka Carrot Cake renders are fresh. Dragon crew looking fire af.

Now if only the in-game models looked like that. They look kinda...rough.

Yeesh. I'm going as Goku for Halloween.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Luigi is best boy. I really didn't like dark moon though idk if others feel the same. I'd like to give lm3 a try though.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
But yeah, Luigi is like, the only character they give a character to. It's why he's grown so popular over the years and why many prefer him to Mario.

Only other character given personality is Bowser, and he oozes it even without speaking any words.

View attachment 241838
There's also Daisy.

Even though she arguably has more of a personality than any other female human Mario character, she's also one of the least popular.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You know someone brought up the guy who leaked Piranha Plant and this is just a baseless theory of mine but what if the person who made the Grinch Leak and the person who leaked Piranha Plant were the same dude? Someone made this elaborate and highly realistic looking fake to cover for them also leaking some real info.

While it's probably not true that could be interesting if true.
“Guys a Piranha Plant is coming to smash”
“Stop lying **** face”
“You want real leaks, huh? Alright, I’ll give you a real damn leak”

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I’ve seen crap, I’ve made crap, and I can tell ya that was a good start. Keep at it and you could go far.

Or you could just quit because you don’t like compliments or whatever. You do you boo.
i enjoy the complements but I feel like my drawings are god aweful. Thats why I threw most of my old drawings away after I made them

D

Deleted member

View attachment 241838
All the characters do have personalities, it’s just that, (and as much as it pains me to say this,) Mario can be a little uninteresting at times, but he very much so does have a personality. That being said, Luigi and Bowser’s personalities are a lot more exaggerated and a little more fleshed out, which makes them more interesting characters.

D

Deleted member

Other than Negative Zone and the weird planking thing which I still don't understand to this day, Luigi has been interpreted fairly well in Smash. I know it might seem like a bad thing for them to focus so much on his negative qualities, but that's honestly what he's best known for. He's awkward, clumsy, and a coward. Those are things that help him stand out from Mario, who's about as bland as a Mii character.
Even though he is still cowardly Luigi has definitely become more confident since the GameCube/Wii days, and his awkwardness always seemed to make him come off as more charmingly dorky rather than just weird. Smash Luigi and Mario Luigi honestly feel like 2 different characters.
Again that's not exactly something Smash doesn't have a problem with to begin with (See Brawl and 4 Mario, Lucina, Kazooie, etc.) but with Luigi it's definitely noticeable.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
All the characters do have personalities, it’s just that, (and as much as it pains me to say this,) Mario can be a little uninteresting at times, but he very much so does have a personality. That being said, Luigi and Bowser’s personalities are a lot more exaggerated and a little more fleshed out, which makes them more interesting characters.
Bowser and Luigi have dialogue that compliments Mario on his crossdressing.

I absolutely love that. Plus the flustered reaction to a shirtless Mario by Bowser.

I hope Odyssey 2 or the next Mario game does the costumes again. It's stuff like those reactions that help make the game charming.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Bowser and Luigi have dialogue that compliments Mario on his crossdressing.

I absolutely love that. Plus the flustered reaction to a shirtless Mario by Bowser.

I hope Odyssey 2 or the next Mario game does the costumes again. It's stuff like those reactions that help make the game charming.
Of course Luigi of all people would complement Mario in a dress.

910e19b0379994b3caaacae125676e7c8f890471_hq.gif

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That leaves the question of why Bowser does it, though.

View attachment 241844

Bit of a stretch since Birdo only is a crossdresser in Japan and otherwise is female but idk.

Either way, Bowser, for being a bit of a tyrant, he ain't no bigot.
Birdo is not a "crosdresser". She's transgender.

Do NOT try to erase one of the only few examples of representation we have. I can count the amount of trans gaming characters on 3 fingers,

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
As I've posted before, I'm working on spriting the Dr. Mario viruses (currently working on #8 out of 17). :ultdoc:

Looking on the Reddit page of Dr. Mario World (even though I don't have an account there) and I noticed they have the Reddit guy like a virus.

So cute that I might make that one into my sprite thing too.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
NGL that’s one of the reasons why I want a future Luigi’s Mansion game to have Mario as a player 2 for Luigi as I want to see what Next Level could do with him and his interactions with his brother (provided Nintendo will allow them a bit of freedom with him)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
NGL that’s one of the reasons why I want a future Luigi’s Mansion game to have Mario as a player 2 for Luigi as I want to see what Next Level could do with him and his interactions with his brother (provided Nintendo will allow them a bit of freedom with him)
Arlo came up with a cool idea for a co-op Mario and Luigi game where Mario has FLUDD and Luigi has the Poltergust, with a focus on puzzle solving. Could be interesting.
Ugh my frien

in the US, yes but in Japan they are literaly called a crossdresser
I don't know what to say without trying to sound problematic.....

A)I would very much prefer you stop using that word, in fact, I treat it as a slur
B)Japan better get with the US interpretation fast.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Arlo came up with a cool idea for a co-op Mario and Luigi game where Mario has FLUDD and Luigi has the Poltergust, with a focus on puzzle solving. Could be interesting.
Don’t see how spraying water will help fight off ghosts (:ultbayonetta:s and :ultinkling::ultinklingboy: maybe, but ghosts?) but yeah I had some puzzle solving in mind between the two of them at least.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Don’t see how spraying water will help fight off ghosts (:ultbayonetta:s and :ultinkling::ultinklingboy: maybe, but ghosts?) but yeah I had some puzzle solving in mind between the two of them at least.
His idea wouldn't exactly be a Luigi's Mansion game. It would be it's own thing.

But yeah, if they just dropped Mario in Luigi's Mansion, he'd have to have a Poltergust

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I think Birdo's gender is supposed to be a joke at this point. Depending on the game you play, both old ones and new ones, Birdo can be referred to as male or female, and there's never really been a solid answer as to whether or not the character is male, female, or trans. Superstar Saga purposely makes it more confusing by making Popple question what he should call Birdo.

D

Deleted member

Alright y'all. The results are in. Here is the party for Dragon Quest 6. All of this was randomly generated so take none of this personally.

The Hero will be OsirisOda OsirisOda because he is a dork who gets the girl.

My Man Carver is going to be Gentlepanda Gentlepanda He will beat you all to death like a baboon

Hinata Hinata will be Milly, the frail magic *****. Enjoy your new coffin, Hinata.

This nerd named Nevan is going to be KarneraMythos KarneraMythos I don't even know what you do, but you look ridiculous.

Next up is Aaron's love interest, praline praline

Next up is Terry. He's either the coolest character or the biggest **** eater of the party. It's Zinith Zinith

Up next is Amos. His gimmick is he turns into a monster at night and is completely unnecessary to beat the game with. That's gonna be Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs welcome aboard, buddy

Finally is a mother-****ing T-rez with an axe. SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 You fall in love with Zinith because love or something; I don't know how reptiles work.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright y'all. The results are in. Here is the party for Dragon Quest 6. All of this was randomly generated so take none of this personally.

My Man Carver is going to be Gentlepanda Gentlepanda He will beat you all to death like a baboon

Hinata Hinata will be Milly, the frail magic *****. Enjoy your new coffin, Hinata.

This nerd named Nevan is going to be KarneraMythos KarneraMythos I don't even know what you do, but you look ridiculous.

Next up is Terry. He's either the coolest character or the biggest **** eater of the party. It's Zinith Zinith

Up next is Amos. His gimmick is he turns into a monster at night and is completely unnecessary to beat the game with. That's gonna be Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs welcome aboard, buddy

Finally is a mother-****ing T-rez with an axe. You fall in love with Zinith because love or something; I don't know how reptiles work.
Well. Maybe I'll get in DQ7.
Ok yeah, got a bit confused there.
Super excited for LM3 btw. Can't wait to compare it with Ghostbusters. Catching ghosts is just so satisfying.

I'll be right back.... need to do something. Just came up with an idea.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Finally is a mother-****ing T-rez with an axe. SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 You fall in love with Zinith because love or something; I don't know how reptiles work.
I'm a monster shape-shifter?
Heck. YES.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think Birdo's gender is supposed to be a joke at this point. Depending on the game you play, both old ones and new ones, Birdo can be referred to as male or female, and there's never really been a solid answer as to whether or not the character is male, female, or trans. Superstar Saga purposely makes it more confusing by making Popple question what he should call Birdo.
Don't do that. Don't erase us.
I somehow forgot to @ you. You're Lizzie.
Oh cool.......

You doing anything later Zinith Zinith ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom