• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
A little birdie told me that Sakurai said something about only doing multiple reveals because of the schedule for Wii U/3DS, and that because of that, and the fact that he mentioned this in a recent publication, they thought there might only be one reveal this time.

Thoughts?

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
A little birdie told me that Sakurai said something about only doing multiple reveals because of the schedule for Wii U/3DS, and that because of that, and the fact that he mentioned this in a recent publication, they thought there might only be one reveal this time.

Thoughts?
He said he only released multiple characters in one patch because he was limited in the number of patches he could release for those games, nothing related to reveals.

Though maybe I missed something.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Thoughts?

If it's only one reveal they need to speed up the process after E3 to meet their deadline.

Not to mention not even knowing half of the content of your purchase in November/December by August?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think that if there's gonna be two reveals, we'll get one of them today with the smash tournament.
Yeah, no. They haven't been advertising that nearly as hard as their main event, it's just a fun side thing to show a fun little tournament of a game that's getting more DLC soon

Also lmao I had 0 red rings in Green Hill Modern and accidentally got all 5 the next time I played it

D

Deleted member

Thoughts?
What recent publication are we talking about? Link?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, no. They haven't been advertising that nearly as hard as their main event, it's just a fun side thing to show a fun little tournament of a game that's getting more DLC soon

Also lmao I had 0 red rings in Green Hill Modern and accidentally got all 5 the next time I played it
That’s something cool to hear!

And yeah, the dual reveal seems more likely for me on Tuesday.

D

Deleted member

my only regret with all this is how much of a hype bomb banjo would have been if he hadn't been leaked to hell and back just five days beforehand
Hey, popular characters are always going to get leaked.
I know I prefer Steve and Banjo, but it would still be hype to see it happening, right?
It is like knowing that you are going to get a Xbox One X for Christmas. It would be exciting when it actually comes.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
He said he only released multiple characters in one patch because he was limited in the number of patches he could release for those games, nothing related to reveals.

Though maybe I missed something.
Eh more or less the same point, so thank you for clarifying.

Basically, if this Patch schedule is more consistent, they may reveal a character with 4.0 and release it around this time, and they don’t necessarily need to reveal a 2nd.

I’ve always thought we would get 2, but i’m not so sure.

I think the only announcement from today could be a Smash broadcast IF Nintendo is doing one again this year.

Otherwise, probably not.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

my only regret with all this is how much of a hype bomb banjo would have been if he hadn't been leaked to hell and back just five days beforehand
I've had like multiple hype bombs these last couple of days. It went from "Banjo is 50/50" to "Banjo is probably more likely because of the Cable Guy's" to "Holy **** we got a leaker named Shinobi saying Banjo" to "HOLY **** VERGEBEN JOINED IN" to "HOLY **** HURRY THE **** UP E3"

D

Deleted member

This is why they're gonna blow us away by revealing Kazooie on her own as a playable fighter, no Banjo.

D

Deleted member

Eh more or less the same point, so thank you for clarifying.

Basically, if this Patch schedule is more consistent, they may reveal a character with 4.0 and release it around this time, and they don’t necessarily need to reveal a 2nd.

I’ve always thought we would get 2, but i’m not so sure.

I think the only announcement from today could be a Smash broadcast IF Nintendo is doing one again this year.

Otherwise, probably not.
It's never a guaranteed that they'll reveal two fighters at E3. We know for a fact Sakurai is simultaneously working on Fighters #2 and #3, and that's it. Our only hope is if they Joker Fighter #3 and say, "Hey check this guy out. Now wait a couple more months for gameplay."

D

Deleted member

I think that if there's gonna be two reveals, we'll get one of them today with the smash tournament.
That would be somethint Nintendo would do. Keep am eye out, everybody!

Edit: ****ed the spelling up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It's never a guaranteed that they'll reveal two fighters at E3. We know for a fact Sakurai is simultaneously working on Fighters #2 and #3, and that's it. Our only hope is if they Joker Fighter #3 and say, "Hey check this guy out. Now wait a couple more months for gameplay."
Well yeah. That’s what i’ve always been expecting, but i’m simply not sure of the release schedule, or if they have it all plotted out to be their own thing each time.

We only have like 3 days at this point until we know. Just have to keep up with that patience!

D

Deleted member

Well yeah. That’s what i’ve always been expecting, but i’m simply not sure of the release schedule, or if they have it all plotted out to be their own thing each time.

We only have like 3 days at this point until we know. Just have to keep up with that patience!
Pretty much. I'd like to think that since Nintendo chose the characters, they'd want two of them revealed for max hype. That's just optimism speaking, though.

Well that goes into someone specific. What do you all think of Source Nintendo? He's saying something will happen after the tournament. Wonder how credible they are.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much. I'd like to think that since Nintendo chose the characters, they'd want two of them revealed for max hype. That's just optimism speaking, though.

Well that goes into someone specific. What do you all think of Source Nintendo? He's saying something will happen after the tournament. Wonder how credible they are.
https://twitter.com/Source_Nintendo/status/1101179348592275456
Only things they've gotten right are extremely easy to guess and they've made way more false claims than right ones, so don't bother.

Blueant22

Smash Rookie
The thing that makes me think we'll get two reveals instead of just one is that Erdrick's been rumored/leaked for a while now that it makes sense for him to be the second character in the pass, at least in my opinion, and all the Banjo-Kazooie rumors happening so close to e3 makes me think they'd be revealed there.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The reason I think two reveals is because they have to push the fighter's pass and aren't doing a good job of reassuring their costumers that purchased the pass of their investment.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

I can't say I've ever heard of them. I just think that two reveals on tuesday might be dedicating a bit too much time to smash, unless they do it during the treehouse presentation or something, but that won't happen. That being said, Nintendo doesn't usually reveal things on weekends.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Hmmm. What kind of roster would a Marvel Injustice have....? You know it would have an equal number of heroes and villains. At least 4 guest characters.... if we use Injustice and Injustice 2 as templates..... ok, give me a minute....

Heroes
  1. Iron Man
  2. The Hulk
  3. Thor
  4. Captain America
  5. Black Widow
  6. Hawkeye
  7. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch
  8. The Vision
  9. Ant-Man and The Wasp
  10. Dr. Strange
  11. Spider-Man
  12. Black Panther
  13. Captain Marvel
  14. Wolverine
  15. Cyclops
  16. Storm
  17. Fantastic Four
  18. Star-Lord
  19. Rocket Raccoon and Groot
  20. Ghost Rider
Villains
  1. The Mandarin
  2. MODOK
  3. The Leader
  4. Abomination
  5. Loki
  6. Hela
  7. Red Skull
  8. Baron Zemo
  9. Killmonger
  10. Ultron
  11. Thanos
  12. Green Goblin
  13. Venom
  14. Dr. Octopus
  15. Magneto
  16. Juggernaut
  17. Sabretooth
  18. Dark Phoenix
  19. Dr. Doom
  20. Annihilus
Guest Characters
  1. Ryu
  2. Ken Masters
  3. Darth Vader
  4. Elsa

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Don't think we'll see anything interesting Smash related in the tournament, though there could be a cool thing or two in the SMM2 one, because apparently they haven't shown us everything yet

D

Deleted member

I’m at my aunt’s ho,e almost close to having lunch with the family.

The food seems tasty.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Thoughts?
I agree--I think having two fighters so close together is too much, and I've always thought the expectation of Erdrick being next was too speculative (which goes along with Imran's comments) despite the certainty. The only reason I'm entertaining the idea of two characters being revealed is they may want as many characters announced soon enough due to the fighter pass model--knowing 3/5 characters will get more people on board who were otherwise skeptical, and you want to do it sooner before interest in the game fades. And since they were working on three fighters at the same time, reveal them now, and have radio silence until the Fall/holidays as they work on the last two.

I just don't see a good way to reveal two characters. The problem with announcing a character at the tournament is most of the people who are watching will be hardcore fans, a good portion of which probably already got the fighter's pass. The Direct makes more sense, but I can't see them revealing two characters in a general E3 Direct. Another option is if Banjo & Kazooie are in, they could be announced during Microsoft's conference--but I doubt Nintendo would want to save a reveal for their exclusive game for an audience that will primarily own another console.

It's tricky, but all together, since there's nothing concrete pointing to two reveals, I think it's best to expect only one.

D

Deleted member

Mythra Mythra
I love that avatar.
Do you have the source for that?
Mythra in that suit looks really good.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
With E3 coming up it's time to look back at some wonderful cringe from past years. I can't wait for the embarrassing moments that will happen this year. :troll:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hmmm. What kind of roster would a Marvel Injustice have....? You know it would have an equal number of heroes and villains. At least 4 guest characters.... if we use Injustice and Injustice 2 as templates..... ok, give me a minute....

Heroes
  1. Iron Man
  2. The Hulk
  3. Thor
  4. Captain America
  5. Black Widow
  6. Hawkeye
  7. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch
  8. The Vision
  9. Ant-Man and The Wasp
  10. Dr. Strange
  11. Spider-Man
  12. Black Panther
  13. Captain Marvel
  14. Wolverine
  15. Cyclops
  16. Storm
  17. Fantastic Four
  18. Star-Lord
  19. Rocket Raccoon and Groot
  20. Ghost Rider
Villains
  1. The Mandarin
  2. MODOK
  3. The Leader
  4. Abomination
  5. Loki
  6. Hela
  7. Red Skull
  8. Baron Zemo
  9. Whirlwind
  10. Killmonger
  11. Green Goblin
  12. Venom
  13. Dr. Octopus
  14. Magneto
  15. Juggernaut
  16. Sabretooth
  17. Dark Phoenix
  18. Dr. Doom
  19. Annihilus
  20. Dracula
Guest Characters
  1. Ryu
  2. Ken Masters
  3. Darth Vader
  4. Elsa
Uhh... why ain’t Thanos a villain? Also the guest characters should still be comic book characters like the DC Injustice.

Otherwise.... not bad.

D

Deleted member

Gonna audition for that game I mentioned earlier and now I’m super nervous.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
One thing's for sure: if Banjo gets revealed then people may take Reggie's/Nintendo's statement of appealing to a wider audience a bit less literally. Most Banjo fans likely already own the game or the system.

Dragon Quest will do that for Japan, but that's going to be software sales more so than hardware sales. It still mostly appeals to people who own Nintendo systems.

D

Deleted member

The food was great!
I got full now, so I’ll relax on her house for a bit.

Gonna audition for that game I mentioned earlier and now I’m super nervous.
Just give them all that you can do.

You could easily succeed.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
With E3 coming up it's time to look back at some wonderful cringe from past years. I can't wait for the embarrassing moments that will happen this year. :troll:
Classic Cringe Highlights
- Nintendo 2008 (all of it)
- Mr. Caffeine (Ubisoft 2011)
- Peggle 2 (2013)
- The PS3's reveal
- One of Microsoft's conferences was really bad but I can't remember which year

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Uhh... why ain’t Thanos a villain? Also the guest characters should still be comic book characters like the DC Injustice.

Otherwise.... not bad.
*facepalms* I COMPLETELY forgot about Thanos and Ultron. Consider Dracula and Whirlwind off the roster.

Also... I mean yeah but Injustice has already claimed every viable option. We can do Mr. Incredible instead of Elsa if we HAVE to.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
- One of Microsoft's conferences was really bad but I can't remember which year
There are a lot of bad years lol
But I think you're probably talking about the disastrous 2013 E3 that pretty much turned public opinion around them and destroyed their success for this generation. I know I dodged the Xbox One because of that conference.

D

Deleted member

I heard that the Kinect conference was one of Microsoft’s most awkward conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom