• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Sakurai tweeted the smash tourney stuff. He's going to watch it:

""SSB" is a Japan-born Japan game, but I cannot support only Japan team on the standpoint.... All the players in the world who have been fighting, hang out! I get up early and watch it. "

Japan's going to stream the stuff today with a translator:
https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/1137290921748262912
Cool. Wonder if something is revealed at all.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
*facepalms* I COMPLETELY forgot about Thanos and Ultron. Consider Dracula and Whirlwind off the roster.

Also... I mean yeah but Injustice has already claimed every viable option. We can do Mr. Incredible instead of Elsa if we HAVE to.
Could have non super hero comics like ****ing Negan or some ****. Also Spawn wasn’t in Injustice

D

Deleted member

He's saying for smashers all around to watch it and that he's getting up early to watch it, so maybe :)
Also being streamed and translated from Japanese. Is that typical for these E3 tournaments?

D

Deleted member

Anything could happen at the tournament, but I don’t want to have any expectations in case of dissapointment.

Calling it now, it's gonna be like the Crono Trigger tweet so it's just people getting excited over nothing
That seems likely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't think the Smash Tourney will show off the new character but it may be an indicator of who's gonna get smacked with the nerf hammer in the next big patch.

D

Deleted member

I don't think the Smash Tourney will show off the new character but it may be an indicator of who's gonna get smacked with the nerf hammer in the next big patch.
Ok, that’s actually something worth to check.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You didn't hear this from me, but at EA's cinfernce, they're gonna reveal the next 2 Smash newcomers: John Madden from the EA Sports: Madden series, and Sim from The Sims series.

D

Deleted member

You didn't hear this from me, but at EA's cinfernce, they're gonna reveal the next 2 Smash newcomers: John Madden from the EA Sports: Madden series, and Sim from The Sims series.
You are wrong.

John Madden is the Activision rep inspired by the sports game on Atari and Crash is an assist trophy.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Why a generic Sim? Why not Bella Goth? Smh

:troll:

D

Deleted member

Y'all aint ready for the ubisoft rep to be TOM CUHLANCY

D

Deleted member

All I ask for is Steve.
I guess I would be okay with Banjo and Erdrick, though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's that time again

Today we get Tourneys, Tomorrow we get Microsoft's show, Monday we get Square's show and Tuesday the main event.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just hope for Elma myself

And either Neku or a Bravely Default character but Erdrick will probably nab the Square slot before those guys

Oh well, long as I get Elma, it’ll also BTFO the Spirits Deconfirm argument

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
smash fans when sakurai starts making tweets that sound like teases, c. 2019

1560009723188.png

D

Deleted member

My dream picks would be Crash Bandicoot, Eight from Dragon Quest 8 (or at least a DQ rep in general) and also Mach Rider to a small extent.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
*facepalms* I COMPLETELY forgot about Thanos and Ultron. Consider Dracula and Whirlwind off the roster.

Also... I mean yeah but Injustice has already claimed every viable option. We can do Mr. Incredible instead of Elsa if we HAVE to.
Non-Marvel Disney characters known for their comics, eh?

Scrooge McDuck is always a great option.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I kinda accepted that Steve isn't gonna happen, unless a complete miracle happens.

But if Banjo does get in, then I might have to leave the site for a day, because I know I'm gonna get absolutely dunked on due to the circumstances revolving around the arguing of Steve and Banjo fans even if I didn't like taking part in it.

Let's build another day my fellow Steve supporters.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
The characters that I want and believe they have a genuine shot for the fighters pass are Steve, Crash, and Reimu. Everyone else either got shot down or are extremely unlikely.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I would love to have matches between Samus, Crash, Eight, Mach Rider and Banjo with any of these tunes on the background:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I kinda accepted that Steve isn't gonna happen, unless a complete miracle happens.

But if Banjo does get in, then I might have to leave the site for a day, because I know I'm gonna get absolutely dunked on due to the whi circumstances revolving around the arguing of Steve and Banjo fans even if I didn't like taking part in it.

Don't worry bro. We're in this together. It's not over until it's over.

Can't wait until Nintendo's E3 seemingly ends, before ZUN comes on screen and they play the Reimu reveal trailer. The entire internet is in shambles.
This would legit blow my mind, I don't expect Reimu at E3 but boy oh boy would this make my day.

D

Deleted member

But if Banjo does get in, then I might have to leave the site for a day, because I know I'm gonna get absolutely dunked on due to the circumstances revolving around the arguing of Steve and Banjo fans even if I didn't like taking part in it.

I accepted Steve practically not being in too.
Hmm, I would be alright with Erdrick and Banjo. I can handle getting roasted, and Minecraft exists.
I will just say one more thing though.
Steve may not have as much character as Banjo, but Minecraft is a much more interesting series than Banjo and Kazooie, and has much more tools. This is my opinion. You can disagree, but this is what I think.
Still, I will be happy for my friends who really want Erdrick and Banjo.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I don’t get the hate Steve gets.

He isn’t a high priority for me, but the character has potential if he is done correctly.

That without mentioning the stage potential, which I could write a huge paragraph about how amazing it could be.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I am happy on how far Steve support has come. Think about it. Even if he doesn't get in, Steve is finally considered to be a legit pick for Smash, despite being considered a joke that onky 5 year olds want like 1 year ago. Now, a lot of people are saying they would be cool with Steve. I guess things change, huh...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I accepted Steve practically not being in too.
Hmm, I would be alright with Erdrick and Banjo. I can handle getting roasted, and Minecraft exists.
I will just say one more thing though.
Steve may not have as much character as Banjo, but Minecraft is a much more interesting series than Banjo and Kazooie, and has much more tools. This is my opinion. You can disagree, but this is what I think.
Still, I will be happy for my friends who really want Erdrick and Banjo.
Yeah, I love sandbox games.

Minecraft, DQ Builders and Disney Infinity are easily my favourites.

The genre would be cool to see getting representation in Smash.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I am happy on how far Steve support has came. Think about it. Even if he does't get in, Steve is finally considered to be a legit pick for Smash, despite being considered a joke that onky 5 year olds want like 1 year ago. Now, a lot of people are saying they would be cool with Steve. I guess things change, huh...
It's how I feel about Reimu as well. They're no longer treated as meme picks and are actually treated seriously within smash speculation now.

D

Deleted member

I just realized that if The Thing went for holidays alongside the other F4 members in the Hulk episode I got their picture from in my avatar... I would have an orange summer gang as my avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom