• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I don’t just post here. I’m also active on the Killer Instinct Forums, which are basically now just, “let’s talk about whatever we want, but mostly fighting games”. And I was basically just told over there that I will always suck at fighting games unless I fork out the extra cash for online. I don’t know, I like having a dedicated place to talk about some of these fighters but... some of those users can be really mean. One guy thinks that I just post **** to start fights because I have different opinions from the norm.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don’t just post here. I’m also active on the Killer Instinct Forums, which are basically now just, “let’s talk about whatever we want, but mostly fighting games”. And I was basically just told over there that I will always suck at fighting games unless I fork out the extra cash for online. I don’t know, I like having a dedicated place to talk about some of these fighters but... some of those users can be really mean. One guy thinks that I just post **** to start fights because I have different opinions from the norm.
That kind of behaviour sucks, ngl.

Having different takes on certain topics or games shouldn’t be a thing of conflict.

D

Deleted member

Man, UMvC3 was such good fun.

And then Infinite came along...
If we get a new MvC, my hopes are on it going back to an artstyle closer to UMvC3.

Realism isn’t really a good choice for the MvC series.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
With the Smash tourney today meaning anything can happen from now until Wednesday, I think now is a better time than ever to go on a Nintendo-themed internet blackout. I suggest you guys do the same if you value your hype.

...and remember to hype responsibly. See you guys after a while.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If we get a new MvC-
I doubt it. I can't see Disney wanting to 'waste' the money after the flop that was Infinite. Maybe in another 5-10 years or so. There was quite a gap between MvC2 and 3

D

Deleted member

I doubt it. I can't see Disney wanting to 'waste' the money after the flop that was Infinite. Maybe in another 5-10 years or so. There was quite a gap between MvC2 and 3
Yeah, I expect to wait for a new one.

Although 10 years isn’t the longest wait period I ever had for anything, as weird as it may sound.

D

Deleted member

@JDCabrera can’t decide on what PFP to choose, so he uses all of them.

Now that’s called strategy.
My four favourite franchises (outside of DQ since I sadly couldn’t find a proper summer picture) should get equal representation from my part.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
Last night I came to learn how little space there actually is on the Switch without a Micro SD Card the hard way: I can’t even download the newest update for Mortal Kombat 11 without one, and I can’t even play it without updating it apparently. Heck, MK11 even takes up NEARLY HALF of the storage space on the Switch. Good thing I have a Micro SD coming tomorrow.

That aside, depending on where everything goes with potential E3 leaks, I might stay off of here and Twitter if there’s really something of substance that comes out, since at this point I don’t want it ruined for me. Either way I’m (not) ready to have my hopes and dreams for this year’s event potentially crash and burn. I usually don’t really set high expectations, but I might as well go all in for E3.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
If we get a new MvC, my hopes are on it going back to an artstyle closer to UMvC3.

Realism isn’t really a good choice for the MvC series.
I don’t know... it doesn’t look great for the Capcom characters. But the Marvel ones looked better than ever. Especially since they ditched the comic-accurate designs for characters like Hawkeye

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Today I plan to watch the Mario Maker and Smash tournaments but might skip the Splatoon one (but will watch recaps for Bingo card purposes)

Can't wait

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I could understand having a codename ready, but I highly doubt that 2 months away from release, plant, joker, and Erdrick or a third character were worked on. That was when the rumors for a square rep and Minecraft starting circulating. Leading people confused because box theory gained a lot of traction then. There is no way joker and brave had models then. Plant still needed to be polished although it was pretty far along. We also know from the reddit beta tester leaker plant was the only one in working condition. Neither of the other two characters had physically signs of existing.

Meaning they weren’t ready for beta testing which they certainly shouldn’t have been at that time. But the point is those rumors shouldn’t have known any specific character at that time period. If anything maybe joker but as we saw that wasn’t the case.

With how tight secruity on the pass is, stuff leaking that early doesn’t add up to me. As for the brave equals banjo thing though. The codename itself doesn’t seem to be obvious, but we only have two other codenames to work with. Jokers was a symbol, and plants was it’s actually name. For all we know brave is a description of a trait the character has or something else. My main point for that was that people thought the stars worked for banjo especially the side or whatever it was brave had. Which I’m not saying he is brave, but I could see it.

I do find it interesting though when I think about it how Jon from GX bought up how banjo was likely the second character and that he thinks chrono trigger is coming to switch.

That’s just a side note but something I thought about that could be neat. What if there actually is a square rep and it was chrono? Two classic third parties as E3 choices would be pretty nice actually. But that’s just something random and unrelated to the previous points really. I’m heading to bed though.
A large portion of the story of Final Fantasy 15 leaked.

Square is definitely not Fort Knox.

Cloud for Smash also leaked, and the same dude that leaked Cloud is leaking Erdrick now.

The idea that “Banjo slides, so Brave is Banjo” is silly considering the more significant connections of Brave with Erdrick.

Whatever happens will be interesting. But there’s no reason to discount Dragon Quest or Erdrick at this point.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
I don’t know... it doesn’t look great for the Capcom characters. But the Marvel ones looked better than ever. Especially since they ditched the comic-accurate designs for characters like Hawkeye
Regardless of another MVC game happening or not, I feel like maybe another studio should have a go at a Marvel fighting game, specifically Netherrealm. I don’t care if the stuff that Ed Boon said was just rumors and such, I wanna see what they’d do for either a standalone Marvel fighting game or Marvel vs. DC. Injustice 1 and 2 were successful, so they definitely have the potential for a great Marvel fighting game, crossover or not.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Regardless of another MVC game happening or not, I feel like maybe another studio should have a go at a Marvel fighting game, specifically Netherrealm. I don’t care if the stuff that Ed Boon said was just rumors and such, I wanna see what they’d do for either a standalone Marvel fighting game or Marvel vs. DC. Injustice 1 and 2 were successful, so they definitely have the potential for a great Marvel fighting game, crossover or not.
You do realize your asking for Warner Bros to make a Disney game.

D

Deleted member

Wolverine in Mortal Kombat would rock

You do realize your asking for Warner Bros to make a Disney game.
B3364B02-6BA8-447A-930D-AA75A8983DA8.jpeg

49EF14C7-E130-493D-A371-4AB8BBE56050.png

68FB21B4-E3C6-4CDD-9F2E-5968AFE75D65.jpeg

9E69765D-DC38-49E7-94AF-03463DB58770.jpeg

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I mean the 3 Lego Marvel games are a thing, and Warner Bros. worked on them, it’s clearly in the intro credits stuff.
That’s probably only happening because of the LEGO branding and partnership. I mean, TT games is a subsidiary of WB like netherrealm, but this situation also has The LEGO Company acting as an intermediary.

D

Deleted member

That’s probably only happening because of the LEGO branding and partnership. I mean, TT games is a subsidiary of WB like netherrealm, but this situation also has The LEGO Company acting as an intermediary.
There’s still the Cars 3 videogame doh.

It was made by Warner.

Note: I don’t know why I said Crash instead of Cars at first.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
D

Deleted member

If I remember correctly, the Cars 3 game was made by the studio behind Disney Infinity who got adquired by Warner.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Don’t get me wrong. I want this to happen. All talks about a Marvel Injustice aside, I would LOVE a DC vs Marvel Fighter. Or a LEGO adaptation of JLA/Avengers (which is probably more likely). I just don’t know if Disney would let it happen. Whatever reason applied to make that Cars Game happen, you can’t guarantee that it could transfer over to Marvel Comics.

If I remember correctly, the Cars 3 game was made by the studio behind Disney Infinity who got adquired by Warner.
Which means it was probably something they already had started before the acquisition and were allowed to Finnish. Or something else super specific like that.

Also. Apparently that studio made the Tak and the Power of Juju games.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I think that if there's gonna be two reveals, we'll get one of them today with the smash tournament.

D

Deleted member

You know how Microsoft always bring in real cars on stage whenever they're showing Forza? Well this year, to celebrate Banjo's grand return, they're going to release an actual wild brown bear into the audience and livestream the massacre. This is your punishment for leaking things.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

You know how Microsoft always bring in real cars on stage whenever they're showing Forza? Well this year, to celebrate Banjo's grand return, they're going to release an actual wild brown bear into the audience and livestream the massacre. This is your punishment for leaking things.
The bear better be alongside Kazoo Kid to play some tunes on the stage.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
all the while grant kirkhope sits on stage strumming away as the crowd screams in horror

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Last night I came to learn how little space there actually is on the Switch without a Micro SD Card the hard way: I can’t even download the newest update for Mortal Kombat 11 without one, and I can’t even play it without updating it apparently. Heck, MK11 even takes up NEARLY HALF of the storage space on the Switch. Good thing I have a Micro SD coming tomorrow.

That aside, depending on where everything goes with potential E3 leaks, I might stay off of here and Twitter if there’s really something of substance that comes out, since at this point I don’t want it ruined for me. Either way I’m (not) ready to have my hopes and dreams for this year’s event potentially crash and burn. I usually don’t really set high expectations, but I might as well go all in for E3.
The Switch came with such pathetic amounts of storage space. I know it is a small console, but come on...these are 2006 numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom