• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
Alright y'all. The results are in. Here is the party for Dragon Quest 6. All of this was randomly generated so take none of this personally.

The Hero will be @Tactician Aaron because he is a dork who gets the girl.

My Man Carver is going to be @Gentlepanda He will beat you all to death like a baboon

@Hinata will be Milly, the frail magic *****. Enjoy your new coffin, Hinata.

This nerd named Nevan is going to be KarneraMythos KarneraMythos I don't even know what you do, but you look ridiculous.

Next up is Aaron's love interest, @praline

Next up is Terry. He's either the coolest character or the biggest **** eater of the party. It's Zinith Zinith

Up next is Amos. His gimmick is he turns into a monster at night and is completely unnecessary to beat the game with. That's gonna be @Hat N' Clogs welcome aboard, buddy

Finally is a mother-****ing T-rez with an axe. SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 You fall in love with Zinith because love or something; I don't know how reptiles work.
What? Milly's great. It's Ashlynn who spends all her time in coffins.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Crossdresser is a slur? But... They exist... And those people know the difference between a liking/hobby and a gender identity/having dysmorphia.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Don't do that. Don't erase us.
Not erasing anything. I'm just saying Nintendo has failed to provide an answer for almost 30 years, and because of that, we have dozens of games that contradict each other.

Maybe it's because Birdo rarely gets used anymore, but Nintendo really should have come up with an answer by now. They retconned the Koopaling's roles as Bowser's children shortly after they returned in NSMBWii, so we didn't have to wait long to get an answer for them. With Birdo, each studio seems to take liberties with what they consider Birdo to be. MK8 refers to Birdo as female, but Mario Tennis Aces and Super Mario Party refers to Birdo as male in the British English version.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Alright y'all. The results are in. Here is the party for Dragon Quest 6. All of this was randomly generated so take none of this personally.

The Hero will be @Tactician Aaron because he is a dork who gets the girl.

My Man Carver is going to be @Gentlepanda He will beat you all to death like a baboon

@Hinata will be Milly, the frail magic *****. Enjoy your new coffin, Hinata.

This nerd named Nevan is going to be KarneraMythos KarneraMythos I don't even know what you do, but you look ridiculous.

Next up is Aaron's love interest, @praline

Next up is Terry. He's either the coolest character or the biggest **** eater of the party. It's Zinith Zinith

Up next is Amos. His gimmick is he turns into a monster at night and is completely unnecessary to beat the game with. That's gonna be @Hat N' Clogs welcome aboard, buddy

Finally is a mother-****ing T-rez with an axe. SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 You fall in love with Zinith because love or something; I don't know how reptiles work.
What does he do? I never played DQ6 :yoshi:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeesh what a day. Been gone for most of it almost 8 hours. Did my double feature of Gemini Man and Joker and that pretty much wraps it up for my movies of this year. Overall this year has been great for movies. From great ones like Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Missing Link, Hobbs and Shaw, Crawl and How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World to disappointing ones such as Brightburn, Avengers: Endgame (In my opinion) and It: Chapter Two to worst such as Captain Marvel and Pet Sematary.

How I'd pretty much rank my top 11 for this year.

1. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
2. Missing Link
3. Ad Astra
4. Hobbs and Shaw
5. Shazam!
6. Crawl
7. Spider-Man: Far From Home
8. How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
9. Abominable
10. Happy Death Day 2U
11. Stuber

Honorable Mentions: Child's Play, Detective Pikachu, Gemini Man, Joker

BTW what was this I heard about Sakurai not doing anymore popular picks or am I misinterpreting things?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not erasing anything. I'm just saying Nintendo has failed to provide an answer for almost 30 years, and because of that, we have dozens of games that contradict each other.

Maybe it's because Birdo rarely gets used anymore, but Nintendo really should have come up with an answer by now. They retconned the Koopaling's roles as Bowser's children shortly after they returned in NSMBWii, so we didn't have to wait long to get an answer for them. With Birdo, each studio seems to take liberties with what they consider Birdo to be. MK8 refers to Birdo as female, but Mario Tennis Aces and Super Mario Party refers to Birdo as male in the British English version.
*glares*

Come on Nintendo, I just admitted you're not evil!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Yeah wait, what was the last game Birdo was used in anyway? That would me Tennis Aces right?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh no. I get it. It's because Birdo, even in Japan, still wants to be referred to as a woman.

So yeah. Sorry about that.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Yeah wait, what was the last game Birdo was used in anyway? That would me Tennis Aces right?
I believe it was Super Mario Party, and just about every version has a different pronoun for Birdo. Most use female, but the British English and Italian versions use male pronouns, while the Chinese and French versions use ambiguous pronouns.

So yeah, every studio and every region does whatever the heck they want.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Forgot to mention too. Another villain and final one I've seen this year in cinema has met his fate.

Clayton "Clay" Varris (Gemini Man): Shot point blank in the face with explosive gun.

And thus these are the very villains of cinema this year whose met their ends.

1. The Gamemaster (Escape Room): Knocked out by Ben and shot twice by Zoey.
2. Mr. Glass (Glass): Bones shattered by The Beast/Kevin Wendell Crumb and dies of internal bleeding.
3. Rex Dangervest (The Lego Movie: The Second Part): Ceases to exist due to timeline being erased.
4. Trevor "Viking" Calcote (Cold Pursuit): Shot by White Bull.
5. Grimmel the Grisly (How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World): Falls to his death.
6. Abraham, Umbrae, Pluto and Red (Us): Chopped up by motor (Abraham), Flung off car, stabbed by tree branch and dies of blood loss (Umbrae), Tricked into backing up into flames and burns to death (Pluto), Stabbed and choked to death (Red).
7. Nimue, the Blood Queen (Hellboy): Beheaded by Hellboy and sent back to Hell.
8. Lord Piggot-Dunceby (Missing Link): Destroys ice bridge out of insanity and falls to his death.
9. Thanos (Avengers: Endgame): Beheaded by Thor (Current)/Ceases to exist due to Tony snapping him out of existence (Past).
10. King Ghidorah (Godzilla: King of the Monsters): Disintegrated by Godzilla in his burning form, middle neck eaten by him and head being destroyed by atomic breath.
11. Chucky (Child's Play): Shot by Mike, beheaded by Karen and body destroyed by Andy and his friends.
12. Mysterio (Spider-Man: Far From Home): Shot by his own drones.
13. Alligators (Crawl): Head split open by shovel being bashed against head by Dave (1st alligator), Shot through the throat by Haley multiple times (2nd alligator), Trapped inside shower by Haley and supposedly starves to death (3rd alligator), Struck by large wooden pole and swept away (4th alligator).
14. Brixton Lore (Hobbs & Shaw): Terminated by Eteon and falls to his death.
15. Le Domas family (Ready or Not): Fails to kill Grace before sunset and all explodes.
16. Wade Jennings (Angel Has Fallen): Stabbed by Mike Banning and dies of blood loss.
17. Pennywise (It: Chapter Two): Believed into being small by the Losers, becomes shriveled and weak, heart taken out and disintegrates.
18. Hugo Martinez (Rambo: Last Blood): Pinned to the farm wall by arrows and heart cut out.
19. Dr. Zara (Abominable): Falls to her death alongside henchman inside vehicle by avalanche.
20. Clayton "Clay" Varris (Gemini Man): Shot point blank in the face with explosive gun.

Out of all of these which do you think had the best death?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
But hoesntly, they a pink dinosaur that somehow makes eggs in its mouth and I have better things to worry about other then weather a Mario enemy is male or female

PS: How do Birdos make eggs in their mouth, the more I think of it,the grosser it becomes

D

Deleted member

I believe it was Super Mario Party, and just about every version has a different pronoun for her. Most use female, but the British English and Italian versions use male pronouns, while the Chinese and French versions use ambiguous pronouns.

So yeah, every studio and every region does whatever the heck they want.
Who knew the Birdo lore was this deep.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Aight, I'm watching you...
View attachment 241850

It grew on me. It's a total meme-dream of a game!
Honestly..... I hate to admit it..... but the only DMC game I feel anything other than “meh” about is.... DmC. Like, 1-5 just feel kind of.... idk. The stories are especially bad compared to the likes of God of War, Bayonetta, and Astral Chain. None of the weapons really made that much of an impression on me and I never felt the need to switch to anything other than The Rebellion, Ebony, and Ivory. Dante is as personality less as Mario. It’s just the weakest offering in the genre.

DmC has characters I care for, a protagonist with a bit more depth and a good story that we are actually shown rather than told about. Weapons I actually felt like using. Tonns of memorable set pieces and bosses. It’s just.... better.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Having just watched Joker. I'd love to see an DC Dark Universe which solo films on other Batman villains. Killer Croc notably.

Also an Brightburn kind of approach on mirror movies of iconic comic villains but instead becomes heroes. Picture an movie where an Joker-esque character becomes a hero rather then a villain.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Having just watched Joker. I'd love to see an DC Dark Universe which solo films on other Batman villains. Killer Croc notably.

Also an Brightburn kind of approach on mirror movies of iconic comic villains but instead becomes heroes. Picture an movie where an Joker-esque character becomes a hero rather then a villain.
As a DC fan.... I am super sick on the over emphasis on villains. Specifically Batman villains. Especially since almost no DC Hero has had a good true to source adaptation. Especially Not Batman and Superman. This has only recently started happening with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam.

I just don’t like watching movies about the bad guy. I want to root for the protagonist. Plus, exactly how evil they are tends to get watered down to make them more relatable. You should never be made to feel empathy for The Joker. He’s pretty much pure chaotic evil. If you find yourself relating to him and empathizing with him then they did a bad job at adapting him. And I dread what this could to do other DC villains. Especially since elements from these movies tend to cross over to and influence the comics once they become popular.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I've finally caught up with watching the John Wick trilogy; Parabellum is easily the best out of the three, and I can't wait to see where they go with Chapter 4.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As a DC fan.... I am super sick on the over emphasis on villains. Specifically Batman villains. Especially since almost no DC Hero has had a good true to source adaptation. Especially Not Batman and Superman. This has only recently started happening with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam.

I just don’t like watching movies about the bad guy. I want to root for the protagonist. Plus, exactly how evil they are tends to get watered down to make them more relatable. You should never be made to feel empathy for The Joker. He’s pretty much pure chaotic evil. If you find yourself relating to him and empathizing with him then they did a bad job at adapting him. And I dread what this could to do other DC villains. Especially since elements from these movies tend to cross over to and influence the comics once they become popular.
This was probably not be but watching the movie I felt the movie wasn't trying to make you sympathize with him. At least that's how I felt with it but how it shows anyone can go down such a dark path.

Same they could do with these other supposed DC Dark movies.

Plus as a Joker movie I'd say its bad but as an Elseworld story based on the character its great IMO.
I really don’t like that idea. The idea of actions like Joker’s being idolized and heroicized is disturbing to me.
Except it wouldn't exactly be Joker, just a character based on him as Brandon Breyer from Brightburn was to Superman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom