• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Another debate regarding Minecraft's quality?

Guys, we're better than this...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It is blocks. That is the point. And enough blocks makes a circle.

And yes, you are limited ti given textures, unless you mod the pc version to add more. Remember, i said working within the limitations. By this logic, smash stage builder is crap because i cannot use over 100 colors. You work within the bounds to make something engaging and or fun.

And grab blender if you want 3d models.

Minecraft is a good time given the correct circumstances.
Did somebody say Blender?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
You can say that all you want. I still don’t think it’s fun.
Fair. Does not change the fact that others do. Grab blender. It is easy to use and free. Learn about geometry. Let me see if i have an old tutorial lying around. Making n64 models is quite relaxing

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
D

Deleted member

Come on, SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 . Just be happy with Banjo instead of trashing Minecraft. The fans already have it rough.

Last edited by a moderator:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Come on, SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 . Just be happy with Banjo instead of trashing Minecraft. The fans already have it rough.
Not sure banjo is in yet. Not buying any leaks at the moment.

I technically want banjo as a fighters pass character and a pipe dream mii fighter styled minecraft character. Will settle with mii costume though.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I'm sure my opinions on a reveal today are known, but I wanted to throw out that they definitely have been trying to hype these tournaments, they've just failed horribly. Nintendo's tried to gather interest through their social media, and even brought in people like Toph to gather interest from the community. The reason it seems like they haven't tried to spread interest is because it's an items tournament, so nobody cares.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not sure banjo is in yet. Not buying any leaks at the moment.

I technically want banjo as a fighters pass character and a pipe dream mii fighter styled minecraft character. Will settle with mii costume though.
I'm fairly certain Banjo was chosen given what we know. Regardless, my point was to not start another Minecraft debate when it's clear fans are sad that Steve isn't in.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Something that frustrates me with the Smash fanbase is how bloodthirsty character speculation gets.

Like, let’s be excited to actually play the game, yeah? Like I personally don’t want Steve, but I don’t plan on rubbing it in anybody’s face when he isn't Steve.

It’s characters in what could be considered a “children’s video game”. I could rub it in peoples faces that I was right about the box, but I rarely do that.

Somebody could rub it in my face that I might be wrong about westerns/Banjo. But I hope i’m wrong at this point.

I also don’t really care, because none of this matters in the long run when i’ll be back to playing Smash as soon as the next newcomer gets dropped.

Have fun, don’t talk smack, and play the game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
the king has spoken

I'm fairly certain Banjo was chosen given what we know. Regardless, my point was to not start another Minecraft debate when it's clear fans are sad that Steve isn't in.
nvm the king has to be overthrown

gullibility is now a crime under my new rule order as napoleon

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Something that frustrates me with the Smash fanbase is how bloodthirsty character speculation gets.

Like, let’s be excited to actually play the game, yeah? Like I personally don’t want Steve, but I don’t plan on rubbing it in anybody’s face when he isn't Steve.

It’s characters in what could be considered a “children’s video game”. I could rub it in peoples faces that I was right about the box, but I rarely do that.

Somebody could rub it in my face that I might be wrong about westerns/Banjo. But I hope i’m wrong at this point.

I also don’t really care, because none of this matters in the long run when i’ll be back to playing Smash as soon as the next newcomer gets dropped.

you don't understand, jones

there is nothing more serious
than the roster of the mario pikachu party game

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
you don't understand, jones

there is nothing more serious
than the roster of the mario pikachu party game
Yo don't talk **** about kirby, those games are for hardcore gamers, I mean, have you seen the L O R E ?!?!

D

Deleted member

the king has spoken

nvm the king has to be overthrown
I'm gonna raise taxes, but specifically towards people who disagree with me.

Gonna be honest, I'm pretty indifferent about the bets I've made with everybody in this thread. Too excited over Banjo.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm just saying that if you don't feel deeply insulted on a personal level because a video game character made it into a crossover, you're doing speculation right.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm just saying if you don't feel deeply insulted on a personal level because a video game character made it into a crossover, you're doing speculation right.
this but without the 'don't'

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

Us or them mentality. People see limited resources and want what they want.

And then there is the superiority complex that comes with it.

D

Deleted member

I'm just saying if you don't feel deeply insulted on a personal level because a video game character made it into a crossover, you're doing speculation right.
Are you kidding me? I will never get over the time Sakurai disconfirmed Goldeen in Smash 64.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Yeah, the only character I’m semi-confident in is Erdrick.

Much as I actually want Banjo, I’m nowhere near convinced, even with the latest round of “speculation/leaks” surrounding him.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I've never felt strongly about my favorites getting into smash, maybe it's because none of them have a chance

osby

Smash Obsessed
Us or them mentality. People see limited resources and want what they want.

And then there is the superiority complex that comes with it.
I think everyone would be a lot more chill if we remember character choices have been made months ago and everything we say and do about the DLC speculation has absolutely zero effect on the outcome.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I think everyone would be a lot more chill if we remember character choices have been made months ago and everything we say and do about the DLC speculation has absolutely zero effect on the outcome.
but if i write a 5,000 word essay on my most-wanted, sakurai, an avid browser of smashboards dot com, is sure to notice my passion and see the merits of my argument

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
True. Makes me sad in a way. I really want to see goemon. But i will be happy with whomever is revealed. Was even happy with female corrin. Love me some fenale corrin .

osby

Smash Obsessed
I feel like I caused yet another Minecraft argument, when all I was doing was trying to raise the spirits of Steve fans.

Sorry guys...
It's okay. I'm not exactly a huge Steve supporter or a Minecraft fan, but it's really sad how much hate Steve supporters get for petty reasons.

D

Deleted member

NGL, I totally get real life invested into whether my favorites can make it in. Usually it comes when I hear they have a chance. So when Snake was revealed, my immediate thought was, "So Bomberman has a chance," before God saw my hubris and turned him into an assist trophy.

Or when the Grinch leak happened, I legitimately could not think of anything else the day before the November direct bbecause Banjo had a chance

D

Deleted member

Well in the meanwhile, I've been playing Ultimate Doom again, just beat the second episode. I forgot how creepy this game could get, especially with the Cyberdemon. Just hearing it stomp around the arena, having no idea whether it's just around the corner is really tense.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I feel like I caused yet another Minecraft argument, when all I was doing was trying to raise the spirits of Steve fans.

Sorry guys...
You didn't do anything wrong my dude. Minecraft is a controversial topic in the Smash community and results in debates. On the bright side I don't expect any of this notority and controversy to survive the next Smash speculation. By that point the people who grew up with Minecraft will come of age and a new era of appreciation and love will arrive for the game.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I’m certainly happy with Banjo.

How do Minecraft fans have it rough with their decade old multi-million seller.
Getting caught in an endless debate over who is the better character, in addition to insults on both sides. You have to admit they don't have it the easiest either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let's not turn this into a ****-measuring contest over which fanbase has it the worst, mkay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom